Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That was definitely a ride by Hugh Carthy to go over three HC climbs solo and win the Tour de Suisse KOTM in one stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Stage 8 of the TdF: Teejay is the only one to start after everyone else is banned.

He somehow manages to get dropped from a 1 person peleton and abandons.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Harsh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Van Aert is gonna win the tour

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Thomas and Bernal have been announced as joint leaders for Ineos, guess that means they don’t think Thomas is anywhere close to where he needs to be.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

Van Aert is gonna win the tour

That would be cool.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm sure the ASO are trying to work out how to get Van Der Poel's team invited at the last minute too.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

peanut- posted:

Thomas and Bernal have been announced as joint leaders for Ineos, guess that means they don’t think Thomas is anywhere close to where he needs to be.

I mean his win last year was kind of lame and bernal probably rightfully thinks he's the better option

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

I'm sure the ASO are trying to work out how to get Van Der Poel's team invited at the last minute too.

Not inviting them to PR was the worst ASO move of the year

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I thought the deal was he didn't want to do it, so they didn't waste the invite on correndon?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mad that Bettiol just missed out on both the ITT and road Italian NCs because I wanted to see if EF would make a Italian champions version of their tye dye jerseys

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In Cofidis news, they managed to lose the French NC to some dude from Arkea despite being the only team with more than one rider in the final reduced sprint group.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
Alex Howes :coolfish:

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

I am so happy for him. He rode so hard for that victory. The women's race this morning was pretty great too.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

accipter posted:

I am so happy for him. He rode so hard for that victory. The women's race this morning was pretty great too.

I've been travelling this afternoon so I hopped in and out of the stream and every time I turned back in he was off the front and pulling hard. Dude deserved that win.

Looking forward to the EF/US champ jersey

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you have a way to watch the French national road race you really should. Pinot going for giant solo bridge attempts and Cofidis hilariously eating poo poo, and tons of attacks on the last circuit.

e) Asgreen won the Danish ITT and was second in the road race. I think he might be good.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 1, 2019

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
That Belgian TT podium is scary for everyone in future, Van Aert and Evenepoel are going to be absolute machines

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

No Cavendish or bouhani at le tour.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
And movistar with the triple leaders of Quintana, Landau and Valverde. I'm sure that will go swimmingly

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I wonder why Quintana still, it feels like the ship has sailed on him being a Tour contender.

/edit: thought I guess this is Movistar so the team classification is #1 priority

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I get that people buy the service specifically for the Tour de France so it makes sense for the "season" to start there for pricing purposes, but my god, is NBCSN's "archived content from the last season" policy, meaning that the Ardennes races disappear like a month after they happen, dumb as hell.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HappyCamperGL posted:

No Cavendish or bouhani at le tour.

Just loving retire already.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

BabyFur Denny posted:

And movistar with the triple leaders of Quintana, Landau and Valverde. I'm sure that will go swimmingly

They'll all make it into the last week's mountain stages whereby they will just passively follow the rest of the GC group. Whenever someone from the GC group attacks, Quintana will attempt to cover for about 4 seconds before looking back to Valverde's bald head with puppy dog eyes. Meanwhile Landa's eyes will be rolled up into his eye sockets as he nose-breathes his way to 3rd in GC.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 2, 2019

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

simmyb posted:

E: porte is gonna win :australia:
May as well get my same completely wrong prediction in for the 3rd year running

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

simmyb posted:

May as well get my same completely wrong prediction in for the 3rd year running

I'd be relieved if he actually got to Paris this year. (Comedic ending: crashes out in yellow on the Champs Elysees gutter and DNFs)

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Jack Bobridge has been sentenced to 4 1/2 years prisons (2 1/2 non-parole) for ecstasy drug dealing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Largepotato posted:

Jack Bobridge has been sentenced to 4 1/2 years prisons (2 1/2 non-parole) for ecstasy drug dealing.

Jesus that's a loving stint for presumably a guy with a great work history and no prior convictions :staredog:

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Giro Rosa stage 1 show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXk4OqA-uvo&feature=youtu.be

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh my

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
fierce

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Valves aren't lined up

5/7 would not bang

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Am I wrong thinking the madone looks amazing from the side but kind of weird from most other angles?

(I'd still bang one of course)

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
I’m glad my 130mm Madone “low stem” is horizontal vs the shorter ones that are a bit...flaccid. I noticed Toms Skujins’s bike has Red cranks with a Force spider and what looks like 50/37 or larger chainrings. Force AXS chainrings only come in 46/33 and 48/35.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I just looked at the profile of the grand depart and they do the Muur at km 43.5 of a 195 km stage :chloe: Ban this sick filth

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I am hype, I love the Tour.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's time for another bad grand tour

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I just like watching 3 weeks of French countryside roll by

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
All this Belgian crowd shots is just getting me hyped for omloop 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah I was gonna say, Merckx chatting to GVA and de Gendt just makes me wish the whole thing was in Blegum