Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Omega might fit in a deshelved detolf but trypticon won't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

Siege Jetfire is real fuckin' good. Easily the best version of the character in the history of the line.

Nodosaur posted:

Eh. He doesn’t even transform into a space shuttle

As the Jetfire robotmans, he's amazing.

As a flying thing... Starscream is better.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As the Jetfire robotmans, he's amazing.

As a flying thing... Starscream is better.

The flying thing is so good Starscream doesn't even need to be there for it!

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Got lucky and found Refraktor at a department store yesterday. This is my favorite robot mode of any of the Siege Deluxes, looks about perfect.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Got my Siege Springer from HasbroPulse today, and he is beautiful.

I TRIED transforming him without the instructions, turned him into some kind of unholy abomination, worried about loosening some parts, and put him back into robot mode. I was getting really worried about snapping his shoulders back into position, since I couldn't seem to tab them into place and his arms were just flopping down, away from his sides. I don't know what I did different, but when it finally worked, I put him on my shelf and decided to leave well enough alone. I think those shoulders are going to give people some trouble.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I assume the delay for Omega Supreme is working out the pipeline to Ollie’s.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

So I just had my Ectotron order from Pulse that I placed 2/15 canceled. Didn’t even get a email, was checking the status page and saw it.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I assume the delay for Omega Supreme is working out the pipeline to Ollie’s.

Daaaamn. I gotta tell you if it ends up there, I’m buying 6

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrChud posted:

So I just had my Ectotron order from Pulse that I placed 2/15 canceled. Didn’t even get a email, was checking the status page and saw it.

That blows, sounds like it's common. Someone called and was told they will be restocking in a month.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

That blows, sounds like it's common. Someone called and was told they will be restocking in a month.

Under status where it would say fulfilled or unfulfilled it said restocked. So if your going to restock why cancel. Hopefully my GameStop one still holds for now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pulse is still pretty new so they might be ironing out how preorders and restock works. I didn't make the call so I dont know what was actually said.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
A G1 Ultra Magnus appears in the first episode of the new Stranger Things, even though it came out in 1986 and the story takes place in 1985. We can only hope someone lost their job over such a grievous error.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Action Jacktion posted:

A G1 Ultra Magnus appears in the first episode of the new Stranger Things, even though it came out in 1986 and the story takes place in 1985. We can only hope someone lost their job over such a grievous error.

It had flashing lights too which was just an atrocity

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Medullah posted:

It had flashing lights too which was just an atrocity

Also a motor, which weirdly look like it fit well.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Clearly the Department of Energy's advanced experimentation signals some other slight tweaks to the timeline, like an early and motorized Magnus, or horrible creatures from an alternate spacetime crossing over into ours

I definitely don't remember that in 1985

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Phy posted:

Clearly the Department of Energy's advanced experimentation signals some other slight tweaks to the timeline, like an early and motorized Magnus, or horrible creatures from an alternate spacetime crossing over into ours

Sounds like someone bought the government's cover story

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
To be fair, I was four and Canadian

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/chrismcfeely/status/1146875004958773250?s=19

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh neat! That's a definite buy for me.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Got my Siege Springer from HasbroPulse today, and he is beautiful.

I TRIED transforming him without the instructions, turned him into some kind of unholy abomination, worried about loosening some parts, and put him back into robot mode. I was getting really worried about snapping his shoulders back into position, since I couldn't seem to tab them into place and his arms were just flopping down, away from his sides. I don't know what I did different, but when it finally worked, I put him on my shelf and decided to leave well enough alone. I think those shoulders are going to give people some trouble.

He's a really good looking bot, and the vehicle modes are pretty good. I'd recommend getting him into helicopter mode (which is really hard in the front, it took me a half hour), and then letting him sit for a few days - it seemed to stabilize all his parts and joints in a better fashion. From that it's easy to go to car mode, and not too tough to go back to bot mode. The shoulder/torso tab mechanisms all fit much more snugly on transforming him back. You may need to watch a video to start the reverse chest transformation, there's only one point where the joints yield to start undoing everything, and it's not obvious.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
It'd be nice if this leads to stuff like the recent Legends magna being translated beyond summaries since it's clear very few people are interested or capable of scanlating anything in this fandom(I seriously had to explain to a guy who made an attempt why he shouldn't flip the art, then he still flipped it for his next release and grumbled about how long it took him to photoshop all the asymmetrical logos and page elements of a single page b&w comic into a non-mirrored form, well I bloody told ya that'd happen didn't I)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new thew about G1 Megatron!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-review-g1-28141745

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Phy posted:

Alternately, building a motor into his robot toy is very on-brand for Dustin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/escoblades/status/1147195553450725376

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bet that person would have some real strong opinions about gay robots and lady robots without obvious roboboobs.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Megatron hasn't always been white, he's also been green and purple.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
As reductive as it is to troll-cast Idris Elba to upset internet pissbabies, that would be ace. His voice through a filter would sound perfect.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

Megatron hasn't always been white, he's also been green and purple.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just got something really cool and stupid at Quake in Chicago.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

HiS fACe iS STiLL WhiTE

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

HiS fACe iS STiLL WhiTE

Whiteface isn’t offensive

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Now I want Idris Elba as Megatron in the MTMTE animated series.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You know, I thought of this guy, but I distinctly remembered it as purple. I guess maybe it's the highlights. The black is sort of a subordinate color that can be easily tinted with the suggestion of whatever is around it.

Anyways, have a brown Megatron.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Broke: Idris Elba as Megatron
Woke: Idris Elba as Optimus Prime

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Broke: Idris Elba as Megatron
Woke: Idris Elba as Optimus Prime

I always pictured Lawrence Fishburne as the Optimus Prime type.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
keith david as optimus prime

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bobcat Goldthwait as Megatron

Gilbert Gottfried as Starscream

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The next Hart/Rock vehicle should have Rock as Optimus and Hart as Hot Rod.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I bet that Agent Smith dude from The Matrix would make a sinister Megatron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/denofgeekus/status/1147313094525255681

So one wonders if they've had their hand smacked good enough to not try to mess with Jetfire stuff again or if this makes them think they have a "case" again.

Also LOL at 'making Robotech.' Shadow Chronicles was, what, 15 years ago?