Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Someone else speculated that Grimes was probably playing it and muskman asked her to dress up as 2B. She probably already had the costume anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Elon is currently going through a midlife crisis that has manifested as being an online teen.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
It’s funny he called that Thai cave rescue guy a pedo and then he posts 2B while dating Grimes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure what one has to do with the other

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

It’s funny he called that Thai cave rescue guy a pedo and then he posts 2B while dating Grimes.

I'm going to need you to unpack this one for me because it sounds like you're trying to imply that he's a pedo for... posting a picture of an anime character (and not even like a Blatantly Underage Child anime character) and because he's dating a 31 year old woman.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

He’s made assumptions about one person for “pedo things” while indulging in things other people might make pedo assumptions on. 2B and Grimes can look, well, underage.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

2B? look underage?? Not only does she not look so the game is clearly playing up 2B as cool and mature in contrast to 9S the whiny kid and it's super apparent and in your face. I don't see how anyone could make that assumption even theoretically.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Look Sir Droids posted:

He’s made assumptions about one person for “pedo things” while indulging in things other people might make pedo assumptions on. 2B and Grimes can look, well, underage.

What the gently caress are you on about?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Amppelix posted:

2B? look underage?? Not only does she not look so the game is clearly playing up 2B as cool and mature in contrast to 9S the whiny kid and it's super apparent and in your face. I don't see how anyone could make that assumption even theoretically.

The game is akin to a coming of age story. 2B can be older and still be a minor. It’s not obvious to me that 2B is being physically depicted as an adult because mentally she does not have adult awareness.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

The game is akin to a coming of age story. 2B can be older and still be a minor. It’s not obvious to me that 2B is being physically depicted as an adult because mentally she does not have adult awareness.

so you didn't play past route A, or

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Elon Musk is an annoying little man

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
2B never struck me as anything but an adult, which is why I did not buy that there was anything actually going on between her and 9S. It was a failing of the story to be honest.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Let’s just say Elon like the Lolita part of Gothic Lolita.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am extremely not interested in learning what Elon Musk jerks his pud to but the internet is insistent on letting me know. He's thinking about how much he wants to **** 2B, isn't he

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Look Sir Droids posted:

The game is akin to a coming of age story.

can you explain this part to me? for serious, I can't see how the story would fit that at all

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You could maybe twist 9S' story into one? The other characters are world-weary and have already been through the same poo poo too many times.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I am extremely not interested in learning what Elon Musk jerks his pud to but the internet is insistent on letting me know. He's thinking about how much he wants to **** 2B, isn't he

I very much doubt he has any idea who 2B is.

He just tweeted a popular character to show how with the kids he is

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I got Avengers vibes from the way she was flaking at the edges in that fanart. "Oh... Nines... I don't feel so good..."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Look Sir Droids posted:

Shut up dude, you are talking nonsense with this entire train of thought, especially the "irl 31 year old looks like a minor" stuff.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Shut up dude, you are talking nonsense with this entire train of thought, especially the "irl 31 year old looks like a minor" stuff.

Nice meltdown. It's weird that you're so mad about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah the creepy way people talk about Grimes to own musk is well creepy.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Since when is posting "shut up dude" a meltdown

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Look Sir Droids posted:

Nice meltdown. It's weird that you're so mad about it.
You're a loving weirdo and everybody is laughing at you, but nice try

Anyway on a way way way more positive note Nier Automata is now my GOTY 2019 (even that headline's bogus and it's likely just another lovely hissy fit)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

so, picking this back up to do a bit more of my second playthrough.

I know that there's a lot of cool stuff in the final battle if you decide to hack, but most players don't see it because they're overleveled. Any advice for remaining relatively underleveled? I definitely won't grind or equip EXP chips but I'd still like to do sidequests.

On another note, when should I do the DLC? I missed most of it last time. I think I got stuck on some one-hit challenge or something.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

so, picking this back up to do a bit more of my second playthrough.

I know that there's a lot of cool stuff in the final battle if you decide to hack, but most players don't see it because they're overleveled. Any advice for remaining relatively underleveled? I definitely won't grind or equip EXP chips but I'd still like to do sidequests.

On another note, when should I do the DLC? I missed most of it last time. I think I got stuck on some one-hit challenge or something.

I did almost all the sidequests and I saw the hacking stuff. Just don't level grind and don't use XP boost chips, and you should be fine.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
2 questions, for now:

1. are the non yorha droids aware of their back up system? i'd be pretty jealous
2. can normal androids be affected by the logic virus or is it yorha only since they have machine cores? i would think the normal androids system architecture would be incompatible with the machines. unless its just hand waved away for gameplay purposes. it makes me think of the scene in independence day when they upload a windows virus/hack the alien mothership lol

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Relin posted:

2 questions, for now:

1. are the non yorha droids aware of their back up system? i'd be pretty jealous
2. can normal androids be affected by the logic virus or is it yorha only since they have machine cores? i would think the normal androids system architecture would be incompatible with the machines. unless its just hand waved away for gameplay purposes. it makes me think of the scene in independence day when they upload a windows virus/hack the alien mothership lol

1) I think so, at least some of them.

2) Nah, regular androids can be infected too. Anemone lost friends to that. More than once.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Yeah, that's the reason for that annoying gameplay section early in route C, where 2B is infected and tries to get somewhere secluded to avoid passing it on

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

trying to decide what's the worst sidequest, I was going to say Reconnaissance Squad, but Heritage of the Past is a strong contender.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Eventually the parade turns into a good side quest but when you can first pick it up it’s pretty bad.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
not being able to hack the bunny before it wakes up seems like a really lovely, spiteful change

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If all you want is easy levels then just put it on easy, turn on the auto chips with as many xp+ chips as you can and there's an area out in the desert where it'll just endlessly spawn enemies for you to leave it idling.

That's the only thing the bunny was good for outside of needing to kill it once for a particular crafting material iirc.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm way behind on this game and have been avoiding much of this thread but I just wanted to pop in and say this game owns. I just finished A and B and just :psyduck: at the beginning of C when I realized that I lost my entire chipset during the boss of B ending. I had basically a chipset that made me functionally invincible with a lot of +6 chips so I basically never died so when I finally did the thought never occurred to me that I had to go retrieve my body. So now I'm starting C with practically nothing chipwise and yeah, no idea how I'm grinding that chipset back or if I even can find some of these chips in the wild...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm way behind on this game and have been avoiding much of this thread but I just wanted to pop in and say this game owns. I just finished A and B and just :psyduck: at the beginning of C when I realized that I lost my entire chipset during the boss of B ending. I had basically a chipset that made me functionally invincible with a lot of +6 chips so I basically never died so when I finally did the thought never occurred to me that I had to go retrieve my body. So now I'm starting C with practically nothing chipwise and yeah, no idea how I'm grinding that chipset back or if I even can find some of these chips in the wild...

I think I maxed out at 3 and 4 chips so you can do it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I don't think there are any exclusive chips, you just might have to spend some time grinding for drops if you want an extremely optimal build, or you can just buy some replacements eventually, even if they're not optimal.

The game will get pretty easy in route C though so you shouldn't stress about it. Just getting a decent autoheal or deadly heal or whatever will make a big difference, let alone everything else.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fhqwhgads posted:

Did you save over the save file you had before the boss of B?

Having to dig my chips out of the infinite spawn pit in the desert meant I, from then on, if immediately reloaded if I died

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

weird that after all my passive spoiling and intentional self spoiling, no one ever mentioned the ro-shi/ko-shi quick swap battle near the end. you'd think people would mention it more, i've never seen a game do that and was genuinely surprised and impressed.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Relin posted:

weird that after all my passive spoiling and intentional self spoiling, no one ever mentioned the ro-shi/ko-shi quick swap battle near the end. you'd think people would mention it more, i've never seen a game do that and was genuinely surprised and impressed.

I think its overshadowed by all the crazy poo poo that happens near the end but true, it was really cool. You could put a similar gimmick in Bayonetta or Devil May Cry and it would look pretty awesome.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

in Resident Evil: Revelations 2, in the final boss you get to switch between your two primary characters and it's loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Relin posted:

I've brought it up a time or two. It's one of the things I think of when saying the game saves a lot of its best tricks for endgame.