Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I guess I'm just a fellow fat rear end because I'm really not seeing how this guy is the rear end in a top hat here. So what if he goes for food and company? Isn't that literally what a party or hanging out with friends is? And he even did ask the group before he went in for 3rds. Yeah hes a horrendous glutton, but drat its better than all that food going to waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

revmoo posted:

Agreed, I don't get why I'm not allowed to call myself a doctor either.

You can though? Obviously you can't present yourself as a medical doctor and try to treat people, but no one gives a poo poo if you decide to stick a pointless title in front of your name.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fantastic Flyer posted:

How big is this motherfucker that he can eat three feet of a six foot party sub?

i assume at least three feet tall

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Super Waffle posted:

I guess I'm just a fellow fat rear end because I'm really not seeing how this guy is the rear end in a top hat here. So what if he goes for food and company? Isn't that literally what a party or hanging out with friends is? And he even did ask the group before he went in for 3rds. Yeah hes a horrendous glutton, but drat its better than all that food going to waste

Apparently the party had like 4 more hours to go and like unless everyone is packing up and there’s not enough time to be hungry inhaling like 20 servings of communal food is general not cool

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Apparently the party had like 4 more hours to go and like unless everyone is packing up and there’s not enough time to be hungry inhaling like 20 servings of communal food is general not cool

I'm learning a lot about party subs and UFC events.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Apparently the party had like 4 more hours to go and like unless everyone is packing up and there's not enough time to be hungry inhaling like 20 servings of communal food is general not cool

eating deli meat that had been sitting on the counter for like 5 hours seems like a cool way to get food poisoning.

Maybe fatty is actually a hero who saved his "friends" from missing work the next day.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm learning a lot about party subs and UFC events.

drat that's a long event.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also party subs can be pretty expensive, from $50 to $100 depending on where you get them from and the quality. This guy ate half of that himself, which means half of the money put into providing this sub went into one fatass. He admits to having essentially an eating addiction and being "starving" an hour after eating a foot of it himself, so chances are this isn't the first party he's pulled this kind of thing at.

"Well this entire platter of wings has been out for an hour and nobody said anything when I asked if they were going to eat it, so I may as well eat it all."

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Party subs are an abomination in general so if anything he was taking one for the team.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Ok I didn't realize the event was so long and there was still so much time left. Gonna have to rescind my verdict :stare:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That is definitely a man who everyone talks behind his back because whenever he goes to a party he inhales most of the food but everyone is too polite to say anything.

Always keep in mind that when someone asks AITA and describes themselves doing a big rear end in a top hat thing, it's probably not a one-off event. They're like this all the time.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
What I don't get is why the motherfucker eyefucks the sub for over an hour clearly understanding he should wait awhile and then decides to inhale the entire loving thing instead of eating another piece I mean goddamn

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

thatguy posted:

What I don't get is why the motherfucker eyefucks the sub for over an hour clearly understanding he should wait awhile and then decides to inhale the entire loving thing instead of eating another piece I mean goddamn

He was "starving" an hour after eating a foot-long and admits to an eating addiction, so I'm chalking it up to a serious lack of self-control and being 400+ pounds.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Comradephate posted:

eating deli meat that had been sitting on the counter for like 5 hours seems like a cool way to get food poisoning.

How do you like pack a lunch if you get sick that easy? :confused:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The whole point of deli meat is that it can sit out, that's like its whole loving thing.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Can I get in trouble for receiving pics I never asked for?

quote:

I live in Arizona. I’m a 21 year old male. I started talking to a girl I met on tinder who is 15. Her profile said 18 but the truth came out pretty quickly. We continued to talk and have a lot in common. I woke up to 7 different nude pictures from her which I did not ask for 3 days ago. She had gotten drunk at a 4th of July party with her family and send the pics around 1am on July 5th. I quickly deleted them. I get a message today saying her parents found out about the pics and she told them about me. Her dad has called the cops according to her. I haven’t been contacted yet. Do I need a lawyer or can the detectives go through my phone and see I didn’t ask for the pics and I even told her she can’t send more or I can get in trouble. It’s all still in my messages. The pics are all deleted too. I can’t afford a lawyer. Can this ruin my life? Is it still illegal to receive pics if I didn’t ask?

dude deserves to get scammed for trying to gently caress a 15 year old

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

My favourite part is that if he ate 3 ft overall, his original '1 serving' is a full foot and a half, so he originally ate a quarter of a sandwich it sounds like was meant to be the main food for what is at least half a dozen people, then decided it was fine if he rounded it up to half and thought no one would notice the fat man stuffing 36 inches of sandwich in his mouth

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i vomit kittens posted:

Can I get in trouble for receiving pics I never asked for?

dude deserves to get scammed for trying to gently caress a 15 year old

"Do I need a lawyer or" means he's also just plain stupid as all hell. He needs a lawyer, and other stuff is going to happen.

e: He's a perv but whether or not he can be convicted of anything depends entirely on how courts are set up wherever he's from.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

He also doesn't grab a reasonable portion. For seconds he grabs a piece that's a foot and a half long for gently caress's sake. Then in his infinite wisdom he grabs another piece that's a foot and a half long an hour later. Those things are meant to be eaten in 3-6 inch pieces. He's definitely the rear end in a top hat and needs help.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

So everyone has to rename their internationally recognized jobs to respect the PE desire to smug at programmers? No flight engineers, no ship's engineers?

That's what the law and the precedent about the law says. But you're free to, and I encourage you to, dispute it. Microsoft's Montreal office is the most famous case. IIRC they paid a very large fine over hiring Software Engineers who didn't have Iron Rings.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

watching a guy eat 3 feet of sandwich sounds like way better entertainment than that ufc fight

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

xtal posted:

That's what the law and the precedent about the law says. But you're free to, and I encourage you to, dispute it. Microsoft's Montreal office is the most famous case. IIRC they paid a very large fine over hiring Software Engineers who didn't have Iron Rings.

It just seems like bullshit that they have legislated the title to mean specifically "iron ring guy" when words have many meanings.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

xtal posted:

a software engineer sued in I think Oregon over a similar statute and he won

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

a software engineer sued in I think Oregon over a similar statute and he won

It's really weird that states and provinces legislate this in light of positions like this

https://www.algonet.com/job/second-engineer-7/

Where engineer is the federally recognized and mandated title

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Do I need a lawyer or" means he's also just plain stupid as all hell. He needs a lawyer, and other stuff is going to happen.

e: He's a perv but whether or not he can be convicted of anything depends entirely on how courts are set up wherever he's from.

It's Arizona, which means he could have raped her and would probably get him a "But he has such a bright future! Let's just not do this again, eh?" I mean unless he's Hispanic, then he's going to be in prison for the next twenty years.

It's a terrible state filled to the brim with white rich boomer vacation houses and tons of jackasses with sun-fried brains.

On the topic of the 18yo with the rear end in a top hat father that's basically disowning him: since his parents are obviously rich and financial aid would be out, is there anything legal he can do or is that poor dude just hella out of luck?

I have to agree sub-eater up there isn't at fault if stuff happened how he said. If you ask and they don't go for seconds, especially after a couple hours, the food is free game.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Scathach posted:

On the topic of the 18yo with the rear end in a top hat father that's basically disowning him: since his parents are obviously rich and financial aid would be out, is there anything legal he can do or is that poor dude just hella out of luck?

Parents (generally) aren't legally obligated to provide for their adult children. The dad is obviously an rear end in a top hat, but there's no financial obligation there.

At best he can appeal the aid process, and if he is able to show his parents aren't supporting him he may find himself eligible for assistance. Just not from the parents.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

TheAardvark posted:

I made the mistake of looking this one up and holy gently caress the MRA people commenting "what else should the father have done? It was cheaper to lie to him for 18 years than leave and pay alimony for his real children" are some of the most anger inducing poo poo I've read in a long time.

When you see children exclusively as gently caress trophies and have no empathy for living creatures that you have had two decades to bond with, then yeah that’s the kind of response you poo poo out. Seeing everything in the world as an Excel spreadsheet is just how it is for some people, especially when that Excel sheet becomes an extension of their own ego.

All these MRA types care about is money, they’re such greedy little pricks.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Scathach posted:

I have to agree sub-eater up there isn't at fault if stuff happened how he said. If you ask and they don't go for seconds, especially after a couple hours, the food is free game.

It's only a sandwich so it's not worth blowing up friendships over, but he is totally at fault because he ate three loving feet of sandwich completely to himself, even after already having had some of it. In a communal setting like that, with communal food, even if your friends are too busy watching the fights to answer you, just have some loving decorum and self control and don't gorge on all the food. What's more, the way he framed it (my friends ate all my wings and so I missed out on them) shows that he has an extremely unhealthy relationship with food, so even if his friends had been totally cool with him stuffing his face with three feet of sandwich, it would still have been a wrong and bad thing to do. It's ridiculous and disgusting gluttony.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

HIJK posted:

When you see children exclusively as gently caress trophies and have no empathy for living creatures that you have had two decades to bond with, then yeah that’s the kind of response you poo poo out. Seeing everything in the world as an Excel spreadsheet is just how it is for some people, especially when that Excel sheet becomes an extension of their own ego.

All these MRA types care about is money, they’re such greedy little pricks.
The guy had way more influence on his son than the person who (might!) have contributed DNA but he still decides to wait 18 years to hurt the kid horribly.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for being too aggressive with my ‘furry’ roommate?

quote:

So, I was gonna get a single dorm, but my parents thought it was too expensive, so I got a double with a randomly assigned roommate. He was a bit awkward at first when I first met him and he didn't talk much. I noticed he had some kind of animal costume in his closet one time and thought it was for Halloween or something. Everything was generally okay up until the point he talked to me about "furries" and I thought it was alright, not for me, but do your own thing, you know? After this however, he started wearing it in the dorm while talking to his friends online. I usually have headphones on and our desks are facing away from each other, so it didn't really bother me too much, it was kind of weird though.

Anyways, I told him I was gonna have a friend over to do calc homework, so I figured he would take off his fursuit when I went to go down and let my friend in, but when I opened the door, he was standing right in front of it and said something along the lines of, "Hi X's friend! I'm Y, his fuzzy roommate!" I was shocked at this display, I saw my friend looking wide eyed, not knowing what to say, so I just said, "we'll be right back" and we just went into the study room down the hall and just pretended it never happened.

I had no idea how to address it in the first place. After that, I went back to my dorm and told him that it seemed a little much to do that kind of thing in front of strangers and he said okay, but he seemed very sad, so I assumed he got the message. Unfortunately, he did not, and when I told him that a few friends were coming over to watch some videos, there he was again, but this time he was sitting at his chair and just said, "Hi." It was an improvement, but he was still wearing his fursuit... I just told my friends it was for some kind of project and shrugged it off. We were watching YouTube videos on my laptop for about an hour and throughout that my roommate was talking to his friends quietly and would occasionally make strange animal noises and my friends started glancing at him. I didn't know what to say to him after my friends left, but this has got to stop. I don't know if it makes him feel more at home to wear his fursuit, or if he's acting differently because he's in a new place? I just don't get it and need some help getting him to know that he can't wear his fursuit while I have friends over, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. What do I do?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Scathach posted:

In my fanfic fixit, the OP goes to his siblings, explain what their bio dad has done, and begged for financial assistance. The siblings are horrified and agreed, cutting bio dad out of their lives completely. Bio mom is on poo poo notice. OP graduates on time and has a successful career wherein the spoils are shared with his siblings and their children. Bio dad dies in a ditch. The End.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for forcing my son to see how difficult it is to raise a baby?

quote:

My son sat me and his mother down last week and told us he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant. He is only 17 and she is 16. I told him I was proud that he came forward to tell me, but I didn't get too far into the discussion before he told me that they are keeping the baby. Both have not graduated high school, and frankly, both are quite irresponsible. According to him, having a child is "easy" and not "really that hard". We tried to persuade him to look at other options, but he was adamant that they were going to have the kid and that was the end of that.

Since then, the house has been quite tense. Any talk of the situation is immediately shut-down and my son refuses to see what we are attempting to show him. I have decided to teach him that kids are more difficult then he initially thinks. Since my son told us they were pregnant, I have done the following:

1. I wake him up twice a night, 2 hours apart after he has fallen asleep. I open the door, scream as loud as I can until I know he is awake, and I shut the door. I've done this 5 nights in a row.
2. I purchased a sack of flour for him and dressed it in a diaper. I have made him change the diaper every 2 hours, and if he doesn't, I shut off the internet until he changes it. I will sometimes smear nutella in the diaper for added effect/mess.
3. While playing one of his games, I told him his "baby" wanted to be held. Giving me a truly poo poo-eating grin, he told me he has no issue playing his game and holding the baby. I placed the sack of flour in his arms and he continued to play basically one handed. While he was doing this, I went to the kitchen, grabbed a small cup of applesauce and splashed it on his shoulder while he was playing. I told him that his baby spit up and he might want to pause his game to take care of that.
4. I have not allowed him to go to the movies or hang out with his friends at their house. When he presses me for a reason, I tell him "You dont have a babysitter. You can go if you take your sack of flour with you." He has not gone anywhere in a week.
5. Yesterday, I did my best pratfall in front of his friends who were over and then wailed and cried until he came over and started talking to me. I told him babies demand attention, and he will have to get used to this. This was the last straw for him.

After his friends left, he accused me of being an rear end in a top hat and for being ridiculous with the wants and needs of a baby. He told me I am being completely unrealistic. I reminded him that he himself was an incredibly fussy baby, and everything I have done so far he has done to me in the past.

His mother tells me I am being an rear end in a top hat and to let him make his own decisions, but I don't want my 17 year shackled to a baby when neither of them are ready for this. If anything, I want him to realize how hard this is going to be, and to at least look at options.

Tell me the truth; Am I being too much of an rear end in a top hat here?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Haifisch posted:

Hell yeah brother, NTA

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
AITA for showing my best friend’s dad my dick?

quote:

So this one is kind of convoluted, but basically my best friends dad is a big gay teddy bear type who always makes inappropriate advances and jokes, but always in a more funny way than creepy and genuinely only to those he know can take it.

I have known my friend for 3 years and his dad for about as long, having only contacted the dad through social media since he lived far away.

His dad flew in for my friends college graduation and we and some other people all got dinner together. At one point me and his dad started comparing tattoos. I have one on my inner thigh I wanted to show him so we went to the bathroom so I could.

After I show him the tattoo he said “What else are you going to show me?” and sort of did an eye flutter thing. I ask what he wants to see and he says my dick.

Now I’ve had some drinks by then and decide sure why not? So I show him, he comments very nice and we go back to finish eating. Later that night my friend calls me up and is like “Bro why did you show my dad your dick?”

First off his dad asked me too, second off idk why he told his son....and it wasn’t anything sexual for me at least. I’m straight I just thought it was sort of funny.

My friend isn’t really mad and his dad isn’t either but they both are sort of acting like I’m an idiot. Am I an rear end in a top hat, or stupid, or both?

wanna flash that dad

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Haifisch posted:

NTA but the mom getting all upset over it sure is. I doubt she realizes that since her kid is underage thay means she's responsible for any kids he has.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Haifisch posted:

NTA. Give this man all the prizes, all the awards, and a well-promoted speaking tour.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

nta

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

quote:

I wake him up twice a night, 2 hours apart after he has fallen asleep. I open the door, scream as loud as I can until I know he is awake, and I shut the door. I've done this 5 nights in a row.

Lmao

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Haifisch posted:

That's cool and all, but where are the girl and her parents in all of this? She's the one you want to be doing this to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Haifisch posted:

this dude is a fuckin hero