Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you can't hold something to speed them up then at the least you should be able to turn something in the options menu on to make people move faster without animations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how they explain Felicia not joining you in Conquest (since I assume each sister is exclusive to one route + that third True Path of Dumb).

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I wonder how they explain Felicia not joining you in Conquest (since I assume each sister is exclusive to one route + that third True Path of Dumb).

Felicia joins in every path. I... don't remember if Flora is purely a Conquest exclusive or also shows up in Revelations. I want to say she doesn't, because despite being the 'I want characters from both sides' path I have a lingering impression that Revelations fails at that too.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh! Well, on the one hand, that means the image in the OP isn't as helpful as I thought. On the other at least it means Felicia doesn't set herself on fire for stupid reasons.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh! Well, on the one hand, that means the image in the OP isn't as helpful as I thought. On the other at least it means Felicia doesn't set herself on fire for stupid reasons.

Felicia is the good maid that joins us that everyone only wishes the best for. Flora is the one who self destructed.

Felicia would've shown up when Jacob did had they decided to make Chome a woman instead.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is Flora the Kaze of Conquest and if you don't get anyone to an A rank support with her before a certain point she gets killed?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Is Flora the Kaze of Conquest and if you don't get anyone to an A rank support with her before a certain point she gets killed?

That is only something in Birthright.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but you don't get a chance to get anyone to an A rank support with her on Birthright :mad:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Flora doesn’t immolate herself in Conquest, but the circumstances of her joining are really dumb and arbitrary.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Geostomp posted:

...the circumstances of her joining are really dumb and arbitrary.

Just like everything else in Fates.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

If you want to see Conquest done really, really fast, Kirbymastah completed the entire game on Normal/Classic in about one hour at SGDQ without any RNG manipulation. Sadly, he intentionally killed off Nyx, Xander, and Azura for the sake of speedrunning. Also, I think Leo died from bad RNG, but resetting costs too much time in a speed run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwEaqKRQHKA

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The important part is that Arthur got to do justice, and we all know justice is all a speedrun needs. :colbert:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

booksnake posted:

Felicia joins in every path. I... don't remember if Flora is purely a Conquest exclusive or also shows up in Revelations. I want to say she doesn't, because despite being the 'I want characters from both sides' path I have a lingering impression that Revelations fails at that too.

Flora is available on both Conquest and Revelations. There are only 2 units that you never get in Revelations, with one being Birthright exclusive, and the other available in Birthright and Conquest. Also, there is one Revelations exclusive character.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 2, 2019

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I’ve read Flora is equivalent to Scarlett in that she can only marry Chome. The writers really had nothing for her, huh?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
might as well release this now cus im guna be drunk tomorrow :911:

:frog: new video
Ep 39 - Leo (part 3)

idiot brothers chat, completely absurd pilgrimage logistics, laundry day is a very dangerous day, promises of loving (a loving promise)

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
The magic warp book to Notre Sagesse might not be the dumbest plot element but seriously, why is it there. It reeks of filler in a story that's already kind of plodding along.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Chocolate Bunny posted:

The magic warp book to Notre Sagesse might not be the dumbest plot element but seriously, why is it there. It reeks of filler in a story that's already kind of plodding along.

I don't get it, either. As was mentioned in the video, it's not like the writers didn't have the freedom to just go "Oh, Sageland is due thattaway from Death Swamp, instead of (whatever direction we were going). We could make a detour before getting back with the conquering."

I'm pretty sure this is a entirely new world that was made for this game and it's not like Sageland was ever mentioned before, so it could absolutely be put atop a mountain anywhere!

Why jump through all these unnecessary hoops?! While the other Fire Emblem games were never high literature, this is abysmal.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Brunom1 posted:

I don't get it, either. As was mentioned in the video, it's not like the writers didn't have the freedom to just go "Oh, Sageland is due thattaway from Death Swamp, instead of (whatever direction we were going). We could make a detour before getting back with the conquering."

I'm pretty sure this is a entirely new world that was made for this game and it's not like Sageland was ever mentioned before, so it could absolutely be put atop a mountain anywhere!

Why jump through all these unnecessary hoops?! While the other Fire Emblem games were never high literature, this is abysmal.

Too many cooks

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

I’ve read Flora is equivalent to Scarlett in that she can only marry Chome. The writers really had nothing for her, huh?

She's also like Scarlet in that she's strongly implied to be in love with someone who isn't Chome. Who she doesn't have a support with.

Fates is a bad game.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I think the reason for where they placed that sage was about half "where is the most remote place we can put this" and half "force the player to go there in every route" (the latter of which forces it to be basically right in the center of the map). Hell, it'd make more sense if it was "appears somewhere in the world every X years, and it landed in Nohr this time" rather than this "here, have this teleportation thing I just happened to have on my person for literally no reason and will never be relevant again after this gratuitous mandatory sidequest" BS. I mean, it isn't like there aren't giant portions of the map with nothing in them they could've put it in instead, so they wouldn't even have to remake the map for its placement to make sense.

And yes, the "only one support option, but implied to have a crush on someone else" characters are infuriating. I mean, I wasn't fond of the fact that Cordelia couldn't support with Chrom in Awakening for no good reason (I'd only buy "too shy to confess" if she wasn't the one to start things off in any of her S-ranks, and it doesn't help that everyone can see it- which, in turn, opens up the possibility of someone setting them up from Chrom's end, which makes them not being allowed to marry each other even worse), and her support list was otherwise complete. Chrom's support list was a bit bare-bones, but at least that instance was understandable, due to the fact that his marriage was mandatory (and I doubt anyone could stand playing through about a dozen times to fill out his S-ranks). Sumia, on the other hand, had literally no excuse for the fact that she had a grand total of 5 potential husbands in a game with 14 men before even considering Robin-sexuals or children (which partially explains why I hated her so much- she turned out horribly in my first playthrough so I hated her mechanically, she had an arbitrarily restricted support list so she didn't get much character development, and what characterization she got was, at least in the localization, restricted to "clumsy to the point of uselessness" and "obsessed with her boss" which are both traits I tend to dislike).

Ahem... sorry for the tangent. Anyway, the point is, if you're gonna imply that one character has a pre-existing crush on someone else in a game like this, you should probably give players the option to get them together if it is at all possible for both to survive. Refusing to do so just feels arbitrary.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frog: new video
Ep 40 - Challenge 4 and 5

simulated children, dangerous men, little purple pill, rowdy teen skateboard tricks, imminent babies

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Yeah wow. I assume the next video is just going to be an hour straight of S-rank support conversations, and adult babies raining from the sky, huh?

booksnake
May 4, 2009

gently caress yeah SGDQ. Relatedly to the music additions, the Streets of Rage run from the marathon was also pretty fun.

Good end screen

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

SubNat posted:

Yeah wow. I assume the next video is just going to be an hour straight of S-rank support conversations, and adult babies raining from the sky, huh?

Chome’s large adult sons will be his new army.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
It begins, the Baby Realm is happening.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Pyro Jack posted:

It begins, the Baby Realm is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfHv37WLxA0

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Oh boy, it’s time for the Hyperbolic Baby Chambers!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Boy, that music sounds familiar. Its not Samurai Cop, but its definetly giving me trashy B-movie vibes-

Kuvo posted:

dangerous men
God drat it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
THE EPISODE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

:frogsiren: new video :frogsiren:
Ep 41 - Making gently caress (part 1)

dragon bachelor party, malpractice, jorts, settling, mozus wrath, mariachi band, a smooth proposal, an awkward proposal, a reluctant proposal, a romantic proposal, a robust and dull proposal

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Okay, that Chome/Scarlet scene was legitimately good.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

God, I am so morbidly curious what the support conversations are going to look like between all of these fresh child soldiers and their weird-rear end dysfunctional parents.

I'm trying to picture Setsuna having a talk with her kid, and it just breaks my brain. :psyboom:

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
So the parents don't get to experience their kids growing up>?

I guess it does skip some of the bad parts.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The most Chome proposal.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I cannot believe how well that final Chome/Scarlet scene fit in with Chome at large

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So glad that Dull Chome is canon.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I'm glad Chome wasn't inflicted on anybody else because Scarlet dunking on him deserves to be his fate

Orochi (and Silas) was good too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Top 10 anime romances.

Time babies are pretty messed up if you think about it at all, so don't. The important thing is they're here to risk their lives in our war. :toot:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 10, 2019

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I've been curious for ages since learning that Fates' contrivance for having the kids in your army was apparently so dumb and after all this time I was beginning to think it couldn't possibly be as dumb as everyone seemed to think. But no. Absolutely every single element of this scheme is ridiculous. I don't know where to even begin questioning this. Like... this is a hell of a thing to just mention is a Thing that exists in this universe. I hope the game actually does try to explain what happens from the child's perspective at some point, because it's the only way this could possibly get any worse.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
dont worry, we address the social, logistical, and ethical dilemmas brought up by time holes in an upcoming episode because the game sure as hell doesn't

also the new tag is very appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

Fedule posted:

I've been curious for ages since learning that Fates' contrivance for having the kids in your army was apparently so dumb and after all this time I was beginning to think it couldn't possibly be as dumb as everyone seemed to think. But no. Absolutely every single element of this scheme is ridiculous. I don't know where to even begin questioning this. Like... this is a hell of a thing to just mention is a Thing that exists in this universe. I hope the game actually does try to explain what happens from the child's perspective at some point, because it's the only way this could possibly get any worse.

This is a reasonable and common reaction. So spoilers? They do... ish? And you probably won't be surprised? Hope you like abandonment issues!

Kuvo posted:

dont worry, we address the social, logistical, and ethical dilemmas brought up by time holes in an upcoming episode because the game sure as hell doesn't

also the new tag is very appropriate

I'm excited for this discussion. possibly too much so. Like, this isn't Conquest but you can really see some of the depth of the 'this writer's room did not go as planned' here so it should be good

booksnake fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 11, 2019