Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
How come people only become stalkers after a traumatic brain injury, do you ever notice how they never form loving mutually-respectful relationships with another adult because of a traumatic brain injury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My cousin started a group home business that cares for extreme cases of TBI patients. Sounds like the biggest nightmare job in the world to me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scathach posted:

Better Call Saul the Sad Clown.....?

Mr. Show's 'Joke: The Musical'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLDGoEh7jqA

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

thatguy posted:

remember guys racism is ackshually justice
:lol:

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Maybe I can help you.
:laffo:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinecone Sample posted:

How come people only become stalkers after a traumatic brain injury, do you ever notice how they never form loving mutually-respectful relationships with another adult because of a traumatic brain injury

We're back to how the brain has to TRY to be better, it is naturally selfish and only knows itself. If you break the brain's function, it has a hard time trying to be better. It can't empathize as well.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy poo poo it is! Well that's a thing I wasn't aware I needed.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

there was a whole era of edgy racial satire there before standup comics realized that actual racists would ignore the subtext and just take away some cool slogans to yell at minorities, now extra OK cause a black guy said it. RIP Chappelle Show

mhm. see also that bill cosby bit about young black men who won't pull up their pants or have some sense of decency. i saw that one brought out time and time again by white racists going "look look look even DOCTOR cosby says the black community is killing itself, and he should know!!!!!"

in retrospect it's an even bigger oof

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Pvt.Scott posted:

My Spanish teacher in high school was a rich girl from the upper crust of Nicaragua. She taught us proper Spanish (read not that trashy low-class Mexican poo poo). Her substitute teacher was a Mexican woman, and she purposefully taught us Mexican pronunciations and phrases, etc, just to piss her off.

In the middle of my second year, the teacher from Nicaragua met a very rich and handsome man who was sailing around the world. So, my teacher quit and that was that, now the Mexican sub was the teacher.

I’ve always wondered if Sra. Staebell got strangled and then dumped in international waters or not.

Spain Spanish sounds doofy compared to most Latin American accents.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

thatguy posted:

Glad to see you're really attacking the hard-hitting tough issues of today like "laws on the books nobody will ever enforce" as literally every city in the midwest and west is hilariously segregated like redlines are gospel and I constantly hear white supremacist bullshit every time I go anywhere west of the cascades and east of Minnesota. In Coeur D'Alene working a brushing job in 2015, KKK flyers to people's houses with a loving meet & greet at a public library. Coastal race relations really has a winning record to stand behind

Good Idea: Forcing other regions to wake up to their substantial race issues that they pretend aren't a big deal.
Bad Idea: Pretending the South isn't a raging dumpster fire on race relations.

Khazar-khum posted:

Southerners aren't [......] sanctimonious assholes

lollllll

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

hrm remember how this argument started with y'all insisting you were entitled to a shot at some black girl's puss cause she couldn't just be done with being treated like an untermensch by SF white dudes

FilthyImp posted:

The part where her going "yeah, first and last interracial relationship" was met with
:thunk: hmmm, sound like a racist takeaway, mayhaps she should be more open also Not All White Males... :thunkher:

you guys are continuing to make a huge leap from what i originally said and i'm really not sure what the loving point of doing that is. i pointed this out once already and was just told to shut up.

i said nothing about white men in my original post. in fact, if she had said that she didn't want to date white guys anymore i would have understood that because yes, white people are pretty much all racist whether purposefully or through an inability to comprehend different racial issues and if she doesn't want to deal with that then it's her choice. to also attach a negative association to every other race than your own, however, is not a good thing to do.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

us southerners ain’t racists! *flies confederate flags loving everywhere and elects Republicans constantly*

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i vomit kittens posted:

you guys are continuing to make a huge leap from what i originally said and i'm really not sure what the loving point of doing that is. i pointed this out once already and was just told to shut up.

i said nothing about white men in my original post. in fact, if she had said that she didn't want to date white guys anymore i would have understood that because yes, white people are pretty much all racist whether purposefully or through an inability to comprehend different racial issues and if she doesn't want to deal with that then it's her choice. to also attach a negative association to every other race than your own, however, is not a good thing to do.

Did she do that or did she tap out from something that hurts because she’s in a lot of pain right now?

What is the empathy level in this thread for this woman, compared to some of the absolute giant assholes posted just days before?

The passion in this argument is so hilarious. But really it should stop because there’s like two people who know what they are talking about race-wise.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Region that never shuts up about how great it is, how much more wholesome and down to earth than the dread gay Jew coasts it is, how much more god fearing it is, not sanctimonious in slightest says man.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we're all city slickers in here anyway

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for buying my brother-in-law condoms when I heard he doesn't use them?

quote:

My wife has a younger brother (29) who has been in a relationship with his high school sweetheart (who's also a 29 year old male) for about 12 years. I think of both of them as my family, they're my children's uncles, we spend a bunch of time together and we get along great. I recently had a vasectomy, I'm 44, we have 3 kids and we aren't planning on having any more. After one Sunday lunch with our BILs, we sent the kids away and us adults had some drinks and started talking about my vasectomy. At one point, I said how great it was to finally not have to worry about protection, and how great it felt without it. And I said I almost feel sorry for them not experiencing it. My BIL laughed and said: What are you talking about, we haven't used protection since high school.

I was going to reply something, but the kids came running in so I dropped the topic. I later thought about what he said and talked to my wife about it, saying that I don't think it's safe for them to be having sex without condoms, as a couple of gay men, and my wife laughed at me. Apparently, just because they've been together for a long time, it's safe? She told me to drop it and let them live their lives however they want.

I thought it was ridiculous of her to have that reaction to her own brother not using protection and realized she wasn't going to tell them anything about it. So I figured I would buy some condoms and give them to my BILs and tell them I was worried about their safety and that they should really rethink not using protection.

A couple of days ago, we had another lunch together, we sent the kids away again, and I gave them the condoms. I rehearsed a whole speech about how I wouldn't want anything to happen to them and that they should stay safe. But, rather than seeing my gesture for what it was - a gesture of care - they were offended. They asked if I am suggesting they shouldn't trust each other? They said they had never slept with anyone else their whole lives and if they managed to have an exciting enough sex life not to cheat on each other for 12 years, they'll probably manage the same in the future. And my wife's brother also said that, by the same token, I should be continuing to wear condoms despite having had a vasectomy. After shouting at me for 10 minutes, they just left. My wife has been incredibly mad with me and demanded I apologize to them, but I refuse to apologize for caring about their health and safety. I don't see how what I did was THIS horrible. They could have just declined the condoms. And their arguments are ridiculous. So what if they've been together for 12 years? People have cheated on each other after being together for longer than that.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Haifisch posted:

I gather this guy thinks disease just kinda springs up from gayness

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hawowanlawow posted:

If you let man rear end juice marinate long enough it grows HIV

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lmao imagine being dumb enough to date white people

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the subtle "homosexuality is tolerable but still deviant so watch out" angle that churches tout is truly fuckin nefarious and you can see the infection in every religious person

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

hawowanlawow posted:

This dude sure but lol you missed some epic arguments in the fabgoons thread on this very subject a few years back

Let's just say it's contentious

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

hawowanlawow posted:

Last line indicates he doesn't think of gay relationships as 'real'.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Beachcomber posted:

Last line indicates he doesn't think of gay relationships as 'real'.

That or he's cheated and he's projecting.

Or both.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Haifisch posted:

He doesn't see why BIL's rebuttal is correct because the only thing he would have to refute it is that his belief that homosexual love is not as strong as heterosexual love
people are going to think like this for a long time, it's both a reason why and an effect of gay marriage only being legally recognized in the last ten years

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Lol, who do you think is supporting those openly racist, dumbass politicians? They must have just sprung out of nowhere, surely it's not because because white southerners vote for them at a 4:1 ratio.

Roy Moore fondled children, and white Alabamans still overwhelmingly voted for that racist rear end in a top hat.

idk if i stated my arguement badly but im not saying the south isnt racist. im saying that the entire country is racist and it can grate on the nerves of southerners who arent racist to constantly have alabama thrown in their face when anyone who has lived in a few different regions of the country knows the entire country is racist af. white racists voted for moore. Alabama just happens to have an insane amount of white racists who hate black people. Go over to AZ and the white racists there vote for sherrif joe because they hate hispanic people. ohio hates middle easterners and black people.

i dont consider myself a southerner so it doesnt bother me if people poo poo on the south but my brothers do and i understand their view point. that said sherman didnt go far enough the entire south should still be a smoldering wasteland but so should the entire country.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Sagebrush posted:

mhm. see also that bill cosby bit about young black men who won't pull up their pants or have some sense of decency. i saw that one brought out time and time again by white racists going "look look look even DOCTOR cosby says the black community is killing itself, and he should know!!!!!"

in retrospect it's an even bigger oof

His whole finger wagging bit is why the judge ultimately let in the previously excluded evidence of his rapes, leading to him going to jail.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Scathach posted:

Holy poo poo it is! Well that's a thing I wasn't aware I needed.

:tipshat:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

snergle posted:

idk if i stated my arguement badly but im not saying the south isnt racist. im saying that the entire country is racist and it can grate on the nerves of southerners who arent racist to constantly have alabama thrown in their face when anyone who has lived in a few different regions of the country knows the entire country is racist af. white racists voted for moore. Alabama just happens to have an insane amount of white racists who hate black people. Go over to AZ and the white racists there vote for sherrif joe because they hate hispanic people. ohio hates middle easterners and black people.

i dont consider myself a southerner so it doesnt bother me if people poo poo on the south but my brothers do and i understand their view point. that said sherman didnt go far enough the entire south should still be a smoldering wasteland but so should the entire country.

The Union definitely didn't go far enough if you know the history of how reconstruction went down.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

What a stupid homophobic piece of poo poo.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

snergle posted:

I have to say that I also tire of the lol south argument. Growing up Black in the south was horrid but so was college as a Black student in the northeast. I don’t know a single dark skinned person who grew up anywhere in the US whose existence has not been characterized by avoiding literal bodily harm from white people. It is not remotely surprising to me that KM had bottles thrown at her. What did y’all think was going on?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Haifisch posted:

What a horribly bigoted rear end in a top hat. There's literally no reason why a monogamous gay couple of 12 years should suddenly start using condoms out of nowhere.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I grew up in the bay area and didn't meet a black person until I was literally like 13 years old or so. I'm in my thirties now and have probably talked to, at most, 5-10 black people ever. It didn't even register to me that this was weird until I was around 18 years old.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It doesn't help that large parts of how we think of the Civil War and how it went down are shaped by the Lost Cause revisionists, things like Sherman being a bloodthirsty murder monster who slaughtered civilians with glee and Grant being an incompetent drunken butcher who only succeeded by dint of numerical superiority against Lee's superior tactical skills.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Grape posted:

The Union definitely didn't go far enough if you know the history of how reconstruction went down.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Grape posted:

Both Grant and Hayes were from Ohio, and reconstruction failed because US Grant had such a loving garbage second term and Rutherford Hayes had no balls. All I'm saying is race relations in the US would be 50 years advanced if not for loving Ohio, the true dumpster fire of this nation.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for serving my daughter garlic before her first date?

quote:

Throwaway because quite a few friends know about my main account.

On Saturday night, my 16 year old daughter (Elle*) had her first date with a boy that she really likes. They were going to see a movie at about 8pm, so she was still having dinner at home before going out. I cooked steak and potatoes for my children, but I decided I’d also put some garlics in the oven to caramelise as Elle loves roasted garlic. However, I was aware she probably wouldn’t want them tonight if she planned on kissing the boy, and I thought I’d have a bit of fun with that as her Dad.

When I served up dinner, Elle rejected the garlic as I expected she would. Innocently I asked, “Elle, you love roasted garlic! Why don’t you want them tonight?” She went very red in the face and wouldn’t tell me why. I asked once more and my wife told me to be quiet and that I was embarrassing her. I laughed and apologised to Elle, but also joked to my wife that “I wouldn’t want garlic breath when we first kissed either”.

My wife and Elle are both very mad at me right now. They think that I embarrassed her for no reason and was being cruel when “no girl wants to bring up kissing with her Dad, especially not garlic breath kissing.” I was just having a little fun. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

*name changed
The comments are full of people insisting that OP's permanently damaging his relationship with his daughter because he did a dumb dad thing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol jfc, she's lucky the guy wasn't sitting there.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

garlic is delicious and "garlic breath" is not a thing anyone in the world is worried about except the whitest whitebread mcwhitersons

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Grant didn't have the balls for reconstruction, either. He didn't even want to be pres. Nobody would want that lovely job

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

3 day license suspension .05

quote:

Blew a cautionary (over .05 under .09) wouldn't provide me exact reading. Automatic 3 day license suspension.

Had 2 pints in an hour and a half. Last drink was at 9:25, was pulled over at 12:15. My BAC shouldn't have been so high regardless of gender, weight... No BS I do drink mouthwash, pack a day smoker, no where to spit. In the time prior to being pulled over I had drank 1/3 the bottle, I did have it in the vehicle with me. I was pulled over as I was smoking a cigarette, shortly after mouth wash. I'm on prescription adhd medication and currently OTC cold medication. One or several of these factors were effecting my BAC.

The officer asked me to sign a document and when I asked to read it first I was told no and he wrote on the form that I had refused to sign. He informed me I was able to get my car in three days but I'd have to wait until the following morning to get my license back. I was shocked he recommended this as it's illegal to drive without your license in the vehicle. The officers answer was "you'll only be ticketed if you get pulled over".

Lastly I asked if I could have a blood sample drawn as I'm certain the breathtalyzer was inaccurate and I was told no, however if I wanted blood drawn I could do it at the hospital and include records in an appeal. I had the test done but it took 4 hours to see a doctor so it's useless.

So.. Any chance an appeal will even get a second glance? It's been an awful experience, I was fed false information several times, given different answers, and recommended to do something illegal. At the very least I feel I should file a complaint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Taima posted:

I grew up in the bay area and didn't meet a black person until I was literally like 13 years old or so. I'm in my thirties now and have probably talked to, at most, 5-10 black people ever. It didn't even register to me that this was weird until I was around 18 years old.

Are some parts of the Bay really woodsy and rural or wtf