Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Her boyfriend is pathetic for not dumping her and dating the guy she wanted to trade up for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for spiking my leftovers with Ghost Pepper flakes to teach my brother a lesson
So my little brother is notorious for eating other people's food knowing it's not his. After several talking to's from my parents he still doesn't care and if anything he will only eat mine and my sister's food which is still annoying. A few nights back we ordered pizzas from this one joint and we all order our own. I wasn't home that night but my dad took my order anyways knowing I'd eat it the next day.

Since all the boxes are the same and some pizzas look the same we write our names on the boxes to easily differentiate the pies, you'd think this would stop my brother but it didn't. I got home the next morning pretty hungry and dying to have some of my pizza. I open the fridge grab MY BOX and lo and behold there's only 2 slices left. I know my sister didn't eat it because she hates pepperoni, it wasn't my mom because she's vegan, and my dad doesn't eat anyone's pizza without asking so I knew drat well it was my fatass little brother who ate not only his pizza but pretty much 3/4 of mine too.

I'm beyond pissed at this point because the place we order from is really good and two small slices isn't going to cut it for me. Knowing my brother would kill the rest of my box soon I decided to sprinkle Ghost Pepper flakes on the last two slices. We actually grow the peppers too so we have bunch in the freezer and a little jar of flakes for my sister and dad. So I'm in the living room minding my own and my little brother comes down to eat again and he's on his phone so he's barely paying attention. This fat gently caress has the audacity to grab my pizza right in front of me too which just annoyed me even more. After he finishes nuking it he bites into one slice and I get up to the fridge to grab and hide the milk. I hear him freaking out and he didn't stop crying for an hour.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yessssss

Keep doing it until he learns

Barudak
May 7, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yessssss

Keep doing it until he learns

Then keep doing it

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Power Khan posted:

AITA for spiking my leftovers with Ghost Pepper flakes to teach my brother a lesson
NTA. This is how you keep your brother from turning into the guy who gets kicked out of parties for eating all he food.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ParserGirl posted:

Roadside memorial decorations are tacky as hell and belong in the garbage. There used to be a guy who had a website with pictures of the worst examples he could find, interspersed with surprisingly respectful commentary about balancing the wishes of the family against the potential for distracting drivers.

It's not even a "roadside" memorial. It's a "middle of the yard where the truck finally stopped after crashing through the fence" memorial. They've placed 4 of them so far after being told not to.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for removing wreaths meant to honor the spot where someone died?
Before they leave, they ask me if they can place a wreath in my yard in the spot where their dad died. I'm completely mortified but I replied that I would rather them not since that's my private property and I don't want to be reminded of what happened there. They get upset at my answer and tell me I'm being unreasonable. I reiterate that I don't want any wreaths in my yard and tell them I need to handle some things so that they would leave

quote:

They are placing them where his truck stopped which is halfway up into our yard. We have a two acre property and our house sits in the back half of the property, so the wreaths were very literally in the middle of our very large yard.

quote:

Not to mention I've seen wreaths like that at intersections and curves around here that have been there for years and years. Should I be ok with a wreath in front of my house indefinitely?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

at first I misread and thought the children were actual, literal children, and I thought, 'that sucks, but I guess they don't know that what they're doing is really affecting her,' but then I realised they were adult children and nah, them repeatedly putting wreaths in the middle of the yard after being told not to is incredibly inappropriate.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
A foul fleshlight would have been less of a red flag

AITA for breaking up with a guy after 2 days, because of his waifu pillow?
This happened when I was in high school, my junior year. My family thinks I’m an rear end in a top hat, but I think I handled it in the best way possible.

Long story short, I was a sousaphone player my freshman year, and met don, who was a senior and also played the instrument with me. He went and tried to be in the marines, but injured himself and ended up with honorable discharge. This left him back in town my junior year.

I was honestly into him. He asked me if I could help him move, or I volunteered, I can’t remember, but I ended up moving him and his family from his apartment to their new house. On day one of moving, we were tasked with his room. Most of the stuff was packed up, but he at one point handed me his waifu pillow to take with me upstairs. This just.. turned me off really. I have nothing wrong with anime, but I have weird thoughts of what he’s using this pillow to do. I take it with me and continued helping him move. I didn’t want to leave them with one less person helping, so I came back and helped him the next day as well.

After those two days, I told him I just couldn’t be in a relationship with him. I never told him why, but people now tell me I should have told him, in consideration of future relationships.

AITA for breaking up with a, as far as I know it, funny and nice dude, just because of a pillow?

Auto Level Yoshi
Aug 14, 2008
Remember when this thread was about /R/relationships and not about how im an evil racist just because im a honky?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
You are all racists and nazis and deserve to be purged by holy fire

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Power Khan posted:

How fat is this family that they each order their own entire individual pizzas

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Known Lecher posted:

How fat is this family that they each order their own entire individual pizzas

Big enough Ill need to use set theory to describe their weight to you

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for leaving a family BBQ early after catching my daughter drinking?

quote:

I recently got married, and 4th of July was the first family get together with my wife’s extended family. My wife has a ton of nieces and nephews, and I pushed my daughter, 15, to hang out with her new cousins. She was hesitant to do so; in fact, we fought a lot before going because she didn’t want to go to the BBQ at all, but she finally came along. A couple hours in, I check on the teenagers to see how they’re doing, see if my daughter is fitting in, and I find five of them in a bedroom drinking. I was pissed when I saw this; I snatched the drink out of my daughter’s hand, pulled her out of the room, and got my wife to go home. My wife wasn’t thrilled about this, and claimed that her nieces and nephews drink all the time, and tried to convince me that it’s better if they drink at a family get together than out on their own. I agree with that, but I’d prefer for my daughter to not drink at all. I’ve explained the dangers of alcohol to her, especially because her mother is an alcoholic. I’ve been lucky that she’s never really shown an interest in drinking. However, she’s upset with me for “humiliating” her, and she started complaining about the fact I made her go to the BBQ at all. Both of them are pretty mad at me, and my wife’s sister also called saying I was being unreasonable. I think that I have the right, though, to put restrictions on my daughter, and I didn’t realize she’d try to push boundaries at a family event. AITA?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like the "gigantic loving weirdo" ship has sailed and he's best trying to avoid ending up on the "total loving rear end in a top hat" boat

Also, dude can just make up a story about finding it washed up on the beach; he doesn't have to admit he went Full Weirdo about it. I mean, he will admit it, because I suspect he admits it with every word and deed, but there's opportunity there.

I don’t know, I feel like lying about your weirdness makes it worse.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

This girl is going to be in rehab before she’s 18, given the dad’s pro parenting.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Pinecone Sample posted:

... and I didn’t realize she’d try to push boundaries at a family event.

She’s 15. You dragged her off to a family event she didn’t want to go to. Have you ever met a teenager before?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Pinecone Sample posted:

Better to have a couple of drinks with the family under supervision and built up a bit of a tolerance than get flat out drunk when no adults are around.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Power Khan posted:

Not really enough drunken brawling & driving for an eastern european family, so american irish heritage?

Catholic, so yeah probably.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Girlfriend wants to sleep with another guy, before we get engaged.

quote:

So I'm in my 30s and she is in her 20s. We've been together a few years, LDR, and recently have lived together for almost a year. We are good together, sex is amazing, and we are committed to each other, and see us spending our lives together. This summer I have got a job in a new country, and we agreed she is going to come over 6 months behind me, we have been saving for a deposit for a house, and she has already shipped all her things here with me.

She has now asked for a break, for a 2-3 months, to reassess her life and her identity and prepare for the move internationally, she also wanted to open up the relationship, as she has never been with another guy, and it bothers her that I have had those experiences, and she has not. She says if she moves here to settle with me, she'd grow to resent me for not allowing her to experience something else.

After drilling a little deeper, I confirmed that it is actually mostly about this. We've always agreed an open relationship might be something, in the future, if we were in a strong place and communicated well about it. So it's not a surprise, but the timing of this feels weird. And of course, confirmed, it turns out there is just one guy she would trust enough and wants to sleep with, a work colleague, and they had a drunken kiss 2 months ago. Sounds really sketchy, and I told her I am not happy with it, but would agree to her sleeping with another guy, if it was not him, which was met with a lot of anger.
She tells me she is committed to me, and to prove it she is going to send me her life savings, as a down payment on us. It's a lot of money, and all her stuff is here with me. I asked why not move here, and then we explore opening the relationship, but she just needs "to get this done", and then she will move to be with me.

I still don't like the idea, even though I think I trust her intentions are right. There are just so many things that could go wrong, and I don't understand why she is willing to risk so much for one (or two?) nights with this guy? I feel like calling it all off, but the reward of going through with it and it all working out is so great, I don't know what to do...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Lol I love these open relationship stories. The fact that his partner already has someone picked out should be enough of a red flag but lol nope let’s ask the internet anyway!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Xik posted:

Better to have a couple of drinks with the family under supervision and built up a bit of a tolerance than get flat out drunk when no adults are around.

Yeah, and he puts "humiliated" in quotes so he clearly thinks she's just overreacting. Ugh, teens, am I right?

She's going to just realize that 5 Bud Lights aren't actually going to turn her into an instant addict and start sneaking off with friends to binge drink because gently caress You Dad.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Lol I love these open relationship stories. The fact that his partner already has someone picked out should be enough of a red flag but lol nope let’s ask the internet anyway!!

Just move to Cabo on her dime, easy fix.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Take the money! She's already checked out emotionally, might as well get paid before the inevitable break up.

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
My (21F) boyfriend (22M) is kind of dumb

quote:

It sounds harsh but it’s kind of true.

We go to the same college and we’re both biology majors so we spend almost every school day together and we’ve been together since we were freshmen. He is kind of a stereotype, I didn’t know it before but now I realized. He’s very attractive and buff and he looks great in glasses and a white coat. But I don’t know if he’s gonna be able to get into med school like honestly. Actually, forget med school. He does some dumb stuff sometimes that make me wonder if he’s mentally matured. I love him and I’m not gonna break up with him, this is probably just a rant. I love him and he’s great as a boyfriend and with emotional stuff. He’s better in high stress situations since he has like 0 anxiety and he can get me to relax and think critically. He’s so sweet and appreciates me and is very loving.

But he has thrown out my BC because he thought they were old antibiotics. Like he saw they were in the round container and could have read it, but he saw they were small and round and assumed they were antibiotics from when I was sick last year and threw them out.

We have the same classes so during a lab, we had to construct a graph... he didn’t know how to make it. Like, he didn’t know that one data goes on the bottom, the other goes on the side and you use the numbers to graph it... he couldn’t understand that. And he doesn’t understand the loving Punnet Square. I watched a video with him explaining it. I explained it myself. He still didn’t understand it. Simple Rr x Rr, high school stuff. That was so frustrating considering we are 4th year biology students.

We live together currently and he’s done a lot of... questionable things. Microwaved spoons. Tried to take bread from the toaster with a fork. He’s actually doubled up on condoms once, thankfully he did it in front of me so I told him it would break more easily because of friction. He thought it’d be added protection. I had organic chem lab with him and he said he wanted to steal methanol from the lab and make drinks with it... methanol. Basically poison.

He’s just so naive sometimes like he has answered scam calls and thought they were legit and I had to stop him before he gave our info.

It’s frustrating. I have to deal with all the bills and important tasks because I can’t trust him with it. I wish he was just more... knowledgeable of normal things. Holy poo poo like once I asked him to wash the dishes and he LICKED THEM CLEAN and put them away because saliva has antibacterial properties so he thought it was fine. And he said it tasted great so it was a win win situation.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bullshit.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

chitoryu12 posted:

This is what wearing t-shirts that say "one penis forever" in front of kitschy murals in Nashville hath wrought

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

welcome to hell posted:

He’s playing the long con to see how much he can get away with.

Pretty impressive so far TBH.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for putting the work in to find a woman's lost wedding ring in lake after they gave up looking for it weeks before?

Reply All did part of an episode on the Ringfinders, a sort of national association of weirdos with metal detectors who specialize in finding lost rings for free. While, yeah, I'm gonna side-eye some guy in Birks with a metal detector on the beach, it is a nice and good thing they're doing. This guy is an rear end in a top hat if he sells the ring though, unquestionably. They spent 2 hours looking for it, which is longer than I would ever spend, he is reasonably sure they want it back, and he knows it's not his. He's probably legally within his rights, but selling it would be an rear end in a top hat move.

Haifisch posted:

AITA for intentionally getting a lesbian to baptize my daughter?

Her husband is making an excellent point. She's using a lesbian woman she doesn't know or care about as a prop for dunking on her stupid mom and sister. Her plan sounds like the plot to an Always Sunny episode.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

welcome to hell posted:

In twenty years he'll be a pediatrician in New York and he'll start dating a comedy writer

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for handing my daughter to the police?

My daughter Leah is very intelligent. She was an early developer and was always advanced for her age. We tested her and found that she has a very high IQ and from an early age was far ahead of her peers in her academic ability.

At the age of 15 she is still very talented. She completed her English GCSE and a Mathematics A level at 14 (for context GCSE's are completed at the end of school at 16, while A levels are completed at the age of 18 before university). This is so rare that she actually made the local papers and got some publicity for the school. Having completed her exams early her school have brought in university-level work for her to complete in her lessons. One of her teachers even suggested she consider oxford/cambridge as an option for the future, something we would fully support her in if she chooses.

Outside of school she is a very pretty, fun loving girl. She has lots of friends and is out at parties or other things with them every weekend. We don't mind this and are happy to pay for her expensive clothes and things like that as a reward for her achievements.

However, Leah has been in a lot of trouble in school before. She doesn't argue with teachers or anything like that but has been in trouble for bullying other girls. Several times me or her mum Eleanor have been called into the school because Leah and her friends have been accused of bullying. In addition to this, she has been suspended for smoking cannabis when she was 13.

Recently Leah and her friends were pulled into the school office again. The head teacher explained that extreme bullying had been happening. No physical violence but I was shown abusive texts dating back over a year, videos of a girl taken in which several girls mock and taunt her until she is in tears, and cruel social media posts about her. Leah wasn't the only one accused but she was by far the worst offender. The worst of it was when I was told that Leah and her friends created a fake account of a boy online and convinced the victim to send pictures which they then spread around the school. This was absolutely sickening to hear.

Leah was expelled from school, but the case has been referred to the police. Leah fully admitted to doing these things, and due to this I think that she needs to face the consequences for such disgusting behaviour. Eleanor and I had an argument last night. I want to take Leah to the police station and have her make a full confession. Eleanor still thinks there is a chance of salvaging her future and wants to protect Leah so she will still have a chance at uni in the future.

I do appreciate that we have to put our daughter's future first, but surely it's only fair to punish her for this behaviour? We have already stripped her of privileges. We've taken her phone, tablet and laptop and forbid her from seeing her friends, but I think something as cruel as what she has done needs to see real consequences.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my gf to not leave the house without a bra?

Recently my gf and I got into a little argument about her not wearing a bra a couple of times when we’ve gone out. Side note that she has small boobs and her excuse for not wearing a bra is that it’s because she has small boobs and no one will notice. But here’s the thing, I notice and it makes me extremely uncomfortable. Not only is it inappropriate, I don’t want random creeps staring at her obvious nipples... (we live in a colder area). I made her promise not to leave the house again without wearing a bra and this is where she said that I’m being an AH. But I personally don’t think I am. She says it’s for her comfort and because she has small boobs she doesn’t “need” to wear a bra. But honestly it’s inappropriate for other people when we go out and I don’t want other guys staring at my gf’s tits. Small or not.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

AITA for kicking my friend out of my house because he ate all the snacks for the gathering?

Goddamn man it's one thing to do that at home but when you're in front of food for a group how greedy do you have to be to eat all of the food?

Now I want to find that story someone posted of the lady with such a sugar addiction shes shoving kids out of the way to eat 3/4th of their birthday cake and two dozen donuts

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for handing my daughter to the police?

My daughter Leah is very intelligent. She was an early developer and was always advanced for her age. We tested her and found that she has a very high IQ and from an early age was far ahead of her peers in her academic ability.

At the age of 15 she is still very talented. She completed her English GCSE and a Mathematics A level at 14 (for context GCSE's are completed at the end of school at 16, while A levels are completed at the age of 18 before university). This is so rare that she actually made the local papers and got some publicity for the school. Having completed her exams early her school have brought in university-level work for her to complete in her lessons. One of her teachers even suggested she consider oxford/cambridge as an option for the future, something we would fully support her in if she chooses.

Outside of school she is a very pretty, fun loving girl. She has lots of friends and is out at parties or other things with them every weekend. We don't mind this and are happy to pay for her expensive clothes and things like that as a reward for her achievements.

However, Leah has been in a lot of trouble in school before. She doesn't argue with teachers or anything like that but has been in trouble for bullying other girls. Several times me or her mum Eleanor have been called into the school because Leah and her friends have been accused of bullying. In addition to this, she has been suspended for smoking cannabis when she was 13.

Recently Leah and her friends were pulled into the school office again. The head teacher explained that extreme bullying had been happening. No physical violence but I was shown abusive texts dating back over a year, videos of a girl taken in which several girls mock and taunt her until she is in tears, and cruel social media posts about her. Leah wasn't the only one accused but she was by far the worst offender. The worst of it was when I was told that Leah and her friends created a fake account of a boy online and convinced the victim to send pictures which they then spread around the school. This was absolutely sickening to hear.

Leah was expelled from school, but the case has been referred to the police. Leah fully admitted to doing these things, and due to this I think that she needs to face the consequences for such disgusting behaviour. Eleanor and I had an argument last night. I want to take Leah to the police station and have her make a full confession. Eleanor still thinks there is a chance of salvaging her future and wants to protect Leah so she will still have a chance at uni in the future.

I do appreciate that we have to put our daughter's future first, but surely it's only fair to punish her for this behaviour? We have already stripped her of privileges. We've taken her phone, tablet and laptop and forbid her from seeing her friends, but I think something as cruel as what she has done needs to see real consequences.

One of those stories where first impression from the title is completely flipped by the end.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Boyfriend isn’t as sexy as he could be

quote:

I love my boyfriend, but it’s really hard to stay attracted to him atm. When he’s leaving for work he cleans up nicely and is super sexy, but when he’s home he doesn’t feel the need to impress me. I wish he would shower every morning and get dressed at least. If not going into work he doesn’t even put on pants lately which may sound sexy to some people, but he looks so stupid in his old underwear, doesn’t really brush his teeth, and is just covered in dog hair all the time. His hair looks stupid and ragged because he doesn’t style it unless he has to go to the office. and he smells bad because his shower schedule gets off. I’ve asked him a few times if he can put on pants, or do his hair, but I feel like his mom sometimes. Shouldn’t he want to look good? Bumming around the house in sweatpants seems like it would be ok once and awhile for a normal person, but he doesn’t do that, he takes it to a whole new level. He’s so gross looking when he’s around the house, and I catch him picking his nose or teeth all the time. It makes me so turned off. I shower everyday and spend a ton of time looking my best everyday no matter if I’m leaving the house. If he doesn’t have to leave he just makes me feel like I’m living with a hobo. When he’s sitting anywhere around the house he is always playing with his penis too. He doesn’t jack off with it he just mindlessly flips it around and tugs at it(it’s flacid usually when he does this) It makes me feel like I’m with a little boy who tugs on his pee-pee for comfort and it’s NOT sexy. I’ve mentioned really politely that I think it’s kind of odd that his penis is ALWAYS out when we watch tv but he doesn’t care. Even sometimes when he drives and is wearing shorts he’s playing with his wet rag of a penis. We have been having less sex lately and I think it’s because I cant find him as sexy when I’m seeing penis all the time and he can’t stop touching it.

When we first started dating he never did this, he impressed me by always looking his best, and kept his cock in his pants unless we were intimate. and it was fine. Now I just feel like I’m living with a gross child.

Edit: I’m sorry this is so venty, I have been holding this in awhile and I guess it just overflowed. Re-reading this I sound shallow, but if I was shallow I would have left already.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Dazerbeams posted:

One of those stories where first impression from the title is completely flipped by the end.

She should celebrate, she’s raising a perfect tech company CEO

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Pinecone Sample posted:

How dare you scratch your balls in your own home in an unsexy manner

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
He's not scratching himself, it sounds like he's compulsively flip floppin his cock around

also he stinks, so he's probably a goonlord with a number of issues

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

/r/relationships: playing with his wet rag of a penis

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

^^^^^^This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

man if this is the bar to clear for 'as sexy as he could be' I have not been living down to my potential

The Bramble posted:

They spent 2 hours looking for it, which is longer than I would ever spend

If your time is worth more than $3k/hr I don't think you really need worry about ring ransom, Mr. Bezos