Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Love to add another game to my gaming raid schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I thought it was mentioned that you can participate with NPC teammates if you aren't able to go online.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Oxyclean posted:

I'm going to be cranky if everyone embraces the whipped cream pokemon after making GBS threads on the ice cream pokemon for several years.

Whipped cream pokemon is a pokemon that's whipped cream. Ice cream pokemon is ice cream that's a pokemon. Subtle distinction.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh hey, I literally groused about Pokemon sending a lame message of "some pokemon just suck" with the IV system, good to see they're doubling down in it.

Licarn posted:

Whipped cream pokemon is a pokemon that's whipped cream. Ice cream pokemon is ice cream that's a pokemon. Subtle distinction.

If you can't love pokemon at it's Vanillite, you don't deserve it at it's Alcremie.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 8, 2019

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Shuckle is like a turtle fungus on a coral shell? Anyways it’s not food and is actually the best pokemon ever made.

It ferments berries into its shell into 'berry juice'. Sorry but it has food based gimmick, it has to go.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

iospace posted:

Isn't Shuckle berry based?

and Tropius is bananas, Cherubi is cherries, Tsareena is mangosteen

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Yeah, gently caress that. I've never interacted with the online portion of any pokemon game and I'm not about to start now. I've never even done any "raid" in a game before for fucks sake

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

It is almost impressive how consistently GF manages to be absolute fuckups at every possible opportunity.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shuckle eats the berries to make powerful toxins shuckle is not a berry tree or whatever. Please don’t libel my good and real friend Shuckle or he will end you.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also expect this to be time locked so you can only do them once a week!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I thought Shuckle was supposed to be a sentient slime mold living in a rock for protection? It's a fun and novel idea for a pokemon at least.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I agree that Shuckle is not a food pokemon, but disagree in that food pokemon are good

The only bad pokemon are Lucario and Lopunny, so sayeth the Lord

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Welp, they heard all that clamoring for "we want a Pokemon MMO!" and implemented the worst parts first.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

YOURFRIEND posted:

Yeah, gently caress that. I've never interacted with the online portion of any pokemon game and I'm not about to start now. I've never even done any "raid" in a game before for fucks sake

your loss, bye

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

less laughter posted:

your loss, bye

Okay gamefreak incorporated

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oxyclean posted:

I'm going to be cranky if everyone embraces the whipped cream pokemon after making GBS threads on the ice cream pokemon for several years.

Boy do I have some bad news for you...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Icicles that resemble ice cream are good and cool but Galarian Slurpuff is eh.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mef989 posted:

I thought it was mentioned that you can participate with NPC teammates if you aren't able to go online.

You can, yeah. Pray npcs are good enough and grind these ten minute raids.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

We can't have the whole National Dex because of all the new models we have to make for this game. Also good luck seeing these new models for yourself, assholes.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

YOURFRIEND posted:

can you sound any more like an 80 year old

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I cannot believe how they manage to make me less and less excited for a new pokemon game with every new bit of info

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You can, yeah. Pray npcs are good enough and grind these ten minute raids.

It's still a pokemon game and will be designed for literal kids to beat these.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

less laughter posted:

your loss, bye

wow, way to defend the lazy billion dollar corporation

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Wow that really sucks

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

quote:

Flying-type moves used by Gigantamax Corviknight will change to G-Max Wind Rage. G-Max Wind Rage deals damage to an opponent, but that’s not all—it will also remove any effects of moves like Reflect, Light Screen, Spikes, and Electric Terrain that the opponents may have!

Gigantamax lasts 3 turns lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gunna be a lot poke cloning for those giga pokemon instead of raiding

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Please gamefreak give us a counter to stealth rock

*finger on the monkey's paw closes*

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

quote:

Water-type moves used by Gigantamax Drednaw will change to G-Max Stonesurge. G-Max Stonesurge doesn’t just deal damage to an opponent—it will scatter sharp rocks around the opponent and cause Pokémon entering the battlefield to take damage!

Sssssssssstealth rockkkkkkkkkk

I know someone will say "stealth rock is fine in doubles and that's the format game freak cares about" but if game freak cares about doubles more than singles why is 99% of the story single battles! Why did they abandon the Colosseum doubles-only format after introducing more abilities and moves that only matter in doubles!

Also game-exclusive gym leaders is super hosed up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the new mons are very very good, dynamaxing still corny and gigantamaxing, eh, I'll have to see more to have a real opinion on it besides "eh." the graphics only look like a slight improvement from US/UM (which I've said look very good, to be clear, just idk if it's enough of an improvement for me to buy that they didn't have the resources to do all Pokemons). Nessa and Bea and Allister are cool

e: also "gigantamaxing" is such a stupid name. they should have taken a few more pitches on that

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Raiding sounds kind of fun though? I’m not sure how the connecting with other people online will work, but I wouldn’t mind being a part of a goon group that cruises for Gigantamax mons.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Raiding sounds kind of fun though? I’m not sure how the connecting with other people online will work, but I wouldn’t mind being a part of a goon group that cruises for Gigantamax mons.

same. I'm hopeful that they'll knock this aspect of it out of the park. they usually have a couple home run ideas per generation and hopefully the raiding will be one of them

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Im curious how ivs will work on raid battle pokes will work

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

Oh hey, I literally groused about Pokemon sending a lame message of "some pokemon just suck" with the IV system, good to see they're doubling down in it.

Remember, the secret to pokemon is love, pour your friendship into your pokemon and bond with it to make it truly strong! And also throw it away after 30 levels for a replacement from the same species that has the gigantamax flag enabled.

Ometeotl posted:

We can't have the whole National Dex because of all the new models we have to make for this game. Also good luck seeing these new models for yourself, assholes.

Hey they also had to make all the new models for the dynamax pokemon!

(apparently they're distinct models that look the same but are bigger rather than just rendering the old ones at 500% size, because gamefreak)

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm curious how more than one person can catch the Raid pokemon.

If raiding turns into literal World of Warcraft raiding where you have to farm regularly with only 1 person getting the gear/pokemon at a time, I'm gonna fuckin' die laughing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Procrastine posted:

Sssssssssstealth rockkkkkkkkkk

I know someone will say "stealth rock is fine in doubles and that's the format game freak cares about" but if game freak cares about doubles more than singles why is 99% of the story single battles! Why did they abandon the Colosseum doubles-only format after introducing more abilities and moves that only matter in doubles!

Also game-exclusive gym leaders is super hosed up

We had exclusive gyms in B/W technically with Iris/Drayden and SuMo had a ton of exclusive Totems. Its not really unprecedented

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
People seem to forget Gen 5 exists imo

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Remember, the secret to pokemon is love, pour your friendship into your pokemon and bond with it to make it truly strong! And also throw it away after 30 levels for a replacement from the same species that has the gigantamax flag enabled.

But what's more, is once you get that one with the flag enabled, you'll chain breed it for many generations and iterations until it has the right nature, IVs and egg moves.

Having a big incentive/reward for Max Raid Battles, particularly for pokemon you can otherwise obtain more easily isn't bad from a game design perspective, it's A) still funny in regards to a particular ethos of pokemon as we just outlined and b) totally dependent on how rare they are, and if you can raid battle with people remotely.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I can't remember if they said anything about online, but so far, you don't need a paid Nintendo Online account for SwoShi, correct?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

But what's more, is once you get that one with the flag enabled, you'll chain breed it for many generations and iterations until it has the right nature, IVs and egg moves.

Having a big incentive/reward for Max Raid Battles, particularly for pokemon you can otherwise obtain more easily isn't bad from a game design perspective, it's A) still funny in regards to a particular ethos of pokemon as we just outlined and b) totally dependent on how rare they are, and if you can raid battle with people remotely.

Watch the gigantamaxing flag not being inherited through breeding, resulting in having to raid even more.
Or just do like smart battlers do and save edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Make more food Pokémon

If you think about it all Pokemon are food Pokemon.