Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pops Mgee posted:

Disgraced journalist Eddie Brock going and working for the new infowars style Daily Bugle makes too much loving sense.

Throwing Alex Jones a big bone just after he had gotten deplatformed was bad enough, we don't need Disney casting Timothee Chalamet as Prison Paul or some bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mat Cauthon posted:

Holy gently caress. Mcquarrie doing MoS2 and a Cruise GL movie would have me in the theater on opening day for both. Who in their right mind would pass on either of those?

Probably Cruise for starters

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Probably Cruise for starters

"Right mind"

Pops Mgee posted:

Disgraced journalist Eddie Brock going and working for the new infowars style Daily Bugle makes too much loving sense.

It really fits thinking about it: Brock can target Peter as a journalist, and the symbiote might just want to eat a super-powered person, and there's the potential for Spidey to clear his name and disgrace Eddie (so long as they don't mind the backwards step for Eddie given the plot of his film)

It's really not the same unless they contrive for black suit Spider-Man though.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 5, 2019

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Please don't ruin the wonderful Venom franchise by trying to integrate it into the MCU, thanks in advance.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

LesterGroans posted:

Please don't ruin the wonderful Venom franchise by trying to integrate it into the MCU, thanks in advance.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Bogus Adventure posted:

This is a cool video, but I'd feel better about watching it if his handle wasn't "ponysmasher"

I watched this video and was surprised that this is the youtube channel of the director, David F. Sandberg.

And I love that he bags the poo poo out of cinemasins and video essays in it. I mean, I love video essays but some of them are a video in search of a thesis.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

garycoleisgod posted:

I watched this video and was surprised that this is the youtube channel of the director, David F. Sandberg.

And I love that he bags the poo poo out of cinemasins and video essays in it. I mean, I love video essays but some of them are a video in search of a thesis.

Yeah, I had to check the page to find out who exactly "ponysmasher" is. I'm gonna be charitable, and assume he's talking about kegs. That "quick fix" for the crew in the Shazam shot is pretty good, though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, I had to check the page to find out who exactly "ponysmasher" is. I'm gonna be charitable, and assume he's talking about kegs. That "quick fix" for the crew in the Shazam shot is pretty good, though.

Or just smashing My Little Ponies with a sledgehammer

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Probably already been answered but why was Brad even on the trip and did I miss something or was a 21 year old trying to hook up with a 16 year old and everyone around them is like "he sure is a hunk"???

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He's the same age. Just taller.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah the idea was that he was 11 and now 16, not 16 and now 21.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

OK I missed that. Maybe should have made him the example that kid on the news made in the beginning.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was the example.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They said his name and showed his picture.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

BrianWilly posted:

There are two points where someone kinda reinforces the idea that Peter should just slow his roll instead of allowing others to pressure him so much, but they come across as thematic half-measures. The first time is Quentin telling Peter that he should do what he wants instead of what other people are telling him to do...but Quentin ends up being the evil mastermind, of course, and he's only saying that to get Peter to shirk his responsibilities and pass Project Insight EDITH (oh and we'll get to this thing, trust me) to him instead. The fact that Peter does give EDITH to Quentin is presented as a catastrophic, indisputable mistake that nearly gets everyone killed.

The other instance is Happy finally telling Peter, when he's at his lowest point, that not even Tony could live up Iron Man's standards -- it's impossible, it's unachievable -- and that Peter should instead work hard on doing what Peter would do instead. But this moment is undermined immediately by Peter doing...exactly what Tony would do anyway, and Happy seeing and knowing it, and feeling a swell of heartwarming nostalgia about Peter becoming Tony about fifteen seconds after Happy just told him that he shouldn't be Tony.

I just want to say that regarding that second example it is so loving wild to me that they went as far as to have Happy play Back in Black while Peter works.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LesterGroans posted:

if anything tie it into Spider-Verse and give Morales another morally dubious uncle.

I'm reminded of how a lot of comic book characters seem to basically exist as in-universe knockoffs of the original that can be used for crossovers and stuff when the original is unavailable. You want to have a run in with Batman but Batman's currently on the moon? Use Batwoman! Bucky or Falcon for Cap, Beta Ray Bill for Thor, etc.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

if anything tie it into Spider-Verse and give Morales another morally dubious uncle.

tom hardy roger rabbiting it up in spider-verse 2 would be pretty magical

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Would be interesting if Eddie Brock hates Peter Parker but comes to like Miles Morales.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Would be interesting if Eddie Brock hates Peter Parker but comes to like Miles Morales.

MCU was all leading to a woke uprising

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9441452/disney-spider-man-dad-headstone-ollie-jones/

:stare:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Coulda sworn The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man had a much better ending.

"We don't want our characters associated with death. As everybody knows, the story of Spider-Man is quite happy-go-lucky with nobody ever coming to serious harm."

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“The character is innocent” Disney says as that Spider-Man story where Peter admits his rawdogging MJ gave her cancer and killed her because his jizz was radioactive falls out of their back pocket

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The Cameo posted:

“The character is innocent” Disney says as that Spider-Man story where Peter admits his rawdogging MJ gave her cancer and killed her because his jizz was radioactive falls out of their back pocket

edit: Man I love that avatar

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

They should just find someone who will make the headstone. gently caress Disney. What's Disney gonna do? Remove it from the kid's grave? Slap the family with a copyright fine?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

teagone posted:

They should just find someone who will make the headstone. gently caress Disney. What's Disney gonna do? Remove it from the kid's grave? Slap the family with a copyright fine?

Yeah, probably.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd love to see that. Take video of them destroying the grave. Obviously I don't want that kids grave to be destroyed, but if its gonna happen I want video of it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Cameo posted:

wat

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

lovely edgy "What-If" series set on an alternate Earth where Peter parker is an old man, pretty much Marvel trying to do the Spider-Man equivalent of The Dark Knight Returns
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Reign

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

He was the example.

The reporter kids name was Jason Ionello and his kid brother's name was Brad Davis?

edit: I accept I missed something that was totally explained. I was wrangling two small children at the time

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Lobok posted:

"We don't want our characters associated with death. As everybody knows, the story of Spider-Man is quite happy-go-lucky with nobody ever coming to serious harm."

huh, so that's why Gwen Stacy isn't in either of the Holland movies

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aces High posted:

huh, so that's why Gwen Stacy isn't in either of the Holland movies

She's played out because Far From Home already takes place in a post-snap world.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

She's played out because Far From Home already takes place in a post-snap world.

:drat:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok! Got a couple of levels!!!

https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1147592857936515073?s=19
https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1147593839714000896?s=19
https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1147594731745992704?s=19
Mario Ragnarok - DNV 06J 5NG

This was really fun to make. Just a bunch of set pieces from Ragnarok which is my favorite Marvel film

If any of you have Super Mario Maker 2, I made an adaptation of Thor Ragnarok in it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
:chloe:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lobok posted:

God drat. Took this long to get a good Gwen Stacy snap joke.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

If any of you have Super Mario Maker 2, I made an adaptation of Thor Ragnarok in it.

where's the punchline

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Vintersorg posted:

I made a Spider-Man thread but apparently I cannot edit post tags so ummm - MODS? :(

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Reign is good because the MJ reveal comes after Doctor Octopus' undead skeleton buries Parker in MJ's grave, but only so Parker can get his Spider-Suit back, and then Spider-Man punches his way out of the grave singing the Spider-Man theme song. Also he murders Electro and Hydro Man by pushing them into each other.

For real though, comic fans love accusing certain comics of being "grimdark" when they're obviously written tongue-in-cheek. Same thing with All Star Batman and Robin.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

pospysyl posted:

Reign is good because the MJ reveal comes after Doctor Octopus' undead skeleton buries Parker in MJ's grave, but only so Parker can get his Spider-Suit back, and then Spider-Man punches his way out of the grave singing the Spider-Man theme song. Also he murders Electro and Hydro Man by pushing them into each other.

For real though, comic fans love accusing certain comics of being "grimdark" when they're obviously written tongue-in-cheek. Same thing with All Star Batman and Robin.

The scene with Batman luring Green Lantern into an all yellow room complete with lemon ice cream is maybe the funniest thing I've ever read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Certain things in All-Star Batman are funny, but then you've got the stuff like how Black Canary is handled and then it's just :yikes: