Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I just like how Inosuke's great new idea was ... chucking his swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
These upper moons are very strong but this series handles power creep really well, I've never felt like anything was an rear end pull or that there odds seemed too impossible. I'm very interested in seeing what the top upper moon can do, and even more interested in seeing what Muzan will do next.

Also, I don't see Muzan surviving this arc. I'm guessing we either get nice demon lady doctor actually being evil, or we learn how Muzan became a demon and get something based around that.

Oh and these upper moon folks are very tough and it makes be worry for my friend Kanroji, since she should have a fight soon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There should be a new Upper 5 as well. Along with new Upper 4 Nakime.

Though presumably they should both be inferior to the old Upper 6.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

These upper moons are very strong but this series handles power creep really well, I've never felt like anything was an rear end pull or that there odds seemed too impossible. I'm very interested in seeing what the top upper moon can do, and even more interested in seeing what Muzan will do next.

Also, I don't see Muzan surviving this arc. I'm guessing we either get nice demon lady doctor actually being evil, or we learn how Muzan became a demon and get something based around that.

Oh and these upper moon folks are very tough and it makes be worry for my friend Kanroji, since she should have a fight soon.

we already know how muzan became a demon, don't we? unless you mean there'll be more to the story of that doctor that was treating muzan when he was still human

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Grouchio posted:

Who's left to fight the first Moon? I presume Tanjirou's getting patched up and that takes a while.
There are a handful of fresh pillars left unaccounted for.

Love, Snake, Lightning, Stone, Mist.

I have a feeling one or more are gonna get utterly shithoused by moon #1.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The next major arc will be totally different and the end of an era. Turns out the demons were somehow keeping the government in check or occupied. The government will go after the slayers to rid them from history.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JackDarko posted:

The next major arc will be totally different and the end of an era. Turns out the demons were somehow keeping the government in check or occupied. The government will go after the slayers to rid them from history.
Wonder who's gonna be the Hijikata and the Saito of the group.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't it said that this is the final arc? I think I'd prefer it to end here before it devolves into shonen power creep hell

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Manatee Cannon posted:

we already know how muzan became a demon, don't we? unless you mean there'll be more to the story of that doctor that was treating muzan when he was still human

I guess I should say I could see there being more information about the blue spider lily. But also it works as a good explanation as to why Muzan is the only demon and there isn't a worry of others, since it was an experimental medicine and the only one who knew poo poo about it was one independent doctor who died.

This being the final arc not counting a conclusion and epilogue would be ideal, to me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm of the opinion that this truly is the final arc (albeit a fairly lengthy one that might last for 1/2 or 1/3 of the entire series), and that we'll get more backstory into the characters through the fights.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
urokodaki told us it was the conclusion like a month or two (e: or four) ago, would he lie to us

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I agree that it should and will probably end soon. A series is always better when it has a well thought out end point that the author is allowed to get to, imo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

urokodaki told us it was the conclusion like a month or two (e: or four) ago, would he lie to us

7 deadly sins lied about it recently so maybe

this should be the end tho. it'd be weird if it wasn't

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are no other, stronger villains past muzan. the only way this isn't the ending is if muzan gets away.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba

Douma being the one demon to basically have zero regrets or thoughts about dying because he was utterly cracked in the head to begin with kinda makes sense. What a weird exchange, but still cool.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kanao is a good girl. Who managed to cut down the third most powerful demon in existence. :perfect:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 23, 2019

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Grouchio posted:

Kanao is a good girl. Who managed to cut down the third most powerful demon in existence.
And she paid for it with her sight which is kinda sad. Left eye is done, right-eye is mostly done.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Welp.
I guess Douma is not royalty.

Man this is such a bittersweet ending to the Butterfly sisters story. :unsmith:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 23, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fabricated posted:

And she paid for it with her sight which is kinda sad. Left eye is done, right-eye is mostly done.
I think she said she can barely see with one eye. Glasses and/or eyepatch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

No Only one of her eyes is partially blinded. And it may heal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't remember who tokito is as well as a bunch of the demon slayers and I don't know why. The demons I remember though

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter: Yeah Upper Moon 1 is on another level.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

New Chapter: Yeah Upper Moon 1 is on another level.

To be fair Douma was also stupidly powerful. He only lost cause he ate a ton of poison without realizing it. Had that not happened an Ice Clone he created would have killed his opponents for him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Power levels arent really a thing in Kimetsu since technique and tactics play a huge role. And mostly thus far the demons have been going off pure strength, magic, and sheer stiffness of neck.

So when you get demon strength as well as technique like Asuza and UM1 here you know its going to mean some real rear end poo poo

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
A perfect example of that is the upper moon 6 guy Zenitsu fought. He was a relatively new demon and still relied on his breath of Thunder techniques so Zenitsu was able to kill him with his own new technique.

Yushiro is fixing up Zenitsu afterwards and says had he fought him a year later when he had any idea how to really use his demon blood, he would have died on the spot.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Been rereading some Yaiba and god all the butterfly estate girls with their little scribble-faces are the sweetest little babies

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Been rereading some Yaiba and god all the butterfly estate girls with their little scribble-faces are the sweetest little babies

I'm looking forward to that stuff getting animated because it's super cute. we're pretty close to their introductions now too

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Reiche posted:

A perfect example of that is the upper moon 6 guy Zenitsu fought. He was a relatively new demon and still relied on his breath of Thunder techniques so Zenitsu was able to kill him with his own new technique.

Yushiro is fixing up Zenitsu afterwards and says had he fought him a year later when he had any idea how to really use his demon blood, he would have died on the spot.

There is also the fact that he was no doubt inferior to any other previous Upper Moon and was only there because of the openings.

Wonder if there is a new Upper Moon 5. It would not make much sense to skip out in replacing him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he was a brand new upper moon who zenitsu knew very well, still fought using their shared style and looked down on his opponent. without all of those advantages zenitsu definitely couldn't have beaten an upper moon alone. heck, probably not even if he was unconscious.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I just binged this whole manga after binging the whole anime, i love it. i like the faces during the downtime chapters, they are very cute and good.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New chapter.

Well that finally clarifies who precisely #1 is. NOT the Sun guy, but his brother.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also it turns out Wind Pillar is also a good boy. Sorta.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can Gendou re-attach his gut and arms?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Grouchio posted:

Can Gendou re-attach his gut and arms?

Genya and yes, cause of his demon eating powers that give him demon properties.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm kind of confused at how this is going. so, the first moon is one of the first generation of demon hunters. the same as tanjirou's mysterious ancestor who apparently beat the poo poo out of muzan, was the origin of the face mark thing, and used the breath of the sun. the first moon uses breath of the moon, so there is absolutely some deep connection between the two of them. except, tanjirou isn't present. even if he arrives later he isn't in any condition to contribute anything to this scene.

it's very strange.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the same as tanjirou's mysterious ancestor who apparently beat the poo poo out of muzan,

It was not his ancestor. That guy passed on the earrings to Tanjirou's ancestor.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah hes Mist boys ancestor. And we have no idea yet if he and Original Sun Breath were even from the same time. Might even have been from an opposing and unrelated school considering he has the Moon Breath.

Something that may indicate theyre from the same time is that he has the same fashion aesthetic.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mist Boy has previously been established to be a Sun Breath descendant. Moon Breath is probably just a Demon only variant.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh right yeah that was established
Welp im wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
then who the heck was the dude who terrorized muzan?