Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Anyone else having a problem with the Rubricator system spawning with no hyperlanes connected to it in 2.3.3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm probably missing something somewhere, but I'm trying to kill off an Industrial age society of snails and so far I've been able to bombard them to 10 pop which is the limit. I've already flagged them as undesirables for eradication. What am I missing to finish them off?

You either need to have your bombardment policy set to Armageddon(which will turn the planet inhospitable) or build troops to invade them, at which point what happens to them is determined by what rights you give them.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ice Fist posted:

I'd have two suggestions: 1. Just keep it bombing the planet. You'll get a notification once its complete.

2. It's a bug that's changed in the last patch or two and you're out of luck.

In all cases, I've bombarded them for 10-15 years (don't have battleships) and nothing happens when they hit 0 pops. The planet just becomes ready for colonization, no event or any notice that they even finished bombarding.

Shugojin posted:

Anyone else having a problem with the Rubricator system spawning with no hyperlanes connected to it in 2.3.3?

Had it spawn a bit funky, but it did have a connection to it, it just ended up being not connected to my empire and I had to conquer my way towards it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:suicide: Looks like they havent changed the "anomalies can spawn on habitable planets" thing yet. I just love when a promising new game gets ruined by starting next to a Badboy civic and having zero colonizable planets because they all have level 7+ anomalies when I have level 2/3 scientists because its only 2210.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Shugojin posted:

I didn't have any issues with this, or any other events that spawn a new system when fooling around with the beta patch yesterday. Granted I did not extensively test it.

The subterranean civilization even not spawning anything was the only glaring bug I ran in to.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

:suicide: Looks like they havent changed the "anomalies can spawn on habitable planets" thing yet. I just love when a promising new game gets ruined by starting next to a Badboy civic and having zero colonizable planets because they all have level 7+ anomalies when I have level 2/3 scientists because its only 2210.

I don't think they ever intended to remove anomalies from habitable planets, they just wanted to remove them from the guaranteed habitable planets you start with. I don't think I've had this issue in quite some time myself - sounds like you had some really bad luck there.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Ice Fist posted:

I'd have two suggestions: 1. Just keep it bombing the planet. You'll get a notification once its complete.

2. It's a bug that's changed in the last patch or two and you're out of luck.

#1 is the way to go. It's not ideal, but when planet damage became Devastation in 2.2 the "tombification" event was set to fire when the planet gets to 0 pops. It's yet another thing on my list of things to improve when I have time :negative:

You can select the planet and do "event action.81" in the console (this is a hidden event so you wil not get a popup) if it hasn't worked for some reason, but I'm not aware of a general bug.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 5, 2019

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

There's no intent that they can't. They are only not meant to spawn on your guaranteed starting planets.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

BrandorKP posted:

Nah, why not drill down.

I had an archaeology site in my current game like this, but not quite. It involved a titanic arthropod.

There was a bronze age civ inside the bowels of this creature. When they figured that out, they decided to fight it with spears.

The creature got indigestion, reversed peristalsis violently, and they all were killed in its stomach acid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I don't think they ever intended to remove anomalies from habitable planets, they just wanted to remove them from the guaranteed habitable planets you start with. I don't think I've had this issue in quite some time myself - sounds like you had some really bad luck there.
Yeah I should have phrased it better, like Darkrenown says (quoted below) its about my guaranteed habitable. Its 100% confirmation bias but I feel like it happens to me every other game I start.

Darkrenown posted:

There's no intent that they can't. They are only not meant to spawn on your guaranteed starting planets.
Yeah I should have been more specific. It is definitely (as in, I'm 99% sure but cant be positive) one of my guaranteed habitables. My species is Tropical Preference. I colonized a Continental planet in the same system once I got there with the colony ship:

edit: The only mod I'm running is Tiny Outliner which is Ironman compatible (it says it is anyway, I didnt check since i dont play Ironman) so I dont think that it would affect the way anomalies can spawn?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
The only other thing I can think of is if you started really close to your neighbour and had the guaranteed habitable planets overlap with each other. I've seen some pretty weird galaxy generation and that does happen from from to time (thanks for the free worlds, chumps!) but that does not appear to be the case here. Not sure if the same "no anomalies" rule applies to all the guaranteed spawns or just the player's.

If it's not happening regularly then it was likely just RNG loving with you. In cases like this I'd probably restart a few times to see if it happens again, or if I could just get a better start.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Darkrenown posted:

Speaking of things spawning where they probably shouldn't, can you add a check that follow-on Zroni precursor sites won't spawn in Leviathan systems? I'm currently stuck halfway through the chain because the Enigmatic Fortress is blocking me. Couldn't even save-scum it into spawning somewhere else.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Darkrenown posted:

#1 is the way to go. It's not ideal, but when planet damage became Devastation in 2.2 the "tombification" event was set to fire when the planet gets to 0 pops. It's yet another thing on my list of things to improve when I have time :negative:

You can select the planet and do "event action.81" in the console (this is a hidden event so you wil not get a popup) if it hasn't worked for some reason, but I'm not aware of a general bug.

Ok cool, thanks for the help. It might not be a bug since I've got a lot of mods, which may cause issues with it firing? :shrug:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

Speaking of things spawning where they probably shouldn't, can you add a check that follow-on Zroni precursor sites won't spawn in Leviathan systems? I'm currently stuck halfway through the chain because the Enigmatic Fortress is blocking me. Couldn't even save-scum it into spawning somewhere else.

Had the same thing happen to me, the Matriarch is guarding the third site Baol site.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
So I'm now on vacation for the next 3 weeks. There's gonna be a few devs still working and I think they will update and make the patch live sometime soonish assuming everything is working. But any bugs I talk about looking into is gonna be post-holidays at best.

Yeah I should have phrased it better, like Darkrenown says (quoted below) its about my guaranteed habitable. Its 100% confirmation bias but I feel like it happens to me every other game I start.

Yeah I should have been more specific. It is definitely (as in, I'm 99% sure but cant be positive) one of my guaranteed habitables. My species is Tropical Preference. I colonized a Continental planet in the same system once I got there with the colony ship:

edit: The only mod I'm running is Tiny Outliner which is Ironman compatible (it says it is anyway, I didnt check since i dont play Ironman) so I dont think that it would affect the way anomalies can spawn?

It shouldn't affect it. But ok, will check it out.

really queer Christmas posted:

Ok cool, thanks for the help. It might not be a bug since I've got a lot of mods, which may cause issues with it firing? :shrug:

Could be, or could be an actual bug. I took a look at the script in question and it seemed ok at a glance. On the other hand it could be an amusing optimisation sideffect where it doesn't run the event for the last pop dying because the planet now has no pops and isn't worth caring about. Such is life.

PittTheElder posted:

Hmm, yeah, makes sense. And yeah, save scumming won't help cause it just finds the closest system that works, not a random system.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Hmm, yeah, makes sense. And yeah, save scumming won't help cause it just finds the closest system that works, not a random system.

Does the Rubricator work in a similar way? Very annoying to see that it insisted on spawning that Relic World (which is so much more valuable than the Rubricator it's not even funny) inside hostile territory.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 5, 2019

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is the firepower rating on your fleets just determined by your weapons tech and how many you can cram on a hull? I feel like I've advanced my weapon tech a lot recently but the fallen empire and the crisis faction I've been fighting still get about 10-15x what I get per ship for a power rating.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

No, it takes into effect all the modifiers and such you have from tech, Fire Rate modifiers, and environmental stuff (like -100 shields in pulsars or whatever).

Then there's the fact that the Battleships and Destroyers that FE/AA's build just have way more hardpoints per hull than the standard variants you get to build.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Does the Rubricator work in a similar way? Very annoying to see that it insisted on spawning that Relic World (which is so much more valuable than the Rubricator it's not even funny) inside hostile territory.

Yes in that it's a check for closest system rather than random, no in that it does actually check for an unowned system with no hostile ships. On the downside, there's no fallback if it doesn't find one.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Dire Lemming posted:

Only if they also got no truce timer. The whole point of open borders after a war is so that you don't end up completely blocked from expanding for years after a truce which would be worse for a total war empire than anyone else.

If the result of the war means you're completely blocked from expanding, that means you fuckin lost.

Being unable to colonize through the space of an empire you just lost a war to feels like how war kinda works. In fact, in the scenario I ran across it has the opposite effect of what you describe. I was attacked by a hostile invader because he wanted to expand into my area, and the fact that I won is exactly what lets him do that completely unopposed.

With more hilarity, I got my entire fleet trapped when I stepped in to help fend of the Great Khan. I ignored the battle for a while because it wasn't near my territory, but various enemies of mine opened their borders so I could assist. Eventually they started getting their asses kicked and turned into vassals to KKHHAAAAN, so I had to go whoop some rear end. The second I turned Ghengis' ship into scrap, the borders closed behind me because the assholes decided they didn't need me anymore.

Had to wait until the AI retook the now-empty space to get my free teleport home.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 6, 2019

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Darkrenown posted:

Yes in that it's a check for closest system rather than random, no in that it does actually check for an unowned system with no hostile ships. On the downside, there's no fallback if it doesn't find one.

Make the "Rubricator Coordinates Explored 0/1" tag in the log actually point to the system because I straight don't know where the thing spawned. It's been like a century.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Deuce posted:

Make the "Rubricator Coordinates Explored 0/1" tag in the log actually point to the system because I straight don't know where the thing spawned. It's been like a century.

YES

Darkrenown posted:

Is the rubricator supposed to spawn a new system that doesn’t have a hyper lane so I can’t get it it? Cause it just did that. I suppose that’s an improvement than not being able to find the drat system. :shrug:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
On the Rubricator: I had a weird collection of small bugs around it in a multiplayer game. My friend and I both got the event chain leading to it, and so we each got our own relic world spawn inside our borders. Since I got it first (or got to my planet first?), the archaeology project spawned on my instance and not hers. However, when I finally began digging into it decades later, the archaeology text referred to her planet by name. Shard correctly spawned in my system.

It didn't cause actual problems, but just looked like kind of a mess.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Doctor Zero posted:

YES

Is the rubricator supposed to spawn a new system that doesn’t have a hyper lane so I can’t get it it? Cause it just did that. I suppose that’s an improvement than not being able to find the drat system. :shrug:

Get Jump drives, scrub.

No, it should spawn with hyperlanes, but it seems that the new improved system spawning code that let me make precursors spawn better has problems of it's own. Still, that's what the beta patch is for finding. Question for the thread: Does the Rubricator system always spawn disconnected now or is it just a chance that it happens? It's it's not every time then reloading before the event fires until it spawns corrected is a workaround (regarding how this ties to my previous post, it's the system which the Rubricator system spawns from which is not randomised, but the actual Rubricator system spawns a random distance around that).

Vavrek posted:

On the Rubricator: I had a weird collection of small bugs around it in a multiplayer game. My friend and I both got the event chain leading to it, and so we each got our own relic world spawn inside our borders. Since I got it first (or got to my planet first?), the archaeology project spawned on my instance and not hers. However, when I finally began digging into it decades later, the archaeology text referred to her planet by name. Shard correctly spawned in my system.

It didn't cause actual problems, but just looked like kind of a mess.

Yeah, I gave the person who made that a bug on this but I don't think they fixed it before leaving :(

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Vavrek posted:

My friend and I both got the event chain leading to it, and so we each got our own relic world spawn inside our borders. .

Yeah this always happens from what I can tell. Paradox please don't fix, this is actually kind of great for balance.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Darkrenown posted:

Get Jump drives, scrub.

No, it should spawn with hyperlanes, but it seems that the new improved system spawning code that let me make precursors spawn better has problems of it's own. Still, that's what the beta patch is for finding. Question for the thread: Does the Rubricator system always spawn disconnected now or is it just a chance that it happens? It's it's not every time then reloading before the event fires until it spawns corrected is a workaround (regarding how this ties to my previous post, it's the system which the Rubricator system spawns from which is not randomised, but the actual Rubricator system spawns a random distance around that).

Yeah, I gave the person who made that a bug on this but I don't think they fixed it before leaving :(

can confirm that i was able to reach the rubricator but that it spawned in a really weird way. ie: it was "next" to my empire but I had to make like 20 jumps to actually get there because the only connection was from the outer rim.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

can confirm that i was able to reach the rubricator but that it spawned in a really weird way. ie: it was "next" to my empire but I had to make like 20 jumps to actually get there because the only connection was from the outer rim.
Was this on the beta patch and/or modded? Just curious.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Was this on the beta patch and/or modded? Just curious.

Both

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I killed the first wave of the scourge before the second arrived, so the event was just...over. I got a message for victory over the scourge and shortly afterwards a message announcing the second wave would arrive soon but they never did.

My number one feature request is to be able to ban the governor from making certain buildings or districts. My empire is overpopulated and I don't need any more loving population growth buildings.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gobbeldygook posted:

I killed the first wave of the scourge before the second arrived, so the event was just...over. I got a message for victory over the scourge and shortly afterwards a message announcing the second wave would arrive soon but they never did.

My number one feature request is to be able to ban the governor from making certain buildings or districts. My empire is overpopulated and I don't need any more loving population growth buildings.

If you have a systemic empire overpopulation issue, you should just build some habitats and shove 40 pops into them and make them research poo poo. That or you create a pop toilet of just a shitload of commercial zones and housing. My go-to thing is to just stack research habitats in my home system and change tech worlds into resource producers. Food and consumer goods are easy as hell to produce.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Cynic Jester posted:

You either need to have your bombardment policy set to Armageddon(which will turn the planet inhospitable) or build troops to invade them, at which point what happens to them is determined by what rights you give them.

Thanks. I figured I was missing something somewhere.

I am still reading through the thread, and I'm hitting a bit where people are discussing going Tall or Wide with their empires and specializing colony worlds. What are the current opinions on those?

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

M_Sinistrari posted:

Thanks. I figured I was missing something somewhere.

I am still reading through the thread, and I'm hitting a bit where people are discussing going Tall or Wide with their empires and specializing colony worlds. What are the current opinions on those?

That this is a debate you really shouldn't reopen.

But wide is the optimal play style as the game currently stands, although certain empire types (like Corporations and Inward Perfection) can do Tall pretty well.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Aethernet posted:

That this is a debate you really shouldn't reopen.

But wide is the optimal play style as the game currently stands, although certain empire types (like Corporations and Inward Perfection) can do Tall pretty well.

Sorry if I've opened a can of worms. I just thought to ask opinions on how others were running thier empires so I can keep figuring out what playstyle works best for me.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

M_Sinistrari posted:

Sorry if I've opened a can of worms. I just thought to ask opinions on how others were running thier empires so I can keep figuring out what playstyle works best for me.

Apologies for the rudeness. Tbh, unless you're in the higher difficulties you can get away with any playstyle you want. Never go FanPac though; zero aggressive wars is tedious.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I don't think it's not supposed to spawn close to your empire, the Rubricator is supposed to spawn close to the anomaly that starts the chain, wherever that happens to appear.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

wiegieman posted:

Then you have days the length of the kite's orbital period, which will be some significant percentage of a year in the habitable band.

Not if the dyson fan is slatted

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Darkrenown posted:

Get Jump drives, scrub.

I had it happen with multiple systems in the same game.

This one is the Rubricator system.

These two were the trinary that is devoid of hyperlanes and the system with a wormhole connecting to it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
drat, did that bug where Robots/Droids suddenly gain citizenship and stop counting for the authoritarian faction requirement of a stratified society even if you switch them to residency come back? I was hoping to use EUTAB's suite of authoritarian stuff.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

2350 AD: Each day by takes 2 seconds to run.

Is there a file I can delete to disable trade through gateways and wormholes?

I'm reduced to slaughtering all life not because I'm xenophobic, but because civilizations with trade mechanics keep opening up gateways.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just realized that the new habitability mechanic ruins my "Enslave everyone and dont care about their habitability type" gimmick :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I supported someone's independence from the Khanate and now the Khan's dead I don't seem able to revoke that. Is that a known bug?