Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Orlando Furioso posted:

So I haven't seen it discussed here, but the UK had a large leak of diplomatic cables from our Ambassador to the US - cables which provided confidential assessments of the current administration, which I am sure you can guess weren't too positive.

Despite this being the job of every ambassador everywhere (no doubt the US Ambassador is sending back assessments of the ongoing brexit shitshow) because Donnie has paper thin skin he has thrown a bitch fit on Twitter and claimed "we will no longer deal with him"

There is literally a possibility you are going to declare our diplomat persona non grata because he said some mean things privately while doing his loving job. Jesus Christ :smugdon:

He's so thin skinned and it'd be great if he wasn't potus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute

Vasudus posted:

They closed the metro entrance this morning for an hour and a half and moved all screening to the main lobby. There were buckets all over the hallways in the E wing because water was coming down so fast (and sideways!) it started going into the AC inlets.

Yeah, I saw that today as well. It's only my 2nd week in the building and everything seems to be going to hell. Cool...this should be a fun tour.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The tulsi 2020 billboards in sc just seen like a great way to throw away thousands of dollars and not much else. Is it tax deductible?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Stravag posted:

The tulsi 2020 billboards in sc just seen like a great way to throw away thousands of dollars and not much else. Is it tax deductible?

There's one of these in the middle of nowhere in NH too.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Odradek posted:

Yeah, I saw that today as well. It's only my 2nd week in the building and everything seems to be going to hell. Cool...this should be a fun tour.

You can get 6$ pizzas at the Fresh Market (across from Market Basket) on Thursday. Sausage and/or Cheese.

There's a Subway at 4th floor, corridor C. It's faster by a country mile compared to the one on the main food court.

edit: lmao hosed up my directions. Go to Apex 3-4, 4th floor, and look down corridor 4. You can't miss it.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 9, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/07/08/twins-ivf-birth-lawsuit/

A couple in New York is suing a fertility clinic over the results of their in vitro fertilization.

The clinic reported to the couple that they'd successfully implanted one male and one female embryo. Yay!

A subsequent ultrasound revealed that the wife was carrying two boys. Well, maybe the ultrasound was wrong. It happens sometimes.

After delivery the Asian couple found themselves holding two non-Asian boys.

A DNA test revealed that the boys are not related to either parent.

The DNA test also revealed that the boys are not related to each other.

The couple had to relinquish custody of the boys.

I wish this couple all the best as they become the new owners of a fertility clinic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Holy gently caress

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Holy poo poo. I can't imagine how awful that is for them. My friend was devastated by her troubles getting pregnant cant imagine if you finally got pregnant and oh yeah they not yours and they take them from you

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Yes, we love the troops but funding is hard. Also, have you heard about our Lord and Savior, Tax Cuts for the Wealthy?

Lowtax?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
A scene from the Epstein arraignment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-case-billionaire-pleads-not-guilty-to-sex-trafficking-charges?ref=home

quote:

Defense lawyer Reid Weingarten argued the flight risk was exaggerated and noted that the feds had previously investigated Epstein—a 2005 probe that ended in a sweetheart plea on state prostitution charges.

“There was no violence, no coercion, no intimidation, no deception,” Weingarten said, prompting the judge to ask if the girls were under 18, wouldn’t the sexual contact constitute rape.

Weingarten said that would make it “statutory rape”—then backtracked, said he was having a “senior moment,” and declared that it would not constitute rape at all because the charges don’t include penetration.

:commissar:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Did he just outright say his client performed a felony in court?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh hey kevin spacey might get off scott free

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/08/us/kevin-spacey-criminal-case-hearing-monday/index.html

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I caught wind of the ambassador flap sometime over the weekend, but was fascinated with earthquakes and high as balls.

I loving hope they hang Epstein by his balls.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bibi: Still an utter piece of poo poo. He's using a shockingly small sample size of 4 skeletons to deny that Palestinians have any claim to the land of Israel.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bibi’s family immigrated from Poland in the 1920s so that’s pretty :ironicat: on its own.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Kesper North posted:

Right! Exactly! A very one-sided debate! :sigh:

That Adam Smith here in Washington needs to be primaried. Sad I'm not one of his constituents. (Also his economic theory is suspect.)

Ain't gonna happen. Old Chuck is in for life. He was even at a send off for a deploying unit today.

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1669090001

We wish you Godspeed and a safe return. Thank you for your service, and let's hope that we all appreciate the sacrifice of those who serve," Grassley said. "God bless."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Bibi’s family immigrated from Poland in the 1920s so that’s pretty :ironicat: on its own.
Even supposing Palestinians are just Arabs, then they've still been in Israel for 1,300 years. And it's a little late to demand they leave just because your dumb fairy tale says so.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

"Why would you want to retire? It doesn't hurt to work."

Yeah fuckstick, it doesn't hurt you in your ivory tower pissing and making GBS threads on the rest of us with your smug plastic surgery flapping cuntlip face, but anyone in manual labor, construction, the trades, truck driving, etc is sure as gently caress gonna be hurting you stupid smug gently caress. Go die on a yacht accident and leave this universe a smidgen better. I seriously doubt there's a universe in the multiverse where this guy isn't a gigantic shitstain.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

That's really unfortunate but :lol: that the mother thought deleting videos of her son drinking during the assault weren't relevant to the case. And if they really did edit screenshots as the article claims, their credibility is ruined.

Spacey is 100% guilty but if those facts are true he probably shouldn't go to jail for it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Casimir Radon posted:

Bibi: Still an utter piece of poo poo. He's using a shockingly small sample size of 4 skeletons to deny that Palestinians have any claim to the land of Israel.

I can't wait for Mexico to use the same logic to invade Spain.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Slim Pickens posted:

Is she one of those "the only two emotions are fear and love" weirdos too?

Anyways, DC looks fun

https://twitter.com/nickscalera/status/1148217076441591808?s=19

My parent's backyard this afternoon:

My parent's backyard this morning:
https://i.imgur.com/VNgONgh.mp4

:smithicide:

Excuse the poo poo camera. Very narrowly avoided being flooded. Neighbors were not so lucky.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Quick Census update/primer.

https://twitter.com/marty_lederman/status/1148358851378524160

AG Barr has been bullshitting that they found a "legal" path for the citizenship question. The problem is that it likely involves an executive order with a bullshit legal theory, or some type of claim that there's more time. The problem is that the *current* team of DOJ employees basically said that there was no time and the Voting Rights Act was the main justification for it.

So the current team got hosed by Donnie's stunt. Essentially, they lied to the court (due to the upcoming new legal justification) to get the case to the Supreme Court faster. That team can't continue to argue the case without getting sanctioned to gently caress for lying to the court. So, AG Barr put together a bunch of rando political DOJ people and rando trial lawyers to continue this thing. AG Barr literally had to ask for volunteers.

Meanwhile, the plaintiffs (good guys) are not only proceeding on their Equal Protection claim, but they want the judge to *deny* the DOJ's request to change the legal team. They also filed a motion for estoppel, a HEY, YOU DON'T GET TO CHANGE ARGUMENTS, YOU FUCKS motion. I bet that whatever Executive Order they cook up gets pretty rapidly halted for violating Congress's Article I power to mandate the Census.

Should be more legal fun!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If they just put the question on there in defiance of all court orders who exactly is going to go physically stop them with force tho? The US Capitol Police?

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 9, 2019

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope Barr gets dragged into this Epstein poo poo.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Lets try not to dream up a new constitutional crisis until we solve the current ones. :smithicide:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

shame on an IGA posted:

If they just put the question on there in defiance of all court orders who exactly is going to go physically stop them with force tho? The US Capitol Police?

On this one, you can't listen to twitter. The administration isn't in violation of any court order and still wouldn't be. The Roberts ruling was basically a "hey, your justification was complete bullshit and against the Administrative Procedures Act and you basically lied, *but if you had a good reason, we could potentially revisit it.*"

The likely game plan is a Trump direction/executive order, then immediately the administration pings the Supreme Court for its legality. The Supreme Court gave them like 25 days to allow for a re-hearing of the issue if the administration could get its act together.

The problem for the administration is that this has been a complete clownshow and they don't give a poo poo about the law. The Roberts Court is partisan as all gently caress, but Roberts is one of those ~~decorum~~ assholes who likely won't just go along with Trump's very-clear nonsense on this one. Not to mention that Trump even said out loud I'M DOING THIS FOR HOUSE REDISTRICTING, which is the administration's 4th/5th/6th/Nth new justification.

Now if they get shot down *again*, that's when the Contempt of Court starts and administrative-level peons start getting locked up. Think they're willing to go to jail for Trump?

Prediction: Trump does the dumb thing, it gets immediately halted, administration petitions Roberts, Roberts says "lol no fast track, start in the lower courts" and it all dies a slow death.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Iron Rose posted:

That's really unfortunate but :lol: that the mother thought deleting videos of her son drinking during the assault weren't relevant to the case. And if they really did edit screenshots as the article claims, their credibility is ruined.

Spacey is 100% guilty but if those facts are true he probably shouldn't go to jail for it.

Why is that?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Why is that?

Because you can’t build a criminal case based on doctored evidence?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SimonCat posted:

Ain't gonna happen. Old Chuck is in for life. He was even at a send off for a deploying unit today.

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/1669090001

We wish you Godspeed and a safe return. Thank you for your service, and let's hope that we all appreciate the sacrifice of those who serve," Grassley said. "God bless."

I was referring to Adam Smith, WA Congressional District 9, who is a cowardly shitbird on Mcnally's McNaughty List.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope Barr gets dragged into this Epstein poo poo.

I'm hopping Mitch bitchass McConnell is on that list cause loving look at him you know at the very least he's hitting up Robert Krafts handy spots

facialimpediment posted:

Prediction: Trump does the dumb thing, it gets immediately halted, administration petitions Roberts, Roberts says "lol no fast track, start in the lower courts" and it all dies a slow death.

So then according to the rules of the current hellworld reality we now reside in: it will get fast-tracked in and passed 5-4

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well if this is to be believed then things just took a turn into Crazyville.

https://mobile.twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1148410113394429954

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol our government no longer functions we're all gonna die

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
And Dems are back up to 20 candidates

quote:

Tom Steyer, the billionaire investor and activist, said Tuesday he's joining the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, reversing course after deciding earlier this year that he would forgo a run.

Steyer, 62, is one of the most visible and deep-pocketed liberals advocating for President Donald Trump's impeachment. He surprised many Democrats in January when he traveled to Iowa, home to the nation's first presidential caucus, to declare that he would focus entirely on the impeachment effort instead of seeking the White House.

Since then, Steyer, of California, has said he's grown frustrated at the pace at which the Democratic-controlled House is approaching Trump. Roughly half of the Democratic presidential contenders, seeking to appeal to the party's progressive base, have called on House Democrats to start an impeachment inquiry. But Speaker Nancy Pelosi has resisted, warning that Democrats need to collect the facts and that a rush to impeachment could ultimately help Trump politically.

https://apnews.com/63f344064ea64c229c6a6d3505a84ff9

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Surely he could use his control of billions of capital could be used to improve lives right now but nope gotta run for office and stroke that dickego

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Ross Perot died.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Ross Perot died

e:fb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFUSLaQUHo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

BigDave posted:

Ross Perot died.

More billionaires should follow suit

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Hey I didn't say it was bad news.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/pbump/status/11...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

All the republicans are gonna get away with it aren't they