Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If Abbacchio had lived to see GER, I think he would've had an aneurysm.

sirtommygunn posted:

what the gently caress

Shining! Justice! :unsmigghh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 5, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Here at last.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
As a manga reader, let me inform you all that I also couldn't follow what was going on.

Like, I know what's happening, but it doesn't add up in my head.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

As a manga reader, let me inform you all that I also couldn't follow what was going on.

Like, I know what's happening, but it doesn't add up in my head.

I get it, but as with a lot of stuff, the explanation makes it more complicated than it is, haha.

They used a ton of words to just say that Gold Experience Requiem's power is to "nope" any negative action taken against it.

It's an extension of uncontrolled Chariot's Requiem's ability to just not let you grab the arrow.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, GER is basically that kid on the playground that says Infinity +1 to everything.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
embrace chaos

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Tetracube posted:

Diavolo: Bruno just tripped over a thing
Diavolo: That means he can't see things but he can see souls
Diavolo: I gave you part of my soul so your soul smells like trish's soul

That's very clearly Diavolo lying to Doppio so he doesn't realise they are the same person.

A soul connection is not even pulled out of nowhere in Part 5, Araki made it the foundation of Part 3 (DIO/Jonathan's connection with the Joestars gave Joseph/Holly/Jotaro/Josuke their stands) and in Part 4 where a literal ghost is an important plot character.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Frankly I'm glad Abbacchio didn't live to see this travesty

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

it also seems to be an extension of the initial fight with Buccarati, so that wasn't really a one-off ability. diavolo saw what he would have pre-cog'ed and done if he didn't get influenced by golden experience requiem

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

multijoe posted:

Abbacchio, having a coffe with his old partner in heaven, looking down at what's going on with his friends: "See, this is the kind of bullshit I had to put up with."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

multijoe posted:

Abbacchio is definitely looking down from heaven and getting pissed.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
GER explanation: GER has the power to set actions to 0, essentially making it so they never happened. This is why all the actions made by Diavolo in erased time reversed, GER set those actions to 0 and made it so time was never erased in the first place. The same reason why Epitaph's predictions were off, Diavolo saw reality as it would happen normally but GER made it so that reality will never be reached.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

painted into a coroner posted:

That's very clearly Diavolo lying to Doppio so he doesn't realise they are the same person.

A soul connection is not even pulled out of nowhere in Part 5, Araki made it the foundation of Part 3 (DIO/Jonathan's connection with the Joestars gave Joseph/Holly/Jotaro/Josuke their stands) and in Part 4 where a literal ghost is an important plot character.

What? No, dude, he did put a bit of his soul on Doppio's body. He did the opposite later on so Trish couldn't smell him.

Abbacchio is definitely very pissed about this. Bruno came by to hug him and Narancia, Abba looks over their shoulder and sees Giorno flying and all that poo poo going on and he's just stomping the clouds.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much STOP. USING. IT.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Abbacchio is definitely looking down from heaven and getting his piss
fixd

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darko posted:

I get it, but as with a lot of stuff, the explanation makes it more complicated than it is, haha.

They used a ton of words to just say that Gold Experience Requiem's power is to "nope" any negative action taken against it.

It's an extension of uncontrolled Chariot's Requiem's ability to just not let you grab the arrow.

I would assume it has some weakness like Chariot That we just don't see

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why would you assume that

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I mean, given that there are two episodes left, it almost certainly has a weakness? And I imagine we're going to see it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This ending is disliked for some already apparent reasons, but I like that Bruno the good dad hosed over Diavolo the bad dad one last time and finally gave up his life in the process, even if the method by which he did it was an extension of the light behind their heads nonsense.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Ok so what the gently caress.

While I wasn't bored with Jojo ever, this is the closest it comes to it. Probably my least favorite arc ever since those two knight dudes in Part 1.
The artstyle was cool! And that's it...
What in the gently caress happened ever since they got to Colloseum? There wasn't a fight, it was just some dumbasses chasing a shadowy idiot!
King Crimson's only good thing is that he looks like a loving Looney Tunes character all the time. The meme about "how does it work" isn't entirely correct. It's just a worse The World!

Actually, this whole bullshit made me think back on final battle of Part 3, how much better it was, and how SO MUCH happened in it compared to this. Even in this episode, characters barely moved! Giorno decided to fly a bit and Mista shot some bullets that, thankfully, were reversed before they hit him in the rear end or something.

Has Araki just wrote himself into a corner here? I would assume having asinine stands of both protagonist and the antagonist would do that to you.
It's also a bit frustrating, how it feels so similar to Part 3's finale. Diavolo's monologues are similar to DIO's, two main stands do similar things to each other, and the antagonists' stands are alike.

Except this wasn't a fight. Sure, Kira was a coward too, but at least his arc didn't consist of slowly advancing through some street. Wasn't this the first time Diavolo was punched?

Doesn't help that Giorno is a weak protagonist. Probably worse than Jonathan! Sure, Jonathan was simple and naive, but with Giorno there's nothing. He was introduced as a thief with a golden heart, and then just... Killed and punched some people and sucked Mista off. I don't remember a single character moment with him!

All jokes aside, Bruno was legit the main character of Part 5. He had motives, was a leader, he was quite stoic, yet you could still feel his emotions... And it was quite frightening to see him as a zombie, knowing he could just die any second!
Hope he and Abbacchio can gently caress in peace now or something, this poo poo arc doesn't deserve them. Fugo's decision was a correct one!

Earlier I said that technically I understood what was happening, but now? Nope, I have no clue. GE Requiem seems simple, but I just can't really care about anything involving arrow, souls, that personal light crap.

That said, I love this dumb bullshit show and I still enjoyed this loving bullshit. Can't wait for Part 6.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ah, sound effects in the OP... new OP next time? :ohdear:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so his stand is basically that kid that goes "NUH UH thats not a rule" when you're playing a game and it doesn't go in his favor

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so get hype for that 3 week wait

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kikas posted:

Well uh. With Chariot Requiem getting blown to bits by KC destroying the sun behind his head does this mean that the Requiem powers stop working and people will get swapped back? I mean we do see Diavolos original body fight with Giorno in the OP, sooooooo...

loving called it, I knew this was gonna happen.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Vookatos posted:

Ok so what the gently caress.

While I wasn't bored with Jojo ever, this is the closest it comes to it. Probably my least favorite arc ever since those two knight dudes in Part 1.
The artstyle was cool! And that's it...
What in the gently caress happened ever since they got to Colloseum? There wasn't a fight, it was just some dumbasses chasing a shadowy idiot!
King Crimson's only good thing is that he looks like a loving Looney Tunes character all the time. The meme about "how does it work" isn't entirely correct. It's just a worse The World!

Actually, this whole bullshit made me think back on final battle of Part 3, how much better it was, and how SO MUCH happened in it compared to this. Even in this episode, characters barely moved! Giorno decided to fly a bit and Mista shot some bullets that, thankfully, were reversed before they hit him in the rear end or something.

Has Araki just wrote himself into a corner here? I would assume having asinine stands of both protagonist and the antagonist would do that to you.
It's also a bit frustrating, how it feels so similar to Part 3's finale. Diavolo's monologues are similar to DIO's, two main stands do similar things to each other, and the antagonists' stands are alike.

Except this wasn't a fight. Sure, Kira was a coward too, but at least his arc didn't consist of slowly advancing through some street. Wasn't this the first time Diavolo was punched?

Doesn't help that Giorno is a weak protagonist. Probably worse than Jonathan! Sure, Jonathan was simple and naive, but with Giorno there's nothing. He was introduced as a thief with a golden heart, and then just... Killed and punched some people and sucked Mista off. I don't remember a single character moment with him!

All jokes aside, Bruno was legit the main character of Part 5. He had motives, was a leader, he was quite stoic, yet you could still feel his emotions... And it was quite frightening to see him as a zombie, knowing he could just die any second!
Hope he and Abbacchio can gently caress in peace now or something, this poo poo arc doesn't deserve them. Fugo's decision was a correct one!

Earlier I said that technically I understood what was happening, but now? Nope, I have no clue. GE Requiem seems simple, but I just can't really care about anything involving arrow, souls, that personal light crap.

That said, I love this dumb bullshit show and I still enjoyed this loving bullshit. Can't wait for Part 6.

I'm glad we are getting some good anime only reactions here. The Reddit thread for this episode is full of people with brain worms talking about how this was the best episode of the series.

Please post your thoughts on the next episode when it comes out.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

CJ posted:

I'm glad we are getting some good anime only reactions here. The Reddit thread for this episode is full of people with brain worms talking about how this was the best episode of the series.

Please post your thoughts on the next episode when it comes out.

Honestly just can't wait for it to end. Just punch diavolo into the sun so abbacchio could piss on him on the way up. How is there an hour left of this (or 40 minutes, if it has commercial breaks?)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think someone said a while back that Diavolo was a moron? This is basically the culmination of that. The guy spent the entire part running and hiding from enemies and bystanders alike, but now suddenly his pride is at stake and he refuses to run when facing the most ridiculous adversary he's ever met. :allears:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

evergreen tweet:
https://twitter.com/weedventoaureo/status/737868911908118530?lang=en

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
e: NO SPOILERS. :colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 6, 2019

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The Bruno stuff was good, everything else just kind of happens I guess

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jojo is normally about the main characters coming up with some clever plan to defeat the stronger-on-paper villain. "Get overwhelming power that the villain wasn't able to get because ????" doesn't fit that at all.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

El Burbo posted:

The Bruno stuff was good, everything else just kind of happens I guess

Gold Experience Requiem: "No it didn't." *punches you*

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I think someone said a while back that Diavolo was a moron? This is basically the culmination of that. The guy spent the entire part running and hiding from enemies and bystanders alike, but now suddenly his pride is at stake and he refuses to run when facing the most ridiculous adversary he's ever met. :allears:
Man in his 40s: This is no good, I need to retreat.
His 15-year-old daughter: Hey Giorno, Diavolo’s gonna run away.
Man in his 40s: No I’m not, you little brat, gently caress you-

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kars: outsmarted by an idiot making his plan up as he goes and launched into deep space
DIO: kicked with his weak leg and exploded
Kira: run over by am ambulance sent to help him and finally dragged off to hell thanks to his first victim
Diavolo: gets called a nerd by his daughter and is like "aight bet" before walking headfirst into the Bullshit Vortex

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

All haters far to the left. Requiem takes me right back to that good "and then Kars turned his hand into a butterfly and then into a squirell. Then it killed a bunch of guys" style of nonsense and I love it. The fun part about Stands has never been the logic. Embrace chaos.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The visuals were neat but GER is super disappointing.

But if there's two more episodes I have to assume something interesting is going to happen and this episode just ends at a bad moment.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd enjoy Giorno's bullshit quite a bit more if he rolled with it and pulled it with some bombast, like Joseph did, but he's just such a wet blanket of a character that I want to see him fail at everything ...

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I enjoyed the visuals of Giorno sending diavolo to the Great Days OP, but these last couple episodes have sure been a clusterfuck.

As an anime-only jojo liker, Part 5 is overall my favorite part, as it is just a better implemented Stardust Crusaders in most ways. But this final fight is (so far) the weakest by far. A lot's happening but its mostly weird nonsense instead of like, across town car chases or pirahna attacks mid-flight or "anything could be a bomb" mind games.

Part of my disappointment is probably from that thing I posted earlier where Doppio should've had Epitaph as his separate stand from Diavolo's King Crimson, which would make Chariot Requiem actually meaningfully change the stakes of the fight beyond "ok now everyone is super confused." IDK, there's some cool powers at play here and they're mostly being wasted.

Also wow the body count has just been climbing this part, huh. I will be surprised if Mista survives these next two episodes, but I hope he does. He's the goodest boy in this whole part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

multijoe posted:

I'd enjoy Giorno's bullshit quite a bit more if he rolled with it and pulled it with some bombast, like Joseph did, but he's just such a wet blanket of a character that I want to see him fail at everything ...
Giorno slipping into full DIO-style megalomania when he's got that fucker good would be pretty fun. I wouldn't want him to be like that all the time, though.