Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sagebrush posted:

2) if you think that black kids only have black parents and fat parents only have fat kids i think you should go outside for a bit

This drama idiot ought to transport themselves to another world... a world called outside, fool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

thatguy posted:

the fact is she should have never handled it openly via email, that is the nuclear option. There's a hierarchy of how you handle bullshit from cunts in a professional environment, and she never even talked to her boss about it, just a colleague.

The moment Mary climbed into her toilet stall to check if she was taking a dump was the moment the OP should have documented with HR. That is just crazy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerry Cotton posted:

All old people suck.

therobit posted:

White and has money, no longer a social pariah, FYGM. Does that help?

Yea not that super complex really. Tons of people in the LGBTQ movement as a whole suck rear end because they A) have always been in privileged positions despite having to face discrimination in other ways and/or B) are VERY focused on a narrow assimilationist view of 'progress' where the goal of all queer people is to get a nice suburban home with a spouse and 2.5 kids. Unfortunately what with capitalism being a cancer even among the oppressed those people tend to be in leadership positions in the community due to wealth, so you get a lot of 'LGBTQ' groups that are, say, more than happy to toss the 'T' under the bus as soon as the fight for progress becomes more complex than 'we want to get married and adopt kids'.

It's really no different than countless other groups deal with, it's like when you see some older respected feminist figure all 'well I don't know why we're worrying so much about sex workers' rights in feminist communities honestly' or whatever, they're just being old and kinda lovely because it's not really an issue that affects them any more and they don't...give a poo poo?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

thatguy posted:

nah I just really don't get it, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't understand the dynamic between old trans and new trans, because old trans dudes spend all their time trying to pass with varying success while new trans might or might not, sometimes they'll just self-identify as whatever they feel fits them. But I also don't understand the standard bigotry between old gays and trans people either, because you'd think if there was one group unwilling to immediately discriminate against an already discriminated group you'd think it'd be gay dudes who grew up in the 70s and 80s.

There's a long and storied history of formerly-persecuted minorities pulling up the ladder once they've climbed to a respectable levels of society.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

shovelbum posted:

I've never lived in a state that could afford much supervision of teachers lol

That's the funny thing because I'm pretty sure states like Texas don't pay teachers much, or fund schools well, but apparently the resources are there for making sure their backwards rear end textbooks are followed lol.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

thatguy posted:

nah I just really don't get it, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't understand the dynamic between old trans and new trans, because old trans dudes spend all their time trying to pass with varying success while new trans might or might not, sometimes they'll just self-identify as whatever they feel fits them. But I also don't understand the standard bigotry between old gays and trans people either, because you'd think if there was one group unwilling to immediately discriminate against an already discriminated group you'd think it'd be gay dudes who grew up in the 70s and 80s.
Fair enough.

Usually people are doing the best they can to relieve dysphoria, but what makes someone dysphoric varies from person to person. Also, it's more acceptable to be non-conforming to gender roles, I think, so if someone is able to get taken seriously as the gender they identify as without having to go brawny he-man or super feminine sometimes they're just not going to bother.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

He was "starving" an hour after eating a foot-long and admits to an eating addiction, so I'm chalking it up to a serious lack of self-control and being 400+ pounds.

That sounds like a legit medical problem. Jesus, I’m 400+ and I’d be done after a 6” (or maybe a footlong if I hadn’t had lunch). Hell I had a large fast food combo about six hours ago and I’m still loving stuffed.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Haifisch posted:

AITA for pretending to be gay so I could make non-romantic female friends?

Making platonic friendships with women as a straight dude is easy, at least once the teen years are gone.
So I'm not really sure what this dude's issue is, but ten bucks says he must be coming off a lot less platonic in his socializing than he thinks he is.

thatguy posted:

I tell women I'm gay when I'm really just totally focused on getting our business running smoothly

...why don't you just... do business?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for referring to a coworker as “the larger one”?
Lmao I like that he qualifies that he didn't use the hand motion to signify her breasts. I'd say this is a honest, but hurtful mistake.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pvt.Scott posted:

That sounds like a legit medical problem. Jesus, I’m 400+ and I’d be done after a 6” (or maybe a footlong if I hadn’t had lunch). Hell I had a large fast food combo about six hours ago and I’m still loving stuffed.
Yeah I was picturing a normal sub but 6 feet long but then I realized how big party subs are and jesus. I don't think people would have minded him going for a second 3 inch section or whatever but if his body is so wired for food he can keep that much down and he feels the need to eat more after a massive meal, there's something deeply wrong. I'm p sure I learned that obesity can mess with the endocrine pathway that makes you feel sated after eating? Like it's not just that you're more prone to be overweight if you've got a problem with that, although that's true, it's that your habits as a obese person can gently caress that up even further.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

sweet thursday posted:

*drama teacher pokes his head through the house curtain before the show*
Good turnout, Jack. Great turnout. You did it. You loving did it. Everyone is here to see your vision.

This is the actual internal monologue of half of the high-school drama teachers on Earth; the other half is burnouts or just hilariously laissez-faire. This doesn't affect the quality of the school's drama program, just the degree of micromanagement.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Me [28F] with my fiance [32M] -- I feel like I'm a hostage to his dream wedding.

quote:

I don't know precisely where to start, so I'm sorry if this rambles. I guess I'll start with explaining myself. I have always hated both most everything about weddings and being the center of attention at events. I can remember several events in my childhood that cemented this: being forced to be a flower girl for an uncle and hating it as a small child, being forced to have large, fancy birthday parties by my father (parents divorced; my Mom respected my wishes on this stuff, my father did not and it eventually cased a huge rift), etc. I did not walk at graduation (HS or college) for similar reasons, and my father and other family members blew up at me, etc. So similar things have been an issue my entire life, I think. I'm not shy or anything (was as a kid) but I am introverted and not keen on being the center of any "day" in particular. I don't want "my day" and really hate the whole idea of a wedding spotlight on me in any way, shape, or form. I also hate a lot of marriage/wedding traditions: diamonds, roses, frill/lace/cutesy stuff at all, white clothes, matching clothes, etc. I don't enjoy planning events or attending big events.

Maybe relevant: When I go to weddings, I'm always polite, but it's a misery for me, even as a guest. I've repeatedly turned down being a bridesmaid as an adult and haven't since I was 21 and didn't know how to get out of it. My SO has been a groomsmen 3 times in the past 2 years, and in 2 of those weddings, I was asked to be a bridesmaid but declined. Both of those couples were a bit unhappy with me, but I stood firm. I think this caused some awkwardness for my fiance.

My fiance is by no means some great romantic traditionalist (or hasn't been prior). He's a pretty alternative person in terms of personality in general. We both are. As to romance, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day, anniversaries, etc. We are romantic in our own ways (like I might think of him and buy a nerdy desk toy with a cute handwritten card just because OR he might make me a painting of an alien planet), but there's no "common romantic tradition" we've ever followed or bought into. However, somehow my fiance is now becoming the "we should do this because everyone does" wedding guy.

It started with the ring. He wanted to buy me a diamond solitaire. But he knows I hate diamonds! So he didn't. He suggested a white sapphire but these look basically like diamonds! He thought it was a "mental block" about diamonds or maybe an ethics issue. I suggested a plain band and no engagement ring. He vetoed. I found vintage jewelry on Etsy that was funky and fun, and he said none of them looked like engagement rings (true, that's the point, I don't like engagement rings). We settled on a compromise: 1) An engagement-looking ring with an emerald and a semi-funky band and 2) I didn't have to wear it daily, especially once we got married and got bands, if I really didn't like it. However, any day when I don't wear it, I typically get the puppy dog eyes from him and I know it bothers him. He's not rude about it, but it's how he feels.

So, then, the wedding. We had always said we would elope but, granted, the discussions weren't serious. They were offhand comments. He made them as well as me and admits it. But we have been to quite a few weddings in the past 2 years for friends and he thinks 1) it'd be rude to them not to have an event to invite them to, 2) after being in wedding parties and buying so many gifts for them, it's stupid not to have our own (nevermind that the cost of the wedding offsets the gifts generally). I don't get either of these reasons at all. Then he gave me the one reason I do get: He wanted his family there. Sure, of course! I get that. I wouldn't mind my Mom and grandparents and favorite cousin there too! There are a few people I can see being good to be there, and I know that means inviting a few we don't care for. As a compromise, we figured on a very small, easy affair of 20 guests or so. I invited 8 guests (my Mom, her new husband, my grandparents, my favorite cousin and her husband, and one friend and her boyfriend) and then my SO said, No, I needed to invite a) the rest of my family, including my father, who needed to give me away (never happening, especially the latter) and b) anyone who'd ever invited us to their wedding, plus anyone else in those friend circles. Plus he had 17 family members already!

Basically, the only thing we still agree on is a "childfree wedding" and that there has to be booze. He also wants frilly, fancy stuff. He wants a higher budget (he's willing to pay and makes a lot more money than me; frankly, my Mom is willing to pay too but she'd also just give me the money for a house downpayment). He wants me to wear a white or cream dress and a gown/nice dress, not the kind of knee-length thing I want to and nothing funky. He wants to wear a suit (which I'd never tell him what to wear, but this is his justification for my level of dress). He wants to have bridesmaids and groomsmen. He wants to do it up, basically, and the whole prospect is shutting me down.

Every single day, I think of leaving the ringbox, packing up my stuff, and just running away. I love this man. I want to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him. But I feel so bulldozed and disrespected right now. I lived overseas for years and have actually started eyeing these overseas jobs again. I haven't applied to anything yet, but I just constantly dream of escaping this wedding. Every time I try to share these thoughts with my SO (I haven't mentioned the leaving thing, but I have cried about it and mentioned how uncomfortable I am and how this isn't what I want and so forth), he just tells me this is what people do, let's get through it, and everything will go back to normal.

People in real life who I've spoken to (1 friend, my mother, my favorite cousin) basically say "Yeah it sucks but suck it up. You love him. Don't ruin your life." But I don't know if I can do it. They also seem to have the attitude that this is "just what people do" which drives me loving crazy. I don't live my life based on what people do! If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you? I mean, come on!

Edit: My fiance and I have been together for 5 years, lived together for 4, been engaged for 2 months. We met overseas and moved back to the States together (both Americans, same "culture" -- we're white with no culture) and moved in then.

Another edit: (said this in a comment but seems relevant in general) I guess I should add we basically have to get married legally by next year or he has to avoid taking a big promotion overseas again that he's already in training for. Because it's a country I'll find it hard to get a work visa for this time. I wanted to be married before I quit my job, so that pushes the deadline up to August since I teach Elementary School and don't want to leave mid-year. We already have joined finances, live together, and call each other husband/wife.

TL;DR -- I feel like my SO is being a groomzilla but I don't know how much he's just being a normal person and this is my problem. We can't agree on wedding stuff at all and I'm thinking of just taking a job somewhere far away and leaving.
Weddings are abuse.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

How is anyone involved in theater professionally under the impression that you even remotely need to cast like you're making a film.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

MasBrillante posted:

I thought this only happened on tv. LOL at a school spending money on educational resources. Not in MY America.

I took Home Economics and had to do the baby thing. The school didn’t have enough of the dolls to go around, so I had to carry around a gallon jug of water with some food dye in it. It was signed by the teacher so I had to look after it/wouldn’t be easy to make a replacement. Since I’m a dude, my entire child-rearing experience involved dodging every single friend I had trying to constantly dump Scott JR (it was a girl) out of my hands. She only died twice.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Me [28F] with my fiance [32M] -- I feel like I'm a hostage to his dream wedding.

Weddings are abuse.

:murder: for being excessively “funky”

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pvt.Scott posted:

I took Home Economics and had to do the baby thing. The school didn’t have enough of the dolls to go around, so I had to carry around a gallon jug of water with some food dye in it. It was signed by the teacher so I had to look after it/wouldn’t be easy to make a replacement. Since I’m a dude, my entire child-rearing experience involved dodging every single friend I had trying to constantly dump Scott JR (it was a girl) out of my hands. She only died twice.

Ohhh noooo. Scott, Jr RIP

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm 6'1" and like 160, but I can eat a footlong and still be hungry. Give me an hour I could probably put that whole party sub away by myself.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

rip in peace, pvt scotts food dye baby.
I’m [F 28] at a crossroads following nanny cam incident [M 32 together 10 married 3] [1 baby]

quote:

Let me start off by saying I had the best relationship. Best friends in love who made an awesome baby, life was excellent.

Lately some cracks started to appear. It’s always a push and pull bringing up kids, the effort is rarely 50/50 Mum and Dad. We tried to get as close to it as possible, but it was still usually me doing the lions share. A couple of mornings during school holidays my husband offered to take the baby downstairs so I could get more sleep. I hear him place him in his jumparoo thing and there he stays for close to half an hour while I can hear my SO clacking away on his PS4 controller. Baby would shout and cry and he would only move him if I shouted down to get him out (aka I never got to sleep in)

Ffwd to yesterday. Same old story. We have a nanny cam in the living room because of the area we live in, we plug it out when one of us goes downstairs each morning. Again I hear the baby stranded in his jumparoo. I shout down to get him out. My SO says he isn’t in there, he’s playing with his toys. So I checked the nanny cam app on my phone. I just wanted to sleep without worrying about the baby! He hadn’t plugged it out. Clear as day there he was crying to get out while SO played PlayStation.

I came downstairs to confront him immediately for lying, told him I had seen on the camera. Suddenly a switch flicks and he launches into a tirade on how I’m spying on him and he doesn’t want to be around me. I don’t even get the words out to chastise him for putting computer games infront of our sons welfare. He storms out of the house, comes back 2h later and ignores me.

Not one to sit on a steaming turd I conjure conversation so we can discuss why we are both mad at each other, but the way he looked at/spoke to me was completely alien to anything I’ve ever experienced with him. Laughed in my face while I cried, Rolled his eyes when I talked about feelings, claimed I hadn’t apologised and that was why we were arguing when I notably did so several times.

I know it was stupid to use nanny cam but I was just sick of being fibbed to, however his reaction and treatment of me after has left me quite shell shocked. He wants the argument to be over and keeps asking me to kiss him, but I can’t find it in myself to do so. My mum had several bad relationships when I was little and suddenly I’m 7 again hiding upstairs listening to some jerk talk to my mum like crap and I’m unable to do anything about it. The whole thing just felt completely controlling and what is normally cleared up with a kiss and cuddle just feels like it would be horribly fake on my part, I can’t bring myself to get over it.

I don’t really have anyone to talk to about what happened so I have no idea if I’m being melodramatic, which is why I posted here. Should I accept the truce and work on the marriage or is his behaviour not normal?

TL;DR Husband out of character, flipped out, struggling to mend my feelings for him

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Grape posted:

Making platonic friendships with women as a straight dude is easy, at least once the teen years are gone.
So I'm not really sure what this dude's issue is, but ten bucks says he must be coming off a lot less platonic in his socializing than he thinks he is.

...why don't you just... do business?

I get asked because I'm an ok looking dude, I'm under 40, we own our own business with employees and I work in an outdoor field in National Parks and forests and get to travel a lot. I work closely with my partner (who's gay), and get sick of the conversations that are long and drawn out explaining our odd couple dynamic, so it's just easier to say we're both gay so I don't have to worry about it again. If we did tons of small purchases like a brick and mortar or whatever, it'd be different but we spend 2-4 months per contract usually so we spend time enough we have to routinely deal with the office people. Because most of the parks and forests we work for are in rural areas we're new blood. It's just out of expedience.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Is there a complete index of fight man's antics?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

nankeen posted:

i believe the fighting manlet is real

I believe in him. I knew a little manlet with three baby mamas who would constantly get in fights at parties and get wrecked. He’d also get wrecked for loving other people’s girlfriends.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My [32F] husband [33M] doesn't want our nanny to teach our daughter Spanish. Feel like I'm seeing an ugly side of him.

quote:

]My husband Eric and I have been married for 5 years. We have one child, a four-year-old little lady named Katherine. We both work busy jobs but I'm a writer and I usually work from home or from my office down the street. Our live-in nanny, Ella [45F], has been with us for about six months. She is INCREDIBLE at her job, and she's honestly become part of the family.

The other day Katherine, my husband and I were driving somewhere in the car and my daughter said, "Want to hear me talk like Ella?" And she started speaking Spanish! I'm not fluent but I know enough to know that she was really speaking it, not just pretending. I was really impressed and told her great job, keep practicing, etc. My husband didn't really respond but I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Then tonight (just now) Ella came to my office after Eric got home and took over watching Katherine. She was really quiet which isn't like her, and she apologized for teaching Katherine Spanish without asking. My response was basically, um...what? I told her (completely confused) that I had no problem with that and I actually think it's a fantastic idea. I wish somebody had taught me when I was little -- especially where we live in Southern California, it's a great skill to have. So I reassured her that I would actually appreciate it if she would keep teaching Katherine the language. Ella then told me that Eric had just asked her to please only speak English around Katherine.

Ella has gone back to our house for the night, but I'm still sitting in my office fuming. I am beyond furious with Eric, and I know I need to collect myself before going home and speaking to him. First of all, I feel like he's damaged our relationship with Ella, who's been nothing but wonderful to us and our daughter. Secondly, I cannot for the life of me understand why it's a bad thing for our young daughter to learn a very useful second language (which she'll probably have to learn later in school anyway). Eric has never expressed any racism (if he had, we wouldn't be married; that's a dealbreaker for me), but I can't see any other explanation for this. And finally, I am furious that he made the decision to talk to Ella without me. That's not how a partnership should work.

A) Where do I begin in addressing this with him?

and B) How do I make it clear to Ella that she's free to speak whatever language she wants around our daughter?

tl;dr: Our amazing nanny has been teaching our 4 year old daughter Spanish, and my husband asked her to stop without discussing it with me first.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Spaced God posted:

I believe it’s all under this one account?

https://www.reddit.com/u/IJustwantmygirl/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Spaced God posted:

Here you go

https://www.reddit.com/user/IJustwantmygirl

However, the saga may have come to an end

quote:

I’ve been banned for some reason from most subreddits. I’ll still be around and I’ll post here and there on ones I’m not banned from but other than that I can’t post anymore so I guess I can’t update you guys much on what goes on in my life anymore. I’m sorry to disappoint. I know some of you found amusement in my misfortunes. Farewell to you all. I’ll be here and there. We’ve had fun over the past year. I’ll see you guys on the other side

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

My [32F] husband [33M] doesn't want our nanny to teach our daughter Spanish. Feel like I'm seeing an ugly side of him.

If your first instinct is to say he's racist, chances are you've seen other things too.

Gotta love all the secret racists that show up in relationships posts.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

MasBrillante posted:

Ohhh noooo. Scott, Jr RIP

Eh it wasn’t really a big deal because of sexism. I wasn’t expected to actually do good at any of the child rearing stuff in class because obviously I’d be working and my wife would be handling the kids!

Bringing in dead water babies just got me a roll of the eyes from the teacher.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress this guy. I wish I had been taught Spanish when I was a kid because lol at doing it now.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
If you don't wanna raise your kids at least let the person you hire to do it do it without your worthless input you loving guillotine bait.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Another nanny story then!
My (41F) neighbors are making my nanny (24F) really uncomfortable and I am not sure where to go from here.

quote:

So I am a single mom of 2 twin boys that well call Luther and Donovan (3). My husband died of cancer 4 months after they were born after being diagnosed for 48 hours. It was obviously a huge shock but luckily I have amazing family and friends that all rallied together and took care of me and my boys. I still see a therapist but the years are passing and can feel the pain fading more and more with each year.

My husband and i were very smart with our money and waited about 10 years before trying for our boys and when he died I received a considerable sum of money in the form of life insurance and such. I also am a trained RN and went back to work about a year after he died and I felt like I could be away from Luther and Donovan. However, going back to work meant placing them into a daycare program. At first it was great but then it wasn't. To spare the details I had one of my boys come home with a cut lip and black eye and magically no one saw how it happened. Granted boys can be boys but that's a fairly large injury for no one to see happen.

So I decided to hire a nanny. I went through a nanny service in my city and was paired with a couple but never really felt the "click" with anyone till I met Tabitha (24). Tabitha and I were instant connection from the moment we met. What's even more is the connection she instantly had with my twins, even Luther who is EXTREMELY shy. They all just instantly fell in love and I was so beyond grateful. I come home to a clean house, happy kids, and dinner. I more then make up in compensation to Tabitha in hopes that she'll stay with us for the years to come.

But now my problem is this. Tabitha is stunningly beautiful. I mean the first moment I met her my jaw almost touched the ground. She is the kind of natural beauty that is almost sickening because it's just so unfair that a human can look that good without even trying. Her beauty was obviously never an issue for me at all since she also happens to be an amazing person and nanny for my family.

My husband and I moved into our neighborhood about our 5th year of marriage so these are all families I know very well. Some of them actually were a huge support during the time of his death. Most of the families are young husbands and wives and a few them have nannies as well. They schedule play dates on an app called Meetup and go to parks and fun activities with all the kids. I told Tabitha about it right away and she was extremely excited to be out and about with other adults and to let the twins socialize with other kids. So the first event came and went and I of course asked Tabitha how it went. She seemed a little.... Guarded as she told, "Fine." And didn't go into many more details. I just shrugged it off and honestly didn't think much about it.

About a week later I got a notification for another meetup and told Tabitha about it. She got really really nervous and asked if she had to go. I said of course not but what was the problem? She burst into tears and said that the last play date she went to was awful. She said that the moms refused to even look at her or talk to her and when she asked a simple question of them snapped at her and said, "obviously there's no brains in that pretty body, huh?" She was stunned and decided to take the boys to the park playground since she obviously wasn't welcomed. I guess that the husband of one of these moms chased her down as she was leaving and told her that it was just petty jealously and that he would talk to these women for her since they obviously did not know her and any friend of our family was welcome in the neighborhood. Then he asked for her phone number to schedule more up coming play dates that would be without the drama. Tabitha said that he was really being nice and did not pick up a creepy vibe at all.

Then I guess the texts started. I know this father personally as they are next door neighbors and I just can't believe that he would do this but Tabitha even showed me her phone and it was....sickening to say the least. There's texts asking for nudes, texts saying that he watches her from his windows, texts that say he's falling in love with her, even a text saying he would pay her $1000 just to smell her hair?!?! What the actual gently caress???? Not only that but hen she started recieving texts from other phone numbers, numbers I don't even have in my phone claiming to be from other fathers in the neighborhood that are "secret admirers" and saying lewd and disgusting things to her.

I literally have no idea what to do. I am not about to give up the nanny that has been nothing short of amazing with my children, that much I know. I know I could probably go to the police for the messages but what can they do? She's not a minor and they never acted upon anything but some of these messages are really unnerving. Should I raise hell in my neighborhood and risk getting blacklisted? Not that I obviously want friends like that any way but I know it will cause a huge up roar. Or should i even consider moving? I just don't know what to do

tl;dr: My wonderful nanny has been getting creeped on by my neighbors and I don't know what to do.

Really quick update: on the phone with realtor who is going to come tomorrow to get the selling process started. Thanks guys.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

My (41F) neighbors are making my nanny (24F) really uncomfortable and I am not sure where to go from here.

god damnit this is the worst.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

:stonk:

I hope the nanny sticks printouts of those messages in the mailbox of those assholes.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

"Te disculpas con la ninera o quiero el divorcio."

Here's another good one for dumbfuck old dad:

"Mas linguas, mas dinero."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

So I am a single mom of 2 twin boys that well call Luther and Donovan

why, though

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sagebrush posted:

why, though

At least they're names and not letters or acronyms

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress this guy. I wish I had been taught Spanish when I was a kid because lol at doing it now.

Spanish for an English speaker in the US is learning a foreign language on easy mode. You'll always have an accent but if you start with a community college class or two it is easy to get to where you can at least communicate. Spelling is super easy when compared with english and you don't have to learn a new script.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Luthers a good name if you happen to be the loving devil. which as it turns out...

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Why you would just choose to up and move right away is beyond me, but please, post on the Meetup app why you are leaving and name names.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

Spanish for an English speaker in the US is learning a foreign language on easy mode. You'll always have an accent but if you start with a community college class or two it is easy to get to where you can at least communicate. Spelling is super easy when compared with english and you don't have to learn a new script.

This is false.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Why you would just choose to up and move right away is beyond me
Because as a single mom in an (apparently) affluent area, the local bullshit just gets ingrained i to every bit of your life.

In a few years, those bitches will be the parents in her kids' schools. She'll have to attend birthday parties and other crap and deal with the endless backbiting and petty squabbling. And, if she's ostracised, it's not like the kids would be immune to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Because as a single mom in an (apparently) affluent area, the local bullshit just gets ingrained i to every bit of your life.

In a few years, those bitches will be the parents in her kids' schools. She'll have to attend birthday parties and other crap and deal with the endless backbiting and petty squabbling. And, if she's ostracised, it's not like the kids would be immune to it.

As lovely as it is this is correct. She absolutely shouldn’t have to move but it’s probably the best choice.