Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

The LG OLEDs are as good as advertised.

Especially if you spring for the UHD blurays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I bought a ticket to see Alison Krauss in October.

It'll be my fourth time seeing her live.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
20-30 kg of stainless steel from the scrap yard

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

I bought a ticket to see Alison Krauss in October.

It'll be my fourth time seeing her live.

... *reads thread title*

What a .... lovely purchase you've made.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I bought a Google Home Max. They're $250 now, down from $300. I think the Sonos 5 has a bit better sound but certainly not twice as good. I mainly got it because Sonos speakers are horrible for traveling -- you basically have to reset the entire thing and manually link it to a new WiFi, and if you forget to unlink it, it'll stay there forever. Google Home stuff is way easier for that and guest access.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Glottis posted:

I bought a Google Home Max. They're $250 now, down from $300. I think the Sonos 5 has a bit better sound but certainly not twice as good. I mainly got it because Sonos speakers are horrible for traveling -- you basically have to reset the entire thing and manually link it to a new WiFi, and if you forget to unlink it, it'll stay there forever. Google Home stuff is way easier for that and guest access.

I am curious, you got the home max for traveling? What all do you use it for when you travel?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I really like those fruit shirts and the sale is making it hard to say no.
The non sales prices of those shirts are insane. The sale prices seem what they should be normally holy poo poo.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

fyallm posted:

I am curious, you got the home max for traveling? What all do you use it for when you travel?

It's for home and traveling. I already have a network of Chromecast speakers and it replaced an older speaker + chromecast audio.

When I'm traveling (by car) to a rental house or something I'll bring it because a lot of rentals have no music setup, or a lovely music setup, and I like music. If I'm just gonna be by myself I just use headphones most likely. If I'm there with a bunch of people, it works great because anyone can hop on there, vs. a bluetooth speaker where you'd have to pair to it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Coredump posted:

The non sales prices of those shirts are insane. The sale prices seem what they should be normally holy poo poo.

If this store is like any of the retailers that pop up on my Instagram ads I expect that's just a marketing ploy. Everything is "up to 70% off!!!1"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Got me a new probe thermometer as the Kitchenaid one fell apart after only a couple uses. Gonna cook me up a lot of meat on the smoker.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

Especially if you spring for the UHD blurays

I haven't yet bought a UHD bluray player but even the 4K streaming content like BBC's nature stuff or Salt Fat Acid Heat on netflix are just insanely beautiful in 4K on my LG.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Got me a new probe thermometer as the Kitchenaid one fell apart after only a couple uses. Gonna cook me up a lot of meat on the smoker.

Did you try taking your temperature?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Dick Trauma posted:

Did you try taking your temperature?

Username + post = sounding?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lawen posted:

Username + post = sounding?

But but but small sounds are dangerous!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

ReidRansom posted:

... *reads thread title*

What a .... lovely purchase you've made.

You have my permission to ignore the thread title.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Those things are great. Don't be an idiot and leave it out in the rain like I did / do. The base will recover after drying out but the probes won't.

Also there's a different probe attachment designed specifically for getting air temperature when smoking which works well.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Glottis posted:

Those things are great. Don't be an idiot and leave it out in the rain like I did / do. The base will recover after drying out but the probes won't.

Also there's a different probe attachment designed specifically for getting air temperature when smoking which works well.

Oh poo poo I gotta get me those, as I was planning on smoking some meats in the near future.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Books, because I need to read something that's not on a nightmare rectangle:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I bought a new watch and this time it did not break the bank

from the new Casios A700W

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I bought a new watch and this time it did not break the bank

That's going to be the classiest IED ever defused.

A real step up from the F91W

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
100 kilos of scrap steel:

Doesn't look like 100kg but we weighed it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Coredump posted:

Right, considering the mark of a quality Aloha shirt is that the front pocket matches the rest of the pattern :eng101:

https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/hawaiian-shirts-articles-of-interest-4/

(That banana one though is rad, I want one)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

If this store is like any of the retailers that pop up on my Instagram ads I expect that's just a marketing ploy. Everything is "up to 70% off!!!1"

I clicked on an IG ad for something the other day, for something that was like 80% off!! down to 25$. Meanwhile, on amazon, the same thing from a dozen different Chinese “brands” was normally 5$. Same thing for the “it’s free! just pay shipping and handling for 12$” or something, and the actual thing is 2-3$ anywhere else. Instagram ads are a whole nother level of stupidity.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Tickets to see Jade Bird in the fall. Really have been enjoying her album.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
A 1-DIN plastic radio surround for the radio in the van - that's going to be modified into a 2-DIN surround.

Also two used backdoors for the same van - the current ones are quite dented and rusty.

In total it cost me $100 for the parts. At least now I klnow what to do in my holidays :D

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Kidney Stone posted:

A 1-DIN plastic radio surround for the radio in the van - that's going to be modified into a 2-DIN surround.

Also two used backdoors for the same van - the current ones are quite dented and rusty.

In total it cost me $100 for the parts. At least now I klnow what to do in my holidays :D

When can we see how the shag carpeting looks?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

I bought this because I'm constantly taking my kids to the gym and sometimes I work out in a plate carrier that has some extra room for velcro.

Added on this too:

EAT FASTER!!!!!! has a new favorite as of 20:22 on Jul 11, 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
you're either incredibly naive or not nearly as subtle as you think you are

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah just get the "LEATHER" patch to go above it already.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm taking this word back as an actual father of actual children.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I bought this because I'm constantly taking my kids to the gym and sometimes I work out in a plate carrier that has some extra room for velcro.

Added on this too:

Please tell me you have a standard weighted vest instead of a full-blown :bustem: plate carrier you use at the gym. I mean, I have several real plate carriers & I still got a regular weighted vest because I don't want to be "that guy" at the gym.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Please tell me you have a standard weighted vest instead of a full-blown :bustem: plate carrier you use at the gym. I mean, I have several real plate carriers & I still got a regular weighted vest because I don't want to be "that guy" at the gym.

Sorry bro, I'm FULLY loving TACTICOOL when I'm doing my workouts.

I bought a Condor and I like it so much I might buy a 5.11 with real ballistic plates (for when the poo poo hits the fan, obviously).

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Sorry bro, I'm FULLY loving TACTICOOL when I'm doing my workouts.

I bought a Condor and I like it so much I might buy a 5.11 with real ballistic plates (for when the poo poo hits the fan, obviously).

May I also suggest you consider changing your kid's gym to one that doesn't require body armour?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What is this supposed to mean :confused:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's probably some nonsense phrase a Japanese guy thought sounded rebellious

Tetsuoooooooooooooooo

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

:goonsay:
It's completely impractical to roll up a leather jacket at the sleeves, esp with armoured elbows

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kaneda's elbows are about to E.X.P.L.O.D.E.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

TheMaskedUgly posted:

:goonsay:
It's completely impractical to roll up a leather jacket at the sleeves, esp with armoured elbows

Says the guy with his name not embroidered on his pants.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Shut up Meg posted:

May I also suggest you consider changing your kid's gym to one that doesn't require body armour?

That's the downside of high school gyms

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Mu Zeta posted:

It's probably some nonsense phrase a Japanese guy thought sounded rebellious

Tetsuoooooooooooooooo

I thought it was a Ritalin reference :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Pretty sure the eastern hemisphere’a slogan could easily be “meth not methylphenidate”