Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pawg From Produce
Feb 11, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Where the HELL is my Family Circus family restaurant?
Don't order the chili, it comes out all cold.

Pawg From Produce fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Toronto goons officially the worst goons for not going all in on this ridiculous poo poo

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Time was something like this would get posted and there would be a goon meet shortly thereafter, and tryhard posters waxing homeric about the potential for economic rejuvenation of the citys urban core through terrible orange lasagna

Weve all been there. With an orange suit, cowboy cut lasagna and a goddamn American Dream :patriot:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Toronto goons officially the worst goons for not going all in on this ridiculous poo poo

no we're both smart and handsome

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Why was this such a big dream of that guy's? Garfield is not an inspirational or deep comic by any means. In any case it seems to be based mostly on the 2004 CGI crapfest starring Bill Murray. The funniest thing about that movie is the rumor that Bill Murray only signed on because he thought it was written by the Coen brothers but in actuality it was just some dude named Joel Cohen who writes all kinds of lovely movies. And of course, when you think of Garfield, of course the first thing that comes to mind is his incredibly well-known catchphrase, "love me, feed me, don't leave me". What the gently caress?

Why don't they just focus on making a really good lasagna? Why are the recipes crap if they took so long to develop? What's with these weird, bad ideas on how to reuse the grease-infused single use disposable packaging?

What was the thought process behind this? I just really want to understand.

Cowboy cut lasagna? What the gently caress? I feel like a person who doesn't understand sarcasm trying to really get the "deep meaning" behind some throwaway monkeycheese meta-joke. Even for a money laundering operation this would be poo poo.

The guy doing it is a gay Saudi Arabian failson whose oil baron dad gave him a bunch of money to keep him busy and out of the way

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Amicus curiae posted:

Why aren't Toronto goons ordering and posting their pizza's?? GBS is a disaster

im not eating that thing for youse animals

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Somebody ring up ol Doobie and let him know there's a big franchising opportunity available

The bad frogger predates the Pepe thing right? Doobie probably could have done really well if he catered to chuds/alt-right shitheads.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FuhrerHat posted:

im not eating that thing for youse animals

You don't have to eat it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

You don't have to eat it

but thats my problem captain, i will end up eating it

if i find one in the trash ill take a picture

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Toronto goons: afraid to buy pizza because of poor self control; will dig in dumpster for others amusement

Always helpful to develop new stereotypes

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

youre welcome world

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

You know this probably wouldnt be so bad if he didnt try to compete with something like Uber eats. Like, if he invested all this effort and resources into the actual food it would basically just be a theme cafe. Then just sell overpriced unique lasagna , deserts shaped like Garfield characters, and concert priced merchandise.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
yu-yuuum
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByV1iV8hAmw/?utm_source=ig_embed

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
All those articles about developing the app and why it had to be an app and they're already using uber eats. Smh

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Hmm, Heathcliff food.

Heathcliff... Food

Heathcliffood

*bags of money materialize in Dr. Quarex's hands*

My billion-dollar idea at last

Now I am off to reinvest it all in cannot-fail Marmadukeleles

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I know right, just think of all the classic epic goon ownage we're missing out on:

-wading through the patina of journalists, bloggers, YouTubers, and podcasters that has surrounded the restaurant exhaustively documenting it for the past month to take a picture of the building indistinguishable from anyone else's

-recording placing a $60 order under the name Stairs N. House or Push R. Bot while fighting back chortles the whole time

-doing a five page write-up about how eating fast food is a tortuous near-death experience and tastes like a diarrhea dump from a caribou's rear end in a top hat

-making it 2005 again through science or magic so flash mobs, fauxtests, and goon meets are once again valid ways of annoying people who are just trying to work their lovely customer service job

Get it together Toronto!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

garfaccino

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Didn't even try the free plates. Low quality review

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

How do you gently caress up Pizza so bad?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ziv Zulander posted:

The guy doing it is a gay Saudi Arabian failson whose oil baron dad gave him a bunch of money to keep him busy and out of the way

I think this gets me more than just the idea of the restaurant the 'meta' (sorry, hate that word, but I guess it works) idea of this guy, overall.

Born into a position where, feasibly, anything is attainable in life and you can have or do or be given the means to accomplish pretty much anything you desire.
And you're such an annoying idiot that you're still given literally anything just to "please, just..please gently caress off forever, ok?"

Which he promptly does and uses his limitless 'please go away' fund to craft a project for himself that, when even looked at and considered by anyone who has NO IDEA of this...is still so annoying and lame that people want nothing to do with it.

The shear scale of personal ineptitude and dislike surrounding the man has to be palpable from rooms away even if you can't directly see him or are aware of his presence.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It's nice to know that even in cultures where being gay can get you executed there are still that special strain of priveleged rich gay dude who just obliviously fritters away at their dumb vanity projects while ignoring all the peers being ground into paste by the system they sit high atop.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
If he wasnt rich hed be heading for trouble!!! :newlol:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Saudi Arabia will literally chop off your head. Lol!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

yea pretty crazy, thanks.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Just checking, does his book actually state he's gay, or is everyone assuming because it makes mention of his "sexuality" which could mean almost anything in Saudi Arabia? Not that it changes anything tho.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

He goes ham on the d like Garfield hitting a pan of lasagna.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Garfield MEETS app

app for garf loving singles looking to bone and collect paw points redeemable in built in garfield mini games

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Ziv Zulander posted:

I was aware of this, but I feel I am no closer to any of the answers.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

numberoneposter posted:

Garfield MEETS app

app for garf loving singles looking to bone and collect paw points redeemable in built in garfield mini games

Garfield Meats

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GrfieldMeets really helps ME play the 'FIELD

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I didn't see this posted yet, but Toronto youtube man Thought Slime did a video on the whole Garfield Eats... situation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc2HrvmBOH4

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

I didn't see this posted yet, but Toronto youtube man Thought Slime did a video on the whole Garfield Eats... situation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc2HrvmBOH4

You couldn't pay me to click that.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Pewdiepie posted:

You couldn't pay me to click that.

Well obviously

For the rest of us, Thought Slime is good people, and usually pretty solid commentary on issues. This one's a bit weaker than his usual output.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Somfin posted:

Well obviously

For the rest of us, Thought Slime is good people, and usually pretty solid commentary on issues. This one's a bit weaker than his usual output.

Yeah he's just absolutely flabbergasted by it and doesn't have much to say.

I'm learned more just from this thread. The creator of this whole operation is even more crazy and sad than I thought.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

The thought slime guy seems to have slanted ..teeth? and while I find the overall video good I'm a superficial man who deserves death

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah he's just absolutely flabbergasted by it and doesn't have much to say.

I'm learned more just from this thread. The creator of this whole operation is even more crazy and sad than I thought.

That video was made in March*, unless he built a time machine I don't think it's fair to criticize him for not having almost four months of updates and new information in that video.

*The same day as the OP made this thread, so there's a pretty good chance that it's exactly what led to this thread being created in the first place.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Mordja posted:

Just checking, does his book actually state he's gay, or is everyone assuming because it makes mention of his "sexuality" which could mean almost anything in Saudi Arabia? Not that it changes anything tho.

I mean, look at old video clips of him when he was trying to make it in hollywood

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Why was this such a big dream of that guy's? Garfield is not an inspirational or deep comic by any means. In any case it seems to be based mostly on the 2004 CGI crapfest starring Bill Murray. The funniest thing about that movie is the rumor that Bill Murray only signed on because he thought it was written by the Coen brothers but in actuality it was just some dude named Joel Cohen who writes all kinds of lovely movies. And of course, when you think of Garfield, of course the first thing that comes to mind is his incredibly well-known catchphrase, "love me, feed me, don't leave me". What the gently caress?

Why don't they just focus on making a really good lasagna? Why are the recipes crap if they took so long to develop? What's with these weird, bad ideas on how to reuse the grease-infused single use disposable packaging?

What was the thought process behind this? I just really want to understand.

Cowboy cut lasagna? What the gently caress? I feel like a person who doesn't understand sarcasm trying to really get the "deep meaning" behind some throwaway monkeycheese meta-joke. Even for a money laundering operation this would be poo poo.

It's aimed at investors from Dubai

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

It's aimed at investors from Dubai
it sounds like an elaborate citizenship fast track kind of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Garfield Eats Crap