Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Is super humman developmentally disabled in any way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TheCool69 posted:

What are you guys thoughts on wrestling figures? Do you collect them or are they #1 bullshit?

I recently stumbled upon Wrestling Daze Channel on Youtube and his thing is reviewing Mattel toys and i cant lie..some off those look really cool. But i am 30 year old dude and dont really know if i want to spend money on toys

What says you wrestling friends.

I’ve got Alexa Bliss and Braun Strowman Funko Pops, and those are good enough for me.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i have an Andy Kaufman action figure. Super Humman is developmentally disabled

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is John Cena a wrestler still or has he completely moved on?

There was talk a while ago about how he was going to win one of the world titles when SDL moves to Fox? Which, I mean, if they do that now, okay then, but at this point it seems like it'd just come out of nowhere

if they were serious about making NXT into the actual third brand and the NXT title actually important, I honestly think Gargano should've retained against Cole, Cena should've challenged Gargano at Toronto, and Gargano should've beaten Cena clean, but that's never going to happen now

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I asked a wrestle chat I'm in whether super humman was developmentally disabled and one person replied that they think Joey Janela is too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hellblazer187 posted:

I asked a wrestle chat I'm in whether super humman was developmentally disabled and one person replied that they think Joey Janela is too.

The progressive new tag team AEW has been waiting for

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

joey janela isn't developmentally disabled he's just from south jersey

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

Just because he's fully developed for South Jersey doesn't mean he meets normal standards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheCool69 posted:

Yeah that was the main thing i was thinking. Since i dont think i would play with them, they would just be for display only, and i really dont have that many friends who like wrestling so i would have to explain why i have a muscle man in his underwear over my TV

Get a figure of YOH and you won't have to explain a goddamn thing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

Get a figure of YOH and you won't have to explain a goddamn thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856Lf9f-B_0

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alaois posted:

gross

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I have a really dumb question: what's the technical name for the videos that play when a wrestler is entering

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Joey janela is like dyslexic or something isn’t he

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

big black turnout posted:

I have a really dumb question: what's the technical name for the videos that play when a wrestler is entering

Depends on who you are and what your looking to define it as. I think, the technical television term would be background or monitor VTR, but AEW's twitter called it an entrance video wall, which also composes all of the pieces of it into one phrase.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I asked my internet buddy who worked for WWE’s video department and he said they’re simply ”entrance videos”.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

big black turnout posted:

Depends
Generic: Entrance Video
WWE: Entrance Video
WWF: Titantron Video
WCW: Turnertron Video

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Thanks y'all. I was calling it an entrance video but then it got me wondering if it had a specific name

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
aew has the Khantron

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
ROH used to have the lol ill pretend you said powerpuff girls tv set

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WHO HAS THE BEST KNEEDROP? POST GOOD KNEE DROPS.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MG0n7Fowjfc

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovWKtKcTdaw

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpk0JAl25Q

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iPJZ4qyUHU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I cant find it but Tigresa onto Mascarita Dorada in Lucha Libre USA

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/CyrusOverHuge/status/898354263763668993

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fuuuucckkk

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This one was cool (It's from their official channel, so no-one freak out about posting from this show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSV5FG5313Y&t=745s

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That would be grounds for arrest on assault charges if done in public. Holy poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

attempted murder

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like... Don knew it was fake, right?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Who are the most trustworthy and untrustworthy sources in wrestling? I love listening to podcasts and shoots on YT for wrestling history but I'm never quite sure who to believe.

I mainly stick with Meltzer and Cornette.

I never listen to Bruce Prichard because he doesn't seem to be capable of admitting the WWE ever did anything wrong.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I never listen to Bruce Prichard because he doesn't seem to be capable of admitting the WWE ever did anything wrong.
he managed to turn that gimmick into a job so kudos i guess! or :rip:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Vince Russo is the most untrustworthy because he, like Hogan, can't tell the difference between what happened/is happening, and the story he's told himself to make himself feel better or look good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Who are the most trustworthy and untrustworthy sources in wrestling? I love listening to podcasts and shoots on YT for wrestling history but I'm never quite sure who to believe.

I mainly stick with Meltzer and Cornette.

Fumi Saito since you already listen to Meltzer and for something different The Voices of Wrestling Flagship.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm kicking myself for never hearing anything by Fumi Saito before Pacific Rim Podcast became a thing, he's a wonderful, wonderful man.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fumi's cats are better than Meltzer's

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The couple of times that Jim Valley has co-hosted WOL with Bryan have been pretty good too, and of course nothing beats Jim taking Dave on a tour of the Giant Baba exhibit in Japan :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm kicking myself for never hearing anything by Fumi Saito before Pacific Rim Podcast became a thing, he's a wonderful, wonderful man.

Dave tended to talk about Wally more than Fumi before Fumi joined the site. So if you didn't read the "Special Thanks" paragraph no one reads you wouldn't really know about his reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

It looks snug but he pretty clearly shifts almost all of his weight to his left leg and rotates towards the mat when he lands? Kind of just looks like a really perfectly delivered knee drop to me