Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Biden regularly wears yarmulkes and proudly supports Israel. But somehow Bernie is the Jewish candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Biden even urged his son Hunter to honor the ancient Jewish tradition of Yibbum

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Majorian posted:

Well, but here's the thing: she didn't have to comment on busing at all after the debate. Vocally pulling a 180 on it is a very, very weird thing to do when it's not something you're running on. Sort of an...error that's...unforced, if you will.

It's either 1) split second decision and she didn't know what to do so just said w/e

or

2) She consciously does not want the media to cover her as wanting to bring back bussing

:shrug: your guess is good as mine

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Calibanibal posted:

That is still exceptionally creepy.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Calibanibal posted:

Beautiful.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Binders full of yarmulkes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

every time I think you're a one note poster you come back with gold.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Typo posted:

It's either 1) split second decision and she didn't know what to do so just said w/e

or

2) She consciously does not want the media to cover her as wanting to bring back bussing

:shrug: your guess is good as mine

I mean either way it's political malpractice on the part of her team.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The New York establishment Dems are straight up stealing the DA election. I am not looking forward to what kinda poo poo they're gonna pull next year during the presidential primary

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1146818765478227968

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gripweed posted:

The New York establishment Dems are straight up stealing the DA election. I am not looking forward to what kinda poo poo they're gonna pull next year during the presidential primary

I'm glad that the left has its eyes open in advance, at least.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Is this not like, profoundly blasphemous? Like if someone handed me a Bernie 2020 crucifix I’d be insulted and I haven’t been to church in a decade.

No. I went to a bar mitzvah and the dad of the mitzvah kid was wearing a Cubs one. I mean granted you probably won't see like Hasidic Jews sporting something like that but yeah, novelty yarmulkes are a thing.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Gripweed posted:

losing to trump and then blaming the left, we've already seen how it goes

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Oracle posted:

No. I went to a bar mitzvah and the dad of the mitzvah kid was wearing a Cubs one. I mean granted you probably won't see like Hasidic Jews sporting something like that but yeah, novelty yarmulkes are a thing.

Oh I see. Never mind then, carry on.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sexpig by night posted:

every time I think you're a one note poster you come back with gold.

He is a one note poster, but the note is gold.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

They even make disposable yarmulkes. I have one from a Jewish cemetery I visited in Prague; if you didn’t have one you’d be given a freebie to wear.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Calibanibal posted:

Lol it's posts like this that keep you off the ignore list

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
https://twitter.com/hshaban/status/1147104835843579910?s=20

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

He's so bad at this :sigh:

Technically there's an underlying point there -- a lot of the Our Revolution and Justice Democrat candidates didn't win -- but that's because a lot of them were running in heavily Republican districts where their loss was probably a foregone conclusion anyway. You can't really conclude anything from that pattern except that a lot of progressive left candidates want to run.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Presidential candidate and Former Two-Term VP correctly identifies that presidential and Congressional elections are different things.

He's really trying to out-galaxybrain Trump with his recent statements

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

That whole piece is full of sparkles:

quote:

The former vice president added that if Medicare for All were to pass, the country would "have 300 million people landing on a health care plan. How long is that going to take? What's it going to do?"

But that was not the extent of Biden's disagreements on policy with the left of the party.

The former vice president also said he doesn't believe "in the way" that other Democratic presidential hopefuls are proposing most liberal policies, including tuition-free college with the cancellation of all student loan debt.

He also took issue with decriminalizing crossing the border without documentation, an idea first floated by former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro as a way to stop separating families at the US-Mexico border.

"No, I don't. No, I don't," Biden said when asked if he agreed with the plan. "I think people should have to get in line, but if people are coming because they're actually seeking asylum, they should have a chance to make their case."

Biden's task is now to convince Americans that his brand of politics has a better chance of defeating President Donald Trump in 2020.

One way that many Democrats believe he could better his chances is by picking a woman as his possible vice president, should he win the nomination.

Biden said he didn't want to be presumptive by saying he will or won't pick a certain person as vice president, but added, "I think it'd be great to have a female vice president and if I don't win, it'd be great to have a female president."

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Holy gently caress he looks like skinny Florida rear end in a top hat granddad in that interview.

Ahhhh. It's so good. "Access to education".

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Goddamn you all need to watch the whole 11 minute piece. This man needs to be stopped.

Edit; and Chris Cuomo is such a prick.

Edit2: He thinks Mexico should allow the FBI and US law enforcement to 'clean up' because their own cops are corrupt. Good gently caress.

Edit3: Jesus loving Christ the last minute is just Cuomo sucking off Diamond Joe. It's such a layup.

Edit4: Joe still thinking that he will be able to 'persuade' these lunatic republicans.

Junior G-man fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 5, 2019

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Joe Biden.

If this rear end in a top hat wins the primary...I'll vote for him but I will be very unhappy about it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nail Rat posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Joe Biden.

If this rear end in a top hat wins the primary...I'll vote for him but I will be very unhappy about it.

I have wasted a lot of energy arguing with people about voting for the D no matter what in a general but I can't even say today I would be able to stomach voting for Biden.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
For every begrudging voter there's probably at least a dozen who just choose at that point to tune out and stay home.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:laffo: :fork: for real.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Biden is not winning lol

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

quote:

"That's what this election is about. I'm happy to debate that issue and all those issues with my friends because guess what, look who won the races. Look who won last time out," Biden said. "By the way, I think Ocasio-Cortez is a brilliant, bright woman, but she won a primary. In the general election fights, who won? Mainstream Democrats who are very progressive on social issues and very strong on education and healthcare."
The thoughts of a guy who thinks the key to winning 2020 is to run Hillary again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Typo posted:

Biden is not winning lol

yea between his now rather consistent downward slide and the fact he's reduced to flailing like this he's fuckin dead

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea between his now rather consistent downward slide and the fact he's reduced to flailing like this he's fuckin dead

He'll survive to super Tuesday just by inertia but unless something big changes he'll get hilariously crushed then

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Majorian posted:

This is such a weird thing for her to say. Is it just kind of a lawyer mental tic that she's exhibiting when she does this? "Oops, that thing that I said last week that everybody loved? Yeah, the opposite of that."

The trick is that she said the thing everyone loved on a nationally-watched debate, while her flip-flop is happening at minor local appearances in a heavily white state. And that's been the Harris campaign in a nutshell - loudly claim to be progressive in prominent appearances, and then drop her real stance at quiet local events to quietly reassure the centrist donors that the progressivism was all just vote-grabbing lies.

Majorian posted:

Well, but here's the thing: she didn't have to comment on busing at all after the debate. Vocally pulling a 180 on it is a very, very weird thing to do when it's not something you're running on. Sort of an...error that's...unforced, if you will.

It's similar to Hillary's public position and private position. She wants the nation at large to believe that she holds certain positions, but she also wants to send low-key signals to certain groups that she's not really committed to those issues. Just like how Warren officially supports M4A, but her repeated vagueness and wavering on the issue has convinced the health insurance lobby that she could easily be talked out of it if she wins.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

It's similar to Hillary's public position and private position. She wants the nation at large to believe that she holds certain positions, but she also wants to send low-key signals to certain groups that she's not really committed to those issues. Just like how Warren officially supports M4A, but her repeated vagueness and wavering on the issue has convinced the health insurance lobby that she could easily be talked out of it if she wins.

If it were something like M4A (which Harris also backtracked on immediately after the debate, of course), I'd find that a lot more understandable. She's trying to attract voters who don't necessarily want M4A, as well as voters who do, after all, and that's a typical centrist thing to do. But who, exactly, is she trying to attract in signaling that she's not really committed to a federal busing mandate? I realize not all of the country wants that to happen, but how many of them are Democratic primary voters? Are there enough of them to cover for the voters she may lose because she pulled a 180 on this? The logic doesn't add up, as far as I can see, which is what makes it so weird.

Then again, of course, her team is made up of former Clinton advisors, so...I guess it does make sense after all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

fool_of_sound posted:

He'll survive to super Tuesday just by inertia but unless something big changes he'll get hilariously crushed then

yea he's gonna lurch on just because 'Joe Biden, Democrat' is enough to keep a lot of people on his side but he's done picking up new support and, yea I agree Super Tuesday will be when he gets wrecked.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Z. Autobahn posted:

This isn't unique to Bernie, all campaigns do this kind of poll fuckery, but if we're going to do poo poo like dive into the crosstabs of every SC poll that shows Biden up, we ought to at least extend a basic skepticism to polls that are 'good' for Bernie as well.

You only seem to point it out with the Berndawg, though. That's okay because I know you're a big supporter of his.

I don't know how I missed this but, 10%:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1145828182744076288

Judakel fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 5, 2019

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Judakel posted:

You only seem to point it out with the Berndawg, though. That's okay because I know you're a big supporter of his.

She may have plans, but man do they suck. 10 whole percent! Over a decade.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Judakel posted:

loving lmao ahahahahahahahaha

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
problem: the landlord wants 3200 for a cardboard box with access to a porta potty

liz: what if we (eventually) slash 300 bucks from that?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Junior G-man posted:

Edit2: He thinks Mexico should allow the FBI and US law enforcement to 'clean up' because their own cops are corrupt. Good gently caress.

I would be all for Canadian federal agents coming in and fixing the US' corrupt cop problem.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Raskolnikov38 posted:

problem: the landlord wants 3200 for a cardboard box with access to a porta potty

liz: what if we (eventually) slash 300 bucks from that?

Incrementalism is code for "you're getting nothing." Changes for the rich tend to be immediate, grand actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Plan is bad but dealing with minimum lot sizes and mandatory parking is good. I give this a C-.