Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
I started a bandwagon, I'm so proud of myself. Though I kind of wish I'd done it with the very last shot before the credits roll, which also owns in a slightly different way.

seriously, I counted and I took 219 screenshots from start to end help

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah I'm also in the club of now being far too attached to my current WoL after ShB to ever consider fantasiaing

That's just who that character is now to me

:yeah: I was already kind of attached to my grey elf; I've popped a couple of Fantasias but I always wind up looping back after a couple of weeks. At this point it's just feel weird to continue the story with a different character.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The only thing I don't really like about the ending is that Emet-Selch is dead now. I wanted him to stick around and keep being evil. He was by far the best villain/antagonist the game has had. Like, I get why he needed to die, what with being directly opposed to the Scions goals and wanting to kill everyone and all, but he was compelling in a way the other Ascians and Zenos aren't. I didn't care about Zenos to begin with and I care even less now. The only way I'd be interested in that is if he's not the main bad guy going forward. I don't expect the writers to pull a Vegeta and make him join the team or whatever, but it would be more interesting if he's not going to be directly antagonistic to the WoL this time around. They should probably add a little more character to Elidibus too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

I love the dancer's default pants too much to ever change them, I think.

You probably already know, but just in case, there is a dyeable version available on the MB rather cheap. It’s what I use on my dancer glam.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Cropped but w/e.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Here's my lalafell archer in the lvl 15 armor set from the smith training quests. Not pictured is the sick rear end +30% exp ring.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Fun Times! posted:

Here's my lalafell archer in the lvl 15 armor set from the smith training quests. Not pictured is the sick rear end +30% exp ring.

solid name/post combo tbh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MechaX posted:

I'd bandwagon as well, but I have no idea how much of a hassle it is on the PS4 because I never use the screencap or share poo poo ever

Either share to a twitter account or just plug in a USB drive, go to Capture Gallery in the dashboard, hit Options, Copy to USB and select what you want

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

Coming from someone who missed stormblood entirely and is only familiar with how MCH was during Heavensward, I'm having way more fun with MCH now than I ever have. You're not having to try and juggle reloading into your cooldown set to even be able to properly 1-2-3 and I absolutely do not miss the old '50% to do the next step in the combo' mechanic when you're out of reloads. Your dps priority is no longer solely on nailing that perfect wildfire and you have a pretty varied kit of things to break out. Hell, the way RDM and DNC did their "50% of the time your combo does something different" mechanics feels way, way better in practice because even if it it fails you've still got something else you can hit to continue on with your combo. The old MCH support stuff like mp refresh always felt awkwardly crowbarred into the class just because BRD had it and square wanted some level of parity. Breaking that away from MCH and allowing them to be the :airquote: selfish :airquote: dps class allows them to do more interesting things with the DPS rotation and give them better damage tools. Granted it's still super early in the xpac and there's another balance pass incoming in the near future, but right now it looks like MCH is pushing 'not quite BLM/SAM' dps numbers, on par with MNK or thereabouts, which seems like a good spot for it considering it's ranged, incredibly mobile, and not positional dependent but with not a lot of group support.

The problem is we've shifted away from nailing the perfect wildfire to always keeping Drill/AA on cooldown no matter what, which gets really awkward sometimes. At least in 4.5 MCH all your cooldowns synced together really nicely as long as you did your rotation right. Instead of a rotation that repeated pretty much perfectly every 60 seconds (outside of Hypercharge which was pretty easy to fit in), you have whatever monstrosity there is now where the two skills that dictate the rest of your rotation are affected by skillspeed and so you have some insane ungodly thing where you only repeat your stuff every 4.59 minutes or so. Watching your Drill/AA cooldowns like a hawk to figure out when you can use Hypercharge also sucks balls. I wish we had a heat dump that didn't come with 8 seconds of commitment.

New MCH is pretty fun if you don't particularly care to optimise, and that's fine. It's great in dungeons with all the AoE it can poo poo out. I guess the joke's on me for caring about raid optimisation.

There that's my new MCH rant complete.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
God I love all the fae side quests.

Urianger tricked the faeries into thinking he loathes when they make "brown water" by boiling it with leaves in it and adding sugar, but he's so polite that he drinks it all after gagging when he first sips it. I really enjoy the idea of someone as straight edge as Urianger just loving clowning on the fae while he hung out in Il Mheg for years and years. :allears:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Done!

That was a hell of a ride beginning through he end. I had to sit in the last little hype room for a little bit to calm down so I could heal the final. (and take a bunch of screenshots)

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
You are all cute ITT. Please don't ever stop sharing selfies.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Made a new glam to go with my fairy book. This is the first time I haven't used the Form and Function hairstyle in a while.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

i was doing exdr with a pal tonight. the one where the final boss of the dungeon mean knockback to the whole party and you have to sprint through electricity

i had just summoned queen and she had just summoned fray as everyone got knocked away. except them. they don’t give a gently caress. :allears:

I had a similar thing happen to me when I did that dungeon on my MCH, except the boss was just about to die when he did the knockback, so when everyone was flung backwards, my robot just dashed forward, punched him in the dick once, and ended the fight. :allears:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Rhonne posted:

I had a similar thing happen to me when I did that dungeon on my MCH, except the boss was just about to die when he did the knockback, so when everyone was flung backwards, my robot just dashed forward, punched him in the dick once, and ended the fight. :allears:

Last night in The Twinning. Saw someone run up to the boss and stand in his time stops, was freaking out until I realized A) they were still moving and B) they were a robot

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't wait for the raids to come out so healers can freak out when they see a bunch of robots and shadow clones rushing bosses through AOEs.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Rhonne posted:

I can't count how often I've summoned Fray (sorry, I mean Esteem) and then immediately thought "what loving dps decided I needed help tanking right in front of this boss?" before realizing my error.

Hokkaido Anxiety fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 9, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nodosaur posted:

I'm finished up through the fight with Titania.

That last scene against the Eulmoran soldiers plays out like a horror movie goddamn.

Also, forget Haurchefant, the saddest thing in this game is now Seto and Ardbert.

:smith:

Birb feels

I have to say I was honestly surprised at (77-78 spoilers) how much I actually ended up caring about Ryne's self-doubt and decision, and Thancred's acceptance of her. I also thought they nailed Thancred's desperation and just completely outmatched status with no magic in the fight with Ranjit, although I think it would have been more powerful if he died having protected Ryne's choice to not be Minifilia, and joined Minifilia in the Aether flow or whatever

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 9, 2019

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Shellman posted:

I can't count how often I've summoned Fray (sorry, I mean Esteem) and then immediately thought "what loving dps decided I needed help tanking right on front of this boss?" before realizing my error.

sometimes i move to the front of the boss explicitly to drop my robot there so the tank has a friend! :buddy:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You know what I feel like when I'm running around as a Hrothgar? Like when I was playing an Orc back in WoW. I'm starting to think that SE might actually be onto something with the differentiated body types here.

Your Hrothgar looks a lot like mine, but I went Helion instead of Lost. I honestly felt the same way about the Orc thing. Kinda nostalgic, in a way. With green skin options, I considered making the closest facsimile to my old Orc Warrior as I could, but I ended up sticking with the old lion look. I'm still not 100% sold on him yet.

I've played as Elezen for most of my time on this game, with a brief transition to Miqo'te that I rather enjoyed, but it's kind of strange to be so w i d e. It's got me rearranging all of my glams that don't work as well anymore. The Hingan merchant's haori looks abysmal on Hrothgar, but the Filibuster tank coat, which was too puffy on my elf, looks amazing on my man cat.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 9, 2019

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

gently caress it, bandwagon.

I should probably find a new top that my hair doesn't clip through. :v:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

:smith:

Birb feels

I have to say I was honestly surprised at (77-78 spoilers) how much I actually ended up caring about Ryne's self-doubt and decision, and Thancred's acceptance of her. I also thought they nailed Thancred's desperation and just completely outmatched status with no magic in the fight with Ranjit, although I think it would have been more powerful if he died having protected Ryne's choice to not be Minifilia, and joined Minifilia in the Aether flow or whatever
Regarding that particular leg of the quest: I completely bought it. I mean it helped that I didn't take a break but it was like "ah gently caress, Thancred's loving dead now. Tataru's gonna be taking care of his empty body til it rots." I mean they might have pulled that trigger but then they would have had to put in a new Trust character. :v:

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:bandwagon:

Love the gunbreaker AF gear.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Leofish posted:

I've played as Elezen for most of my time on this game, with a brief transition to Miqo'te that I rather enjoyed, but it's kind of strange to be so w i d e. It's got me rearranging all of my glams that don't work as well anymore. The Hingan merchant's haori looks abysmal on Hrothgar, but the Filibuster tank coat, which was too puffy on my elf, looks amazing on my man cat.

The 78 crafted gear is kinda hilarious on my Au Ra because it just completely swamps me, so you just have this tiny dragon in a million layers of fabric. There's a couple of other armor pieces like that too. Main problem is still that a lot of healer gear clips with long hair, though. Or the rare occasions where there's really bad tail clipping (or tail sleeves like on the Evenstar top).

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rhonne posted:

I can't wait for the raids to come out so healers can freak out when they see a bunch of robots and shadow clones rushing bosses through AOEs.

As I said, the EX trials are bad enough!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I could of swore at some point during Heavensward post 2.0 where there was a cutscene of Thancred in the starting stages of being able to channel aether again. Was I misremembering that or is that just a dropped plot beat?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

DeathSandwich posted:

I could of swore at some point during Heavensward post 2.0 where there was a cutscene of Thancred in the starting stages of being able to channel aether again. Was I misremembering that or is that just a dropped plot beat?

I really don't think it's necessary to spoiler literally years old plot points but I don't recall this thing you're talking about.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
New MCH definitely has a much lower skill floor, which is great. "Medicore MCH" wasn't really a thing that existed in Stormblood (granted, "MCH" wasn't really a thing that existed in Stormblood but shhh). The skill cap is a good deal higher now, but the optimizations aren't terribly fun. I really miss the fluidity of previous iterations, even if they were janky. This specific brand of jank is a bit more frustrating to me. I still miss my old job (and I still extremely miss the HW iteration, but I know I'm absolutely a minority there), but I think this version is decent and has potential. There are just some rough edges that need to be shaved off, and quickly.

Unrelatedly, end of MSQ spoilers: I'm totally cool with Emet-Selch being killed off and don't want him to come back. His arc was great and he's the best antagonist the series has had by a considerable margin, but I wouldn't want his arc to continue. Like, I'd love to listen to him talk and snark more. Where I land though is that I think this is a place where "leave the crowd wanting for more" is the right play. Someone like him could so easily wear out his welcome with prolonged exposure.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Newbie question is it possible to keybind the ability to move on to the next chat bubble in cutscenes? I'm on PC with mouse/kb.

I know you can left/right click, or use the autoprogress thing with space and tab/shift tab but I'd like to just have a keybind so after I'm finishing reading I can move on instead of either using the mouse or waiting it out.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Slider posted:

Newbie question is it possible to keybind the ability to move on to the next chat bubble in cutscenes? I'm on PC with mouse/kb.

I know you can left/right click, or use the autoprogress thing with space and tab/shift tab but I'd like to just have a keybind so after I'm finishing reading I can move on instead of either using the mouse or waiting it out.

by default you can press numpad 0

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Alakaiser posted:

Unrelatedly, end of MSQ spoilers: I'm totally cool with Emet-Selch being killed off and don't want him to come back. His arc was great and he's the best antagonist the series has had by a considerable margin, but I wouldn't want his arc to continue. Like, I'd love to listen to him talk and snark more. Where I land though is that I think this is a place where "leave the crowd wanting for more" is the right play. Someone like him could so easily wear out his welcome with prolonged exposure.

Agreed 100% it would take away from the whole "reveal" before the trial and the remember us comment before vanishing. He is one of my favourite characters in the franchise and I'll miss him a bunch but outside "flashbacks" or "echo visions" I hope he stays dead because it was executed perfectly as is.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I love Zenos. His entire character is an evil FF14 player who started in the Garlean Empire instead of Limsa or whatever, with all the effects that entails.

His starting introduction in Stormblood had him with his revolving holster collecting weapons like a genocidal magpie (exactly like an MMO player). He's effortlessly strong compared to 95% of the things he encounters and considers them minor speedbumps and extremely annoying (just like dungeon trash and open world mobs). He wants cool fights with strong opponents (seeing a pattern?). He makes tactically unsound short-term decisions because they will result in better fights long-term. He even got chumped in a forced vehicle fight at the end of Stormblood MSQ and unsubbed for a while in frustration. When he came back he found a foreign hacker stole his old account and was loving around in his old guild. He bought a new account and powerleveled his new character back to the top like a boss, kicked the poo poo out of the hacker on his old character and took his account back, then ensured that nothing dumb like a cutscene of chemical weapons working would stop him from wandering-mistrel'ing the WoL. I'm glad my psychopathic buddy is back, and that he still wants cool bosses.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alakaiser posted:

My only issue is that I think SE is going to have a hard time making the Ascians more engaging than they have just now been. I think 5.0 would have been terrific as their swan song, the emotional climax and denoument for the Ascian plot. It's so good I have my doubts that Elidibus can carry the Ascian plot forward as well as Emet carried this expansion.

I'd love to be wrong, though, and SE definitely earned the benefit of the doubt back from me.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Alakaiser posted:

Unabashedly I want his walking away wave an emote. I loved that little 'flip, flip, wave' movement he'd do

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Slider posted:

You can bind a generic interaction button (the default is num0, I use g) that also works like what you want. It's generally pretty smart like choosing objects (retainer bells etc.) before things like other players, but the default position on some menus are sort of annoying (defaulting to no instead of yes) it's not consistent either, different menus behave differently.

For cs or just generic interaction text it would work the same as a left mouse click.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Zodiac5000 posted:

I love Zenos. His entire character is an evil FF14 player who started in the Garlean Empire instead of Limsa or whatever, with all the effects that entails.

His starting introduction in Stormblood had him with his revolving holster collecting weapons like a genocidal magpie (exactly like an MMO player). He's effortlessly strong compared to 95% of the things he encounters and considers them minor speedbumps and extremely annoying (just like dungeon trash and open world mobs). He wants cool fights with strong opponents (seeing a pattern?). He makes tactically unsound short-term decisions because they will result in better fights long-term. He even got chumped in a forced vehicle fight at the end of Stormblood MSQ and unsubbed for a while in frustration. When he came back he found a foreign hacker stole his old account and was loving around in his old guild. He bought a new account and powerleveled his new character back to the top like a boss, kicked the poo poo out of the hacker on his old character and took his account back, then ensured that nothing dumb like a cutscene of chemical weapons working would stop him from wandering-mistrel'ing the WoL. I'm glad my psychopathic buddy is back, and that he still wants cool bosses.

I keep telling people that Zenos is basically a hardcore pvper and you are the first person to ever beat him, and Zenos is a lot of things but a cheater isn't one of them.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Alakaiser posted:

I agree with your overall point that Emet’s arc is great as it is and adding more is not always a good idea. I just liked having a good villain for a change instead of one who’s just “I want to kill everyone because I’m evil”, which is basically what the other ascians have been up until now. Now that they’ve established more of their backstory and why they’re doing what they’re doing hopefully Elidibus and whoever else will get some actual characterization. I’m interested in where they’ll take the “WoL is an ascian and probably summoned Hydaelyn” plot too. The WoL creating god is a lot cooler than the other way around.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm in the minority I guess because I absolutely want Emet back, Shadowbringers is a husband collection simulator and I am loathe to lose even one more of them at this point.

Also let me hug him. Let me hug everyone.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I suspect this is going to be a really unpopular opinion, but I feel like Black Mage is... kind of awkward? Specifically, I really don't know what Fire I is doing here anymore. It just feels vestigial to me. Obviously I know what to use it for (refresh Astral Fire when you don't have a Firestarter proc) but that just kind of feels like an unnecessary extra button to me. Plus it makes setting up hotbars for scaling down much more of a pain.

I find myself wishing that Fire IV and Blizzard IV just replaced their rank-I versions while Enochian is active, maybe with a trait that makes Enochian lower Fire III's cast time to 2.5s while active. I dunno, something like that. Just that one change would smooth things out a ton, I think.

Maybe there's some nuance there that I'm missing but that a more experienced BLM player can point out and then I will feel suitably stupid.

Then again, I'm also the guy who despised SB BRD for having way too many plates to keep spinning and procs to keep hitting so it could be that I just have insanely bad opinions. And to be clear, I think BLM is a really cool and fun job on the whole. There are just a couple things that feel really clunky to me and it's hard for me to really reconcile it.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 9, 2019

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Note Block posted:

All I want is an in-cutscene option to hug him. Please yoship, PLEASE just let me hug him once. He flat out cried when you called him by his real name, he moved heaven and earth to save your life, all he wants to do is be happy with you, just let me hug him once.

Note Block posted:

I'm in the minority I guess because I absolutely want Emet back, Shadowbringers is a husband collection simulator and I am loathe to lose even one more of them at this point.

Also let me hug him. Let me hug everyone.

You and I think alike. :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I swore off the thread around level 72 cause I knew I'd want to read people's reactions and it was worth it. Echoing the story being great all around.

Also, jumping on the spoiler photo bandwagon, super late MSQ spoilers, don't click:

More of y'all need to swap to bara cats:

E: Don't forget spoiler tags Bright!