Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Using one of those Soleus portable AC/Dehumidifier units in dehumidifier only mode for my basement.

I get that it needs to be vented outside in AC Mode to remove the hot air, but the manual clearly states that the unit must ALSO be vented to the outside in dehumidifier mode.

That doesn’t make sense to me... at all...

No other dehum I’ve ever seen has been vented to the outside. And if you did, Wouldn’t all the warm dry air just be sucked outside and more moist air be pulled in from other parts of the house in a never ending cycle????

Is the supposed need to vent these portable ac units running in dehum mode unique to Soleus portable AC units and not normal window style AC’s?

Does it have a condensation tray or pump? If not, that's why it's being vented: because it's using the heat of the condenser to turn the condensate into steam which is then exhausts. If you are constantly exhausting condensate into the space you're trying to dehumidify all you're doing is heating the space in a very inefficient way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Last night I ran my dishwasher (Whirlpool WDT720PADB0) and noticed a smell that I'd describe as akin to burning plastic or rubber. I stopped it, checked the drain line and found a crazy clog in the drain vent in the sink. I cleared the clog and restarted the dishwasher, but it failed to drain the water at the bottom of the washer.

I checked the internal filter and cleaned it. Checked the draining hoses and they don't appear to have any issues. My working theory is that the clog caused the drain pump to burn out and causing the smell. That said, I only have a vague sense of how a dishwasher works so I'm just looking for a sanity check to see if there's any other parts I should be investigating?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Last night I ran my dishwasher (Whirlpool WDT720PADB0) and noticed a smell that I'd describe as akin to burning plastic or rubber. I stopped it, checked the drain line and found a crazy clog in the drain vent in the sink. I cleared the clog and restarted the dishwasher, but it failed to drain the water at the bottom of the washer.

I checked the internal filter and cleaned it. Checked the draining hoses and they don't appear to have any issues. My working theory is that the clog caused the drain pump to burn out and causing the smell. That said, I only have a vague sense of how a dishwasher works so I'm just looking for a sanity check to see if there's any other parts I should be investigating?

Acrid burning smells can be one of many things which you won't really know until you start peaking around behind the curtain. It could be a motor, capacitor, wire, or any number of pieces. Hopefully there will be a big stain of magic smoke that got let out somewhere which makes troubleshooting a lot easier.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Can a 4" pvc flat sewer cap be glued or welded (or taped??) to sch 40 pvc? I'm building a hydroponics project so the actual liquid flow through the pipe will be very low and non-critical (if it fails I'll have a small mess but it's not going to damage anything). I need the cap flat so I can drill through it for fluid movement/control, and the sch 40 caps that fit over the pipe are all rounded (and 4x the price).

If I just paint the blue poo poo on the end of the cap and press it onto the pipe will that basically work? I get it may not be perfectly flush/melted and would need to caulk against tiny leaks, which I may forget to do.

Alternatively, if that's a bad idea, what should I use to seal a 4" pvc pipe that allows a 1 to 1/2 inch pipe to pass through?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Zachack posted:

Can a 4" pvc flat sewer cap be glued or welded (or taped??) to sch 40 pvc? I'm building a hydroponics project so the actual liquid flow through the pipe will be very low and non-critical (if it fails I'll have a small mess but it's not going to damage anything). I need the cap flat so I can drill through it for fluid movement/control, and the sch 40 caps that fit over the pipe are all rounded (and 4x the price).

If I just paint the blue poo poo on the end of the cap and press it onto the pipe will that basically work? I get it may not be perfectly flush/melted and would need to caulk against tiny leaks, which I may forget to do.

Alternatively, if that's a bad idea, what should I use to seal a 4" pvc pipe that allows a 1 to 1/2 inch pipe to pass through?
Check out fernco donuts. The big box stores carry a few sizes, might have one you're looking for. Otherwise, call up Fernco with your materials and sizes, and they'll tell you what part number to order from a local supply house.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Motronic posted:

Does it have a condensation tray or pump? If not, that's why it's being vented: because it's using the heat of the condenser to turn the condensate into steam which is then exhausts. If you are constantly exhausting condensate into the space you're trying to dehumidify all you're doing is heating the space in a very inefficient way.

It has a drain hose that water drips out of. So that’s why I’m confused.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

It has a drain hose that water drips out of. So that’s why I’m confused.

Is this your unit?

https://www.sylvane.com/media/documents/products/owner-manual-soleus-air-ky80-100-120.PDF

It says it has an emergency condensate tank that under normal conditions shouldn't fill up, and the drain is in case it does (pg 14).

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Nevets posted:

Is this your unit?

https://www.sylvane.com/media/documents/products/owner-manual-soleus-air-ky80-100-120.PDF

It says it has an emergency condensate tank that under normal conditions shouldn't fill up, and the drain is in case it does (pg 14).

Not the exact one but close. Same company. Will find mine when I get home.

When left on and vented in AC or duhum mode my unit will just start draining water if the drain is open.

If my unit is working correctly that basically means one of two things:

#1. Venting is unnecessary in dehum mode and is only required in the manual so the hot [now dry] air in the room doesn’t increase the temperature. My guess is most people buy these portable units as an AC for prime use, not as a dehum.

OR:

#2. In dehum mode the majority of the moisture is being expelled with the hot [now wet] air and must be vented so the moisture does not get recirculated back into the room. However, if the moisture is being vented this would be a design flaw, because then the unit would just continually suck moist air from other parts of the house, outdoors, etc due to a vacuum being created by the venting not replacing the air that the unit takes in. On top of everything, the condensate tank fills up with water anyway regardless of venting.

Each option is stupid. If #1 is true then the company is just lazy and didn’t feel like explaining that the AC the customer bought could actually raise the temp of a room if used unvented in dehum mode.

If #2 is true then we have a bigger problem and my whole unit is essentially useless. It will try and dehumidify the world.

Maybe I should just let it run for a few days and see what happens... logic and reasoning might not work in this case :(

EDIT: Actually if #1 is true that’s almost just as bad. Because then the company would be recommending venting out the warm [dry] air and the same vacuum situation would be created as in #2. The room may get more dry but at a great expense of energy and money. The only reasonable solution would be to NOT use the vent at all and keep all the hot [now dry] air in the room so that the pressure remains the same and no extra wet air is being sucked into the room.

This poo poo is too much. I’m sorry everyone.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 1, 2019

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

This is mine:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/262387/Soleus-Air-Pe2-09r-32.html?page=3#manual

It apparently has “evaporative air technology” which should move all moisture out through the exhaust vent. It says it should only collect water in extremely humid conditions.

HOWEVER... this thing drains water just like any regular old dehumidifier. I don’t know... maybe I should just buy dehumidifier instead of driving myself crazy trying to figure out how this thing works.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I really hate the orangey trim on my house. I’m pretty sure it’s oil based as it didn’t change at all after a power washing. I want to darken it up a lot, probably something like a chestnut or dark gray - can I just apply the new stain right on top of the old stuff?

Ivoryman
Jul 2, 2019

TheManWithNoName posted:

I really hate the orangey trim on my house. I’m pretty sure it’s oil based as it didn’t change at all after a power washing. I want to darken it up a lot, probably something like a chestnut or dark gray - can I just apply the new stain right on top of the old stuff?

Old stain looks rather light, so if your going darker it should not be a problem going right on top. Test your new stain in a spot that isn't seen very easy, incase you don't like the outcome. That wood looks really dry. You might want to look at a stain that protects as well (like deck stain). As another option, you can paint it a solid color as well. That's my 2 cents...

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Ivoryman posted:

Old stain looks rather light, so if your going darker it should not be a problem going right on top. Test your new stain in a spot that isn't seen very easy, incase you don't like the outcome. That wood looks really dry. You might want to look at a stain that protects as well (like deck stain). As another option, you can paint it a solid color as well. That's my 2 cents...

I think we are going to paint most of the trim a solid different color, like a dark gray and restain the points. It’s west facing so you’re right, it’s super dry.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

H110Hawk posted:

Acrid burning smells can be one of many things which you won't really know until you start peaking around behind the curtain. It could be a motor, capacitor, wire, or any number of pieces. Hopefully there will be a big stain of magic smoke that got let out somewhere which makes troubleshooting a lot easier.

Replacing the drain pump did indeed solve the problem. Getting the bastard out of there was no fun, and getting it back to exactly like it started seems impossible, but I think I'm the only one who will notice.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

Edit: I was actually just zoning out staring at my hammock straps and I'm pretty sure if I use them in combination with the ratchet straps it'll be perfect, hmm..

This combo is most excellent, and I can now hammock almost anywhere! 11/10, highly recommend.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

#2. In dehum mode the majority of the moisture is being expelled with the hot [now wet] air and must be vented so the moisture does not get recirculated back into the room. However, if the moisture is being vented this would be a design flaw, because then the unit would just continually suck moist air from other parts of the house, outdoors, etc due to a vacuum being created by the venting not replacing the air that the unit takes in. On top of everything, the condensate tank fills up with water anyway regardless of venting.

This is exactly how portable AC units are designed to work. They will, in fact, create a negative pressure zone pulling warm (or, in your case, humid) air in. Congratulations on figuring out why portable ACs are inefficient and worse than window units.

Rectovagitron
Mar 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Might be a stupid question, but I am flummoxed.

I want to hang shelves. I live in an old apartment building in NYC, but the drywall seems like it was done within the last few decades. I've found some weirdness finding studs in previous apartments: unequal spacing, probably due to the landlord's cousin doing the work or some such nonsense, or a fireplace!! covered in drywall.

This apartment seems to have 3/4" drywall, and possibly metal studs. I haven't been able to find a wood stud anywhere, and where they are supposed to be... it feels like something hard, metal, and moves slightly. I obviously always stop at this point because I do not want to explode a radiator pipe, water pipe, or conduit. What gives?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

KillHour posted:

This is exactly how portable AC units are designed to work. They will, in fact, create a negative pressure zone pulling warm (or, in your case, humid) air in. Congratulations on figuring out why portable ACs are inefficient and worse than window units.

Well I came up with a pretty good solution to this problem.

Found 70 pint GE dehum on Craigslist in excellent shape for $50. Hooked it up and it’s been keeping my basement dryer than the Sahara desert.

Also I sold the portable AC unit for $175 :dukedog:

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 5, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I need to move a bathroom light fixture up the wall about 4 inches. The cabling comes up from the floor, and doesn't have 4 inches of slack.
Is there a way to splice some extra length up without having a visible junction box?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

canyoneer posted:

I need to move a bathroom light fixture up the wall about 4 inches. The cabling comes up from the floor, and doesn't have 4 inches of slack.
Is there a way to splice some extra length up without having a visible junction box?

You need a special splice that is rated being buried in the wall like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/TE-Connectivity-CPGI-1116415-2-Non-Metallic-Splice/dp/B000VHF1B0

Make sure whatever you get is UL listed and complies with code 334.30(B) of the NEC, and even then your local code may be stricter and disallow it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Nevets posted:

You need a special splice that is rated being buried in the wall like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/TE-Connectivity-CPGI-1116415-2-Non-Metallic-Splice/dp/B000VHF1B0

Make sure whatever you get is UL listed and complies with code 334.30(B) of the NEC, and even then your local code may be stricter and disallow it.

Good news, I pulled off the bathroom mirror and found a half drywalled hidden junction box, so I guess I'll use that instead. Thanks, prior owner

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I posted about this before just a quick follow-up;

I made these floating shelves. I put 12 inch lag screws in the studs and cut off the heads, and used an auger bit in the back edge of some stair treads, to cut holes for the screws to slide into. Slapped some cabinet paint on them to try out a color.

No pictures of the holes, but an auger bit and a drill guide block screwed into place was good enough to get straight enough holes in pine treads to place on the screw shafts. I'm sure hardwood treads would've been more difficult.

The picture below has some weird perspective of the depth. The shaft of the screws goes past half of the tread; friction so far is holding it but I was/am maybe going to pin nail some quarter round against the wall and into the shelf to "lock" it down more, but as they are situated it takes some real force to pull them off and they do not sag.

The day after I installed them, we had a little earthquake here in Vegas and so far, so good!

The previous owner just hung the other shelves in the picture with lovely ¢1 drywall "anchors" you get in every bag of cheap hardware, and no where loving NEAR a stud.

So they gotta come down eventually, and they've been self uninstalling, helpful!

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Tl;dr - open 2" pvc pipe in basement just started dripping, have no idea why or what it is for...thoughts?

Come home to find that a 2" PVC pipe in my basement is dripping and I can't figure out what it could be! I noticed it pretty easily on the other side of the wall in the garage (water was dripping down some shelving and out through drywall), so for me not to have noticed earlier, I figure it has only been dripping for maybe a day or so. It has been sunny and humid the past couple of days but not anything too unusual. House is about 6 years old, 2 stories + attic.
So Google has failed me with standard plumbing stuff and I can't figure out what this pipe could be. These pipes run across the front of the house (parallel to the street) and underneath a 1st floor bathroom that has a toilet, washer/dryer and 3/4 shower (The bathroom is to the right, so the open end is "away" from it, the end of the foundation is just to the left of the photo). The 3" pipe is obviously the drain coming from the bathroom, and I don't know what the other 2" capped pipe is. The leak is clearly coming from inside the PVC pipe and when I look in it with a flashlight, it just runs straight until I can't see anymore. The 1st floor bathroom and dryer exhaust out the front of the house, and the entire waste system roof vent is at the back of the house. There is a central A/C unit but that condensation gets pumped into the drain piper further along. The room above the 1st floor bathroom is just a bedroom.

The rate of the leak doesn't seem to change when I flush/run washer/turn on sinks and it has been consistent over the past several hours when the temp + humidity outside has dropped, so I'm losing hope that it is some condensate issue. The water appears to be clean and doesn't smell. The house was clearly built to have 1st floor washer/dryer and the basement is pretty small, so I don't think it would be piping for future fixtures (although who knows).

Does anyone know what these 2" pipes would be and why one would be leaking?

https://imgur.com/a/2F5t44d

I should also say, if you follow the pipes they run into the garage under it's ceiling, and are boxed in with drywall, and none of that is wet.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

That is quite a mystery. I can't think of any reason why you'd want to have an open pipe that ends in a finished cavity. Perhaps it was supposed to be capped like the other one (it's not been popped off to the left somewhere by gravity-fed water pressure by any chance?). That doesn't explain what it's for, though. I guess if you're really invested you could run a camera up (or down) or flush some dye through various places to see if any comes through.

Might also be worth taking off the other cap (with bucket in place) to see if it's full of water, provided you're happy putting it back on again.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Jaded Burnout posted:

That is quite a mystery. I can't think of any reason why you'd want to have an open pipe that ends in a finished cavity. Perhaps it was supposed to be capped like the other one (it's not been popped off to the left somewhere by gravity-fed water pressure by any chance?). That doesn't explain what it's for, though. I guess if you're really invested you could run a camera up (or down) or flush some dye through various places to see if any comes through.

Might also be worth taking off the other cap (with bucket in place) to see if it's full of water, provided you're happy putting it back on again.

I can move the other pipe up and down and doesn't feel like it has any weight to it. There isn't a cap around and doesn't seem like there was any large splash of water that would come after something popped off.

I'll see if I can borrow a scope and try to fish it down...It just boggles me why it would be so consistent when I don't hear my well pump going randomly or any usage making it drip faster or slower, like where is the water coming from :shrug:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Poorly run AC condensation drain? Would make sense if this only became an issue in the summer.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I think I solved it with a help of a neighbor (we are in a development) who suggested it could be a drain from the washer overflow.

My stackable washer in the 1st floor bathroom has an overflow pan that has about a quarter inch of water in it, which went up a bit after running a wash. Also noticed a faster rate of dripping (still not a deluge of water) after the wash. I took the front panel off the washer and not only did I find a bunch of socks, but also a fair amount of water splashed around. I ran a rinse & spin cycle and upon the spin, water went flying from the bottom of the tub. So it looks like my washer has a leak and the water is filling up my drip pan and it either is meant to have a slow drain or there is so much dog hair in it that it only drains at a snails pace...Who knew?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Still a bit odd that it just discharges onto some plywood. Might wanna get that seen to!

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Jaded Burnout posted:

Still a bit odd that it just discharges onto some plywood. Might wanna get that seen to!

Yea that is the top shelf of some shelving the previous owner put in, so I'm not sure if he cut the pvc short or what, but I'll definitely be putting something on the end to make sure it flows to a much better location....

galliumscan
Dec 25, 2006

Dammit, Jim, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! No, wait...

Crazyweasel posted:

Tl;dr - open 2" pvc pipe in basement just started dripping, have no idea why or what it is for...thoughts?

A/C's have a primary drain pipe, which you described. They also have an emergency drain should the 1st become clogged, and those typically drain the overflow pan and terminate in a location where they can (optimally) be easily seen. Ours is sent out the eve, in front of a window. If they're dripping, you need to find somebody ASAP to clear the primary. Because if the secondary drain clogs (bees or algae are the usual culprits), then the pan overflows, and the next exit is our ceiling sheetrock.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

galliumscan posted:

A/C's have a primary drain pipe, which you described. They also have an emergency drain should the 1st become clogged, and those typically drain the overflow pan and terminate in a location where they can (optimally) be easily seen.

This is not necessarily a thing everywhere. It depends on the install and jurisdiction.

In mine all that is required is a float switch in the pan which will just make the unit turn off (obviously a cheaper and worse solution).

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

zhar posted:

there is an upstairs window on my house that needs maintenance (it is rotting). it would be a lot easier if it could be removed due to the height, however the hinges look like this:

is it possible to unscrew this? without wrecking the frame
Remove the pin or grind the hinges open. Don't bother with the screws and existing hardware until it's off.

Wasabi the J posted:

Wait what? Like it's just sitting on top of the ceiling drywall, and they just screwed up into it from the room?

Also can someone link a decent blade to cut the heads off 1/2 inch lag bolts?

I have an oscillations multi tool and a smaller Dremel but there's so many choices for blades. I really only need to cut a handful ~10 of them, max.
Get a 5 pack of metal cutting blades for the oscillating tool from Harbor Freight.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

galliumscan posted:

A/C's have a primary drain pipe, which you described. They also have an emergency drain should the 1st become clogged, and those typically drain the overflow pan and terminate in a location where they can (optimally) be easily seen. Ours is sent out the eve, in front of a window. If they're dripping, you need to find somebody ASAP to clear the primary. Because if the secondary drain clogs (bees or algae are the usual culprits), then the pan overflows, and the next exit is our ceiling sheetrock.

What's great is when the seams on the drip pan develop a leak. Ask me how I know!

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Crazyweasel posted:

I think I solved it with a help of a neighbor (we are in a development) who suggested it could be a drain from the washer overflow.

My stackable washer in the 1st floor bathroom has an overflow pan that has about a quarter inch of water in it, which went up a bit after running a wash. Also noticed a faster rate of dripping (still not a deluge of water) after the wash. I took the front panel off the washer and not only did I find a bunch of socks, but also a fair amount of water splashed around. I ran a rinse & spin cycle and upon the spin, water went flying from the bottom of the tub. So it looks like my washer has a leak and the water is filling up my drip pan and it either is meant to have a slow drain or there is so much dog hair in it that it only drains at a snails pace...Who knew?

I have this exact setup for my washer. It's weird as hell, but it drains into a sink in my basement. I only figured this out when I tried to move the washer and it kept getting caught on the drip mat below it, and I found the pipe.

I'd suggest you add some piping to your overflow pipe and drain it in a sink/drain if you can.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The ceiling fan that I hung about a week ago has the light portion randomly turning on. It happened last night around 1030pm and today around 1pm. I didn’t change the dip switches from the default, so I’m wondering if it’s picking up a neighbors signal. This is a HD fan, but I can’t remember the brand off hand. I assume it’s a fairly common brand. The bulb is a built in LED unit.

In order of likelihood:
1. Interference
2. Some sort of power surge on the line?
3. Ghosts

I’m going to change the dip switches and see if that fixes it, any other ideas if that doesn’t work? Seems weird it would just start now.

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 10, 2019

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The ceiling fan that I hung about a week ago has the light portion randomly turning on. It happened last night around 1030pm and today around 1pm. I didn’t change the dip switches from the default, so I’m wondering if it’s picking up a neighbors signal. This is a HD fan, but I can’t remember the brand off hand. I assume it’s a fairly common brand. The bulb is a built in LED unit.

In order of likelihood:
1. Interference
2. Some sort of power surge on the line?
3. Ghosts

I’m going to change the dip switches and see if that fixes it, any other ideas if that doesn’t work? Seems weird it would just start now.

If you’re on the default address, neighbor makes the most sense to me. That 433mhz stuff goes surprisingly far. I control mine with a $1 Aliexpress gpio transmitter buried in a cabinet in my basement.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I have a pair of circumaural headphones where the foam's outer coating is flaking off and gross. They're still good headphones otherwise and the underlying foam isn't coming apart, just the surface. Can I use a spray like the ones in this video to re-coat the foam or will it just flake off immediately too?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Corla Plankun posted:

I have a pair of circumaural headphones where the foam's outer coating is flaking off and gross. They're still good headphones otherwise and the underlying foam isn't coming apart, just the surface. Can I use a spray like the ones in this video to re-coat the foam or will it just flake off immediately too?

What brand? My old Bose QCs were like that until someone told me that they just pop off and I could order new ones on Amazon.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

Check that the manufacturer doesn't just sell new foam. For example: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/v4r/sajari_search?q=earpads

Recently renewed my HD 580's and I can't believe I waited that long.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Corla Plankun posted:

20 min to watch someone do a 2 part mold and pour the wrong way lol.

Just buy new ones. You will spend far more money and time trying to make some.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...160.9O64BcX8UEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

Just buy new ones. You will spend far more money and time trying to make some.

I can fall into this trap very easily. For me it’s a slippery slope between “Eh, let me just grab my tools and poke around for a little bit” and heading to the hardware store to buy $50 in parts for something I can by new for $60.

Is the $10 in savings worth a frustrated couple of days in the basement playing Frankenstein? ... Occasionally.