Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The fact that he has a kid is distresssssssing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for the first time his kid kicks his rear end.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

One-Punched Man

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Like, if you're going to keep losing fist fights because you're a weak bitch baby, but can't stop picking fights, at least buy some knuckles, a slapjack or walk around with a roll of pennies, so you aren't just a dumb skinny punching bag.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Motronic posted:

My (25f) friend (26m) made a move on me even though I’m married (50m) Relationships
submitted 3 hours ago by forwardfuturr

*yelling at my controlling husband that he's not even my real dad*

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MF_James posted:

Like, if you're going to keep losing fist fights because you're a weak bitch baby, but can't stop picking fights, at least buy some knuckles, a slapjack or walk around with a roll of pennies, so you aren't just a dumb skinny punching bag.

Literally every post he's made on Reddit in the past 2 months that isn't about losing fights is complaining that he's losing fights and how much pain he's in from being beaten up every other day.

And then every comment is "Stop fighting people" and he's just "I don't know how."

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is because he has a humiliation fetish that you all are participating in by inviting him to make up more details to these fake stories. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lurks here. All you have to do to find the thread is google some of the story titles, I’m sure.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

MasBrillante posted:

That is because he has a humiliation fetish that you all are participating in by inviting him to make up more details to these fake stories. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lurks here. All you have to do to find the thread is google some of the story titles, I’m sure.

I remember when I saw Encino Man and the bully beat up that guy at the skating rink, my takeaway was like, "ah, if you get your rear end kicked, at least girls will feel sorry for you"
Probably the same for him

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinecone Sample posted:

I remember when I saw Encino Man and the bully beat up that guy at the skating rink, my takeaway was like, "ah, if you get your rear end kicked, at least girls will feel sorry for you"
Probably the same for him

I was just thinking about this, the most 90s movie of all time, yesterday.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

LGD posted:

weddings, properly done, are awesome

the secret is that they're not really about the bride and groom, they're about the community around the bride and groom marking a life passage and then all coming together to enjoy a good party with one another

if it's oriented around creating a series of "perfect moments" for a "special day," religious ceremony, etc. it'll be interminable and aggravating, if it's a short ceremony celebrating a couple's love followed by that couple's best attempt to show their guests a good time it'll be a blast

what's not to like about sharing good food, music, dancing, and drinks with the friends and family you love?

(as mentioned above: providing your guests with free booze is a very important component because, once again, you're trying to throw a good party)

I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before. But I once went to a dry wedding at a winery. There are some really sick people in this world.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

christmas boots posted:

I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before. But I once went to a dry wedding at a winery. There are some really sick people in this world.

This wasn't in Ohio, was it? Around 2010?

I also attended a dry wedding at a winery - because my friend's grandfather was the officiant (well, he played a minor role with another pastor doing most of the ceremony) and his religion strictly forbids alcohol. And holding receptions after weddings, so he left shortly after the ceremony ended. But the reception still had to be dry or he wouldn't have attended :psyduck:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Absolutely this.

Btw my personal standard for when my gay friends stay over is they're allowed to have sex in my or any bed, but afterwards they have to sit on the toilet to fart out the cum and flush it down.

The only sex juices I want marinating the mattress are mine and those of people I have/am currently sleeping with. As such, I think there’s really only one course of action for BIL to make this right for the OP.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I don't have a problem with dry weddings, or weddings at wineries, but why in God's name would you combine these two concepts?

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would guess that wineries bank on making their money from alcohol packages and that absent that, some of them are pretty cheap rentals. It is still absolutely a horrible idea.

Did they warn anyone or was it a surprise when you got there?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

MasBrillante posted:

In my case, they announced it two days out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Antivehicular posted:

I don't have a problem with dry weddings
Who broke you?

The only excuse for attending a dry wedding is that you're 12. At least have a cash bar.

chitoryu12 posted:

My coworker [F30's] lied to me [F30's] about being a single mother.
I don't know what anyone else would do, but I'd probably do little things to that person's work station all the time just to gently caress with them (move stapler, throw their paperclips away, nub up their pencils), in addition to just feeding them an alternate reality version of my life.

"Yeah, it's been hard since The Surgery and all, but you know, just gotta take advantage of the time you got, right"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 5, 2019

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geoj posted:

It’s like the perfect setup for a social experiment about how to lose friends fast.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Geoj posted:

This wasn't in Ohio, was it? Around 2010?

I also attended a dry wedding at a winery - because my friend's grandfather was the officiant (well, he played a minor role with another pastor doing most of the ceremony) and his religion strictly forbids alcohol. And holding receptions after weddings, so he left shortly after the ceremony ended. But the reception still had to be dry or he wouldn't have attended :psyduck:

Nah, WA roughly 2015 or so. There wasn’t a crazy grandfather holding things hostage the couple was just very evangelical and chose the winery because of the admittedly gorgeous landscape.

Terrifying to hear that this has happened multiple people.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

MasBrillante posted:

It’s like the perfect setup for a social experiment about how to lose friends fast.

The whole wedding was a poo poo show.

The parents of the bride - not to be upstaged by the groom's grandfather - hijacked the reception for about 20 minutes to proselytize the guests and pass out a DVD to watch later. Apparently it was a condition of their paying for the wedding.

And that was only the second-worst wedding I've attended.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if i photoshopped my bridesmaids tattoos out of my wedding photos?

I’m getting married in 2 months and one of my bridesmaids has an arm full of tattoos. She has previously covered all of them with makeup for work events when it was absolutely essential.

I asked her if she would cover them up for my wedding just to not draw attention to her and for pictures etc. She said she wouldn’t feel comfortable with that as it’s part of her identity and she doesn’t want to just for my ‘aesthetic’ wedding.

I talked to my photographer and she said she could cover them in the photos in the editing process and give me some edited and unedited photos etc. I decided to do it. I mentioned to her that that was what I was going to do (I thought her problem was just not wanting to change herself for my wedding, I thought it would be fine to fix the photos). She was so mad at me and Called me an rear end in a top hat. Am I?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

MasBrillante posted:

I would guess that wineries bank on making their money from alcohol packages and that absent that, some of them are pretty cheap rentals. It is still absolutely a horrible idea.

They didn’t say it wouldn’t be dry.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not helping my son and his wife with my grandson?

Necessary information: When my oldest son was 16 he got his girlfriend pregnant. After a lot of trouble they made all kinds of promisses and decided they would care for the baby, this led to the girl getting kicked out by her parents and she came to live with us. Except that when the baby was born, the girl broke up with my son and went back to her parent's house leaving the baby with us.

That was when my husband and I stepped up to help him raise our granddaughter while our son finished his studies and got a job to provide for her. When she was 1 year old he put her on daycare because my husband and I still worked and there was only so much we could do at that point. Once he finished college he rented a place to live with her, the help we provided after that was when he needed to go somewhere and couldn't take her with him or when one of them got sick.

​Now, the issue at hand is not with him, it's with his younger brother. He's 35 and married, he and his wife had my grandson last year, he's 10 months now. My daughter-in-law wants to go back to working and while she can do her work from home, she prefers to work outside. Since I'm retired, my son asked me to take care of my grandson while they work. I asked him for how long he needed me to do it, to which my son replied that they didn't had a plan for it. I asked if they had considered daycare and he said that neither he or his wife were comfortable with it. I also suggested they asked his wife's parents and he said that they didn't had time for it.

​He thought of asking me because I had helped his brother all those years ago and it would "basically be the same thing". I told him that no, it was not. I was 42 then and I'm 59 now, I didn't had the health issues that I do nowadays like back pain and arthritis. Also, he was a married man with a wife by his side, not a 16 year old with a baby. I would be willing to help them for a short period of time but it seems like they have no plans beyond leaving the baby with me. Now he thinks I'm playing favorites and that I'm pressuring him and his wife to comply with my demands but I think I'm just being reasonable.

​Edit: While it is nice to know that I'm not the rear end in a top hat, my son has found the post and is now very mad at me for "shaming him and his wife on the internet". I disagree as it was not my intent and I never disclosed any information that could be used to identify them both. He's also very mad about being called an rear end in a top hat. While he is my son, I find that he needs a wake up call since my conversation with him in private about the issue only made him behave like a spoiled child and his reaction to me looking for input as an anonymous person was to call and yell at me on the phone. I'll let this post stay up and let this be a lesson to him.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The only time a dry wedding is ok is if you're a recovering alcoholic trying to stay sober

Otherwise, even if you don't like booze, get it for your guests, you assholes

I'd go without food before I'd go without drinking at a wedding

Just replace the cake with a tower of those tiny single shot bottles in the shape of a cake instead

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

christmas boots posted:

You have and I'm still haunted by the very idea.

Geoj posted:

Wow......just wow that's so much worse.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

quote:

I'll let this post stay up and let this be a lesson to him.

Outposted by your drat mom, shameful as gently caress.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Mom ice cold

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Dry weddings are fine.

But if you're going to hold a dry wedding, the polite thing to do is to let everyone know well in advance. Yes, this is a dry wedding and we certainly are not encouraging people to sneak alcohol in from the liquor store 1.3 miles away on Carver Street, and I would never suggest this but I've noticed that the glasses seem to be an ideal size to fit a couple shots of rum into your Coca-Cola.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Not only NTA (because the dumb parents are like "Daycare?! Nooooooo") but also awesome at internets.

Age is a big factor but I think they should have offered to pay of this was their A plan.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if i photoshopped my bridesmaids tattoos out of my wedding photos?
Hm. I'm at a loss here. Maybe depends on the type of tattoos, but the friend going "they're my identity!" Is kind of a warning sign?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my daughter she should change her career plans, since she is incapable of achieving them?

Keeping this short and sweet. My daughter starts college in the fall, and is dead set on being a homicide detective. Thing is, she is on the spectrum, basically what used to be Asperger Syndrome. I believe there is no way she can be a cop. Why?

She cries when people even criticize her slightly, much less if people yell at her.
She panics in an emergency, like water boiling over on the stove caused a major freak out and inability to problem solve.
She would have to pass psych testing.
However, her counselors and such , including family whom I share custody with, think I'm mean for discouraging her, and telling her to maybe look at other jobs that are related to that field. I think I'm being realistic, and saving her from heartbreak and wasted education. AITA?

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are so many other better reasons to discourage someone to not be a cop, lol. How do you still end up the rear end in a top hat in this situation.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The only time a dry wedding is ok is if you're a recovering alcoholic trying to stay sober

Otherwise, even if you don't like booze, get it for your guests, you assholes

I'd go without food before I'd go without drinking at a wedding

Just replace the cake with a tower of those tiny single shot bottles in the shape of a cake instead

Went to a wedding recently in which the bride was a recovering alcoholic and her dude-to-be just couldn't even budge on the the booze thing. Like, she was fresh out of treatment and he was just going to have a boozey wedding, end of story.

Fairybook marriage, that.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

MF_James posted:

No way. At this point, I'm 100% convinced he'd end up getting his rear end kicked by his own weapon.

Probably in some campy, B-movie style where he he tries to draw his slapjack, loses control of it, and it flies up out of his hand and knocks him out, while the other dude just stands there wondering wtf just happened. Then the other guy robs his unconscious body, takes the weapon, and walks away laughing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my daughter she should change her career plans, since she is incapable of achieving them?

Keeping this short and sweet. My daughter starts college in the fall, and is dead set on being a homicide detective. Thing is, she is on the spectrum, basically what used to be Asperger Syndrome. I believe there is no way she can be a cop. Why?

She cries when people even criticize her slightly, much less if people yell at her.
She panics in an emergency, like water boiling over on the stove caused a major freak out and inability to problem solve.
She would have to pass psych testing.
However, her counselors and such , including family whom I share custody with, think I'm mean for discouraging her, and telling her to maybe look at other jobs that are related to that field. I think I'm being realistic, and saving her from heartbreak and wasted education. AITA?

Honestly she sounds perfect for the job.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

simply train her to open fire as a stress response

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Keeping this short and sweet. My daughter starts college in the fall, and is dead set on being a homicide detective. Thing is, she is on the spectrum, basically what used to be Asperger Syndrome. I believe there is no way she can be a cop.

I think I'm being realistic, and saving her from heartbreak and wasted education. AITA?

there's no such thing as "wasted education" you god damned philistine

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Motronic posted:

My (25f) friend (26m) made a move on me even though I’m married (50m) Relationships
submitted 3 hours ago by forwardfuturr

She's a grad student in Engineering; I refuse to believe this is the first time she's had an awkward touchy-feely nice guy friend pull this poo poo.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Otherwise kind Husband takes out video game aggression on me

Can't find anything called Obstinate Defiant Disorder but Google corrects it to Oppositional Defiant Disorder, which is only a thing kids are diagnosed with. Unless it progressed into antisocial personality disorder he should've already grown out of it. Man-child just needs to take some anger management classes or something.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for feeding scandalous lies to my male friend after he asked intrusive questions about my first lesbian relationship?

-I've been dating A for 6 months, we're both girls and both 21. My friend B has shown a lot of interest in out relationship and constantly asks about her and how it's going, I thought he was just being supportive because it's my first ever relationship

​-He started asking increasingly intrusive questions (“how often do you kiss” “how many girls has she been with” “do you think you prefer sex with guys or girls” “doesn’t it feel kinda taboo or does that just make it exciting”, that kinda thing). He also kept trying to get me and A to make out in front of him, at a party which I didn't think anything of at the time

​-I eventually realised what was going on - he was kinda turned on by me being with a girl. Idk if he had a crush on me or if it was just a sort of “omg wow real life lesbians!!” thing but at any rate I felt uncomfortable and infuriated that he would turn my relationship into a fetish, when the whole time I thought he just cared about me. And all those questions were probably fueling his weird sexual fantasy of us.

​-I wanted to be sure before I called him out on it, so I wouldn't look like a self-obsessed psycho. so the next time he brought up sex I played along and fed him a bunch of lies and he took the loving bait

​-I told him we're in a 24/7 sub dom type thing (I knew he was a dom so I thought he'd like to believe that). he asked for details, which I happily gave. I said she sits on my face for an hour every night while watching netflix, she doesn't let me wear clothes when I'm at her apartment, I wear a remote control vibrator when we go out to dinner, she sometimes doesn't let me cum for days!!! the cherry on top: she wants a threesome with a guy because she misses dick SO MUCH and dildos just aren’t the same, and I'm a bit nervous about the idea but would do anything to make her happy (this conversation happened over text obviously, I couldn't have kept a straight face). He obviously volunteered himself, and later said he had always thought it was "so loving hot" that I'm gay.

​-I came clean and he's now loving furious at me. He's upset I lied to him, upset I thought he was a creep (but he literally confirmed my suspicions??) and upset I lead him on (i guess he’s disappointed that I don’t wanna have a kinky threesome with him and my 24/7 slave master girlfriend but jesus christ dude life is not a porno)

​-He also said I encouraged him, even before that last conversation. I definitely didn't, I just didn't shut it down either because i DIDNT KNOW he was fetishising me. asking about your friend’s sex life is okay but only if they’re comfortable with it and it’s definitely not okay if you’re getting off on it without them knowing. I felt so violated. I can't blame him for feeling that way but it's still loving creepy.

​-I only lied to him to make sure I was right (since it's quite a serious accusation lol) and because I thought it would be loving hilarious, which it was (my gf was also fine with it)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for feeding scandalous lies to my male friend after he asked intrusive questions about my first lesbian relationship?

-I've been dating A for 6 months, we're both girls and both 21. My friend B has shown a lot of interest in out relationship and constantly asks about her and how it's going, I thought he was just being supportive because it's my first ever relationship

​-He started asking increasingly intrusive questions (“how often do you kiss” “how many girls has she been with” “do you think you prefer sex with guys or girls” “doesn’t it feel kinda taboo or does that just make it exciting”, that kinda thing). He also kept trying to get me and A to make out in front of him, at a party which I didn't think anything of at the time

​-I eventually realised what was going on - he was kinda turned on by me being with a girl. Idk if he had a crush on me or if it was just a sort of “omg wow real life lesbians!!” thing but at any rate I felt uncomfortable and infuriated that he would turn my relationship into a fetish, when the whole time I thought he just cared about me. And all those questions were probably fueling his weird sexual fantasy of us.

​-I wanted to be sure before I called him out on it, so I wouldn't look like a self-obsessed psycho. so the next time he brought up sex I played along and fed him a bunch of lies and he took the loving bait

​-I told him we're in a 24/7 sub dom type thing (I knew he was a dom so I thought he'd like to believe that). he asked for details, which I happily gave. I said she sits on my face for an hour every night while watching netflix, she doesn't let me wear clothes when I'm at her apartment, I wear a remote control vibrator when we go out to dinner, she sometimes doesn't let me cum for days!!! the cherry on top: she wants a threesome with a guy because she misses dick SO MUCH and dildos just aren’t the same, and I'm a bit nervous about the idea but would do anything to make her happy (this conversation happened over text obviously, I couldn't have kept a straight face). He obviously volunteered himself, and later said he had always thought it was "so loving hot" that I'm gay.

​-I came clean and he's now loving furious at me. He's upset I lied to him, upset I thought he was a creep (but he literally confirmed my suspicions??) and upset I lead him on (i guess he’s disappointed that I don’t wanna have a kinky threesome with him and my 24/7 slave master girlfriend but jesus christ dude life is not a porno)

​-He also said I encouraged him, even before that last conversation. I definitely didn't, I just didn't shut it down either because i DIDNT KNOW he was fetishising me. asking about your friend’s sex life is okay but only if they’re comfortable with it and it’s definitely not okay if you’re getting off on it without them knowing. I felt so violated. I can't blame him for feeling that way but it's still loving creepy.

​-I only lied to him to make sure I was right (since it's quite a serious accusation lol) and because I thought it would be loving hilarious, which it was (my gf was also fine with it)

Hahahaha this girl is my hero

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Gouge out that pregnancy fetish man’s eyes. Also give him tapeworms.

That’s got to be child abuse though, right? Making your small child watch you give birth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

AITA for wanting to play The Witcher 3 rather than go to my older sister's wedding?

Is he at least playing the Hearts of Stone DLC where you crash a wedding? :v:

Dewgy posted:

Hahahaha this girl is my hero

This girl is also my hero my hero. What an rear end that guy is.