Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

STARCITIZEN: Do not enter the elevator as this will result in death

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
• Die immediately

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

They somehow managed to break every single default feature of Crytek.

Well... maybe not quite. CryEngine already had some weird body horror going on, like this:
http://i.imgur.com/7vraE1O.gifv

CIG simply managed to improve on that, like this:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Bofast posted:

CIG simply managed to improve on that, like this:

God Emperor of Dune movie looks pretty good imo.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Watched a YouTube of a guy checking out star citizen, as a review, touts it feeling real but then the bugs bugs bugs underplays them a little, ultimately a negative review but it felt like croberts paid him to not go full 100% why the gently caress is this game in such a sorry state with that much time/money.

I can’t see how anybody going into it impartially that knows the facts on time/money/current status wouldn’t reach the nuclear conclusion on how terrible it is unless they got paid.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

7 years in the making!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Spotted a SC hoodie in the wild, at the Seattle Museum of Flight Apollo 11 exhibit. No points for guessing the owner’s ethnicity and gender.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Someone link these people to x3/x4. No multiplayer but the loneliness should be familiar and at least x3 was complete

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

text editor posted:

Someone link these people to x3/x4. No multiplayer but the loneliness should be familiar and at least x3 was complete
those have been linked repeatedly along with other actual games - nothing else spacey has the years and years of fantasy and comically massive sunk cost buy in that star citizen does

everyone that is left is a true believer

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

text editor posted:

Mmmyeah iirc you can't jettison rape slaves into space in those games. They're games for literal babies.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

OK, so use elevators if ladders are bad, but elevators are also bad, this leaves ramps. Anyone got bug reports on ramps killing everyone and the solution being use ladders?

It would be like rock/paper/scissors and that's a classic game!

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I’m out of the loop, what lawsuits are in flight right now and who is suing who and why?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Amechwarrior posted:

OK, so use elevators if ladders are bad, but elevators are also bad, this leaves ramps. Anyone got bug reports on ramps killing everyone and the solution being use ladders?

There’s the famous ramp kill on that tank exiting a drop ship where the wheels all fly off and keep spinning in tandem into the sunset.

I recently saw a Rexzilla video where once again a squad of troops tried to exit a drop ship. The random clipping and oscillations and physics shenanigans caused the ramp to act as a massive springboard and shot several of them back into space before they fell to the planet surface. Surprisingly I don’t think there’s falling damage? So it didn’t actually kill them.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
This game is cool

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

text editor posted:

lol I think especially X is why people bought into SC because "think what X could be with more money and a larger team!"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Amechwarrior posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-brDXSQok&t=355s

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Origami Dali posted:

Those known issues read like satirical warnings a sassy but dangerous game robot would announce to the player.

It reminds me of the Dynamars information kiosk. https://www.somethingawful.com/series/dynamars-corporation-information-kiosk/

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
If there was actually a game to play here it would be amazing to just gently caress up the tryhard's RP sessions or whatever by exploiting the lovely, broken physics.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Amechwarrior posted:

Dementropy posted:

Star Citizen Alpha 3.6.0k PTU.2054859 Patch Notes

Known Issues

-Klim and Battaglia are unresponsive.
-The updated criminality and law system is only partially implemented, with some missing behavior and needed elements. We will not be describing or taking feedback on this topic just yet.
-Textures will display across the visor on some helmets.
-Depending on ship, sometimes when attempting to file an insurance claim the timer will either start with a long delay or never start at all.
-Players may get stuck at the bottom of the Vanguard's ramp. W/A: Jump off of the side of the ramp to avoid.
-There may be numerous collision and visual issues with the Vanguard.
-Hacking chips currently can't be stowed or retrieved after purchased.
-Hover mode has some impending changes/updates, we will not be taking feedback on it until those are complete.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'd say something like, if climbing doesn't work properly then why don't they just remove ladders and make you do a sick backflip into your space ship, but i imagine this has its own set of problems, such as not having any tuning on the jump velocity and you'll just catapult yourself into outer space

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Beet Wagon posted:

Starcitizen: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE ELEVATOR

please thread title

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

sebmojo posted:

STARCITIZEN: Do not enter the elevator as this will result in death

Or this , whatever's clever

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
pre:
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS – EXCEPT THE ELEVATOR.
           ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
*squinting and watching the horizon while Mark Hamill jacks the tires off my Jetta*

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Star Citizen must hold some kind of record for most players killed while attempting to sit in a chair, walk from one end of a room to another, open a door, etc. It's a deadly game alright.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Beet Wagon posted:

Starcitizen: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENTER THE ELEVATOR

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Origami Dali posted:

Those known issues read like satirical warnings a sassy but dangerous game robot would announce to the player.

gently caress now i want to play a meta game where everything is broken and you have to fight the devs

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

superior to the usa naomi watts version

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Good news, Star Citizen is actually coming out, in Warframe. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8B3O17NAs&t=948s

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Sardonik posted:

Good news, Star Citizen is actually coming out, in Warframe. :allears:
No individually loading boxes into cargo bays or cockpits and praying that they don't do physics to the ship, no moving stuff around on tables or NPCs glitching out, no giant planets full of nothing, and the elevators and ladders aren't lethal to try and use

also the doors on the ship didn't kill them

0/10 fidelity and immersion

Complications fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 7, 2019

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ok now bear with me here, what if they did a pivot and bought the rights to Paranoia and released a dystopian hell world game where it's normal for the appliances to try and kill you.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Scaramouche posted:

Ok now bear with me here, what if they did a pivot and bought the rights to Paranoia and released a dystopian hell world game where it's normal for the appliances to try and kill you.

Game of the year.

Would back again!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Scaramouche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6kp4zBF-Rc

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Scaramouche posted:

Ok now bear with me here,

:discourse:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/0xko6Oi.gifv

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

See, that's a guard that's earning his paycheck. Good loving luck sneaking up on him he's keeping watch in all directions. He believes in giving 200% to the team and is out there showing the rest of us how it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

am i missing some pun or something here because that’s the correct usage