Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I've been running it just for that extra second of survival on the first flower drop of ESO, but hey, I'll take an Intensify if it'll make no difference. Will try that out because 323 Strength is the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Wisp only has 150 armor, don't bother with Umbral Fiber.

There's a reasonable argument for not putting survivability mods on her at all, but if you do, Vitality + Adaptation will get you better results.

Fiber will make Intensify even better tho.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Something worth noting, this month's Discord Nitro bundle is a massive pile of Saryn stuff including Saryn herself, her deluxe skin and weapons skins. Saryn is one of the bad grinds in the game so that's a pretty nice thing to get for $10.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Can you link discord nitro to q console Warframe account?

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013
Admittedly, being slightly argumentative due to boredom...

Mailer posted:

You'd have to contrive a ruleset that forces people to be extremely slow and then A) you'd get feedback worse than the 2019 Nightwave FOMO Crisis and B) no one would ever run it unless they were absolutely 100% forced to.

If slow/stealthy were optimal (or even near parity), then people would do it. Arguably, Warframe's problem is that everything boils down to kills/minute.

FWIW, there was a period when stealth play was the optimal way to grind focus, and everyone (happily?) ran solo stealth missions.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's not a bad example. there was a time in warframe when bosses didn't have invuln phases like this, and things were even worse -- it basically just meant that every boss was like what The Sergeant or Phorid are now. as bad as invuln phases are for other, perpendicular reasons (you should never give the player dead time in the middle of a fight where nothing they do matters) they're an improvement in the sense that everyone gets to at least feel like they're interacting with the boss

IMHO, the tank bosses are just implemented poorly. They should scale eHPs off some measure of group power e.g., highest number of mods in an equipped weapon. Or more simply, highest MR in the group.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

njsykora posted:

Something worth noting, this month's Discord Nitro bundle is a massive pile of Saryn stuff including Saryn herself, her deluxe skin and weapons skins. Saryn is one of the bad grinds in the game so that's a pretty nice thing to get for $10.

except for when it absolutely doesn’t want to detect that you have discord nitro and you can’t get the fuckin bundle

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Hey, I (finally) installed the Warframe app on my telephone, and it's really cool, being able to look at information and manage my foundry stuff. :swoon:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

gaj70 posted:

IMHO, the tank bosses are just implemented poorly. They should scale eHPs off some measure of group power e.g., highest number of mods in an equipped weapon. Or more simply, highest MR in the group.

no, that's a horrible idea. neither MR nor number of mods equipped are even close to being good ways of estimating power, and creating an incentive to fit fewer mods or not raise MR would be a disaster.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

prefect posted:

Hey, I (finally) installed the Warframe app on my telephone, and it's really cool, being able to look at information and manage my foundry stuff. :swoon:

I wish it wouldn't log you out of your session if you opened the app.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I'm so excited for this game becoming five more games.

By the way, did those simaris promo codes only work for the weekend of TennoCon? I tried entering them today and it just keeps telling me the codes are invalid. :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

prefect posted:

it's pretty convenient being able to start the wukong prime build process from your phone while getting coffee, yeah

among the many things Warframe does right is having a functional, if not perfect, mobile app because managing all that poo poo can be overwhelming. Looking at you, Division 2 :mad:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ritznit posted:

I'm so excited for this game becoming five more games.

By the way, did those simaris promo codes only work for the weekend of TennoCon? I tried entering them today and it just keeps telling me the codes are invalid. :(

They were meant to be only active during that panel where they were given out, but since the website had a complete breakdown almost immediately Rebb said they'll be activated again soon either during a Prime Time or Devstream.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

prefect posted:

Best thing about the app is the notifications when alerts are up. Granted 90% of the functionality is useless now nightwave has restructured the rewatd system, but it's nice for special alerts, gifts of the lotus etc that you might otherwise miss.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Unperson_47 posted:

I wish it wouldn't log you out of your session if you opened the app.

So I won't be able to use it at the same time as I'm playing the game?

Boo. :mad:

(I was particularly interested in having codex info on my phone to help my slow brain.)

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

njsykora posted:

They were meant to be only active during that panel where they were given out, but since the website had a complete breakdown almost immediately Rebb said they'll be activated again soon either during a Prime Time or Devstream.

That's a relief, thank you! For once, DE's poo poo breaking everywhere is a good thing for me.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

prefect posted:

So I won't be able to use it at the same time as I'm playing the game?

Boo. :mad:

(I was particularly interested in having codex info on my phone to help my slow brain.)

Yeah, careful as people have had their accounts locked due to having multiple simultaneous logins. It should just kick you out, but sometimes if flags it as hacking shenanigans
Annoying, especially if they take over a week to answering the ticket

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Best thing about the app is the notifications when alerts are up. Granted 90% of the functionality is useless now nightwave has restructured the rewatd system, but it's nice for special alerts, gifts of the lotus etc that you might otherwise miss.

Best thing about the app is never missing out on the extractor jackpot.

Well poo poo...

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I kinda fell off the map with this game to play some old school iso RPGs. Is the tennocon going on right now and can I get access to all the snooty mods from the Space Bergdorf Goodman rep?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Moral_Hazard posted:

I kinda fell off the map with this game to play some old school iso RPGs. Is the tennocon going on right now and can I get access to all the snooty mods from the Space Bergdorf Goodman rep?

If you pay $25 minimum, yes. The Digital Pack goes away tomorrow and Baro goes away Thursday night.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You've missed Tennocon entirely but like Orv says Space Giftman is still around for a bit.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

except for when it absolutely doesn’t want to detect that you have discord nitro and you can’t get the fuckin bundle

It's an unbelievable pain in the rear end and I'm not trying to let discord off the hook here (and you may already know this, but this is for anyone who doesn't) but there's a workaround for that - make a desktop shortcut to the launcher.exe file in steamapps\common\warframe\tools\, then add
code:
-cluster:public -registry:Discord
to the end of the Target box. Launch Warframe using that shortcut and it should allow you to claim the Nitro rewards (go to market, search for Nitro).

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Whoops! Totally forgot to watch twitch to get that ephemera! Ah well.

It finally happened, I'm finally getting true burn out. I'm considering reinstalling ffxiv for the latest expansion

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I watched 2 hours of the preamble and all of the devstream, still no free stuff.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I watched 2 hours of the preamble and all of the devstream, still no free stuff.
DE chat in-game said to give it a week to trickle out. This stuff can take time, you might just be last in line.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I figured. According to reddit they had about twice as many viewers as fortnite, so it'll probably take them a while to get round to us console peasants.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got the Lotus ephemera almost instantly, but had to wait a few hours for my Nekros.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i got both of my things earlier the other day and i wasn't even sure if i would since my stream kept cutting out, so people are probably fine as long as they were linked up and logged in to twitch

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Does affinity overflow to weapons if your frame is 30? My Rhino is 4 days out and my excalibur is 30, so if it just disappears into the ether, that'd make me sad.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Does Nekros Prime come with the $25 Tennocon pass or was that only available by watching the stream?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Does affinity overflow to weapons if your frame is 30? My Rhino is 4 days out and my excalibur is 30, so if it just disappears into the ether, that'd make me sad.

No, excess affinity is basically lost unless you have a focus lens, which converts excess affinity into focus points.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Does Nekros Prime come with the $25 Tennocon pass or was that only available by watching the stream?

it was specifically a twitch drop for watching during the tennolive event where they showed all the new stuff

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

it was specifically a twitch drop for watching during the tennolive event where they showed all the new stuff

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gaj70 posted:

If slow/stealthy were optimal (or even near parity), then people would do it. Arguably, Warframe's problem is that everything boils down to kills/minute.

Well, yeah, that's what I meant by forcing it. People, in general, would still optimize around that to try to be slow in the fastest and/or easiest they could while still getting maximum benefit. If you like that slower pace then it sucks that most people don't, but that's just a majority opinion and not a core flaw in the game you can fix.

Sidenote: If you absolutely can't get a group for ESO that isn't non-killframes going two rounds and quitting then Equinox Adaro farming is still better for focus. That's not slow gameplay though. That's rapid fire putting everything in range to sleep and speeding through the map oneshotting dudes.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

njsykora posted:

No, excess affinity is basically lost unless you have a focus lens, which converts excess affinity into focus points.

:sad:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Warframe offers 250000$ prize so a player can go into space but the selection of eligible countries is oddly limited. Hehe, Canadians are elegible except for residents of Quebec, très désolé lol

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Quebec usually gets left out of contests like that cause theyre french and have hosed up laws

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sekenr posted:

Warframe offers 250000$ prize so a player can go into space but the selection of eligible countries is oddly limited. Hehe, Canadians are elegible except for residents of Quebec, très désolé lol

It's cause their anti-gambling laws also make sweepstakes much harder to run so people just don't bother

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Adolf Glitter posted:

Yeah, careful as people have had their accounts locked due to having multiple simultaneous logins. It should just kick you out, but sometimes if flags it as hacking shenanigans
Annoying, especially if they take over a week to answering the ticket
I've had the game log me out of the app literally hundreds of times without issues.

Though the first time i logged into the app while ingame it cost me 20 minutes of quest progress because the game cannot log you back in after the app kicks you off without restarting.

The app has some other odd restrictions, but for a few things like basic foundry things or checking invasion/sortie status it's super handy.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Hey, do you have to have a certain mastery level to claim the Nekros Prime? Because I'm only mastery level 7 and I'll be GOD-loving-DAMNED if I'm gonna watch a stream for a game I enjoy WITHOUT DUE loving COMPENSATION.

Sekenr posted:

Ha! Eat it you Francophone bastards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hey, do you have to have a certain mastery level to claim the Nekros Prime? Because I'm only mastery level 7 and I'll be GOD-loving-DAMNED if I'm gonna watch a stream for a game I enjoy WITHOUT DUE loving COMPENSATION.

stream already happened two days ago

otherwise no, anything bought with plat from DE or awarded does not follow MR requirements, only things you craft or riven mods