Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

My Plan ist to simply keep the Warframe Twitch page open while being out for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am going to be at a baseball game :(. Hope either you guys or reddit post the code. I would hate to miss such an awesome frame :smith:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mesadoram posted:

I am going to be at a baseball game :(. Hope either you guys or reddit post the code. I would hate to miss such an awesome frame :smith:

It's not a code, it's a Twitch drop so it's automatically added to your account after watching for 30 minutes.

eszett engma
May 7, 2013
I think there may be some sort of idle timeout sort of thing with twitch because the last few times I've left it running unattended I haven't gotten the drop. Maybe it needs to be in the active tab, maybe the window needs to have focus, maybe there needs to be activity, who knows. Leave it up front with an afk macro to be safe I suppose.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just break the tab out into its own window and don't minimize it. You can mute it and put it behind another window if you like as long as you do that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

It's not a code, it's a Twitch drop so it's automatically added to your account after watching for 30 minutes.

Oh, well then I will just have it running in my phone lol.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Oh, well then I will just have it running in my phone lol.
That´s pretty much what I´ve done as well.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ughhhh posted:

Vox solaris has that terrible rank requirement where you need 5 atmos(?) system or something that has terrible drop rate. Took me weeks to farm enough.

you need 10 and they drop in 4s so you need 3 drops. i was at 8 for a little while and then got like 24 in one night grinding with a couple goons.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

gyromag farm made me quit the game for like four months, its a good system

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

vox solaris culling the weak

they come to this place when they know they are not pure.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also trying to get Atmo Systems from Profit taker part 2. 1/2 the time you join a group already in session they’re already done by the time you get out the doors and you don’t get anything.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did anyone get stuck on repellers rather than atmos? its so weird how repellers are supposed to be more rare and most people seem to get those before the atmos.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Awesome! posted:

did anyone get stuck on repellers rather than atmos? its so weird how repellers are supposed to be more rare and most people seem to get those before the atmos.

Having just started the phase 2 farm yesterday, by the time I got 15 gyromags (rank 2, 25% drop) I already had all the repellers I would ever need and all but one of the atmos drops.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
atmos farming isn't difficult but it is completely dependent on rng. still, you can roll that particular die a lot faster than friggin' rotation c defection. there are several ways to eliminate any chance of failure in defection, but no way of speeding the process up.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Awesome! posted:

You can buy the repellers at lvl 3 and then trade them in for lvl 4. VS rep is easy to get, I just bought the remainder I needed.

It's gyro/atmo that are pure RNG. I ran heist 2 three times a day or so, when turning in gems and tororids for rep.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

ElMudo posted:

I can't get online during the Tennocon stream. I'm going to try using a scheduled task to watch it for me for Nekros. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work, but anyone tried it before?

I use a scheduled task to launch prime time and devstream every week, I'm also going to use it for tennocon.

Make a new task and go to the "Actions" tab and enter the following:

Program: powershell
Arguments: start 'https://www.twitch.tv/warframe'

Under the "Conditions" tab you can set it to wake up the computer if it is asleep.

Test it out before you go, just set it it to go off in 5 minutes and watch to make sure it works.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Babe Magnet posted:

they come to this place when they know they are not pure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MGuRY6WTU

ElMudo posted:

I can't get online during the Tennocon stream. I'm going to try using a scheduled task to watch it for me for Nekros. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work, but anyone tried it before?

You could remote in with your phone to start it.

Malah
May 18, 2015

:perfect:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

So this week's ESO has a new Gas City tile that I don't think is in the regular tile generation for Jupiter. It's even got a yellow door, and we've found the security box and two of the three buttons for it. We can't find the middle button (Square) though, anyone have any idea where it is?
There's also two "ULTRACAPACITOR"s that a Helios can scan if you get up close to them, and one of the pillars in the room has very large glowing mechanical components that can be broken as if they were standard resource containers. What a weird room.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Any suggestions for a good secondary to proc gas for putting down corpus mods? I'm using my catchmoon atm but I'm feeling a gas Atom?

Helter Skelter posted:

Grinding out the Atmo Systems needed for rank progression with Vox Solaris is some tedious bullshit unless you just get really lucky, but past that it's really not too bad.
I just run PT over and over with a cred booster until he spits out what I want.

Malah fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 5, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Malah posted:

Any suggestions for a good secondary to proc gas for putting down corpus mods? I'm using my catchmoon atm but I'm feeling a gas Atom?

The Cyanex is gas innately and has homing shots to boot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so when exactly is the stream again

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

6 to 7 est saturday

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cyanex is real fun and handily shreds Corpus. It also has the somewhat dubious honor of being the sole reason I have Primed Quickdraw maxed out.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The Cyanex and The Pox are my go to clouds-of-status-gas secondaries.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Johnny Joestar posted:

If you want the Lotus Ephemera you need to watch 30 consecutive minutes of streaming between 11AM and 6PM EST and then another 30 minutes between 6PM and 7PM to get the free Nekros Prime.

1 DAY ‘TIL TENNOCON

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So basically just throw up Twitch tomorrow morning and go about my day? Got it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
obligatory: check https://www.warframe.com/user shows all the "sync" links (but mainly twitch) so you know which account you should be logged in on twitch with, then make sure twitch is showing the "<name> is watching Warframe stream Warframe" status stuff correctly

with those two checks i've never had an issue with their drops using the site or twitch mobile app unless they typod or messed up on their end

not that i would say no to getting 100 nekros primes or something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Awesome! posted:

farming voms for cores is dumb. if you need cores ask for someone to help you kill terry a few times.

even with a 111 amp spoiler mode will suck until you unlock some waybounds.

Who is "terry"?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

terry is the teralyst eidolon that walks around the plains at night
garry is the 2nd eidolon and harry is the 3rd

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Awesome! posted:

terry is the teralyst eidolon that walks around the plains at night
garry is the 2nd eidolon and harry is the 3rd

Terry and Garry are pushovers but then Harry is their big brother who's super pissed that you beat up the smaller 2.

(the teralysts are the Teralyst, Gantulyst and Hydrolyst)

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
What are the 2 different rep grinds in Fortuna? The main one and the hoverboarding one?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I'm starting to regret my decision to save the hardest frame farms for last rather than spacing them out. I'm trying for Khora's Blueprint and Harrow's Systems and it feels like it's never going to end.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DarkAvenger211 posted:

What are the 2 different rep grinds in Fortuna? The main one and the hoverboarding one?

Solaris United is the main one, once you've maxed with them you can then start on Vox Solaris (the Fortuna equivalent of the Quills), then the Vent Kids are their own thing.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

DarkAvenger211 posted:

no

Main and heists, which is honestly way more boring and frustrating since it has the only repeated missions with no procedural generation to trick you into believing you're not doing the same thing repeatedly

Ventkids would be another but it's also profoundly unimportant

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Legit have no idea why people have a problem with vox rep now that exploiter orb exists.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nalesh posted:

Legit have no idea why people have a problem with vox rep now that exploiter orb exists.

gee, i dunno, maybe because it doesn't even start until you've already reached the end of the one of the worst standing grinds in the game

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

gee, i dunno, maybe because it doesn't even start until you've already reached the end of the one of the worst standing grinds in the game

You can do exploiter orb as an MR1 without even going into fortuna, it's not like profit taker.

Like it's literally both a really good way to get SU rep, and a really good way to get vox rep.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nalesh posted:

Can't speak for everyone but I have trouble getting the other various orbs I need to rank up Vox standing. Doesn't really matter how many mom orbs I've got if I can't spend the standing on anything worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I thought Exploiter was tied to the thermia fracture thing what isn't always happening