Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Got the Ridgerunner done:

Dude you are so, so good at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

richyp posted:

Already beaten, but every once in a while (usually after i've visited the beer shop in town I throw out a random tutorial, usually related to whatever my painting attention is currently focused on (focus is stretching it). When I do and the moon/inebriation aligns I post them here:

https://www.goonhammer.com/tag/beer-bristles/

Yeah I already have your glorious Baharroth Blue article bookmarked, so this one is now there too.

I've been using Nurgle's rot the top of a Vallejo bright green but I'll try it with some yellow to see if it'll pop a bit more.

Also you'll probably appreciate I ended up using Baharroth in some home decoration :D

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

God drat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Obviously everything whips rear end about this and everything is gorgeously synchronized and there’s a detail I especially appreciate; the uphill terrain. It adds a subtle level of dynamism that I think the regular model kit is missing.

E: also the choice to assemble the kit with both infantry options. Something about the model looks off when the people aren’t on it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 4, 2019

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ok so need some advice. While priming my squuggoth I found some areas in which I wasn’t able to remove all the release agent:

What’s the best way to handle this? If I work to scrub it off, I don’t want to end up with flakes from the existing primer. Some of these areas are deep in narrow recesses and it would be very difficult to get a narrow toothbrush in there.

Maybe I can just overpower it with some type of rattle can option?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I had today and yesterday off and I got gently caress all done. It's amazing the difference when you set a goal versus when you don't.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Does anyone else read “Word Bearers” and just see “Word Beavers” every time?

Also quick Deathwatch chat: it’d be cool if you had to pick a special ammo for guys the turn BEFORE you got them (because they’re reloading yo) and it’d make it risky to make up for the fact you got cool goodies

I always read them as World Bearers and get them confused with the World Eaters.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OhDearGodNo posted:

Ok so need some advice. While priming my squuggoth I found some areas in which I wasn’t able to remove all the release agent:

What’s the best way to handle this? If I work to scrub it off, I don’t want to end up with flakes from the existing primer. Some of these areas are deep in narrow recesses and it would be very difficult to get a narrow toothbrush in there.

Maybe I can just overpower it with some type of rattle can option?

It's not gonna work and it's going to end in tears.

Strip with 99% isopropyl alcohol and scrub the area with a toothbrush and soap.

Bonus that the IPA will probably strip the release agent.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My metal Stormboy Nob, new in package, came in and he has a miscast arm, which is probably why I got it for the price that I did :doh:

I had not planned on using it, but wanted an extra choppa on hand, oh well.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not stocked about how primaris and ye olde marines look next to each other. Not only are they bigger, their proportions are more realistic with longer arms and legs. The olde marines look like the primaris brought their chubby little brothers along.

I guess it's not so bad in bighammer, since they are in separate units, but in Kill Team it blows.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Geisladisk posted:

I'm not stocked about how primaris and ye olde marines look next to each other. Not only are they bigger, their proportions are more realistic with longer arms and legs. The olde marines look like the primaris brought their chubby little brothers along.

I guess it's not so bad in bighammer, since they are in separate units, but in Kill Team it blows.

It's not so bad with the Deathwatch or Space Marine Heroes (if you can still find them anywhere), at least.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Bwaaaaa~

This is the Looted Keeper of Secrets for my new megaproject: The Slaanesh Orks. The orks figured that if Slaanesh is the god of having a good time then she's the god of fighting, playing music and going really fast at the same time, and that's pretty good for a god. So they went out and looted a Keeper of Secrets and the Painboyz cut off its arms so they could use it for bitz. The Keeper of Secrets, for her part, found the idea of having her limbs cut off and replaced with crude cybernetics delightfully perverse and decadent, but is having a hard time educating the orks on the finer aspects of excess.

It's one of them situations where it's not clear who is corrupting who.

The base isn't done and there are still a bunch of touchups to do. Just wait until you see the Deff Dreads for this army.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Thanqol posted:

Bwaaaaa~

This is the Looted Keeper of Secrets for my new megaproject: The Slaanesh Orks. The orks figured that if Slaanesh is the god of having a good time then she's the god of fighting, playing music and going really fast at the same time, and that's pretty good for a god. So they went out and looted a Keeper of Secrets and the Painboyz cut off its arms so they could use it for bitz. The Keeper of Secrets, for her part, found the idea of having her limbs cut off and replaced with crude cybernetics delightfully perverse and decadent, but is having a hard time educating the orks on the finer aspects of excess.

The base isn't done and there are still a bunch of touchups to do. Just wait until you see the Deff Dreads for this army.

Everything about this rules and I love it

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Thanqol posted:

Bwaaaaa~

You are probably the first person to attempt this

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
So what movement trays are people going to use for apoc? I'm assuming there's cheaper alternatives out their to the gw ones

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

gilljoy posted:

So what movement trays are people going to use for apoc? I'm assuming there's cheaper alternatives out their to the gw ones

I will probably 3D print some.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I will probably 3D print some.

That's a nice option to have, I'm looking into getting a printer myself

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

gilljoy posted:

That's a nice option to have, I'm looking into getting a printer myself

Our local librarys do 3d printing at a small maintenance cost plus resin. If anyone just needs a single thing fabbed here or there, I'd suggest looking into that. Some cities do, some don't but it's more common now and people don't know about it usually.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Thanqol posted:

Bwaaaaa~

This is the most unique and amazing way I’ve ever seen orks kitbashed and I absolutely love it.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

gilljoy posted:

To be honest they're not bad value. The GW ones are cheaper than a lot of the existing alternatives on the market.

I'm just a little gutted they didn't make 50mm trays as I re-based all my Zoanthropes and Hive Guard on those a while ago. I have over a dozen of each and I'll definitely be using them all for Apoc.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The new admech tank is $125aud :negative:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JBP posted:

Britain continuing to punish you criminals.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
$100 for the Repulsor seems exorbitant

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Britain continuing to punish you criminals.

We were Irish free immigrants! This is a continuation of hate crimes!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

We were Irish free immigrants! This is a continuation of hate crimes!

You're attempting to distinguish Irish folk and criminals to the English.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Thanqol posted:

Bwaaaaa~

This is so wrong and yet so right.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Speaking of movement trays, anyone know of any that work for the pill-shaped biker bases? Files to 3d print them work too since I have access to one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Floppychop posted:

Speaking of movement trays, anyone know of any that work for the pill-shaped biker bases? Files to 3d print them work too since I have access to one.

Give me dimensions and I can make something tonight.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Give me dimensions and I can make something tonight.

The olds pills are 70x25 - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-70x25mm-Oval-Bases

But I was also looking at printing out trays for the new biker bases at 75x42 - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-75-46-Oval-Bases so if you were to make those as well...

My Warbikers would be happy for their eventual Apoc game :)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

JBP posted:

Kind of feel like we got shafted a bit on the rules for the transport too. No invul, no open top and only carries 10. The forge world drill seems like such a better option.

Was really expecting some kind of AdMechy gimmick.

That said, it looks incredible and is only 4 power so I'll end up getting at least one.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lizard Combatant posted:

Kind of feel like we got shafted a bit on the rules for the transport too. No invul, no open top and only carries 10. The forge world drill seems like such a better option.

That said, it looks incredible and is only 4 power so I'll end up getting at least one.

Wait, when did the full rules come out?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait, when did the full rules come out?

It's available for sale so the rules are already on the internet. I saw them on Bell of Lost Souls.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Lizard Combatant posted:

After I saw the points cost the stats make more sense. It's super cheap and I think it'll do it's job pretty well.

I am more excited about the stats on the tank variant now though. I found this on facebook, looks like it might outperform an Onager for the points.

I am back to trying to decide how many of which type I want while I wait for them to hit the discounters online.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Thanqol posted:

Bwaaaaa~

Ingenious. I'd love to see more.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

That is perfect.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

TheBigAristotle posted:

$100 for the Repulsor seems exorbitant

The pricing has been getting crazy for awhile. 75 the basic transport for admech, 140 for the new keeper plus the Changer of ways suddenly has to be 140 now too as an older kit? Yes not super old but why the price hike realistically inb4 brexit.

Straight 100 for the new replusor os a bit much, you can only build one out of the entire thing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

For_Great_Justice posted:

The pricing has been getting crazy for awhile. 75 the basic transport for admech,

They're bumping Kastelans and Dunecrawlers to $75 too, so I guess it's just the new "These Are AdMech Heavies!" price point.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

They're bumping Kastelans and Dunecrawlers to $75 too, so I guess it's just the new "These Are AdMech Heavies!" price point.

Aren't Kastelan robits 80 already?

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

TheBigAristotle posted:

Aren't Kastelan robits 80 already?

$69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Nice