Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

jarlywarly posted:

The internet was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHWnmlpmub4

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Helen Highwater posted:

I was visiting my inlaws in Colorado one time

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
That's pretty weird.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

President Trump Boards Air Force One by The White House, on Flickr

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Is this some sort of art I'm just not getting?

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I got a new follower on Flickr this week... He mostly posts typical weird Flickr stuff, candid photos of women's feet and photos of himself wearing women's shoes, but there's some pretty great stuff mixed in his feed:

:nws: :stare: :nws:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/56618835@N08/31136013367/in/dateposted/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/56618835@N08/41207764955/in/dateposted/

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

jarlywarly posted:

The internet was a mistake.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
:yikes:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

eggsovereasy posted:

I got a new follower on Flickr this week... He mostly posts typical weird Flickr stuff, candid photos of women's feet and photos of himself wearing women's shoes, but there's some pretty great stuff mixed in his feed:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/56618835@N08/31136013367/in/dateposted/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/56618835@N08/41207764955/in/dateposted/

about fukkn time this thread got good and weird again

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

]

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Helen Highwater posted:

I was visiting my inlaws in Colorado one time and we went to visit some friends of theirs for dinner one evening. Pretty standard family setting, suburban house, older parents, one daughter about my age at the time (mid 30s), son in late 20s. We get there and the parents and the daughter are getting everything together in the kitchen, the son isn't there yet because he has been travelling and is on his way home still.

A car pulls up outside. It's a converted minivan with a sliding door. "Oh God!" says the father. "He's brought his girlfriend." Guy hops out the front. Normal-seeming, reasonably in-shape dude wearing regular urban fashion stuff. He waves at us in the kitchen and slides open the side of the van where there's a wheelchair ramp. This gets unfolded and a few minutes later he's wheeling a chair up the driveway. Father goes to the door.

"Leave it in the car!"

"But she's cold!"

"I don't care, don't bring it into the house. We have guests tonight."

Argument continues for a while. Father compromises on letting him into the house if the girlfriend stays in another room. Son insists that this is disrespectful to her and digs in. I'm pretty sure that violence is about to happen when the mother steps in and says it will be ok, she can come to the table.

That was the most loving awkward dinner I've ever been at. There was this life-size doll in a wheelchair, complete with makeup, expensive looking clothes and jewellery. Everyone else at the table was either grinding their jaws in impotent rage or studiously pretending that it wasn't there. The son kept trying to involve the doll in conversations by asking it what its opinion was. Then he'd lean over with his ear near its mouth and make some kind of reaction. Everytime he referred ta a woman or actual female humans he'd be careful to qualify them with the term bio-women. It would be like "Oh, i was driving home and there was a bio-woman in the outside lane just texting on her phone, can you believe that!" Or "My friend who is a bio-woman called Judy says that...." He was telling us about how he had togo away for a week recently and he was so glad to be home again because his girlfriend had missed him so much.

gently caress...

gently caress.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

jarlywarly posted:

Humanity was a mistake.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

"Give me all the ISO you have."

President Trump Meets with the Prime Minister of the Netherlands by The White House, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not sure how that's physically possible on any body newer than 5 years. My 80d has to be at iso 12800 to get that kinda noise, and the depth of field says they were pretty wide on the aperture too. Was that room pitch black?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Freezing that action with the 1/4000 shutter speed

coke
Jul 12, 2009
Eh it's only 200mm @ 1/500th of a second with a decently fast lens @ f/3.2 and iso 12800. Probably just the challenging indoor lighting for our commander and chief.

xzzy posted:

Not sure how that's physically possible on any body newer than 5 years. My 80d has to be at iso 12800 to get that kinda noise, and the depth of field says they were pretty wide on the aperture too. Was that room pitch black?
You are lying as bad as the democrats since the 80D has worse noise performance than the a9 @ iso 12800.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
80D noise is really bad over 6400 is my opinion

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not saying the 80d has great noise performance. I'm saying you have to push the iso on the 80d quite a lot to get as bad as that photo that was posted.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
IMO it looks like he had a way too dark exposure and has brought out the shadows in post.

The skin tones looks like that at least. I base this on my long experience of being a crap photographer and shooting at the wrong exposure.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Yeah ^^ it looks like a very underexposed shot that was boosted in post.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Thom12255 posted:

Yeah ^^ it looks like a very underexposed shot that was boosted in post.

Seems like it was, at least according to the metadata:

quote:

Exposure +1.50
Contrast +9
Highlights -13
Shadows +10
Whites 0
Blacks -8

Business of Ferrets
Mar 2, 2008

Good to see that everything is back to normal.

ianskate posted:

Seems like it was, at least according to the metadata:

Would have expected more attention paid to the whites, tbqh.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Inside_a_used_microwave_oven_with_grill_%E2%80%93_360%C2%B0_panorama.jpg

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

that's kind of cool actually

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I want to believe he took that shot by putting his camera on the turntable inside the microwave, then turning it on at low power.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Helen Highwater posted:

I want to believe he took that shot by putting his camera on the turntable inside the microwave, then turning it on at low MAXIMUM power.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes one of my photos on Flickr gets a like from one of those idiots who run scripts, usually a 'pro' member.

This time the bot also liked dozens of photos from user "Eduard de Ridder" which are mostly butthole and dick selfies. I think it's funny.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Well excuuuuse me for having eclectic tastes!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

A lovely landscape shot here, a portrait of a realdoll with clarity maxed out there. So much creative energy out there!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scrolling through Explore every so often is a real eye opener.

(flickr's discovery tools need a ground up rewrite because it's worthless)

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

xzzy posted:

Scrolling through Explore every so often is a real eye opener.

(flickr's discovery tools need a ground up rewrite because it's worthless)

Yet somehow they still manage to be better than 500px, which regardless of your settings is 70% tits and rear end.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd pretty much forgotten about 500px, even the non T&A content is derivative crap salvaged only with the help aggressive photoshop.

But flickr is all public transportation snapshots and second life screenshots so it's kind of a pick your poison situation. :iiam:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

xzzy posted:

second life screenshots

Lol. I haven’t seen any of these yet. Jesus.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The T&A on 500px is mostly beautiful and unobtainable models from Russia and Eastern Europe. The stuff on Flickr is bored housewifes from American suburbs, real dolls and world naked bike rides...

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I stopped going on 500px a few years ago when, at the end of the year they announced a huge sweeping plan to improve their platform, and then 3 weeks later got bought out by some Chinese company and canceled all of it overnight.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The removal of their geotag api killed it for me, which happened at the same time as the Chinese buyout. I liked using it to scout areas.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
My flickr explore is mostly nature stuff like I post/tag and follow there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Explore page is personalized? By stuff you've favorited I assume?

I was under the assumption it was a daily generated list of images that got the most group invite spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

xzzy posted:

The Explore page is personalized? By stuff you've favorited I assume?

I was under the assumption it was a daily generated list of images that got the most group invite spam.

I don't know exactly but it does seem to be a lot of stuff that I would like, there's the odd one that doesn't fit but it's mostly birds/animals/macro/landscapes.