Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Crasical posted:

If you Peacebringer and recolor the powers to green the fluffy-fuzzy energy makes you look pretty similar to the green clouds that mark out City of Heroes style ghosts. I imagine a stealth IO or the stealth power will fix the rest of the look.

I've seen a fair number of players that just look like floating gas clouds, no person in the middle at all. Is that the same kind of thing, just a bunch of fart powers and stealth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Being a spooky ghost sounds neat.

It’d be cool if there was an invisible face so I could have a floating hat and just be Gentleman Ghost

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Dareon posted:

I've seen a fair number of players that just look like floating gas clouds, no person in the middle at all. Is that the same kind of thing, just a bunch of fart powers and stealth?

Probably. I remember Dark Armor being real good for that with the default graphics. Especially when combined with certain cosmetic auras (of which there are also a few dense cloud/smoke/fog ones). Could also PBs in Light Form, which straight-up turns you into a koosh ball.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Dareon posted:

Banished Pantheon is a massive cloud aura that pretty much covers you.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Beast Mastermind is a really satisfying powerset. I dunno about how it stacks up in the grand scheme, but seeing your little puppers streak in like furry murder missiles while a hawk is clawing out someone else's eyes is incredibly satisfying. It's like an Animorphs powerset. All I want is the hawk to go TSEEEEEER!.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
My only complaint with Beast MM is not being able to switch them all to wolves or big cats.

Which I suppose is more of a general complaint about MM not allowing the customizing of pets that Beast itself.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Also, dire wolf is dumb, it should be a bear

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ran into my first completely overtuned mobs today. Vanguard are kinda bullshit. They hit you with those claws once and you're hosed, what with the -def and -30% resistance on every single hit. I'm on my spider crab, so I get that I'm not a brute, but having two minions completely wipe my health in about 3 seconds doesn't feel good.

Am now considering getting a jetpack just to keep out of range of those damned claws. Minions should not get to stack that kind of -res on every hit, and it's not even like one special minion in every pack, it's all of them. Doesn't help that they all also apparently get crazy +perception so they're aggroing me as soon as I'm in range for my own attacks, and that's with stealth in my travel power running.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

HPanda posted:

Ran into my first completely overtuned mobs today. Vanguard are kinda bullshit. They hit you with those claws once and you're hosed, what with the -def and -30% resistance on every single hit. I'm on my spider crab, so I get that I'm not a brute, but having two minions completely wipe my health in about 3 seconds doesn't feel good.

Am now considering getting a jetpack just to keep out of range of those damned claws. Minions should not get to stack that kind of -res on every hit, and it's not even like one special minion in every pack, it's all of them. Doesn't help that they all also apparently get crazy +perception so they're aggroing me as soon as I'm in range for my own attacks, and that's with stealth in my travel power running.

TBF Vanguard are probably the hardest enemy group in the game.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I did the jetpack thing, and it's like the devs knew they were being assholes because half of the minions don't seem to register that they have ranged powers, meaning that they scatter after about five seconds. And the bosses get a ridiculous power that removes half of your max endurance, lasts a long time, and persists through a hospital visit. They also get -regen on some of their attacks. There's no way the devs who designed this group didn't know that they were being extra lovely to players. These are the sort of enemies that shouldn't exist outside of maybe Incarnate content, and definitely not at level 30.

I finally got through the missions and moved on to fighting Arachnos. Huge loving breath of fresh air, and that's Arachnos I was relieved to be fighting again.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

HPanda posted:

And the bosses get a ridiculous power that removes half of your max endurance, lasts a long time, and persists through a hospital visit.

It's straight up a temp power with like a 30 minute timer on it. Don't worry though, you can remove it early by paying a stupidly large amount of Vanguard merits (that you probably don't have at that level). :downs:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

HPanda posted:

I did the jetpack thing, and it's like the devs knew they were being assholes because half of the minions don't seem to register that they have ranged powers, meaning that they scatter after about five seconds. And the bosses get a ridiculous power that removes half of your max endurance, lasts a long time, and persists through a hospital visit. They also get -regen on some of their attacks. There's no way the devs who designed this group didn't know that they were being extra lovely to players. These are the sort of enemies that shouldn't exist outside of maybe Incarnate content, and definitely not at level 30.

I finally got through the missions and moved on to fighting Arachnos. Huge loving breath of fresh air, and that's Arachnos I was relieved to be fighting again.
Elec armor life being my favorite tank (And recently, my own SJ/Elec armor brute) makes me feel so backwards at times.

"Evil Vanguard? Malta? I don't get what the big deal is, I sidekick up the level 10-20 alts of my friends to fight those chumps--OH gently caress IT'S ARACHNOS! Save me, level 13 Empath defender!"

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is axe anywhere as good as sword or mace? Because all the mace options are ugly as sin unless you’re going barbarian or caveman and axe gets a pickaxes so I can be a ghost miner forty niner

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Titan Weapons is great.
Mace is really good.
Katana is ok.
Axe and Broadsword are meh.

But play what you want.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

iirc Axe and Broadsword share a lot of moves and are comparable to each other (and back then Axe was basically Tanker Broadsword cause Tankers couldn't wield swords) whereas Mace is its own thing with a lot more AoE and is way better.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mace can be a baseball bat, and it should be

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Mace can be a baseball bat, and it should be

wrenches are also very good

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Well, I did secure the name Sportsman (with that bat, even...but willpower or what?), but if I had something for that wrench I’d pounce

Help I keep making characters

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The shovel rules

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

hup posted:

Well, I did secure the name Sportsman (with that bat, even...but willpower or what?), but if I had something for that wrench I’d pounce

Help I keep making characters

can you do warmace stalker? because if so you can be The Surprise Mechanic

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Bone is the best mace.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

Titan Weapons is great.
Mace is really good.
Katana is ok.

But play what you want.

I wanted to try Titan Weapons but probably hurt myself by putting it on a tank. Never really been a tanker type, don't think that's changed.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It feels like there's a lot of animation tax on Titan Weapons and their recharge time is slower than comparable moves, with little or no damage advantage to compensate. Admittedly I'm only level 5, but my TW Brute's current combat rotation is: Pull out bigass laser sword > huge windup > solid-feeling smash > solid-feeling sweep (Or miss the smash > huge windup > sweep) > pull out undead slaying axe > wimpy chop > Sands of Mu > origin power > repeat. And maybe two things die, and there's no guarantee things will be off cooldown by the time I'm back around to them.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Platonicsolid posted:

I wanted to try Titan Weapons but probably hurt myself by putting it on a tank. Never really been a tanker type, don't think that's changed.

Even on a Tank, Titan is freeking awesome. I mean obviously you won't do as much damage as a Brute, but in between tankness and all that knockdown, you're pretty much invincible.

A dude posted:

It feels like there's a lot of animation tax on Titan Weapons and their recharge time is slower than comparable moves, with little or no damage advantage to compensate.

Yeah, you want as much global recharge as you can.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Dareon posted:

It feels like there's a lot of animation tax on Titan Weapons and their recharge time is slower than comparable moves, with little or no damage advantage to compensate. Admittedly I'm only level 5, but my TW Brute's current combat rotation is: Pull out bigass laser sword > huge windup > solid-feeling smash > solid-feeling sweep (Or miss the smash > huge windup > sweep) > pull out undead slaying axe > wimpy chop > Sands of Mu > origin power > repeat. And maybe two things die, and there's no guarantee things will be off cooldown by the time I'm back around to them.

no. TW is insanely damaging. the animation tax doesn't get paid until you have around four or five attacks to string together in one combo, tho, it kind of sucks at low level. that's what DFB is for. (also like most sets with mechanics, missing fucks you over a lot, so SO/IOs are an important milestone)

tank damage is still low, mind you. no tank is a damage machine.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
TW is awesome when the attacks connect, but it's one of the worse sets when attacks miss. Missing a windup attack and having to do that animation again is like a little stress bubble in the back of my mind every time. I wouldn't mind the mechanic if the windup just always counted regardless of hitting or missing.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Titan Weapons is great.
Mace is really good.
Katana is ok.

But play what you want.

broadsword loving rules

this message brought to you by The Stalker Guy

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

can you do warmace stalker? because if so you can be The Surprise Mechanic

no and its bullshit

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I made an ice/time blaster last night and, incredibly, the name Glacier wasn't taken, so yoink. But I'm absolutely dying trying to come up with a good spandex costume. Arctic is a little too noisy and precious and cold colors don't say "heroic dynamism" to me. At the moment he's just a blue-skinned pretty boy in winter clothes. Anyone got any good spandex ideas/concepts to work with?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I made an ice/time blaster last night and, incredibly, the name Glacier wasn't taken, so yoink. But I'm absolutely dying trying to come up with a good spandex costume. Arctic is a little too noisy and precious and cold colors don't say "heroic dynamism" to me. At the moment he's just a blue-skinned pretty boy in winter clothes. Anyone got any good spandex ideas/concepts to work with?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Glacier needs to be Huge, at the very least.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
Don’t give him any travel powers or even a run IO in anywhere.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Sufficient posted:

Don’t give him any travel powers or even a run IO in anywhere.

He can use Power Slide or whatever it's called, but only at walking speed.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

He should be allowed to teleport because glaciers are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
Give him taunt so that when traveling from mission to mission, you are dragging all mobs along with you to the door.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bots/Cold Mastermind with pets named things like Titanic, Hindenburg, etc.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
This was my jam for years, happy to see it still lives and sad to see I’m just learning now. While I wait for server access, is ice/storm controller still good?

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

xxEightxx posted:

This was my jam for years, happy to see it still lives and sad to see I’m just learning now. While I wait for server access, is ice/storm controller still good?
Pretty much everything is still good or better than it was. The only things that haven't are things that got nerfed by the original live Devs, like Regen.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Remind me again what I'm supposed to do with all these merits? I know I'm supposed to turn them into something and sell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
Storm is even BETTER with the new knockback to knockdown IO. You have a pretty hardy control on an already hardy debuff set! Ice is obviously still a top 3 corr/blaster set as well.

@spunk there are a few things you can do to make easy money with them, but the quickest and laziest way will get you about 300k per merit if you use yours merits to buy enhancement converters and sell them for 100k a pop on the market.