Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I will play this level when I can, but the pipe maze that it looks like you're going for in this screenshot is actually from World 7 (I believe).

the pipes and brick combos are used a fair bit to make big wide channels in a few levels in w2, that plus the desert theme is pretty on-brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was wondering why my course got 400 plays in like 5 minutes and

i made it!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm having a rough morning and need to take my mind off things. Someone gimmie a level theme to mess around with to distract myself with.

Also I played some goon levels from the last few pages.
Superball Boss Rush - Semisomnum
I really enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm starting to really get over my personal love for the super ball with how long it takes for the shot to vanish.
Of the four bosses the galoomba one is the only one that bugged me. The canons kept seperating in seemingly random ways catching the ball between them until it just worked eventually. I had fun with it though.

Old School Athletic Part 2 - GI_Clutch
Really good old school level, exactly as advertised. I really don't have a lot more to add here because there wasn't anything really wrong with it. I enjoy.

Soaring on the Clouds - Kirios
It's a okay level but it's over pretty fast and there's not much visual flare to it. Biggest critique is that it's just kind of boring? The only thing that really stood out as hard to me was the Koopa's hopping down hill and not giving me any time to dodge with the scrolling. I died once to it because there just wasn't a winning move I could see.
It plays alright though so that was enough for me to like it.

Sky Tram! - Straight White Shark
Really fun level where I killed myself several times trying to skip ahead all because you said "if you dare."
Oops.
I really like the amount of things to dodge though some of the fire bars were devious. By the time I saw them coming it was already too late to drop to a lower platform and I ate poo poo. This was a good'n!

Deadly Alien Planet? A New Ally! - Dudeness
I'm not sure how I feel about this honestly. It's another course I played where I don't feel strongly one way or another. The ground seemed to be put in at complete random and I spent the first half of the stage just kind of jumping over everything and not in any real danger. Then I bumbled through a spooky house(?) and again it just felt like stuff was placed at random most of the time.
Maybe I'm down on it because the heartbeat sfx being everywhere got on my nerves pretty fast. It's really easy but I'd try to give more thought in how to use yoshi and not just fly over everything.

Basically just a nightmare -Ometeotl
Who hurt you

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

alf_pogs posted:

the pipes and brick combos are used a fair bit to make big wide channels in a few levels in w2, that plus the desert theme is pretty on-brand

Very true. Like I said, I had a sudden moment of :goonsay: and now I feel dirty.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sky Tram! - Straight White Shark
Really fun level where I killed myself several times trying to skip ahead all because you said "if you dare."
Oops.
I really like the amount of things to dodge though some of the fire bars were devious. By the time I saw them coming it was already too late to drop to a lower platform and I ate poo poo. This was a good'n!

I don't know if it's possible to maneuver the fire bars into an undodgeable state, it might look like it but stalling until they move into a favorable position + making a tricky jump should always be possible (the one with the buzzsaw is only just makeable as big Mario, but still doable.)

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Mario the Roguelite: I think this is a super cool concept! I really like the idea of gearing up to fight Bowser in a Mario level. That said, the layout of this felt rather haphazard, and it could do with a lot of improvement. The core idea is super unique though, and I'd love to see a more refined version of this level.

Thanks! That's been the consistent feedback on the level. I'll have to a do a version 2 in the next week or so.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
This is not my level, but someone I know made it and I think it is an incredible level that would fit right in in a real Nintendo Mario game, so I wanted to share it with everyone:

Slow Burn v1.1
42M-DVW-GJF

It's an autoscrolling airship level. I think it is very well paced and has lots of good, well-hidden secrets.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

give me tips for expert endless mode. I'm past 50 with a solid bank of lives in normal but the next step up is just too much for me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

lunar detritus posted:

Consider this in even more of a beta than the randomizer, but it works (for me :v:)!

https://randomactsofmario.com/idea-generator

This is great, and led me to create a level I'm pretty proud of.

Name: Hot Winter Day

What I rolled:

And some spoilers for the course: Yes, it's intentional that you can do the entire course on the ground and with the Koopa Car, even though it's designed to do Koopa Car first half and ground second half. There's a small bonus for doing the Koopa Car all the way, and doing the first part on the ground is recommended for speed running or if you want a challenge.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I got a notification that a WR time was beaten by HawtMilf

HawtMilf left a comment on one of my courses so I think they're a goon.

alf_pogs posted:

give me tips for expert endless mode. I'm past 50 with a solid bank of lives in normal but the next step up is just too much for me

I can play normal indefinitely, but my record is 8 on expert. I just want to reach 10 for that sweet gear.

The thing is that expert levels, even well made ones, often take me five or six lives to get through. So if someone doesn't feed the 1-up pool then you go off the rails real quick. And because this is the range of "Yeah, I can beat it with another try or two," it's really easy to see a bunch of lives go down the drain. I think part of the problem is the exponential difficult range. Let's say that Expert covers everything from 2-10% (I don't remember the exact ranges). Something that chewed up ten lives on average is a couple of tricky jumps, something that chewed up fifty lives on average is a murder machine.

The best thing I can tell you is be ruthless with the skip button. Anything look a bit off or unfair? Skip. No coins or lives visible in the first half? Skip. Does that look a bit tricky? Skip.

What I really hate about endless expert is I run into stages that I would cheerfully play to the end and feed lives into the grinder, but I have to skip them when I have to get through each with an average of four lives lost and three gained.

I would shed no tears if they changed the difficulty rankings dynamically so that super expert had something like the bottom 10% of clear rates, expert had the next 15%, normal had the next 20%, and then easy had everything else.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 7, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I just got this amazing game last night and I’ve played a couple of levels posted here and have enjoyed them all. What an amazing game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Superball Boss Rush - Semisomnum
I really enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm starting to really get over my personal love for the super ball with how long it takes for the shot to vanish.
Of the four bosses the galoomba one is the only one that bugged me. The canons kept seperating in seemingly random ways catching the ball between them until it just worked eventually. I had fun with it though.

The cannons really bugged me, too. I couldn't figure out a way to make them stick together or what exactly was causing to them to separate in the first place. In the end, my best fix was to make it so only one toggle was needed for the solution but I couldn't figure out a good way to communicate that and the natural instinct is probably to try and toggle it back and forth like a breakout paddle. I'm thinking maybe the better solution would have been to make the area smaller and reduce it to just one cannon.

Thanks for the feedback!

Semisomnum fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 7, 2019

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

It's weird how a level will sometimes just blow up. My course The Switching Hour had over 250 plays over the past 10 hours which is nuts. I can't find it in popular or hot courses so if it was there for awhile it's dropped off.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

J-Spot posted:

It's weird how a level will sometimes just blow up. My course The Switching Hour had over 250 plays over the past 10 hours which is nuts. I can't find it in popular or hot courses so if it was there for awhile it's dropped off.

That's similar with my switch jam level. It got maybe 90 plays over 5 days then yesterday suddenly it's up to over 240. Not that I'm complaining though.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

J-Spot posted:

I think it was tweeted by the SA Mario Maker account.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Assuming there's no hidden blocks in this, what am I missing about how spring jumps work to be able to do this level?

Y5D - FWX - TQG

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

guppy posted:

I think it was tweeted by the SA Mario Maker account.
True but that was the previous day.

Circle Nine posted:

Assuming there's no hidden blocks in this, what am I missing about how spring jumps work to be able to do this level?

Y5D - FWX - TQG
It's a dumb loving kaizo trick where you drop the spring during a jump and bounce off it in mid-air. I used to be able to do it in MM1 but I think the timing has changed to make it harder.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
I figured it was something like that, I just couldn't get the timing down. Thanks.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm mixing up stuff just posted with random acts of Mario again.

Mega64 posted:

This is great, and led me to create a level I'm pretty proud of.

Name: Hot Winter Day

What I rolled:

And some spoilers for the course: Yes, it's intentional that you can do the entire course on the ground and with the Koopa Car, even though it's designed to do Koopa Car first half and ground second half. There's a small bonus for doing the Koopa Car all the way, and doing the first part on the ground is recommended for speed running or if you want a challenge.

Cool level. I got my car killed by the flying block at the beginning and then realized I could still go which was nifty. The way the level layout channels everything is great.

Wetlands Wanderer
KHQ-J25-PLF
By: Ignite Memories

I stole the cloud thinking "Oh, another one of those courses that uses Lakitu and accidentally trivializes everything as a result. Then you turned it into an alternate path. Excellent.

Link43130 posted:

Made another level, with decidedly less bullshit in it. I wanted to do something with a snake block that you'd chase throughout the level and would need to finish. Lemme know what you think.

Don't Lose It!: S2N-RGC-GDG

Not bad. I liked that the blue snake was a shield most of the way so you could avoid things or have them blocked.

Switch Koop Bridge
HB4-2W0-VNF
By: Heran Bago

Went about four steps and said, "Screw it. I'll just jump on top of the on/off switches."

SelenicMartian posted:

A short course using the weird night castle theme.

A Fried Fish Dream

N2C-QGQ-NQG

Pretty quick concept here. And with such a slight level there isn't much to say.

Icy Spiny
0WG-76P-VMG
By: OneMoreTime

The spiny pits were cute obstacles. Not a whole lot of challenge here, though.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

DorianGravy posted:

#534 Cap'n Calamari's Sky Brigade (2P3-3LW-CRF), by Fortis
You put squids, one of the most annoying enemies, on an airship level, one of the best types of levels? It's a weird mix, but it was pretty fun to play. The only part I didn't like was the boss. I basically had to jump on him as soon as I entered the room or else he got too high for me. My favorite section was the swinging grabber arms.

Thanks! Yeah, the juxtaposition was appealing to me from a “ha ha this is awful” kind of perspective at first, but I think they really do work together. It’s like two great tastes that taste great together, except one of the tastes is awful by itself. I feel you on the boss; outside of immediately stomping him as soon as you enter the arena or using the fire flower, you can bait him down to the bottom of the arena and use the springs to jump on him. It’s really tough to design actual bosses that aren’t Bowser, Bowser Jr., or Boom Boom. I’ll have to think of a better way of doing a boss fight for the sequel.

Internet Kraken posted:

Cap'n Calamari's Sky Brigade: Pretty decent level, but the fireflower totally trivializes it, especially the boss fight. Also if you're gonna design a level around blooper you should build with more verticality in mind to accommodate for their AI movement. Subplatforms or blocks would allow the player more angles to jump on em. I'm nitpicking though; the stage was fun and functional, which is what matters most.

Internet Kraken posted:

Tricky Tiered Tower: This level felt all over the place, which I guess is the point, but it didn't really feel executed well. Just kind of a mediocre spattering of mechanics, with not enough time given to any of em to really create an interesting experience. Also ending this mishmash of enemies and traps on a completely standard Boom Boom fight is anticlimactic, to say the least.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep verticality in mind for the Cap’n Calamari sequel course, whenever I get around to it. Tricky Tiered Tower was my first stage after really getting back into the swing of things, so I don’t disagree. I iterated on the concept of a tower with a lot of variation in my next course, Choosy Tower, but I agree with you that it’s a bit much to have so many concepts at once. I kept it less insane in Choosy Tower by making each section a choice between two options, so you don’t end up interacting with every possible thing, but moving forward I’m just going to keep things to a more focused set of mechanics/enemies/etc for each course I design.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Working weekends is good for Mario Makin'. I wanted to play with the superball powerup a bit more, so I present to you:

Radical Rail Shooter
N2H-61N-X6G

It's primarily built around playing with trick shots from the superball powerup. There's not much in the way of platforming, and I don't expect it'll be particularly difficult. Was shooting more for the feeling of encountering a powerup for the first time in a proper mario game and playing through a gimmick stage built around using it and understanding it. Would love to know what you think.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

For those having trouble with design inspiration, play story mode if you haven't there's some genius stuff in there. I for one really love #71, "ON/OFF Koopa Switch" and my next few levels I think are gonna be expansions on that theme or just drop a puzzle room like that in somewhere as a roadblock or maybe exploration reward.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Checking out what the night/morning crew have been up to.

The Kins posted:

Flipscavation: S0P-449-BJG

This is a very well designed stage but I died a ton because my brain just can't handle the underground night theme, especially with those falling spinies and buzzy beetles in play. Fortunately you knew to end it when you did instead of let it drag on. I liked the little homage to LL 1-1 at the beginning.

Kirios posted:

Soaring on the Clouds
42T-53V-NVF

Not bad for a cheetah speed level and definitely a good length for this kind of thing. The fish can be kind of hard to deal with so I had to tank some hits and just barely managed a one-shot clear.

Straight White Shark posted:

Sky Tram!

8LD-FXX-5PF

I tried to rush through at first and died repeatedly. Once I actually took my time it went pretty well and is clearly better suited to that style of play. Nice escalation of challenge toward the end, and also good length for holding my attention.

dudeness posted:

Deadly Alien Planet? A New Ally!
42K-H03-TPG

I thought you did a nice job capturing the "alien" vibe with what you had to work with. I liked the first half with Yoshi better than the second half and was disappointed that there was no obvious Yoshi refresh at the checkpoint unless I missed it in the dark. Pulling off an easy level that uses the night ghost house theme would be a feat, but this should fall under normal I think.

AFashionableHat posted:

Hey folks. I'm new at this, but I've put together a couple of interesting (to me, anyway) pretty straightforward, Mario-rear end Mario levels.

Ice to Meetcha: X0V-P75-WPF - a pretty straightforward run-and-oh-no-there's-ice-I-am-laid-low-by-the-coefficient-of-friction level. Some neat sequence breaks if you're doin' it fast. WR is a little over a minute, I can do it in 50 seconds.

Drop the Mario: 63W-696-09G - this one made my normal-Mario-playing, which is to say "hand-eye coordination of a turnip," friends pretty mad and the one clear so far apparently took over 19 minutes but I promise it isn't bullshit. (I now regret calling it "technical but forgiving", which to me it is because there are a lot of ways to recover from flubbed execution throughout the level, because I think that legit offended somebody I know.) I really enjoy running this level and my best clear time is around 3:30. It's designed to require good inputs and some patience, and rewards good play through the early sections by really rewarding you for having retained power-ups through to the end.
The first one was a decent traditional stage. I gave the second one and made it to the first checkpoint but wasn't really having fun after that and I can already tell the level was going to wear out it's welcome because you previewed a whole vertical section that probably could have been a single level to itself. I'm sure there's an audience for it and it will be better than what super expert players normally get but it's not me.

Joke level. I guess it's funny enough to imagine someone randomly coming across it in endless mode.

Spikey posted:

Great Escape 3: Bowser's Revenge
VK5-X0W-Q3G

It was alright but I am very much over "kill Bowser with koopa troopa shell" segments so just put a fire flower refresh in the arena.

lol 10 bux posted:

Goomba Rescue
BF7-GKF-WYF

Looked cool but my tolerance for replaying stuff after I mess up is very low and I could tell this would take me forever.

Too Shy Guy posted:

SMB3 Revival: Sandworks 2P3-1W4-PCG

Nice little stage. I'm always happy to find something in the sky when people give me a leaf.

SelenicMartian posted:

A Fried Fish Dream

N2C-QGQ-NQG
I actually jumped a little at the beginning when something came out of the dark. It was just a mushroom. This was the first stage I've seen that actually used the night castle theme. It was short but I liked it as a preview of what you can do with it and the idea was cute.

Link43130 posted:

Don't Lose It!: S2N-RGC-GDG

Cool use of the snake block. A little too overwhelming for my taste but at least you got the length right.

Very cool stage and I love that you did the two-way design. I played it twice and both ways are fun, though the ground route is certainly tough.

Vegastar posted:

Radical Rail Shooter
N2H-61N-X6G

I liked that you used the arrows to guide the superball rather than expect god-like precision. I ran into some trouble in the section after the checkpoint with no arrow and looped around for a good minute trying to hit that bomb.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 7, 2019

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

J-Spot posted:

Checking out what the night/morning crew have been up to.

I liked that you used the arrows to guide the superball rather than expect gold-like precision. I ran into some trouble in the section after the checkpoint with no arrow and looped around for a good minute trying to hit that bomb.

The Bullet Bill launcher was a late addition to that section in an attempt to make the last area feel a bit more like an escalation and a bit less like a sudden rush of bullets. I was a bit worried it might over-complicate that whole area. Sounds like I should have trusted my gut there.

Glad the tutorialization and gradual removal of safeties was a success, at least. Thanks for giving it a go!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Vegastar posted:

Working weekends is good for Mario Makin'. I wanted to play with the superball powerup a bit more, so I present to you:

Radical Rail Shooter
N2H-61N-X6G

It's primarily built around playing with trick shots from the superball powerup. There's not much in the way of platforming, and I don't expect it'll be particularly difficult. Was shooting more for the feeling of encountering a powerup for the first time in a proper mario game and playing through a gimmick stage built around using it and understanding it. Would love to know what you think.

Neat little level, the part towards the end with the multiple bullet bills felt real good to go through.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, that was the silliest multiplayer match ever. Someone actually took advantage of the fact that the person who has the key can autowin in a multiplayer versus by blocking the door so it takes a couple seconds to open. Then they built "ctf_2fort". So the instant someone got the "flag", everyone was chasing the person with the key trying to steal it and to the door first. Cue three minutes of people snatching keys, running away, using switchbacks to sneak around, trying to guard an exit, and general mayhem.

It worked so well I think I'm going to build my own "CTF" map with more aggressively crisscrossing paths, some risk/reward set ups, and ways to screw with the person trying to escape with the key.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm trying really hard to make a night sky level that's somewhat fun to play through but man is it hard. Even on my lesser played/enjoyed courses I'm somewhat confident that I did good but this one I'm just stuck at "Is Zero-G actually all that fun."

Hoping to get some feedback when it's done.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

rude

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never noticed the SMB1 forest set has semi-solid platforms that are basically SMB2

dizzywhip
Dec 23, 2005

Bouncy Ball Bog
LKY-WG5-VBG

This was a lot of fun to make! I set out to create something a little more accessible and restrained than my last course, and I like the super ball powerup, so I made a series of little puzzles using it. I was planning on doing some more elaborate setups for the later puzzles, but I ended up feeling that the simpler ones were more fun and less frustrating so I mostly stuck with those. The ball can be a little finicky with more complicated setups.

The nighttime forest theme in SMB1 is super atmospheric so I decided to lean into that and paid a lot of attention to the aesthetics. I also tried making a vague little story out of it but I dunno how much of that comes through.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
There's an achievement and a piece of mii clothing for a 100-consecutive-level streak on super expert.

It's a tank top with a picture of string beans on it.

Nintendo truly wants to destroy gamers and I for one support this noble cause.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm trying really hard to make a night sky level that's somewhat fun to play through but man is it hard. Even on my lesser played/enjoyed courses I'm somewhat confident that I did good but this one I'm just stuck at "Is Zero-G actually all that fun."

Hoping to get some feedback when it's done.
The trick may be to do speedruns or areas that otherwise allow you to maintain momentum.

Not that Panga is anyone you should emulate but he uploaded a pretty cool zero g kaizo stage this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHsDLHKew6w

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

One of my levels from a couple days ago is sitting at six plays and one like, would appreciated some playthroughs/feedback if anyone has a moment:

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Just submitted a last-minute/barely too late jam level:

Spike Tops Shove Off!
DS8-GXK-98G

In which Mario tells spike tops to shove off by shoving them off with off switches that refuse to stay off. True Doom Speedyheads can go faster by trying the bouncy pacifist route.

This was my first attempt at a "serious" level as opposed to a goofy/themed one, so I'm curious what I did right or wrong. I also attempted to create an easy normal route (using the switches) and a harder speedrun route (aerial spin jump ballet), and wondering if one or the other suffered from the effort.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Here's a quick review

The Ants Go Marching - JVN JN6 4NF

gently caress you, what makes you think this is acceptable

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Is there an easy and compact setup to only allow a player to hit a switch once? If I put an inactive block under the switch sometimes you can get stuck inside it and hit the switch again.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

internet celebrity posted:

Is there an easy and compact setup to only allow a player to hit a switch once? If I put an inactive block under the switch sometimes you can get stuck inside it and hit the switch again.

If you have them activate it with a shell or something the activated block will just kill the shell

e: Question block with a shellmet, sideways trampoline overlayed with an inactive block, switch beside it. They hit the question block - shellmet into trampoline into switch which then kills the trampoline and the shellmet

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 7, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

internet celebrity posted:

Easiest thing is shell into it and a block that turns on to kill the shell that hit it. Another option is to make a platform needed to hit the switch turn off when it goes.

Big Mad Drongo posted:

One of my levels from a couple days ago is sitting at six plays and one like, would appreciated some playthroughs/feedback if anyone has a moment:

Spike Tops Shove Off!
DS8-GXK-98G

This was my first attempt at a "serious" level as opposed to a goofy/themed one, so I'm curious what I did right or wrong. I also attempted to create an easy normal route (using the switches) and a harder speedrun route (aerial spin jump ballet), and wondering if one or the other suffered from the effort.

So I broke your machine sometimes by hitting the on/off repeatedly. You had some jumps in the second half that were not set up well for a spin jump path; it required tight movement not to bonk on the on/off switch. It's not really bad, just your speedrunning path needs some refinement so that it has a good flow.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 7, 2019

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...
I'd appreciate it if people could check out this level I added to the spreadsheet - I wanted to experiment with the "darkness/illumination" mechanics in the night-mode Ghost Houses.

quote:

Luigi Didn't Pay the Power Bill?
ID: JJW-VB2-2KG
Theme: NSMBU
Description: "Who locks doors with red coins, or leaves burners on!? Worst roommate ever!

Also, shout-out to all you dope-rear end, clever Mario Makers - and to the creator of Random Acts of Mario. Playing through the spreadsheet has been some of the best Mario Maker 2 has had to offer, so far!

Intl Cron fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Big Mad Drongo posted:

This deserves an A+ in Mario Making 101. You introduce your gimmick safely, ramp it up throughout the level, incorporate the theme into the flagpole jump and end it before the idea runs out of steam. I absolutely loved it.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 7, 2019