Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

A PVP-fit subcap can't handle the 20 man gangs that pour out of wormholes, though. The change pretty much extinguishes the subcap PVE scene, since the minimum bar for defense is "can live long enough to light a cyno against a typical gang." I suppose a mining op with a rorqual to hit PANIC for the entire op will also stand a better chance. Subcap ratters are just screwed.

Yeah but it only takes a couple of hours to replace a sub-cap ratting ship, and 20-man gangs will not be pouring out of wormholes 24/7. Newbies will still be able to rat, they will just have to accept losing a Myrmidon every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

How would you know how any of this works? You apparently did gently caress all.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

How would you know how any of this works? You apparently did gently caress all.

I did ratting and salvaging for a while before I figured out how the market worked. I didn't bother to log into any external chat programs so no one was ever going to save me, yet I never lost a ship to any roaming gangs. I just paid attention to the intel channel and docked up whenever I saw someone red.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Just curious did you ever post in an intel channel?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ynglaur posted:

Just curious did you ever post in an intel channel?

Yes, I reported every non-blue I saw

mikulas
Jul 3, 2019
Has it been said that this is going to be a permanent change to the local chat, or only while the drifter invasions is going on?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mikulas posted:

Has it been said that this is going to be a permanent change to the local chat, or only while the drifter invasions is going on?

My guess is even CCP doesn't know which changes will be permanent. They will decide what to keep after seeing how players react to it.

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?

mikulas posted:

My guess is that it is CCP's lore way of getting rid of it until enough people pitch a bitch to bring it back.

That said, I have been spinning in my losec station for a few days and I am getting a bit restless.

I get that its a Holiday weekend and all, but what is the average turnaround time to update the background check on a returning member who followed the directions
My attention span is starting to fade a bit, and I need to focus my weaponized autism into something other than spamming F5 on GICE and my email.

As an aside, can we still rat in carriers? or has that been nerfed? Should I even take it out of the bubble wrap?

mikulas
Jul 3, 2019
Well, if it is a permanent change, it will put some people's mind at ease about cloaky afkers, now no one will know if they are afk or not, or if they are even in system at all.

Donathros
Sep 25, 2018

Rutibex posted:

My guess is even CCP doesn't know which changes will be permanent. They will decide what to keep after seeing how players react to it.

CCP are getting quite the reaction. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. 50/50 on the blackout remaining? Place your bets :homebrew:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
cloaky camping as a form of gameplay is really dumb tbh

ratting in a t2 myrm takes what, 20 minutes to replace insured? it's a great roi

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What if the goons were the krabs :thunk:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
More like band of goons

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It's all a fun day of krab hunting until the Myrm pops a cyno and a pack of assfrigs comes boiling out of hyperspace.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Gearhead posted:

It's all a fun day of krab hunting until the Myrm pops a cyno and a pack of assfrigs comes boiling out of hyperspace.

c o n t e n t

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Hi Donny

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hi pooptown

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://old.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/c9ob17/sisi_concord_insurance_payout_massive_nerf/

another good change))

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
/r/Eve/TheDonald

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but it only takes a couple of hours to replace a sub-cap ratting ship, and 20-man gangs will not be pouring out of wormholes 24/7. Newbies will still be able to rat, they will just have to accept losing a Myrmidon every once in a while.

I hate agreeing with this guy but he's right.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Oh my god! Delve will have some risk?!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

tyler posted:

Oh my god! Delve will have some risk?!

risk of being bosoned :laugh:

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Pearl Abyss just setting up the cash shop NPC treaty option.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Local Potion: Allows you to view everyone in local for 24 hours! 99 PLEX.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
I for one, welcome the local changes. Hilmar himself said in Sidney that Eve needs a major shake up- People cheered him on hoping it'll lead to actual change, and now we have it. Sure it may not be the silver bullet to "fix the game" but it's a dam good start.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Local Potion: Allows you to view everyone in local for 24 hours! 99 PLEX.

You better have some good poo poo planned for the blackout. I want to see more news articles that encourage them to make it permanent.

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!
What nullsec really needs is a reason to fight over space instead of letting even the biggest alliances cram all of their people into one region and still pull down unlimited ore and rat bounties. Alliances should be incentivized to conquer as much space as they can, even/especially if they can't hold it long-term. All of the changes they've made so far will hurt everyone in nullsec, but it'll hurt the smaller alliances and renters the most. Powerful alliances will simply adjust to the new meta and resume krabbing.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Yeah, I've wondered for awhile if anomalies respawning so frequently is actually a good thing or not.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrickNixon posted:

What nullsec really needs is a reason to fight over space instead of letting even the biggest alliances cram all of their people into one region and still pull down unlimited ore and rat bounties. Alliances should be incentivized to conquer as much space as they can, even/especially if they can't hold it long-term. All of the changes they've made so far will hurt everyone in nullsec, but it'll hurt the smaller alliances and renters the most. Powerful alliances will simply adjust to the new meta and resume krabbing.

I think it might make it possible for smaller alliances to survive and prosper in NPC 0.0 space. No local makes things harder for the hunters too. The only problem is the same issue they have now: bigger groups can bash their structures and there isn't anything they can do about it.

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

Rutibex posted:

I think it might make it possible for smaller alliances to survive and prosper in NPC 0.0 space. No local makes things harder for the hunters too. The only problem is the same issue they have now: bigger groups can bash their structures and there isn't anything they can do about it.

Counterpoint: You are a blithering idiot.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

TrickNixon posted:

Counterpoint: You are a blithering idiot.

Can confirm.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rutibex posted:

You better have some good poo poo planned for the blackout. I want to see more news articles that encourage them to make it permanent.

just gonna hunt people idk, if it's temporary it's gonna suck because people will just not rat for a couple of days

if it's permanent then you'd have people ratting during the blackout

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

This has never been true under any circumstances, and Dominion took this bad idea and made it worse.

I'm not sure you even play EVE or ever have at this point.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Oh he did, in just a ratting way as he made obvious.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

This has never been true under any circumstances, and Dominion took this bad idea and made it worse.

I'm not sure you even play EVE or ever have at this point.

I'm in Sansha space right now and absolutely no one bothers me, I can rat with impunity solo. Its actually safer than Delve because no one expects anyone to be here so no one targets the area with gangs. I can do this because I can operate out of the NPC Sansha stations. The blackout is not going to harm my gameplay even a little, in fact it will make me safer because no one will be able to notice what I'm doing.

But obviously I can't put down any structures. I don't need to though, the Sansha stations have all the services I need.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

1) increase anom payouts

2) make supes and titans suck rear end at ratting

3) remove highsec burners, nerf factional war LP payouts by 15%

4) remove deadspace pockets from incursions so ships are warpable inside

5) add in path of exile style modifiers to anomalies (and missions) that increase reward and difficulty randomly but visibly

6) remove drifters killing citadels

I agree with that this, except 2. Removing local means they are much harder to bot with; in fact, this is a good step just towards solving that problem.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Rutibex posted:

I'm in Sansha space right now and absolutely no one bothers me, I can rat with impunity solo. Its actually safer than Delve because no one expects anyone to be here so no one targets the area with gangs. I can do this because I can operate out of the NPC Sansha stations. The blackout is not going to harm my gameplay even a little, in fact it will make me safer because no one will be able to notice what I'm doing.

It was a very long time ago I did that, but why wouldn't someone be able to probe you down?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Comstar posted:

It was a very long time ago I did that, but why wouldn't someone be able to probe you down?

If someone is probing you can see it on D-scan a long time before they find you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You've never heard of how blackops work have you?