Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Slay nazbol queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

prefect posted:

This latest Inebriated Past is good stuff. Matt would have been a kick-rear end teacher.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, Matt's history episodes deserve a wider audience.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Martian Manfucker posted:

next let's get amber fired!!!!!

If youre basically saying that talking about the problems facing sexual minorities and poc are bad, then whats the problem?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
would never have donated 5$ to the patreon if I had known that at some point one of the eight hosts would eventually say something that I disagreed with

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

Serves her right for having a weird opinion. Nobody who disagrees with me is allowed to have a job.

on the contrary they should all have the same job: breaking rocks in the re-education camp

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The amber defenders have logged on

PS. If y'all ever wonder why online leftist spaces are rather white, upper class, and boringly cishet? It's you. You are the reason.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

For a podcast as good as this one is its strange how every big debate that erupts in this thread is so loving boring.

Serf
May 5, 2011

“Attention, must be devoted principally to raising the workers to the level of revolutionaries; it is not our task to descend to the level of the 'working masses'.” - Vladimir Lenin

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

T-man posted:

PS. If y'all ever wonder why online leftist spaces are rather white, upper class, and boringly cishet? It's you. You are the reason.

You're welcome.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

T-man posted:

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

T-man posted:

boringly cishet

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
for the crime of hearing a bad opinion and not having a mental breakdown over it, you are sentenced to death

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The CoC episodes would be better if Will wasn't the only one half-decent at playing

virgil's a good DM

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

I like how this assumes Epstein took a bold stand against the blackmailers, leading to his arrest, instead of immediately giving them $100 million like any reasonable person would do if you had a billion dollars. Or is this claiming that Epstein was blackmailing other people?

edit: in the replies, MAGA people are bragging that trump never rode on epstein's plane. Trump would be furious at anyone who suggests he's not jeff epstein's best friend and closest confidante

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

T-man posted:

Turn your monitor back on

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017
Can we call them something else like Frosties (cause she likes snow, man), just not Amberites, sounds like a mouth full of bread. Maybe Frostky would be worse

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

Can we call them something else like Frosties (cause she likes snow, man), just not Amberites, sounds like a mouth full of bread. Maybe Frostky would be worse

those who say they like amber, but fold when asked to endorse her most problematic ideas, are Frosted Flakes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

Ambergers.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

We should still Nationalize the Whole Food Hot Bar and all you revisionists better watch out.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

T-man posted:

lmao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I am a patron of the Red Scare podcast so I’m a radical Amberite.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
how many yall like podcasts

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Zhulik posted:

too boringly cishet

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Zhulik posted:

Me from the back of an empty room: "wooooooo"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Zhulik posted:

*raises paw*

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

A’leeders of the Free World

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol felix screaming over bret stephens is so good.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol felix screaming over bret stephens is so good.

I laughed out loud at work over that and texted my brother to see if he had listened to that part yet. Matt has great outbursts but when the other Chapo’s go off, it’s such a rare treat that it catches me off guard.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I like how this assumes Epstein took a bold stand against the blackmailers, leading to his arrest, instead of immediately giving them $100 million like any reasonable person would do if you had a billion dollars. Or is this claiming that Epstein was blackmailing other people?

edit: in the replies, MAGA people are bragging that trump never rode on epstein's plane. Trump would be furious at anyone who suggests he's not jeff epstein's best friend and closest confidante

I must have read the tweet backwards; I thought he was saying that Epstein was blackmailing everyone else.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

prefect posted:

I must have read the tweet backwards; I thought he was saying that Epstein was blackmailing everyone else.

Maybe it's me who read the tweet backwards. He's being vague so he can semi-plausibly deny he's saying anything bad, so it's hard to even see the implication

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Maybe it's me who read the tweet backwards. He's being vague so he can semi-plausibly deny he's saying anything bad, so it's hard to even see the implication

That's probably right -- the more interpretations you can have, the more people it can appeal to/the more confused you can claim the other side is.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Boywhiz88 posted:

I laughed out loud at work over that and texted my brother to see if he had listened to that part yet. Matt has great outbursts but when the other Chapo’s go off, it’s such a rare treat that it catches me off guard.

I like the one where Virgil started raving about "you are a DUMB BABY! If I wanted to engage with you, I'd wiggle my keys in your face!"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Was Virgil talking about Meghan McCain or McArdle when he said that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think it was one of McCain's many 'guys why doesn't the democratic party ENGAGE with me????' type things

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Had to go back and check. Apparently it's episode 224, Cortez the Killer:

"If you believe [a market-based, modest expansion of] health insurance availability in the country is a radical-left proposal, you're a baby. You're a dumb baby. I don't care what you believe. I don't need your vote. I don't want to talk to you. If I wanted to impress you or court you, I would dangle my keys in front of you. You're a dumb loving baby. gently caress off!"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

T-man posted:

Kinda odd how the friendless weirdo who puts the "white" in "white noise posting" is complaining about boring people

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

T-man posted:

Wow I'm shocked shocked shocked that it's the woman chapo you don't like, quelle surprise. Big coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Hopefully they'll mention this in an upcoming episode:

The Intercept: PENNSYLVANIA LAWMAKERS MOVE TO STRIP REFORMIST PROSECUTOR LARRY KRASNER OF AUTHORITY