Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unfortunately the pilot died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The podcast What a Time to Be Alive (basically this thread in audio form) covered this like a year ago because a team of scientists researching the most ethical ways to cull the population apparently decided that the most humane way to kill an iguana was to grab it by the tail and whip it headfirst against a hard object.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The fact that Celtic Frost covered an obscure new wave song from the 80s is the funniest part of all this

The song was only four years old at the time and was a single, albeit not super successful. But not obscure either.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
When an iguana comes along, you must WHIP IT!
WHIP IT GOOD!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Asking Florida Man to hunt anything is the opposite of making him stay out of trouble.

Have you seen what we do to wild pigs? There will be canned hunts for iguana soon enough. Fun for the whole family! "FORE!", like our bogan cousins.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
This is what I thought of when I first read it:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kinda amazed that given Americas obsession with guns and floridas notoriously lax gun laws that the humane solution wasn't "execute it with a smaller caliber pistol round to the face at close range, aiming down"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We don't encourage people in Florida to shoot at things.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/flangy/status/1146996914375626753

I'll take news headlines designed to remove all sympathy for deceased from reader for $500, Alec.

:lol:

quote:

He was a major donor to leading Republican politicians, including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and President Donald Trump, the Times reported.

:yeshaha:

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Pookah posted:

Grim

Grin :skeltal:

But seriously, how do you accidentally recycle a skeleton? It's not like a dump where you could be throwing boxes away without always checking inside, you're supposed to be sorting your recyclables, dammit.

Maybe they thought it was actually a plastic skeleton?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
:siren: THE IGUANAS HAVE FORMED AN ALLIANCE!!! :siren:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-alligators-surround-florida-body-20190705-7qwsqyhee5db3fpqwhqom5avhi-story.html

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I for one

I mean, really, could they do a worse job than our Homo sapiens sapiens overlords?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
They're pretty much unchanged over millions of years. Must be doing something right.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Talk about losing Karel Čapek's War Against the Newts!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
Zilla will soon rise to take vengeance on the Floridians for harming her kin.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gravity is my ally

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Florida-Man-Killed-by-Pack-of-Dogs-Police-512296151.html

The whole animal kingdom is in revolt. This unwarranted aggression against the iguanas will not be allowed to stand by the interspecies community.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Florida-Man-Killed-by-Pack-of-Dogs-Police-512296151.html

The whole animal kingdom is in revolt. This unwarranted aggression against the iguanas will not be allowed to stand by the interspecies community.

Devoured By Dogges is a good username

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Woof

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Authorities: Explosion at Florida shopping plaza injures 21

The iguanas are still at it. They are not going down without a fight.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The restaurant was literally called PizzaFire lol

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Aesop Poprock posted:

The restaurant was literally called PizzaFire lol

::cancels plans for Chernobyl Pierogi restaurant::

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

::cancels plans for Chernobyl Pierogi restaurant::

Of course that's a bad plan.

You need Chernobyl boba tea.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
It’s a soup place specializing in fusion cuisine and it’s called Chernobowl.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The Vladimir Illich Lenin Nuclear Power Plant themed restaurant:

Located in pastoral Chernobyl, Ukraine the restaurant was built for high class dining as well as biodiesel production.
Our highly trained staff is well known for their refinde taste and appreciation of alcoholic beverages and will be attentive to your every need.
Please avoid using the female restroom facilities as they are currently being rebuilt to specification and are still contain hazardous amounts of toxic dust.
Note: as the regular kitchen staff is currently unavailable all meals are prepared by a man we found loitering around the trash cans, he seems to know about cooking.
Please leave a good comment on Yelp! if you know what is good for you.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Enjoy a bottle of quality Soviet champagne from our finest cellars, delivered daily in little blue vans.

"Vasily, you did clear out the bodies, yes?давай, давай!"

Or:

V.I.L Enterprises disclaims any responsiblilty for dental work arising from stray shot, bullets, and/or shell fragments in food.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Talk about losing Karel Čapek's War Against the Newts!
i hadn't heard of this book and i just started reading it because of you and it's basically immediately changed my life

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nankeen posted:

i hadn't heard of this book and i just started reading it because of you and it's basically immediately changed my life

I am very glad! :frogbon:

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/GuardianAus/status/1148080681257459713

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ridiculous, a bike could not even reach escape velocity much less act as a space vehicle.

Who is hiding the truth?:tinfoil:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-col1-malaysia-durians-china-20190704-htmlstory.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bobby Digital posted:

It’s a soup place specializing in fusion cuisine and it’s called Chernobowl.

Do they call their bathrooms the Chernobogs?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My town gets congested every weekend because of all the tourists from as near as Kuala Lumpur and as far as China coming to eat durians.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1148442398072168451

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

While I'm curious to try durian, I'm not sure about the smell. As it is, surströmming was too much for me.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

While I'm curious to try durian, I'm not sure about the smell. As it is, surströmming was too much for me.

Durian smells like the dead end of a seldom-cleaned but often-pissed-in back alley.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
https://twitter.com/GizmodoAU/status/1148449731007393793

quote:

Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital, based in Buckinghamshire, shared images of the bird to Facebook last week, writing that he was rescued by folks who spotted him on the side of the road.

Despite the hospital’s uncertainty about exactly how Curry Bird landed in this dilemma, this isn’t the first or even second time a gull has wound up bathed in orange. Multiple reports surfaced in 2016 about similar bird rescues. The first, in June, involved a bird rescued by the UK-based Vale Wildlife Hospital after the gull fell into a vat of chicken tikka masala while attempting to snatch a piece of chicken. In a separate incident that occurred just two months later, the same hospital treated yet another gull that had fallen into a vat of tandoori sauce.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

M_Sinistrari posted:

Ah a chance to repost my favourite durian-related news item

https://twitter.com/theage/status/990227911012683776

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Durian is actually delicious, but the smell takes some getting used to.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s not clear to me why Tan needed the branch shot off.

Why not use pruning shears like a normal person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Durian is actually delicious, but the smell takes some getting used to.

I tried some and it tasted exactly as it smelled, ie. bad.