Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I just got to the island last night. Didn't have to switch discs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Man Cadence of Hyrule owns. It also seems a lot more forgiving than Crypt of the Necromancer, I could get nowhere in that game and am doing a lot better with this.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

VladimirLeninpest posted:

One thing that a lot of people forget about RE4 is that the aiming was done with the main joystick on the GameCube. This feels a lot better and is more functional than the two stick aiming they added into the new ports.

o poo poo lol. in hindsight duhhhh, lmao oops

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Switch thread can you tell me not to feel guilty about the fact I'm currently trying to 100% Odyssey and I've caved in and looked up a couple of purple coin locations online

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Switch thread can you tell me not to feel guilty about the fact I'm currently trying to 100% Odyssey and I've caved in and looked up a couple of purple coin locations online

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

Games are meant to be fun and you should play them in whatever way is the most fun for you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Len posted:

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Your elders will never smile on you until you have every coin and korok seed.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
gently caress collecting all the Korok seeds, although I think I got ~700 of them just from how thoroughly I explored the game anyway

However part of the point of Odyssey is collecting poo poo. Although I even felt guilty paying Toad for a couple of moon hints

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I really hope SolSeraph is fun and good :unsmith: Actraiser is probably a top 3 game for me on the Snes.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Butterfly Valley posted:

gently caress collecting all the Korok seeds, although I think I got ~700 of them just from how thoroughly I explored the game anyway

However part of the point of Odyssey is collecting poo poo. Although I even felt guilty paying Toad for a couple of moon hints

If there was a way in-game to track the seeds I probably would've collected them all. I got around 500 before moving on to something else.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BisterdDave posted:

If there was a way in-game to track the seeds I probably would've collected them all. I got around 500 before moving on to something else.

Working as intended. If they gave you any sort of feedback then it would ruin the exploration of the game!

At least I would assume it's that because it's official reason for stripping all Gamepad support from the WiiU version. Not at all because they didn't want to release one version with more features than the one for the newest console.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Butterfly Valley posted:

Mods?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Len posted:

Working as intended. If they gave you any sort of feedback then it would ruin the exploration of the game!

At least I would assume it's that because it's official reason for stripping all Gamepad support from the WiiU version. Not at all because they didn't want to release one version with more features than the one for the newest console.

Definitely not saying that the developers were wrong for designing it the way they did, just saying that I don't have the patience for something like that. Especially when knowing that the in-game reward is meager. I did find a website that had an interactive map when checklists for the seeds, but at that point I didn't feel like trying to remember all the ones I had already tracked down.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Butterfly Valley posted:

I didn't look up a guide but I did borrow my little brother's Bowser Amiibo to find three lousy coins which were the only ones I hadn't found in the whole dang game.

Ain't no harm in looking poo poo up if you're stuck. Play the game however you find fun. Games are supposed to be fun.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Let me tell you the story of the one blue coin in Noki Bay that kept me from 100%ing Mario Sunshine for days...

Nowadays I just look poo poo up rather than be stuck. I don't mind being stuck on a part where I have to Git Gud, but if I've scoured a whole area and still am missing poo poo, I'll just google it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i didn't find the secret exit in bowser valley... 2? 3? the one where you have to fly up and to the left after you come out of the pipe, until i looked it up on the internet when i was 20.

i found everything else in the game on my own when i was 7 or 8

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This is a dumb question, but I remember all that stuff about chargers breaking Switches... with regards to that, was it only portable batteries bricking Switches? If I have my Switch and it is charging via a Samsung charger plugged into a surge protector, is that safe?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

This is a dumb question, but I remember all that stuff about chargers breaking Switches... with regards to that, was it only portable batteries bricking Switches? If I have my Switch and it is charging via a Samsung charger plugged into a surge protector, is that safe?

I Dont recall a single portable battery bricking a switch.

You'll be fine.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

It's docks that break switches, and even then only during a system update (?) so as long as you pull it into handheld before updating you should be fine with those anyway. I haven't heard of it happening recently either so it is possible whatever was causing 3rd party docks to brick switches might have been fixed.

Chargers should be fine all around though.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Thanks!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mario Rabbids is pretty dope so far. I can already tell I won't be able to settle on a team easily.

Well, except for Weegee. He's the best.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Which weegee?

Ha ha, just kidding. I know they're both equally best

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does anyone else sketch out a little drawing or a Mario Maker 2 level before starting to make it? I feel like having a rough outline of an idea is helpful in making something that I will actually finish

Inzombiac posted:

Mario Rabbids is pretty dope so far. I can already tell I won't be able to settle on a team easily.

Well, except for Weegee. He's the best.

I love Mario x Rabids but one of the criticisms I have for the game is as you start upgrading skills a clear best team composition becomes really self evident.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Does anyone else sketch out a little drawing or a Mario Maker 2 level before starting to make it? I feel like having a rough outline of an idea is helpful in making something that I will actually finish

yeah when i'm at work and i have an idea for a level i doodle it in my notebook to try and visualise it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Nintendo literally gives you a piece of poo poo for collecting all of the deku seeds. They're not for collecting, they're just small puzzle breaks and a "reward" for reaching places you normally wouldn't go to.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

Nintendo literally gives you a piece of poo poo for collecting all of the deku seeds. They're not for collecting, they're just small puzzle breaks and a "reward" for reaching places you normally wouldn't go to.

loving WRONG. Nintendo gives you with a magical maraca dance experience 900 times.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

The seeds were the poo poo all along

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Hetsu tells you that they are poo poo nuggets the first time you meet him.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Anyone with Crash Team Racing online that can help with the Friend challenges?

Also, is there a Crash Team Racing topic?

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I'm really liking Gato Roboto, except for the bosses, which seem to have this obsession with making you jump and shoot the entire time, which gets really physically uncomfortable because you can't put shoot on a shoulder button so you're jamming on B->Y over and over.

whaley posted:

Bloodstained is great but there's really no excuse for how horrible it looks. If I released something like this at work I would expect to get fired

The really obvious jaggies everywhere are just... what? What???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

The reason there’s so many is so the world is dense with them. I hope Nintendo doesn’t get the wrong impression from weirdos trying to collect them all.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Fallom posted:

The reason there’s so many is so the world is dense with them. I hope Nintendo doesn’t get the wrong impression from weirdos trying to collect them all.

Breath of the Wild 2: the Master Sword has broken and you have to collect the 900 shards from the Koroks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Fallom posted:

I hope Nintendo doesn’t get the wrong impression from weirdos trying to collect them all.

The impression Nintendo got from the success of the virtual console and PSN and Xbox live as competitors was nesflix. There is no relationship between an event and what actions Nintendo takes on the basis of that event.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd rather have the garbage online of Nintendo than PSN/Xbox live because at least it's cheaper

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Andrast posted:

I'd rather have the garbage online of Nintendo than PSN/Xbox live because at least it's cheaper

Mmyes, I'd rather get nothing in return for my money, instead of voice and message support, and free games that aren't 30 year old second-rate roms.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Mmyes, I'd rather get nothing in return for my money, instead of voice and message support, and free games that aren't 30 year old second-rate roms.

If I have to pay for online I'd rather it be cheap.

I don't give a poo poo about "free" games I wouldn't play anyway (or have already bought) or those other things

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Mister Facetious posted:

Voice and text have nothing to do with the online fee and the games you're still paying for(sub isn't free) are effectively worthless.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Service could be way better but I’m not really complaining since it’s $20 and Nintendo has the only games I want to play online anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

Voice and text have nothing to do with the online fee and the games you're still paying for(sub isn't free) are effectively worthless.

The only worthless game is the one you don't play. The $5 per month for top indie titles in return like BoI, Steamworld, Meat Boy, and Rocket League played by millions of people have payed for the service many times over across the world.