Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

I've been leveling RDM through fate grinding to get all the vendors to rank 3. I have 4/6 zones at rank 3 and I'm level 77.

Pretty painless, honestly, especially since FATE parties are super easy to fill right now. Everyone wants to finish their ranks.

Yep! Can seem daunting at first but it's really not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know WHM is generally considered better than AST right now but which does everyone find more fun to play? I like the flavor of AST more but I love the weapons and outfits for WHM.

I've running both at max level right now. AST is super busy and you're always hitting poo poo between your cds and cards. More fun when I'm in the mood for that, but feels less potent.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I loved this scene as well.

I switched to longer hair specifically for Shadowbringers and I think it turned out well, though I don't have a great setup for taking screenshots.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Hopping on the bandwagon:

Now that I've finished the MSQ I'm probably planning on levelling SMN next. How is SMN after the ShB changes?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Autodrop Monteur posted:

Now that I've finished the MSQ I'm probably planning on levelling SMN next. How is SMN after the ShB changes?

Middling, based on the player satisfaction survey. BLM, SAM, PLD, and WHM are high

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Autodrop Monteur posted:

Manic. There's probably a rhythm to settle into after you've been playing it for a while, but there's a lot of buttons to mash.

Personally I don't find Egi Assaults satisfying to press; Egi damage is extremely low right now. I imagine it balances out well enough with all the other toys we have now, but it still doesn't feel great to press Egi Assault and see your pet slap an enemy for pitiful damage.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Caidin posted:

Is filling your Hunting Log something you should actively pursue or is it more of an if your in the area thing?

Fairly late, but Hunting Logs are pretty much something you use for quick shot of XP in between combat levequests while getting a new class to 16, at that point you can start running LDR instead.

Autodrop Monteur posted:

At the start of a fight you have the following oGCDs you have to weave in:

Tri-Disaster, Bane (vs trash), Egi Assault 1, Egi Assault 2, Enkindle, Energy Drain/Syphon, Fester/Painflare, Devotion, Addle, Dreadwyrm Trance

Basically you start double weaving and you don't stop until you're partway through Bahamut.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Here's my guy

What a cool ending. DRG's AF4 is less cool, though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i’m a page behind on the thread but i wanna jump on the bandwagon of everyone posting The final battle image

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im noticing a serious lack of cat dads in these pics

cat dad is disappointed

Kaubocks posted:

i’m a page behind on the thread but i wanna jump on the bandwagon of everyone posting The final battle image

except you, you make me proud

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

isk posted:

Middling, based on the player satisfaction survey. BLM, SAM, PLD, and WHM are high

Was this on Reddit or something? I'd be interested in poking through those results

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ibblebibble posted:

We sharing these now?

Hell of a climax.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Was this on Reddit or something? I'd be interested in poking through those results

Yep!

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Might as well join the bandwagon

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Okay SOMEBODY has to have taken that screenshot in the ghost costume, cough it up.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

im noticing a serious lack of cat dads in these pics

cat dad is disappointed

except you, you make me proud

i love cat dad

https://twitter.com/kaubocks/status/1147308270668795905?s=21

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I've been camping Archaeotania on Ultros all day so I hope I didn't miss this bandwagon

I'm proud of you, buddy.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Okay SOMEBODY has to have taken that screenshot in the ghost costume, cough it up.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
So my chocobo hit rank 10 and I see from googling that I need to buy Thavnairian Onion to get him to the next rank. However, those are a whopping 600k a piece on my server! Is that normal? Is that worth it? (I guess that's a personal opinion question.)

Am I able to use the world visit feature to buy from other servers' auction houses? Or is the whole data center on the same AH anyway?

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Alright I guess I'll bandwagon too - though poo poo I need a new computer to get fancier screenshots. MSQ spoilers below!

Honestly Shadowbringers is easily my favorite expansion of the lot. Heavensward comes in second, then Stormblood.

Need to figure out what to level for my DPS alt, I guess my SAM since it's already at 70.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

queef anxiety posted:

yeah im worried about doing this soon. spamming dungeons does not sound fun.

Uh, yeah, don't spam.

Do daily leveling at minimum. Beyond that, you have the other roulettes that can give a decent slice of exp, or else loot/glams/FC seals. Beyond that, beast tribes.

I mean, you can totally spam dungeons but why would you.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Argas posted:

Uh, yeah, don't spam.

Do daily leveling at minimum. Beyond that, you have the other roulettes that can give a decent slice of exp, or else loot/glams/FC seals. Beyond that, beast tribes.

I mean, you can totally spam dungeons but why would you.

idk it was the recommendation i got to level fast and im a dumb wow refugee. i'll probably just end up fishing for a bit and chilling.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

BisbyWorl posted:

At the start of a fight you have the following oGCDs you have to weave in:

Tri-Disaster, Bane (vs trash), Egi Assault 1, Egi Assault 2, Enkindle, Energy Drain/Syphon, Fester/Painflare, Devotion, Addle, Dreadwyrm Trance

Basically you start double weaving and you don't stop until you're partway through Bahamut.

isk posted:

Magil Zeal posted:

Manic. There's probably a rhythm to settle into after you've been playing it for a while, but there's a lot of buttons to mash.

Personally I don't find Egi Assaults satisfying to press; Egi damage is extremely low right now. I imagine it balances out well enough with all the other toys we have now, but it still doesn't feel great to press Egi Assault and see your pet slap an enemy for pitiful damage.

Ah, that's a shame. I did really like SMN in Stormblood. From what I read here it sounds really frontloaded now and very piano-y without the payoff to match for it.
I should just play around a bit myself and see if I like it. I'm just really enjoying the new MCH as is.

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.
Can't not join in on this bandwagon since finishing the MSQ today.

DRG AF4 set is stunning, can't wait to get it recolored.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So my chocobo hit rank 10 and I see from googling that I need to buy Thavnairian Onion to get him to the next rank. However, those are a whopping 600k a piece on my server! Is that normal? Is that worth it? (I guess that's a personal opinion question.)

Am I able to use the world visit feature to buy from other servers' auction houses? Or is the whole data center on the same AH anyway?
You can world visit to shop around, but keep in mind so can everyone else. If you have cash to burn it might be worth it. If you have some patience you might consider growing them yourself.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Haha SCH and AST :allears:

I what do people dislike about WAR?

I like 5.0 SMN better than 4.0 SMN but that's a super low bar, it's still not fun to play for me. Aetherflow is the biggest issue IMO, but all the egi actions that seem to only have a tiny effect don't help. A lot of busywork for little gain.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Autodrop Monteur posted:

Ah, that's a shame. I did really like SMN in Stormblood. From what I read here it sounds really frontloaded now and very piano-y without the payoff to match for it.
I should just play around a bit myself and see if I like it. I'm just really enjoying the new MCH as is.

It doesn't help that Energy Drain is a button you also need to press every 30s for optimal performance and has very low potency attached to it. I have the same issue with it as Egi Assaults.

At this point I'd rather they ditched the whole aetherflow mechanic for SMNs, along with Fester/Painflare, beef up the egis to do a lot more damage and maybe give them back a third ability. With the removal of Aethertrail it no longer really fits into the cycle as cleanly and feels a bit tacked onto the "summoner" concept. Or do something to make the whole thing feel better.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

WAR doesn't get much new tools really. The self healing on Steel Cyclone and Inner Beast got removed. As a replacement you get a level 76 ability that restores your health as you do damage.
Its update just isn't as exciting compared to other classes and I imagine some people missing the stance dancing + big WAR HP numbers.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Doesn't PBC still have a stash of onions that officers hand out? I finished my bird years ago and only asked for an onion once but it was a thing.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Algid posted:

Doesn't PBC still have a stash of onions that officers hand out? I finished my bird years ago and only asked for an onion once but it was a thing.

There's some left. Lots got et during the BLU leveling rush.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cursed to have taken mine mid-blink

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I enjoy (Eulmore 77 spoilies) Ran'jit's quiet, uncelebrated death. It seems appropriate. Not even a dying speech.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

He does get a dying line its something along the lines of "Ahhhh, there are my girls...."

Also he may not be dead, one of the NPCs you can talk to during the aftermath comments that his body disappeared

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok so from around the time you fight Shiva the MSQ really picks up huh? Suddenly good voice acting, the story seems to be picking up and leading into HW, the fights get really cool and intricate. The missile spam Midgard fight was awesome, and the shiva fight when she froze the whole party then did her signature snap and the anime theme song kicked in - this game seems good guys

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Congrats you're finally getting to the good stuff.

And yeah switching to the (British?) VA studio they use currently did wonders for things.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I have learned a valuable lesson today: never go into the level 71 Trust as a DPS when you're still using a level 66 weapon. Not recommended.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ok so from around the time you fight Shiva the MSQ really picks up huh? Suddenly good voice acting, the story seems to be picking up and leading into HW, the fights get really cool and intricate. The missile spam Midgard fight was awesome, and the shiva fight when she froze the whole party then did her signature snap and the anime theme song kicked in - this game seems good guys

Yeah once you get to Shiva things stay good and just get better.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So I didn't take that screenshot, but I did take a really good one while I was in awe of the final story dungeon. Spoiler tags don't actually seem to hide images for me, presumably because of CSS fuckery I'm employing to make the forums not look like hot garbage, so on the off chance anyone else is doing that same poo poo I am I'm going to link the actual screenshot in question like so to be on the safe side.

MSQ was a wild fuckin' ride.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

A general thought about the story so far. Which I'm spoilering mostly out of courtesy even if it's mostly about how the First gets presented.

I appreciate that despite being an enormous mega-apocalypse that beggars the imagination, it was clear that the people in Norvrandt didn't just sit in the ruins and feel sorry for themselves. While obviously some did, society seemed to vaguely scrape itself together; we see colorful media products intended to help teach children, Eulmore apparently was a major city until Vauthry took over and took a fat dump, etc. While perhaps the Crystarium was the nucleus of this, it seems clear that they weren't the only thing going on; people were actually attempting to live, and it seems like it took generations, and possibly literal evil magic, for people to actually fully give up rather than attempting to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wanted an outfit that felt like actual armor, with leather and plate.

I'm very happy with the results.