Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

snickothemule posted:

Caesar is also a really personable Guardian, after Burai dies and the squad are busy praising their beasts, him just walking off on his own with his head down and missing his best friend is really :smith:

Man Zyuranger had some really touching moments.

It did! Tons of good character moments stand out. Like the time DaiZyujin lifts up Geki as he’s cradling Goushi in his arms, the good solo fight that Mei had, the final arc with Burai. It is a great season. I’m glad I got to see it through the ShoutFactory DVDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Morby posted:

Johnny Yong Bosch in the Zeo and Turbo days did a lot of his own stunt work. It’s why Adam suddenly started wearing hoodies and sweatshirts and stuff all the time. He got beat up pretty bad doing the stunt work, and had to hide the bruises.

Between this and when Billy suddenly started wearing nothing but muscle shirts and wife-beaters around the time Zedd rolled around (and he was loving jacked, why in the world was he ever even getting bullied), I'm glad I finally got an answer to at least one wardrobe shift that I just kind of noticed but didn't really think too much on back then

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MechaX posted:

Between this and when Billy suddenly started wearing nothing but muscle shirts and wife-beaters around the time Zedd rolled around (and he was loving jacked, why in the world was he ever even getting bullied), I'm glad I finally got an answer to at least one wardrobe shift that I just kind of noticed but didn't really think too much on back then

One thing I like about Go Go Power Rangers is when they draw Billy I think he's shorter than even Kim and Trini so you get why Bulk and Skull see him as a target.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Billy being jacked and the nerd was funny to me even as a kid.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zedd posted:

Billy being jacked and the nerd was funny to me even as a kid.
I like to think he was just kinda regular, then PR adventures get him to focus on his body as well as his mind and he just optimizes the poo poo out of his fitness and food routine.

Eventually he learns not to talk like a computer as well.

Maybe for the 30th anniversary we'll get him and JDF as mentor Rangers or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Only if it's a union production, he's been pretty clear on that

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
He’s talked about wanting to direct a reunion show at some point.

I know I posted this a few pages back, but my thought was that if they do it, make a character who is Trini’s daughter, finds her Mom’s old morpher, is chased by a baddie and trained by Mom’s four old friends on how to use it.

At the end...

BILLY: As our powers have begun wane, I’ve designed a new series of morphers I developed with help from alien technology. How would you feel about being part of the next generation of rangers? [Opens box, revealing red/yellow/orange/green/pink Kyutama]

DAUGHTER OC: Well... I mean, yellow was never really my color, you know?

BILLY: Right. How do you feel about green?

And then boom you’ve got your tie-in promotion for the next season right there.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's such a dope idea I know it'll never happen

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
This is Power Rangers. If it does happen it’ll be Tommy’s son, which they’ll use to explain why he gets a mid-series Power-up that turns him into the new White Ranger.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The real question is whether Tommy would be HohouSoldier, the way cooler Red of the two, or RyuCommander just because Dragon Mastar.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Coq au Nandos posted:

This is Power Rangers. If it does happen it’ll be Tommy’s son, which they’ll use to explain why he gets a mid-series Power-up that turns him into the new White Ranger.

But Tommy's son is already SPD Green.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Coq au Nandos posted:

I’m just trying to write around the absence of Thuy, and yeah as the guy above noted Tommy’s kid is already an SPD ranger anyhow.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The real question is whether Tommy would be HohouSoldier, the way cooler Red of the two, or RyuCommander just because Dragon Mastar.

Both, let's be real.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've only caught like two episodes of Beast Morphers but it seems pretty good. Like better than Ninja Steel but not so much as Dino Charge?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I've only caught like two episodes of Beast Morphers but it seems pretty good. Like better than Ninja Steel but not so much as Dino Charge?

In some ways it’s better than Dino Charge IMO.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The OG Ultraman and Ultra Q are coming to Blu-Ray this October. New restorations of the original Japanese broadcast edits. Come with booklets and optional steelbooks. No word on subtitles or any possible dub. It’s Mill Creek tho, so don’t get too excited for any other features.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Liar Lyre posted:

The OG Ultraman and Ultra Q are coming to Blu-Ray this October. New restorations of the original Japanese broadcast edits. Come with booklets and optional steelbooks. No word on subtitles or any possible dub. It’s Mill Creek tho, so don’t get too excited for any other features.

They're definitely keep the subs that they already have if nothing else. And Mills original Ultraman DVD release does have the original dub, so that's on the table

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Has any any outfit done a fansub of Maskman?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Battle for the Grid got a new update with a bunch of character tweaks, what feels like better performance on Switch (I haven't played it much since launch but I think it seems better), online crossplay between Switch and Xbox finally being implemented, and Zeo Gold (Trey) and Time Force Pink as the first two paid DLC characters with Zedd revealed as the third to come out later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9WGlIlasc

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Has any any outfit done a fansub of Maskman?

Grownups in Spandex did the series a long while back, not sure if the group or their website still exists though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Oh, hey, Go Go's new issue is out and I also enjoy the story arc we're entering here
It's another Tommy story! But not really. It's right after losing the Green Ranger powers, so he's leaving town and trying to figure things out since he feels jealous of the team getting to go to the Park and fight z-putties (i love that it's specifically the park, bless)
And then the blue morphin master shows up at Jason's and says they gotta save the universe.

So I'm guessing it's overall gonna be a "prequel" to where the main comic is at. Meaning we might get to see the power transfer.

Zedd is such a good character that I can read him in his voice perfectly and it rules.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Zedd is such a good character that I can read him in his voice perfectly and it rules.

This is related because the *AMAZING* Lightning Collection Lord Zedd just showed up at my door yesterday, and one of the best most underrated bits of articulation he has?

His head bobs and moves just SO fluidly and so nicely, just like the suit whenever Ed Oneil would start REALLY getting into Zedd's dialogue for the suit acting.

You can basically hear him with every movement and it's wonderful.

Related: this thing is ridiculously suit accurate. He's so big and chunky, but his feet look almost tiny because they're just normal shoes, and not a big latex suit over a normal dude.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Box of Bunnies posted:

Battle for the Grid got a new update with a bunch of character tweaks, what feels like better performance on Switch (I haven't played it much since launch but I think it seems better), online crossplay between Switch and Xbox finally being implemented, and Zeo Gold (Trey) and Time Force Pink as the first two paid DLC characters with Zedd revealed as the third to come out later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9WGlIlasc

Oh man. This game annoyed me because of how...generic everyone looked, like they were the Power Rangers in costume only, but that Jen is goddamn perfect. Plus, two out of three here were characters I really wanted in the game (did anyone ever give the slightest of a poo poo about Trey? Not even Jason 2, Trey).

I'm still not too interested in it but it's great to see that they're genuinely putting the effort into improving the base game and making it hit the right fanservice notes.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, hey, Go Go's new issue is out and I also enjoy the story arc we're entering here
It's another Tommy story! But not really. It's right after losing the Green Ranger powers, so he's leaving town and trying to figure things out since he feels jealous of the team getting to go to the Park and fight z-putties (i love that it's specifically the park, bless)
And then the blue morphin master shows up at Jason's and says they gotta save the universe.

So I'm guessing it's overall gonna be a "prequel" to where the main comic is at. Meaning we might get to see the power transfer.

The art was top-notch this chapter too, I was impressed at how well-drawn it was. But I'm getting kind of annoyed at how much both series jump in time. We've skipped really big portions, important ones, of the series, but instead of just removing them we're told they happened instead of showing them, even though it'd be really neat to see a more adult-oriented take on the Green Candle and Jason failing to protect Tommy's powers, or Rita being banished for her failures after how cunning and ruthless this Rita has been in comparison to the more comedic original version. Not to mention seeing a proper transition into the Power of Thunder, which had no explanation whatsoever in the actual series.

The fact that Go Go did it now means we're unlikely to ever see those events, unlike the power transfer to Rocky/Adam/Aisha, which is just a big waste of potential.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

According to an AMA with Dacre Montgomery (2017 movie Red Ranger) the next PR movie won’t involve that cast, will probably be a reboot. I expected that to be the case, but I still wanted to see them again. They were so great, especially RJ Cyler.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The cast was great, but it's probably for the best to just reboot it from the ground up cause everything else was really mediocre.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Shout Factory TV has added Hurricaneger, which means they have up for free streaming every season between it and Jetman

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JT Smiley posted:

The cast was great, but it's probably for the best to just reboot it from the ground up cause everything else was really mediocre.
I liked the dumb high school poo poo and them gelling as a group before they became a fighting team.

That's a real shame because I would have loved one more go around with that cast, only with some good fight choreo and maybe 2 good suit scenes. RIP my fanfiction gender swapped Tommie Oliver.

The Megazord wasn't anything too great so they could have easily scrapped it for Thunderzords.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hated so much about that movie. I really did.

No, not even hated. I was disappointed. That's probably worse in this case.

Power Rangers has never been the highest quality thing, probably never will be- but it's been better than THAT.

The human cast was not one of those and it's a drat shame they're being left behind.

If I can suggest any one thing to the team behind the next film- besides taking AS MANY VISUAL DESIGN CUES from Bumblebee as possible on how to adapt designs, unless they're going to break new ground and do something NOT MMPR derived- for the love of Christ give us time where they're heroes as the Rangers.

We barely got ANY time with them in their suits doing anything in the new movie. Power Rangers was built on the unique action it had, super hero stuff that just wasn't seen on TV like it. Even if they're not fighting unique looking monsters, have them saving people or just doing stuff in suit. Make the suits matter and be important. Those things are part of the franchise for a reason and are a huge part of the identity

And don't gently caress up the zords this time for the love of God. Just please.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Everything about the zords could have been redeemed if Dragonzord came out of the water at the end.

It felt like the city was framed as a fishing/port city precisely for Dragonzord to emerge and stomp on a warehouse. And it never happened, disappointing everyone.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Burkion posted:

We barely got ANY time with them in their suits doing anything in the new movie. Power Rangers was built on the unique action it had, super hero stuff that just wasn't seen on TV like it. Even if they're not fighting unique looking monsters, have them saving people or just doing stuff in suit. Make the suits matter and be important.

So the montage from Spider-Man: Homecoming where he spends the evening wandering the city, in costume, doing good and being a pal?

I can dig it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Burkion posted:

I hated so much about that movie. I really did.

No, not even hated. I was disappointed. That's probably worse in this case.

Power Rangers has never been the highest quality thing, probably never will be- but it's been better than THAT.

The human cast was not one of those and it's a drat shame they're being left behind.

If I can suggest any one thing to the team behind the next film- besides taking AS MANY VISUAL DESIGN CUES from Bumblebee as possible on how to adapt designs, unless they're going to break new ground and do something NOT MMPR derived- for the love of Christ give us time where they're heroes as the Rangers.

We barely got ANY time with them in their suits doing anything in the new movie. Power Rangers was built on the unique action it had, super hero stuff that just wasn't seen on TV like it. Even if they're not fighting unique looking monsters, have them saving people or just doing stuff in suit. Make the suits matter and be important. Those things are part of the franchise for a reason and are a huge part of the identity

And don't gently caress up the zords this time for the love of God. Just please.

I'm just going to quote this entire post because it's spot on. I'll never understand why they changed the designs so radically when the entire point of the movie was to cash in on nostalgia. Why is the movie 2 hours long and the only time we actually see the rangers is the last 20 minutes? The team behind the movie was doing their best to copy chronicle when they should have been copying the avengers.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

New fan movie kickstarter by JDF

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/batinthesun/legend-of-the-white-dragon/description

LEGEND OF THE WHITE DRAGON

starring

Jason David Frank
Johnny Yong Bosch
Jason Faunt
Ciara Hannah
Chrysti Ane
Yoshi Sudarso
Jenna Frank

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Jason David Frank presents
A Jason David Frank movie
Starring Jason David Frank in
Jason David Frank: the Jason David Frank Story, Part 1: Jason David Frank Rising

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/batinthesun/legend-of-the-white-dragon/description

starring

Jason David Frank
Johnny Yong Bosch
Jason Faunt
Ciara Hannah
Chrysti Ane
Yoshi Sudarso
Jenna Frank

That looks

Pretty fuckin bad and dumb

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sockser posted:

That looks

Pretty fuckin bad and dumb

Yeah I love it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

starring

Jason David Frank
Johnny Yong Bosch
Jason Faunt
Ciara Hannah
Chrysti Ane
Yoshi Sudarso
Jenna Frank

Oh, God bless. I want it to make ten million dollars.

I wonder if half a million is shooting too high.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

quote:

As a result of the death and destruction the city became known as Angel Graves.

Help, I ran out of power halfway through the first paragraph.

Tapped out from that trailer a minute and twenty seconds in.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 12, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Tapped out from that trailer a minute and twenty seconds in.
Jesus didnt tap .

But I ain't gonna crucify myself watchin the whole trailer.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Jason David Frank presents
I’m The Greatest
A gently caress Austin St John Production

Edit: I got so distracted by that stupid thing that I forgot to share Forever Evil:

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm seeing Zed's Lightning Collection figure around here now. I hear it's cool and good?