Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

mobby_6kl posted:

Gonna make more fart noises

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

Also I get the feeling the "buh buh buh but I don't want to crane my neck forward" (which isn't a thing anyway) is just too many fat folds where the neck should be making normal viewing angles uncomfortable.

Oh trust me forward head posture is definitely a thing.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

mobby_6kl posted:

Gonna make more vroom-vroom noises

I should have stopped you before you made this purchase. For just a little more, you can have the same sound on any car you own:

https://youtu.be/842PDSD8OeI

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I bought a Switch. I'm not much of a gamer and haven't bought a system of any sort in like at least a decade, I imagine, but eh, I'm heading out to the ship in a couple of weeks and I think I've consumed all the media out there that I have any interest in.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Bought a set of subcompact Makita tools to replace my cheap full size Ryobi ones

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Bought a set of subcompact Makita tools to replace my cheap full size Ryobi ones

Well those are fine in a tight spot but what if you need to drill around the corner?!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well those are fine in a tight spot but what if you need to drill around the corner?!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Right-Angle-Drill-Adapter-DWARA50/203867866

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

I bought a Switch. I'm not much of a gamer and haven't bought a system of any sort in like at least a decade, I imagine, but eh, I'm heading out to the ship in a couple of weeks and I think I've consumed all the media out there that I have any interest in.

Pick up Breath of the Wild and you will not be disappointed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

And a screen protector

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

I have this and it's legit

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I didn't read the text but judging by the picture that's a (screw)driver adapter, not a drill adapter.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Solid Cake posted:

Pick up Breath of the Wild and you will not be disappointed.

I picked up that, Octopath Traveler, and The World Ends With You, which I recall really liking way back on DS. Figured those and some downloaded classic stuff will get me through a few months at sea.

Mu Zeta posted:

And a screen protector

This, I didn't get but guess I probably should.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Coredump posted:

Does the headrest tilt your head forward as you recline back so you can still see the tv?

Yep! It's absolutely fantastic. It's adjustable separately from the reclining, so you can use it as much or little as you want.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

:siren:

You got a CCW for those, sir?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Solice Kirsk posted:

:siren:

You got a CCW for those, sir?

I may have walked around the house pretending I was in a John Woo film because I am apparently a child

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

OniPanda posted:

"Bought" this little goblin, Cat Dracula. She's super sweet and really likes them pets. Not pictured, all the necessities for a cat.

KITTY :3

I learned the hard way that if you encourage a kitten to play bite you they'll never outgrow it. Just trying to help.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Jerry Cotton posted:

I didn't read the text but judging by the picture that's a (screw)driver adapter, not a drill adapter.

Nope! It’s a drill adapter, and it’s rad as gently caress. Rated for impact drivers as well, super duper useful for drilling down into the walls for stuff like installing a new circuit, and other odds and ends. Best 20$ I ever spent!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jerry Cotton posted:

You can get drill bits for those hex end things. Not as much torque as a proper drill bit I assume but great for small jobs.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I got the even smaller Milwaukee one that's not quite 90° and the hex shank bits I bought last week even said they were safe for impact drivers. It's not as good as a right angle Chuck but I was able to squeeze it into a single gang metal box and put a self tapping screw into the knockout plug.

It was for work but I finally got a hammer drill and I don't know how I've gotten by without this thing for so long. Mounted the solar panel for Arlo security cameras in like 2 minutes in a concrete wall.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Nice! I got a set of Makita tools a few months back. Been giving them a workout.

I got the whole set on sale for 50% off with Home Depot coupons. Drill, impact, sawzall, grinder circular, flashlight, charger, two batteries, charger and a really nice bag. Only $300!

Got the electric weed trimmer that uses the same batteries too. Couldn't find that one sale though.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Nice! I got a set of Makita tools a few months back. Been giving them a workout.

I got the whole set on sale for 50% off with Home Depot coupons. Drill, impact, sawzall, grinder circular, flashlight, charger, two batteries, charger and a really nice bag. Only $300!

Got the electric weed trimmer that uses the same batteries too. Couldn't find that one sale though.

Nice! I’ve got that same set and a bunch of extras from about five years ago now, and it is still going strong. One of the best homeowner investments I’ve made. Next step is a lawn roomba once I get the privacy fence up :getin:

E: This is the endgame (sans nukular apocalypse)

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Jul 5, 2019

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

AnimalChin posted:

KITTY :3

I learned the hard way that if you encourage a kitten to play bite you they'll never outgrow it. Just trying to help.

She's really tiny, but the shelter said they think she's ~2 years old, so firmly out the kitten stage. That was one of our requirements, adult cat. We don't want to train a kitten.

So far she only gets on the play biting when she gets overstimulated, and she doesn't chomp when she does, so it shouldn't be too bad. She's been very good about claws so far too, though we let her out of the bathroom today (had her quarantined after bringing her home of course) and she sunk her claws into the couch briefly when she was stretching. Only once, she spent more time being confused by the big room and wondering why we weren't all in the bathroom.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I have these. They are awesome and the battery life is excellent so far.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Found some obviously haunted hand carved indigenous masks

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Scratches owned.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Someone was nice enough to post about the 2019 LGC9 being almost 50% off, so decided to jump on it. Upgrading from a 7 year old plasma.. W00 H00

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

It's summer & an ice cream truck drove by.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
We need pictures of expectations vs reality. On each of those.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

sterster posted:

The LG OLEDs are as good as advertised.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Josh Lyman posted:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Josh Lyman posted:

I showed my wife a display model at the store, and she was like "why does it have that ugly frame around it?" She thought the display movie, which had a traditional wooden "frame" as the outside part of the image, was the TV's actual frame.

She wants one now.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

sterster posted:

I can tell you now that the Spider-Man will be the worst as it doesn’t have frozen stale gumball eyes. Turtles of course will be the best.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

more like the Ugly the Bad and the Good

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Man, that's nuts!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I want a banana shirt! Where's that from?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

This shirt is bananas!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Nocheez posted:

I showed my wife a display model at the store, and she was like "why does it have that ugly frame around it?" She thought the display movie, which had a traditional wooden "frame" as the outside part of the image, was the TV's actual frame.

LoL, I definitely could see MY GIRLFRIEND doing the same thing.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Paul ReiserFS posted:

more like the Ugly the Bad and the Good

Please refer to the thread title.

Rageaholic posted:

I want a banana shirt! Where's that from?

Please refer to the new thread title, "PYF Recent Purchases: Please, don't shop-shame or swagger-jack."

https://www.mauitide.com/collections/all-shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really like those fruit shirts and the sale is making it hard to say no.