Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
I was astonished by the volume of oil I was getting from setting up a tractor route, it's keeping up with 12 gas plants and three refineries. Production capped out before a real stress test could happen (the 12 gas plants are fed by 1 fuel refinery that feeds 2 assemblers making turbofuel, which is easily keeping up with demand).

I tore down my low-end infrastructure to retool for alternative recipes, and since what I had built before was to support two manufacturers (computers and reinforced steel cube things), I'm swimming in raw material.

One normal iron mine and one normal copper mine, both mk 1 at 250%, support ten iron ingot foundries. Five of those foundries support ten alternate steel foundries (iron ingot + coal). I only built five because I didn't think I had enough coal throughput on the one mark 3 belt I ran from the pure coal node in the south. I have the other five iron foundries making iron wire and some iron plates. And ... that's it. I have a pair of caterium smelters / constructors for that wire, plus my refineries, but the alternate recipe usage means I don't use copper ingots for anything nor rods or screws. And I'm swimming in materials. All the extra space I freed up in my rats-nest of a base I'm using to store up steel pipes and beams for a rail network.

The next step connecting up a geyser power network, quartz and bauxite mines, and figuring out where to put my real base.

Uh, main point being - with alternate recipes and maxed mk 1 mines, you can get a preposterous amount of mid game production going with just one node each of iron, copper, caterium, and coal. And two nodes of concrete but those are impure mk 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
One issue is that the game lacks exploration incentives at the moment - every biome is mostly the same in resources, and once you got one node with a miner for each of the rare ores, you don't really need to find others unless you're building megabases. Hard drives in wrecks are somewhat cool, but it also makes me dread getting one a bit because now I've got to rebuild my whole factory to use the more optimal recipe.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
You don't HAVE to retool your base using optimum recipes. What I do is a sort of incremental movement - I build the first round of basic stuff in my starting base zone, and then move outward. I decide that I want to automate something (let's say modular frames), so I ping for a good iron source. Move out to that source (taking a power line with me), and build a factory on the spot with the then-best plans to make the thing. Make a conveyor line to take the finished products back to a storage container at the HUB. Decide on the next factory, go and do it again. I end up with a cluster of the most basic materials at the HUB, and everything else is built on-site at (or near) the ore sources, and conveyored in. It's super useful for keeping components on hand, because the entire length of the conveyor line acts as buffer. I essentially never touch the satellite bases after I've built them, because they do what I built them to do and they usually end up backing up until they stop production. If I'm building a new factory to make a new end-product (such as computers or reinforced modular frames), I'm going to build a new subcomponent production line (chips or frames) along the way to supply it, and if that one uses the new alternate recipes then that's all well and good.

Honestly, I usually make a very simple layout for parallel production. When I'm feeding components into multiple identical machines (like screws into reinforced iron plates), I usually have a container as a buffer but only one input/output in use. Merge all the input feeds, and split the output feed, and it'll work out just fine. So like - one conveyor belt coming out of the container and going off to the farthest Constructor, with Splitters along the line to feed resources off it into each Constructor along the way. If you have more of the things than you need, then you'll fill up the inventory in the machines and everything runs at 100%. If you have slightly too little, then your production will average out (per hour) to be equal to whatever 100% of your input is. (So if you are inputting enough screws to run 5.3 Constructors of reinforced steel plates and just build 6, you will get 100% of your screws made into reinforced steel plates. That's just a simple example, but the principle becomes more useful when you're using items of different source resources, like steel for stators or concrete for reinforced construction beams. If one resource is more limited than another, then I really only need to worry about using that resource at 100% of the available rate, the others don't need to be optimized.

Also, it took me an astounding amount of time to figure out that you can build splitters/mergers directly onto existing conveyor belts, and that you can upgrade/downgrade a conveyor belt of one level to one of another level without removing it. I do wish I had realized that earlier.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cobbsprite posted:

Also, it took me an astounding amount of time to figure out that you can build splitters/mergers directly onto existing conveyor belts, and that you can upgrade/downgrade a conveyor belt of one level to one of another level without removing it. I do wish I had realized that earlier.

Not sure if you knew this yet but in the experimental branch you can stack splitters/mergers now, making belts even easier to layout.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Cobbsprite posted:

One thing to be careful about is when you combine these two - sticking a splitter/merger directly on a belt will cause it to always operate at the speed of the belt it was originally attached to, even if all the connected belts get upgraded to a higher speed. This can lead to some really hard to find bottlenecks.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
So are there no hostile aliens right now? Or just none that are attracted to your fires of industry?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Some Twitter chatter indicating that the tier 7 / train stuff might make it into the stable release today.

When it does, I've basically resolved to tear everything down and start from scratch, building-wise. My conveyor layout is a mess of inefficiencies, and I'm thinking that I can get both better output of high end materials and a cleaner look.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Crazyeyes24 posted:

So are there no hostile aliens right now? Or just none that are attracted to your fires of industry?

There are hostile aliens in the game, but you'll only encounter them when exploring - everything you build will block respawns in a certain radius, so there's no such thing as base defense.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

fezball posted:

There are hostile aliens in the game, but you'll only encounter them when exploring - everything you build will block respawns in a certain radius, so there's no such thing as base defense.

Even just building a power line through an area will make it "civilized" preventing native life from respawning in it. (That includes hostiles, healing items, and biomass.)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The triumphant return of the Victory Pole.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Most resources are actually guarded by some sort of hostile critter. I actually had a lot of trouble with oil at first because there was a huge fire breathing rear end in a top hat camping it. I tried to build some foundations and walls to fight it from cover, but I was killed anyway.

When I came back the monster had despawned and never showed up again 'cause I guess the place was considered "civilized" by my little barricade.

You can see the idea of where combat fits into the game- you don't need to actively defend your factory, but you'll have to fight to expand- but in practice even that isn't always how it plays out.

Edit: There should be some bullshit high level industry that actually does attract monsters. Leave most of it as it is for now 'cause it'd be a huge pain to defend everything the way it's set up now, but if there's some sort of like some sort of fancy reactor or like life-force-extractor that actually attracted waves of enemies, that could work. You'd want to build it in a fortified place where you set up all your defenses, so you could have the fun of siege mechanics without having to fortify your dumb sprawling factory right off the bat.

Or not. This game doesn't really need to be Factorio. It's fine if it remains its own chill yet fiddly thing.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 2, 2019

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Honestly, the rifle's resource consumption per bullet seems way too high for me. One nobelisk per four bullets??? I'm tempted to automate a Cartridge production facility simply so I never have to fool with it again.

If the devs fixed that, I'd be all for more hostile wildlife.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Rebar gun seems to do higher damage too? I kinda hate the rifle, I blew through 26 clips taking down a handful of big spitters.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The Mk.2 Rifle, which the wiki says was added and then removed, seems like it solves the problem. Fewer bullets per reload, but more damage per bullet.

Actually, now that I look at the map at the remoteness of bauxite compared to my base, I'm thinking that rather than tear down my base, I'll make a completely new base on the east end of the map. Then I can run a train between my two bases, and slowly shuffle all my various resources over until it's ready to be torn down.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
You would think the first person perspective would make it even better for fighting the dirty xenos, I would love a bit more siege defense mechanics.

Or at least 'civilizing' space requires a specific building, not just plopping down a powerpole. Sonic resonators or some other similar thing that repel the wildlife.

And flipping it around, having some specific tech that attracts them and requires some defensive planning would be a nice mid/end game addition.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

The Mk.2 Rifle, which the wiki says was added and then removed, seems like it solves the problem. Fewer bullets per reload, but more damage per bullet.

Actually, now that I look at the map at the remoteness of bauxite compared to my base, I'm thinking that rather than tear down my base, I'll make a completely new base on the east end of the map. Then I can run a train between my two bases, and slowly shuffle all my various resources over until it's ready to be torn down.

As in Factorio, you should never tear down your old base until you've set up your new one, it will supply you with all the materials you need, plus you can just leave the old one standing around because tearing down everything is a huge pain atm.

If you really want to be fancy, set up an autosorting facility with smart/programmable splitters and you won't have to search through all the random stuff you're bringing in from your old base.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Bobulus posted:

Honestly, the rifle's resource consumption per bullet seems way too high for me. One nobelisk per four bullets??? I'm tempted to automate a Cartridge production facility simply so I never have to fool with it again.

If the devs fixed that, I'd be all for more hostile wildlife.

Yeah, I definitely set up automated nobilisk and bullets just to to not have to bother handcrafting, even if I'm never going to actually spend a whole storage crate worth of dynamite.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

thark posted:

Yeah, I definitely set up automated nobilisk and bullets just to to not have to bother handcrafting, even if I'm never going to actually spend a whole storage crate worth of dynamite.

But why wouldn't you. It's great fun bombing an entire biome flat. (Then pave it.)

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

nielsm posted:

But why wouldn't you. It's great fun bombing an entire biome flat. (Then pave it.)

I've been chainsawing trees when they get in the way of explorer travel but I begin to realise that nobilisk is a solution to the problem of having to trash wood & leaves every once in a while.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Yeah it turns out that once you have petro-fuel the only thing which you NEED biofuel for is the chainsaw...which you only need to clear forest in such a fashion as to gather the materials for more biofuel ~

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You also need biomass to make fabric, which is required for gas mask and hazmat suit filters. But yeah mostly useless in the later tiers.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Looks like it didn't get mentioned here but experimental went live.

Trains, tier 7 and nuclear power!

quote:

NEW CONTENT
• Trains
- Trains are unlockable in Tier 6. Now go and set up your next level resource transportation!
- Set up a timetable for your trains and choose which freight cars should load or unload their cargo at each station.
- Set up a locomotive at each end if you want it to be able to go back and forth between stations, or just build a loop instead.
- Build extra locomotives if you’ve added too many freight cars for a single one
- If you connect power to one station, all other stations along the line will be powered as well so no need for a long power pole connection to your outposts
• Tier 7
- Nuclear Power. Take your power production to the next level with Nuclear Power Plants, but be wary of the radiation! You’ll also have to deal with the Nuclear Waste you are producing.
- Craft a Hazmat Suit in the Workshop to keep yourself safe from radiation.
- Bayer Process. Now it is time to integrate Bauxite into your production pipelines and set up the production of several new parts.
- Speed up the mining with the Miner Mk.3
- Transport things faster than ever with the Conveyor Belt Mk.5
- We also added a few alternate recipes for the new content
- Overall there are 12 new resources added to the game. Let’s see how big your factories will grow with incorporating all of them!

BALANCING
• Doubled Circuit Board stack size
• Tweaked resources in several areas
- Red Jungle (Plateau northwest of Grassfields)
- Added Bauxite, Uranium and Coal
- Bamboo Fields (Plateau north of Grassfields)
- Added Bauxite and Coal
- Swamp (Northeast of Grassfields)
- Completely overhauled resource placements and added new nodes

BUG FIXES
• Fixed an on load crash related to the Small Stinger
• Fixed crashes related to Arachnophobia Mode
• Fixed an issue with chat blocking input over other widgets
• Spore Flowers now properly react to client players
• Dragged inventory objects now center on the cursor
• Fixed the fall damage issue with Landing Jelly
• Alien Armour Plates dropped by the Flying Crab Hatcher are now visible for client
• Fixed the MAM getting locked on ongoing research if the time was corrupt
• Conveyor Pole holograms now show properly under the Conveyor Belt for client
• Changing the Network Quality setting now requires a reload of the save or returning to the main menu before taking effect (this is to mitigate some issues and crashes related to changing Network Quality runtime)
• Adjusted the Conveyor Lift building clearance to build downwards more easily

UI
• Updated the style of the item pick-up notification
• Updated the style of menu window tabs
• Updated the launch button
• Tweaked the damage animation of the Health Bar

QUALITY OF LIFE
• Adjusted dropping items from inventory. They will now stack together if possible and should find clear places to be dropped around the player.
• Added a Codex feature that allows you to check up on the cost of Recipes, Buildings and Equipment wherever you are (open with X)
• Added a search bar for the Craft Bench & Build Menu
• Added a checkbox to only show affordable items in the Craft Bench
• Changed several Conveyor Belt speeds:
- Mk.4 450 to 480 items per minute
- Mk.5 660 to 780 items per minute
• Mergers and Splitters are now stackable on even ground

FACTORY
• 8x1 Foundations added
• Nuclear Power Plant added
• Tweaked shadows on last LOD of Conveyor Belts
• New parts
Aluminium Ingot
Alclad Aluminium Sheet
Heat Sink
Radio Control Unit
Turbo Motor
Battery
Uranium Cell
Electromagnetic Control Rod
Nuclear Fuel Rod
Iodine Infused Filter
• Hazmat suit now craftable in workshop

WORLD
• Overhauled the Swamp visuals and gameplay (Northeast of Grassfields)
• Added Bamboo Fields area
• Added Red Jungle
• Overhauled the Dune Desert visuals including fog & lighting (Northeast corner of the map)
• Updated gameplay in the Desert Canyons (North and east of the Northern Forest)
• Updated tons of environmental assets

WILDLIFE
• Added the Elite Stinger (spider-like creature). It is very prominent in the Red Jungle

OPTIMISATION
• Network optimisation of Conveyor Belts
- Reduced conveyor network footprint
- Message size reduction
- (most messages reduced to an 8th in size, but depends on the specific conveyor/use case. But even the largest messages are far under 50% in size)
- Replication Frequency & Priority Tweaks
- (Should result in more effective use of the data/reduced overhead, and less issues in moments of data congestion)
- Improved item pickup from conveyors
- Added server rollback states and version tracking on interactions for improved precision (pinpointing exact items should work now even on high ping)
- Added client side prediction for improved responsiveness
- Improved item placement accuracy on conveyors
- Guaranteeing the pattern of items on conveyors to closer match that of the server
- Compensating for delays or earlier than expected add/remove events over time, minimising popping and drifting
- Added extra compensation animation as items are just about to move out of a conveyor
- Current side effects/future work on conveyors
- The overall reduced replication frequency combined with the visual compensations can make seams between two connected conveyors look a bit weird atm. Will be fixed soon, along with yet another significant reduction in net replication data.
- Some popping in the start area of a conveyor can still be observed at times as we currently prioritise to remove popping in the end of the conveyor and responsiveness. This will be tweaks and improved as we go and see more real use cases.
- We might consider reducing the data of initial replications on a conveyor, making their start state stream in over time instead, to reduce spikes in network data when loading into a game with a lot of conveyors close by
• Reduced network data on session join for clients
• Fixed a bunch conditional replication (replication dependency):
- Generalised and improved the system to be used in more places easier
- Made this system work better with saving games
- Player equipment only replicate when actively equipped, and unequipped equipment is ignored.
- Improved conditional replication to not trigger when it’s the server triggering interactions (The server already have the real state and don’t need to hook up for additional replication)
- Made all inventory slots use the conditional replication, significantly reducing replicated data across most buildings
- Refactored Overlocking and made it use the dependency system
- Added/Moved more replication to the dependency system for:
- All manufacturers
- All storage Buildings
• Improved the data footprint of replicating Factory Building legs/supports
• Removed far distance shadows in the persistent levels?
• Optimised Pond, River and UnderWaterSurface materials
• Grouped Factory ticks
• Added waterfall LODs
• Optimised the green “Snakelegs” Tree (primarily used in the northern parts of Grass Fields
• Implemented some minor ways of offloading initial client load times
• Fixed some network related clamping on the Conveyors
• Fixed collisions and optimized lots of environment assets

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Everybody was too busy playing tier 7 to post about the update, huh? Me, too. :v:

Had enough stockpiled engines, computers, and heavy frames to max out tier 7 research pretty quickly. Now I just need to decide on a new base location and start building. I upgraded my current base's conveyors in a few places to get aluminium production going, and it completely trashed my (previously decent) framerate, so, yeah, it's time to stop making continent-spanning conveyors and start figuring out trains.

On the plus side, I've got an excess GigaWatt of power to play with, before messing with nuclear, for setting up the new base.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Can I use both a jet pack and bionic legs at the same time yet??

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
No

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
Sunday: OK, Imma set up let's say two manufacturers worth of supercomputers, plus some excess production of each of the ingoing components so I'll have some for storage. I'll need, oh, 100 circuit boards per minute, and approxmately a poo poo ton of plastic. That's 10 assembler for circuit boards and one full mark 4 of oil going into plastic. Ugh.

Monday: Right, time to finish this production line... Wait a minute, I thought circuit boards were 10 per minute, they're only 5? Aww dammit, I need double this unit, plus another shitton of plastic.

Wednesday: Oooh nuclear. Let's see, I need ai limiters for the control cells, which means I also need to make more circuit boards. BUT, fortunately, I just unlocked rubber circuit boards so I can save space and oil consumption by switching out. OK, here's the assemblers... Errr where did I get the 5/min from, they're clearly 10/min as I originally thought and I wasted a whole bunch of time setting up 200 circuit boards / min outputting to a 120/min mark 2 belt. GOD DAMMIT.

On the other hand I now have a train going into the long cave in the northern desert for quartz which is amusing enough to slightly make up for the annoyance of having the nodes in such an annoying location to begin with.. But why goddamit can't I ride a train and have it going in automatic mode at the same time?

Also yeah, having to switch out between blade runners, jetpack, gas mask (and hazmat once I finish setting up aluminium) is the worst. At least having TWO slots would be a vast improvement.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
Also I wish there was a way to force straight rails (without going on foundations all the way). Even at best effort every line is a slight s-shape wobbling back and forth.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

This morning I figured today would be a good day to get back into Satisfactory. Just going to relax all day and play with trains.

9 hours of trying to chain three stations together later: Looks like trains are broken.

:negative:

To be more specific: I can set a train to go back and forth between two stations, but no matter how I arrange things in the time table adding a third station causes the train to visit the stations in apparently a random order, leading to it getting very confused and refusing to move when it tries to visit the middle station from the "wrong" direction.

I had assumed the experimental branch going live meant they fixed this stuff. I've waited months to get back into this game, and I would have happily waited a few more weeks if I knew trains were still wonky.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
Well, I got nuclear power running, so that's a thing.

My own amusing train anecdote is that the locomotive and the freight cars seem to be living separate lives. A locomotive by its lonesome pulls into the station, invisible ghost wagons get loaded and unloaded with as far as I can tell the proper contents. Meanwhile I see the freight cars going around the track with nothing pulling them.

Also my amazing spaghetti mess is now chugging along at like 10fps. I could swear that it wasn't this slow before (it would stagger a little if I went high to overlook the entire factory but not a constant low). Granting that there's been a lot of production added but also most of that isn't running anyways due to backed up storages.

Gods what a horrible broken mess.
(The cave train line looks really dumb on a map without context.)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So you all have a favorite base building spot? I started in the plains, but it lacks some late game resources. I was going to try the Eastern swamp, since it has some great pure nodes, but discovered it's filled with gas.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

thark posted:

Cave train?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

KillHour posted:

Cave train?

There is a cave with Quartz etc in the north but the entrances aren’t exactly nearby so you can see a pink squiggly line leading from it around to the west and then south to his base.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

So you all have a favorite base building spot? I started in the plains, but it lacks some late game resources. I was going to try the Eastern swamp, since it has some great pure nodes, but discovered it's filled with gas.

My main base is out in the NW desert, because of its access to a lot of iron and copper veins, but I've been building out satellite bases at the higher-tier resources

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Yeah I have a central facility with easy access to iron, copper, limestone, and coal, which is right now eating a mk3 belt of copper, 3 of iron for iron parts, and most of another mk3 of iron for steel. It is on a platform over the lake immediately northwest of the plains landing area, the one with like 4 Pure coal seams on its northern shore.

I'm looking at doing poo poo like shipping Caterium and Quartz in volume now; for instance it is like 3 or 4 Caterium ore per ingot so I am smelting onsite before shipping that poo poo. Same for Quartz to a lesser extent: collapsing two ore into one useable Quartz means only pretty crystals get shipped.

Now that trains are a thing, and I am a few hours from having the remainder of my automation re-onlined, I might consider shipping copper to the Caterium site and bringing back just finished supercomputer parts, especially if there is copper conveniently close to the Cat works.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

thark posted:

Well, I got nuclear power running, so that's a thing.

My own amusing train anecdote is that the locomotive and the freight cars seem to be living separate lives. A locomotive by its lonesome pulls into the station, invisible ghost wagons get loaded and unloaded with as far as I can tell the proper contents. Meanwhile I see the freight cars going around the track with nothing pulling them.

Also my amazing spaghetti mess is now chugging along at like 10fps. I could swear that it wasn't this slow before (it would stagger a little if I went high to overlook the entire factory but not a constant low). Granting that there's been a lot of production added but also most of that isn't running anyways due to backed up storages.

Gods what a horrible broken mess.

There's some sort of resource leak associated with trains. As long as you have trains running, your game will run slower and slower.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Bobulus posted:

The east jungle area. 6 pure iron nodes (one covered by a rock), a pure copper, pure limestone and two regular limestone. There's also 3? pure + 1 regular coal + a caterium + an iron (rock) within 800m and 4 regular oil plus all the resources needed to assemble computers on site within 800m in a different direction.

Haven't played the game in a month or two but I need to get back into it. This seems like a good time.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Dr. Stab posted:

There's some sort of resource leak associated with trains. As long as you have trains running, your game will run slower and slower.

Welp.

I was considering starting a new save to implement trains earlier (although the TL when you get them is already too late; trucks feel like such a mess); there goes all motivation to play until this is improved.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm excited! I realized I hadn't gotten any of the hard drives from the NW corner of the map, so I decided that the desert starting area would be a good place to set up a scouting base. Rather than try to find a path through all those mountains, I ended up making a train line around the edge of the map, which works well. I simply followed the river to the lake that's right next to several pure nodes of iron and copper. A bonus is that it passes right by those pure oil nodes, so I set up a station for automated-train pickup later.

I'm dead-determined to make this new base actually organized. Let's see how long that lasts...

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Bobulus posted:

I'm dead-determined to make this new base actually organized. Let's see how long that lasts...

Looking at my own main base, I can definitely see how all the early stuff is really well organised and everything added for TL5 forward or so devolves into a massive spaghetti mess. (Which I guess works out to the old Factorio thing of "you need to plan for more space usage than you think. no, more. no, even more.")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, also, I'm getting a weird bug where about half the time I exit a train, none of my shortcut keys work. Like, hitting Q or 1 does nothing. WASD for movement still works fine. I need to test further, but anecdotally, it seems like if the first key after exiting is Q, it locked it up, but if I hit F for deconstruct, that works fine, and Q works after that.

Otherwise, my only option is to save and load to restore my keys.

In other news, this was in today's patch notes, and hopefully solves the slowdown that someone in this thread reported after adding trains:

quote:

Train particle effects that build up over time and result in decreased performance now get removed properly

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 9, 2019