Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Daily reminder to not give the beaver milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Elswyyr posted:

I realize the way to go is to find a static, the issue is that I'm a european on Excalibur. I'm sad to hear the content schedule is still exactly the same, though. I really wanted them to shake things up and not release the exact same stuff every expansion.

I'd rather them stick to what they know and do it well (which they do) then try and shake it up too much and wind up screwing it up. Especially now because holy poo poo this expansion has been amazing so far and I hope it continues to be.

Things are never the "exact" same either as they're always finding weird new mechanics to do or interesting takes on older mechanics. Hell, they're even starting to get creative with boss arena design which is a nice departure from the earlier days when everything was basically a big circle that never changed.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Am I a masochist for trying to solo level a new Astrologian? Dmg seems terrible.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Is there ever any resolution as to why those pixies apparently turned into beavers for no discernible reason?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What is even up with beavers?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just got through all of the Alexander raids for the first time (put it off because the queues were terrible, now they're really quick even as a DPS!) and that was awesome

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when the minibosses and and the Onslaughter combined, complete with a loving super sentai theme song :allears: I can't believe I used to think the FFXIV raid songs with lyrics and stuff were dumb, because everything I've done post-ARR has been incredibly awesome and fun. I've still got forward and back and then forward and back and then... stuck in my brain. I know this is real old news to everyone else but I'm having such a blast seeing all this stuff for the first time :3:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Am I a masochist for trying to solo level a new Astrologian? Dmg seems terrible.
Solo leveling in the expansion of The Most Instant Healer Queues seems absurdly masochistic yes

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Solo leveling in the expansion of The Most Instant Healer Queues seems absurdly masochistic yes

So just constantly queue and not do world quests? My issue is doing quests within the world, takes quite a while to do fates solo etc. Also to add I am a new lvl 30 astro, not 70.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mr.Trifecta posted:

So just constantly queue and not do world quests? My issue is doing quests within the world, takes quite a while to do fates solo etc. Also to add I am a new lvl 30 astro, not 70.

If its your first job to 80 then just do instances, its the fastest way to get to cap even more so if you have rested exp. FATEs, quests, etc just dont compare. And even then doing your daily leveling MSQ roulette will have you over leveled really easily.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

...makes sense

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You want 50/60/70 now.

Really, they should just split 50/60 into its own thing and 70/80 into its own thing.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I have temporarily betrayed the Giraffe Club and switched to being a bunny until patch 5.1. Please forgive my sins.

Pretty much everything in this expansion has been amazing and I'm looking forward to the next series of quests, but I'm worried that 6.0 won't be as good.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Firebert posted:

...makes sense

Did you put in the actual expansion key yet? The pre-release one should be over now; hence register shadowbringers.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Firebert posted:

...makes sense

Yesterday was the end of the early access codes. So yeah, you probably haven’t registered the actual legit copy.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ok finished the msq i can read the thread again and not have to worry about spoiling things with my irritating need to click on black boxes

holy poo poo this expansion is great :allears:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Is there anything of value behind Thornmarch Extreme? Because I just sat through DF purgatory in which we came incredibly close to beating it before running out of time, and am currently sitting through a 30+-minute queue as a tank.

I mean dear god how is “don’t kill any moogles until they’re all almost dead” such a loving difficult concept.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BaronVanAwesome posted:

oops,

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

pumpinglemma posted:

Is there anything of value behind Thornmarch Extreme? Because I just sat through DF purgatory in which we came incredibly close to beating it before running out of time, and am currently sitting through a 30+-minute queue as a tank.

I mean dear god how is “don’t kill any moogles until they’re all almost dead” such a loving difficult concept.

No. Rare drop is a crafted glamour item but that's it.

And don't do Extreme Primals in duty finder. They're only going to pop hours later from mentor roulette masochists, and they're all going to hate you.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Back to the future's popularity made people very dumb about time travel in other media.

Bill & Ted was my time travel movie of choice.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Speaking of DPS, FFLogs are out for the initial set of primals. It should be noted that the top end is likely being inflated by the presence of DNC, especially if that job makes good use of crit/DH. MCH is now a big boy DPS job, while Ninja is surprisingly low (though a lack of personal DPS is likely being at least partly compensated for by Trick Attack's contribution). Healer DPS is looking a lot more reasonable than the 3k gulfs people were reporting, with the average being around a 900 DPS difference between WHM and SCH at the 75th percentile and a 1.5k DPS difference at the 99th. AST could probably use a slight personal DPS bump, but I can't say so with confidence, since I have no idea how much party DPS cards are contributing in their current state if you're handling Divination perfectly.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Vermain posted:

Speaking of DPS, FFLogs are out for the initial set of primals. It should be noted that the top end is likely being inflated by the presence of DNC, especially if that job makes good use of crit/DH. MCH is now a big boy DPS job, while Ninja is surprisingly low (though a lack of personal DPS is likely being at least partly compensated for by Trick Attack's contribution). Healer DPS is looking a lot more reasonable than the 3k gulfs people were reporting, with the average being around a 900 DPS difference between WHM and SCH at the 75th percentile and a 1.5k DPS difference at the 99th. AST could probably use a slight personal DPS bump, but I can't say so with confidence, since I have no idea how much party DPS cards are contributing in their current state if you're handling Divination perfectly.

Do we know where dancer falls in dps it brings to the table from personal + buffs yet?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the only way time travel makes sense is to not think about it, aka the Manly Guys Doing Manly Things solution to time travel

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Is Blue Mage basically a dead class?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It was already dead when it was released.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Hello Sailor posted:

It's more like a minigame than an actual class.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Hello Sailor posted:

Blue Mage is exactly what it was designed to be, side content that lags behind the rest of the game. There's going to be an update for them upping their level cap and adding more BLU crap in ShB.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I finally became Bloodsworn with the Vanu Vanu :toot:

They allowed Viera to wear the head, and the ears just pop out on top:

e: clearly a dancer glamour

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 6, 2019

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

pumpinglemma posted:

Keep in mind that solo ARR EX primals could very easily be soloed by any max level class with sustain back in SB, and will be even easier to do at 80.

Hell, I think you could solo HW EX primals at this point without much issue.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, I'm... not sure I care for Vauthry at all. The whole character is just built on negative stereotypes of people with obesity. I feel viscerally uncomfortable every time he's on screen, in ways that I'm not sure are intentional.

On the other hand, Dulia-Chai is such a complete 180 in overall portrayal in this territory, with Alphinaud even being protrayed as in the right as showing her as beautiful without embellishing her appearance. The fact that both these characters are in the same game stands out a bit...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

Yeah, I'm... not sure I care for Vauthry at all. The whole character is just built on negative stereotypes of people with obesity. I feel viscerally uncomfortable every time he's on screen, in ways that I'm not sure are intentional.

On the other hand, Dulia-Chai is such a complete 180 in overall portrayal in this territory, with Alphinaud even being protrayed as in the right as showing her as beautiful without embellishing her appearance. The fact that both these characters are in the same game stands out a bit...

when mr creosote exploded, did you mourn him?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Hell, I think you could solo HW EX primals at this point without much issue.

Had a discussion with a friend about this a few days ago, we came to the conclusion that most are probably impossible, because they have mechanics that require multiple people.

-Bismarck: impossible because you need two people to fire the cannons
-Ravana: possible, but only as a paladin because you need hallowed ground to survive final liberation (also I know it's possible because I've done it :cool:)
-Thordan: impossible because you need two people to separate the paladin brothers
-Sephirot: you need two people for towers, but you might be able to survive failing them
-Nidhogg: you need two people for tether phase, and I'm almost certain failing that is an instant wipe
-Sophia: you need two people for black/white circles, but again you might be able to survive failing them
-Zurvan: you need a full party to deal with ground circles, and I doubt you can survive them

So pretty much just Ravana.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

Have you finished MSQ yet because, uh, there's a reason for all that. You could say his sin is gluttony :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

The fact that both these characters are in the same game stands out a bit...

One might indeed even wonder if the writers chose this contrast deliberately to emphasize that appearances are deceiving.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

when mr creosote exploded, did you mourn him?

I've only completed part one of that storyline so I'm not sure what you mean.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

I've only completed part one of that storyline so I'm not sure what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRnenQYG7I

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Uh huh.

Yeah, I'd never seen that before. Gonna leave that there, I'm afraid.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I actually think it's kind of nice how Vauthry (level 77/78 msq spoilers)is obviously and absurdly monstrous in appearance to the viewer, but no one in-story ever comments on this or uses his appearance as a point of derision, and are completely shocked when he turns out to be a literal monster. Then at the same time Dulia-Chai is there as a completely charming and beautiful person.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

jokes posted:

There's a Dadbert in Lakeland I think.

Dadbert of Knot.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Nodosaur posted:

Vauthry becomes beautiful later so the real message is that beauty... is on the inside. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Fister Roboto posted:

Had a discussion with a friend about this a few days ago, we came to the conclusion that most are probably impossible, because they have mechanics that require multiple people.

-Bismarck: impossible because you need two people to fire the cannons
-Ravana: possible, but only as a paladin because you need hallowed ground to survive final liberation (also I know it's possible because I've done it :cool:)
-Thordan: impossible because you need two people to separate the paladin brothers
-Sephirot: you need two people for towers, but you might be able to survive failing them
-Nidhogg: you need two people for tether phase, and I'm almost certain failing that is an instant wipe
-Sophia: you need two people for black/white circles, but again you might be able to survive failing them
-Zurvan: you need a full party to deal with ground circles, and I doubt you can survive them

So pretty much just Ravana.

You should be able to do both of Bismark's cannons with one person, but I don't know about the wyrm phase. Sophia only circles enough people to make matching pairs. I haven't tried with 1, but with 3 or if there are deaths, one person gets left out. It was survivable at launch so it shouldn't be much to worry about now.