Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Part of it's built into the helmet, part is built into the chestpiece. Together they form some sort of Viking Voltron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm going to start reporting people who don't return my /lalihos :mad:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm going to start reporting people who don't return my /lalihos :mad:

I'm going to start replying with Rally Ho!

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It's Lali because Lala.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

You're wrong, Y'shtola.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

PROTIP: The end credits around 37 minutes long and you lose nothing by skipping them.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

You're wrong, Y'shtola.

I seem to have missed this quest.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Pierson posted:

Ascian clothing and futuristic Ironworks armors.

Well, the former would just be one set of robes matched to all classes

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

just started shadowbringers today

I have to say, killing off the merchant who resembles the ones from the start of ARR is a clever and heartbreaking way of setting a tone and subverting expectations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Asimo posted:

PROTIP: The end credits around 37 minutes long and you lose nothing by skipping them.

Listen to the first song, you coward.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I haven’t seen many hrothgar with horns, I would have expected the one from FFX to be more of an influence

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is Eulmore keeping the people in their territory reliant on coming to Gatetown? I'm doing Alphinaud's quest first and something here doesn't smell right.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

Is Eulmore keeping the people in their territory reliant on coming to Gatetown? I'm doing Alphinaud's quest first and something here doesn't smell right.

Let your imagination run wild, but this gets answered later in the MSQ.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

It's less that they're reliant and more that living anywhere else tends to blow rear end, as there's no protection against sin eaters and nothing but the meager returns of bandit-plagued fields to feed you with. The merest possibility of getting to live "the good life" is enough to get people to fruitlessly camp outside of Eulmore in the hopes their number will come up.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Thundarr posted:

Let your imagination run wild, but this gets answered later in the MSQ.

Let's just say that the Calcobrena theme is intentionally creepy and they used it to represent Eulmore for a drat good reason.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Listen to the first song, you coward.
I did. That's how I know how long it was. :colbert:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I just made it into the first few level 80 MSQs and... yeah, ya'll weren't kidding, this poo poo is getting kinda wild (well, even more wild, since the Level 79 stuff was just too good already).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Vermain posted:

It's less that they're reliant and more that living anywhere else tends to blow rear end, as there's no protection against sin eaters and nothing but the meager returns of bandit-plagued fields to feed you with. The merest possibility of getting to live "the good life" is enough to get people to fruitlessly camp outside of Eulmore in the hopes their number will come up.

I'm just wondering if they're engineering a lot of the stuff people living out in the wild have to deal with.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

okay i hate gunbreaker on principle now because they're making my expert tank queues fuckin 25 minutes long

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kerrzhe posted:

okay i hate gunbreaker on principle now because they're making my expert tank queues fuckin 25 minutes long

From my point of view it is you who are making my tank queues 25 minutes long!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

From my point of view it is you who are making my tank queues 25 minutes long!

i was here first! get off my lawn!!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MechaX posted:

I just made it into the first few level 80 MSQs and... yeah, ya'll weren't kidding, this poo poo is getting kinda wild (well, even more wild, since the Level 79 stuff was just too good already).

The crazy good train doesn't stop until after the post-credit scenes.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibblebibble posted:

The crazy good train doesn't stop until after the post-credit scenes.

It doesn't stop there either since the 2 exdr's are fuckin excellent.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yo we've got a bit of a conundrum in our small personal company.

Up until now there's only been like 3 or 4 of us playing which is cool and all, but with the new expansion we've gotten a couple of our friends to pick the game back up after having been gone for a while. The problem is, our server (Primal, Excalibur) isn't allowing new characters or transfers in. How long do you guys who've been around for a few expansion launches think it'll take before it opens back up, if it's even possible to guess right now? If it's a couple of weeks we could probably wait it out, but if it takes too long we're going to set up a vote to move off of Excalibur since moving away from congested servers is free right now. I'd really not like to if I could help it lol

Server Instancing (World Visit???) might be an option but I gotta' see what Datacenter they're on.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I did it. I'm finally the gently caress in Ishgard. I'm out of ARR.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I had an interesting experience playing The Burn the first time on my laptop with the updated Scholar. Took me a bit to figure out that I no longer had Bio/Miasma and that Miasma 2 was replaced with something new. Not being able to do aetherflow out of battle is annoying, though not a huge deal.

I'm dumber than most players and often have an issue with job rotations being too complex, but the new Scholar DPS is even a bit too simple for me (though from what I understand by 80 they get some attack using the Seraph?).

I assume people have already discussed the major Mechanist changes. What's the general consensus? Is it good now? I never played the job much, but I'm considering it now (I'm debating whether to level it or Monk* while on this vacation, since I don't want to do the MSQ without my nice monitor at home).

* I'm mainly choosing what would look well with my character's aesthetics, since I wanna look cool in cutscenes. Scholar is nice and all, but caster robes don't really mesh with my whole aesthetic.

edit: I have been finishing up the Stormblood MSQ while here, since I had a little left (I was doing The Burn as part of the MSQ). I like the part where that one Xaela guy hits on Y'shtola.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 5, 2019

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

rantmo posted:

I did it. I'm finally the gently caress in Ishgard. I'm out of ARR.

I’m sooo close myself. I finished 2.4 this afternoon and was dismayed to see that 2.5 was locked behind three hard mode trials. Thankfully it only took about 30 minutes to complete all three.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Asimo posted:

Respect the content creators :colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tainen posted:

I’m sooo close myself. I finished 2.4 this afternoon and was dismayed to see that 2.5 was locked behind three hard mode trials. Thankfully it only took about 30 minutes to complete all three.
This is also the good part of 2.0, so enjoy!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So after years of avoiding MMOs I've gotten myself into this game. I'm playing a Gladiator going into Paladin but what's a good Job to get into after? Thinking some DPS or Healer role.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I don't know if there's a strong consensus on new MCH but IMO if you liked old MCH you won't like new MCH and vice-versa. I personally like new MCH a lot.

e: replying to Ytlaya

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I will say new MCH is on the higher end of execution so if you struggle with more difficult jobs you'll probably just find it frustrating

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Edit: Spoiler doesn't work on Youtube videos apparently.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

I haven’t seen many hrothgar with horns, I would have expected the one from FFX to be more of an influence

Kimahri sucks and no one likes him, everyone wants to be a cool lion.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

TopHatGenius posted:

So after years of avoiding MMOs I've gotten myself into this game. I'm playing a Gladiator going into Paladin but what's a good Job to get into after? Thinking some DPS or Healer role.

WHM is strong and the most accessible healing class, most of my favourite dps classes are locked behind expacs and being l50 or 60 for dancer.

So White Mage/Conjurer or Black Mage/Thaumaturge would be my suggestion.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I assume people have already discussed the major Mechanist changes. What's the general consensus? Is it good now? I never played the job much, but I'm considering it now (I'm debating whether to level it or Monk* while on this vacation, since I don't want to do the MSQ without my nice monitor at home).

You get two mongo nukes and an ability that automatically makes a weaponskill crit and dhit. On the other hand, you have several systems all screaming for your attention and you need to prioritise which to use at the moment. It can be a bit fly-by-your-pants and plate spinny. Also, high APM if that is an issue due to Hypercharge-Heat Blast/Autoxbow spam.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

(I'm debating whether to level it or Monk* while on this vacation, since I don't want to do the MSQ without my nice monitor at home).

* I'm mainly choosing what would look well with my character's aesthetics, since I wanna look cool in cutscenes. Scholar is nice and all, but caster robes don't really mesh with my whole aesthetic.

I've got Monk up to 79 now, and I've been enjoying the new stuff, and I've been maining Monk since ARR. Having an AoE rotation is amazing, as is having a back or flank attack for every stance, though I'm still retraining my muscle memory on those. You also get Aura Bolt. GL4 does make a difference, but I'll leave it up to the people with parsers to figure out if it does more than Fists of Fire, since you have to have Fists of Wind up for it, but I'd bet it does, not to mention the movement speed makes it easier to dodge mechanics.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pray for my aunt posted:

I don't know if there's a strong consensus on new MCH but IMO if you liked old MCH you won't like new MCH and vice-versa. I personally like new MCH a lot.

e: replying to Ytlaya
I enjoy them both. The only thing I miss from old MCH is the flexibility of how you execute your combo.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

just finished the msq, credits rolling now, and I'm gonna let the whole fuckin' thing go

anyway I'll just add in to the chorus that that was the best final fantasy I've played in many years, maybe ever

now to go back in the thread and read some of these spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so after finishing up Il Mheg i was pretty excited to get an amaro mount, and since i didn't get it during the MSQ or anything i figured it was gonna be a beast tribe reward

but no

that's every combat job to level 80

gently caress you yoship