Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No Bunyan, you're NOT the parsley of Heroic Spirits. :colbert: To begin with, parsley isn't even that bad! But more importantly, as long as your NP animation is fast and your cost is low, and you haven't been max Bonded yet, you'll always have a place!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

brainwrinkle posted:

I kinda want Sherlock but he hasn't come home after 30+ pulls and 20 some tickets. Probably time to cut my losses.

You did 50 rolls? That's a 30% chance to get the SSR on rate-up; statistically the expected result is not getting anything.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can someone tell me which variant of Baritsu makes you shoot laser beams off your five (?) monocles?

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Omobono posted:

Can someone tell me which variant of Baritsu makes you shoot laser beams off your five (?) monocles?

Those are magnifying glasses, which are emblematic of Sherlock Holmes.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Omobono posted:

The one that Doyle heard about and went 'okay, Watson, now you're taking the piss' and kept out of the stories.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh neat free quartz for beating certain nodes, and I earned 30. May as well toss it at the banner whats the worst that could happen.

Drake. :woop:

I now have an abundance of riders though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, in the Bunyan story, why did Mash rayshift along with us?
I mean, she's still unable to access her Servant powers at this point, isn't she?

I know special events probably have wonky timing in regards to the "canon" timeline, but still, there's some sort of continuity to them I thought.

Also, since I'm dumb, what was the main takeaway from Holmes' trial quest?
So, he's a Ruler class because it's his job to decide what Truths we can and can't handle, and what information actually needs to be known. And one of the things we don't need to know is that there's a reason we can't find physical evidence of Servants from when they were alive even though there should be?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Roger Explosion posted:

I have have decided to grail Bunyan to 100 and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me.

I will do the opposite and cheer you on.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

J.A.B.C. posted:

The one that Doyle heard about and went 'okay, Watson, now you're taking the piss' and kept out of the stories.

Wouldn't Watson be Doyle, if we assume Holmes is not fictional?
Still, point taken.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
grails are for love and we all love bunyan

if you dont love bunyan turn in your command seals and throw yourself into lips garbage compactor....... TO DEATH!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm going to assume the focused light attacks are not part of baritsu

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

the_steve posted:

I mean, she's still unable to access her Servant powers at this point, isn't she?

I know special events probably have wonky timing in regards to the "canon" timeline, but still, there's some sort of continuity to them I thought.

So, he's a Ruler class because it's his job to decide what Truths we can and can't handle, and what information actually needs to be known. And one of the things we don't need to know is that there's a reason we can't find physical evidence of Servants from when they were alive even though there should be?

Holmes says he should be a caster but the world made him a ruler so he can’t spoil the world’s mysteries if i remember right.

Because holmes is the kind of rear end in a top hat that would spoil absolutely everything.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Holmes says he should be a caster but the world made him a ruler so he can’t spoil the world’s mysteries if i remember right.

Because holmes is the kind of rear end in a top hat that would spoil absolutely everything.

Absolutely this. Holmes is, in this mode, the absolute soul of a detective. To the point where his Noble Phantasm can reveal the solution to ANY problem, even impossibly unsolvable dilemmas. And as Moriarty points out at the end of the quest, Holmes is too pernicious a detective to leave anything undiscovered. He would, if allowed, solve every problem in existence.

So, the World itself instead turned him from a detective to a judge to keep him from discovering those mysteries that must be kept secret. Which vexes him to no end, as he plainly states. As a ruler, he must arbitrate rather than discover, forcing him into a role that, technically, he can fulfill.

Also, according to supplementary material, Holmes' baritsu is on the level of an NP, given that his works created a decently popular worldwide art. Which is crazy to think about.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

making a contract with chaldea basically forced him into the role of ruler instead of a caster as he might have been in Camelot, he was freely exploring and figuring things out by himself (kind of part 2 stuff?)and as far as i know looking into what goetia's postgame was with his incineration plan - as far as i can tell, goetia foresaw the events of the destruction of humanity with the lostbelts and devised his own scheme, and sherlock was looking into what exactly goetia was doing since the incineration of humanity at the point in Camelot this takes place is considered 'finished' and he was working on a different, new plan

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

the_steve posted:

If Holmes revealed the truth about the way the world works, then that would cause the collapse of the Human Order. In other words the modern world would cease to exist and supernatural beings like spirits and gods would return and take over. He got turned into a Ruler in order to keep him from spilling the beans.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Well....I got mlb versions of all the anniversary CE's. The best luck on CE's I've ever had. Too bad my GSSR gave Arjuna and Sakata and the only 4 stars I got at all rolling for Sherlock were flashes that turned into Fran and Herc.....so those are both NP3 now. There were sooo many people on my list as people I wanted. There were basically only 4 duds possible and I got 2 of them at once. Gacha is evil. At least I can take heart in having MLB Afternoon Party and Formal Dress Vlad now.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Omobono posted:

Since "Baritsu" is how Doyle misspelled the actual martial art of Bartitsu, I'm pretty sure it can do anything he wants it to.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

I got the extra quartz from the chapter clearing, do I dumped another 30 and 2 tickets, netting me an NP2 Herc.

Saving up, saving up~ never ever gonna stop saving up~

Might...might roll the GSSR. Still looking for an Archer and Assassin to fill out my options, and a dupe would be useful for an NP boost.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

AbusePuppy posted:

Since "Baritsu" is how Doyle misspelled the actual martial art of Bartitsu, I'm pretty sure it can do anything he wants it to.

It's like Space CQC.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's like Space CQC.

That would be a heck of a crossover event.

And we have Abigail Whately coming soon.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Holmes, idly walking by gudako in chaldea: iron man dies after taking the infinity stones from thanos, jon kills danerys, harry is a horcrux, emiya is rin's archer

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Factor_VIII posted:

If Holmes revealed the truth about the way the world works, then that would cause the collapse of the Human Order. In other words the modern world would cease to exist and supernatural beings like spirits and gods would return and take over. He got turned into a Ruler in order to keep him from spilling the beans.

I thought solving mysteries would lead to the eradication of magic and the supernatural.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

Factor_VIII posted:

You did 50 rolls? That's a 30% chance to get the SSR on rate-up; statistically the expected result is not getting anything.

Yeah, but I don't like him enough to spend hundreds more quartz chasing a 70 or 80% chance.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

J.A.B.C. posted:

It's Williams

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Next Halloween Event: Cthulhuland! With the mascot Innsmouth-kun!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Next Halloween Event: Cthulhuland! With the mascot Innsmouth-kun!

Give me a Hastua servant to toss money at the gacha so I can make a frontline of prettyboys with Astolfo and Bedivere.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

the_steve posted:

I mean, Mash is in the Rayshift because she's a central character to Learning With Manga. :v: I wouldn't have been too surprised to see Olga Marie either.

Holmes seems to be slightly fourth-wall aware, as given by his addressing the player directly at the start. He seems to be musing on the concepts of existence and parallel realities (is a man real because there is evidence of their existence / stories are written much after the person's supposed time of existence), which apparently are foreshadowing to Lostbelts.

also, free ticket

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Got around to doing the GSSR, and got a Scathach as my big prize. My only other 5-star Lancer is Tamamo-no-Mae, so I'm more than happy with the result, even if I didn't get anything else worthwhile except maybe the Imaginary Around CE.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

J.A.B.C. posted:

Give me a Hastua servant to toss money at the gacha so I can make a frontline of prettyboys with Astolfo and Bedivere.

Only a frontline? You can do so much more, even in NA.

Fuuma's just a placeholder for Nobukatsu. Someday, I believe. :negative:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

shaking my head rn

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Only a frontline? You can do so much more, even in NA.

Fuuma's just a placeholder for Nobukatsu. Someday, I believe. :negative:

what about prince lanling

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, a solid half of that lineup is not prettyboys, it's prettynbs. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bogart posted:

Yeah, a solid half of that lineup is not prettyboys, it's prettynbs. :colbert:

Prettynbs are also valid and deserving. :colbert:

Endorph posted:

what about prince lanling

He isn't out for so long. :negative:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

even if you want to rehash the astolfo and deon discourse enkidu is solidly they

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aurora posted:

even if you want to rehash the astolfo and deon discourse enkidu is solidly clay

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Asimo posted:

even if you want to rehash the astolfo and deon discourse enkidu is solidly clay

I hate that I loving laughed at this

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

I thought solving mysteries would lead to the eradication of magic and the supernatural.

The Sacred Lance is Rhongomyniad and its true form is said to be a tower that fastens the outer layer of the World onto the planet. The outer layer of the World is the world of humanity and beneath that is the Reverse Side of the World, where supernatural beings exist. If Rhongomyniad were removed, then the Age of Gods would get restored. Since the Sacred Lance is securing the world of humanity, then that's what would get stripped away by Holmes' investigations.

Factor_VIII fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 9, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Everything to do with the World and Gaia / Alaya, Other Side of the World, Counter Force, yadda yadda, is confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

Probably best to not think too hard when they contradict themselves.