Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

someone might die at least. so that's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Prav posted:

someone might die at least. so that's nice

probably a woman

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

AnEdgelord posted:

Epstein is top story on abc national news, a lot more attention is being paid to this than I would have thought.

My question is who is behind the trial. Why dredge this out into the spotlight when there is so much potential for collateral damage? Epstein and his crimes could easily have been relegated to plausible conspiracy theory rather than a national news story.

I know that the FBI hasnt turned into the revolutionary vanguard overnight so who stands to gain from all this?

Honestly I'm pretty surprised too how big this news has been. Nobody I knew in real life even knew who the hell Epstein was

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Q and the angels

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol

lmao

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

all they talk about is Acosta who is important but lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

Honestly I'm pretty surprised too how big this news has been. Nobody I knew in real life even knew who the hell Epstein was

lol i was at breakfast with my wife at some point in the last 8 months having to explain why I was interested in a silent regional cable news outlet broadcast in a diner talking about Epstein and how it'll never matter why he was in the news but how it'd be a giant deal if it ever happened

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol https://twitter.com/AlanDersh/status/1148342519287042048

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

this is very simplistic, but the idea that he build his child sex empire on blackmail is very likely correct

the important question rn is who's currently in control of that empire and what part have they played in recent years because this poo poo cuts into hundreds of extremely important american rich people

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
also, cambridge analytica's primary mo when recruiting public servants to be their crimedoers was to offer them a bribe, record it, then blackmail them over taking that bribe while on camera

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/1148320611929866241

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Breakfast All Day posted:

if steven pinker goes down im throwing the biggest party ive ever thrown. pinker in the clinker

Can I come? That dude pisses me off.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

KiteAuraan posted:

Can I come? That dude pisses me off.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
“If he made a mistake or a judgment call or something like that, does that affect the way he’s doing his job now? I’m going to basically judge him on what job he’s doing and how he’s doing it,” said Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who voted to confirm Acosta. As far as calls to resign, he said: “I’m not getting into that feeding frenzy.”

Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.), the chairman of the party’s campaign arm, said she would need to see an internal report from the Justice Department before she could answer whether she regrets supporting him. Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said he wasn’t aware of Acosta’s involvement with Epstein and doesn’t “have any thoughts about it.”

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

lol I bet Bob loving Menendez doesn’t have any thoughts about it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Here's some fun stuff:

https://twitter.com/eyeswidebutt/status/1148353856612503552?s=20

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1148059622839869440?s=20

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its become quickly apparent why everyone in power was so happy to bury this case in the first place. what a goddamn shitshow

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

this is an obvious case of the white hats in the government apparatus rising up against and routing an archly villainous entrenched elite

open and shut

this is Civil War 2 right here

mixed with pizzagate

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747
can a sitting president be indicted for a sex crime?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fruity no gay posted:

can a sitting president be indicted for a sex crime?

lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

Epstein is top story on abc national news, a lot more attention is being paid to this than I would have thought.

My question is who is behind the trial. Why dredge this out into the spotlight when there is so much potential for collateral damage? Epstein and his crimes could easily have been relegated to plausible conspiracy theory rather than a national news story.

I know that the FBI hasnt turned into the revolutionary vanguard overnight so who stands to gain from all this?

Reminder that FBI counterintelligence has "gone dark" and stopped briefing Congress

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Duscat posted:

also, a famous pedo blackmail billionaire would be an obvious high value target for any foreign intelligence agency hoping to gain leverage on a rival nation

in hindsight not prosecuting billionaire criminals to preserve decorum may have been a bad idea

Assuming he hasn't been working for one from the start. His employee Mrs. Maxwell is the daughter of a guy who was reputed to be connected to Mossad.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

as much as i dislike isreal i really hope this isn't some sort of mossad operation holy poo poo that would not be good

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

lmfao netflix pulled all the episodes of that lovely chelsea handler show one day before epsteins arrest, the big companies got word of what was coming

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Percelus posted:

lmfao netflix pulled all the episodes of that lovely chelsea handler show one day before epsteins arrest, the big companies got word of what was coming

First time they've ever pulled OC, i think you're on to something here

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Percelus posted:

Had she spoken out against him or something? I never watched it

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She went to his welcome home party after he served 13 months

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: beaten holy lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

paul_soccer10 posted:

She went to his welcome home party after he served 13 months

Ohhhh. That's a whoopie doodle

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

What the hell is even going on.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Spergin Morlock posted:

Reminder that FBI counterintelligence has "gone dark" and stopped briefing Congress

What does this mean then? My thoughts immediately go to gaining legitimacy for a coup but that seems pretty alarmist and this could easily be far more innocuous.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

What does this mean then? My thoughts immediately go to gaining legitimacy for a coup but that seems pretty alarmist and this could easily be far more innocuous.

A few months ago Rep. Schiff said the FBI has not provided any updates to Congress on the counter-intelligence investigation into Russia's interference in the election in over a year and a half. They stopped right after James Comey was fired by Trump. Apparently this is very not normal and in fact violates statutes.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
she's just hysterical, i reckon

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

lol i thought that was "greatest hits" but no that's a tweet he made today.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
BRING ME THE HEAD OF RUBY RHOD

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1123386178806452224
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1123412101140230144

Schiff is trash, but the FBI has been sort of wild about Trump investigations. The NYT said back in January that the FBI did start an investigation if Trump, in his actions as president, was a counter-intelligence threat. This would presumably be based on their opposition to Trump's half-assed attempts at détente with Russia. Which seems to mean that the FBI considers itself to have veto power over foreign policy.

I don't think this means a coup is gonna happen or Q will reveal himself or anything. Just more evidence that the FBI is basically acting on it's own accord at the moment.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1148370279065894912

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/disabledsirena/status/1148373957550252032

all the old classics get to come back again!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

here's ghislaine maxwell (epstein's "right hand women") at chelsea clinton's wedding:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1148329102421610496