Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

I have news about that, but I feel a bit odd about clogging things up with it, basically I am on now on plan C, the cyborg poo poo was a no go in the end, so now I am having BAHA hearing aids, which I really wanted to avoid.
They drill two titanium bolts into your skull then a hearing aid clips to them on each side, so sound gets transduced straight to my cochlear's using my skull.
It's all a bit mad, and I am really not happy about it, I currently have a test version which clamps to my head using this metal hair band type thing, it does work and they say the final version will be even better, but yeah, I didn't want to end up where I have ended up really.
The upside is when I get them installed I'll be able to bluetooth music and TV directly into my head though the hearing aids, so on balance it loving rocks.

Don't apologize for clogging up the thread. Christ, it is not like this thread is some bastion of perfect posting.

I only asked because I care and many others do too given your contributions playing and recording this loving dumpster fire of a game. In short, reddit might be amazed that we at SA are actually decent people.

So getting to the headband type thing, is it sort of like a Frankenstein type thing on your skull instead of your neck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I'm sort of out of options, the bit of your hearing from outer ear to just behind the ear drums is basically dying, so we need to bypass all that poo poo and direct to brain pretty much, it's just over the years I've seen people with these and it always stuck in my mind as something I never wanted, I have come to terms with it now though and looking at the positives - I'll be able to hear people and it turns out even with this test version the stereo in my car is insanely cool, the music has no direction, it's just in my head :v:

It's been 24 years, 6 major operations and countless other poo poo, so at this point I'll just be glad it's over, sort of - I'll always need operations every other year or so I think.

I have heard that if you believe, playing Wing Commander and everything about it, can cure you.

It was designed by Chris Roberts and he is god-like with special powers.

Inconclution, playing Chris Roberts games can make everything better.

Join the cult. (Minimum purchase of an Idris/Javelin combo to be in with a chance of a miracle)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Also, have you been getting That Kazan(?) to edit your config files to make Star Citizen look bad?

So so angry.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
/r/StarCitizen mods think Beet's and Payday's comments broke the rules :negative:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Quavers posted:

/r/StarCitizen mods think Beet's and Payday's comments broke the rules :negative:

Honestly I can't even fault them, it's the easiest way to head off the actual lunatics who are going to lose their minds at those posts. Hell, if they were smart they'd automod me and just let me keep screaming into the void.

e: :rip:

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 9, 2019

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Honestly I can't even fault them, it's the easiest way to head off the actual lunatics who are going to lose their minds at those posts.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Who cares if it’s doomed? Is that depression stage, or acceptance?

Glad some of em are now going with “it was the journey all along”. For those of us with none or very little invested years ago, I kinda agree.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I have never met a community that was so butt-mad about people making funny glitch videos. Their goddamn community manager is a guy who got moderate fame from making funny glitch videos, but you wouldn't know it to look at the community these days. They are so terrified of the words "I was wrong" that they are now actively avoiding looking at the game for fear of seeing that it's broken, and they hate that anyone is bringing them footage that doesn't cast it perfectly.

Meanwhile if you go to Warframe's reddit right now and post a video of npc's getting stuck in walls and guns firing backwards and stupid pratfalls, they're going to laugh and upvote you, because bugs are funny and they haven't staked out some lunatic position about DE being the savior of all gaming.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I know cutt88 reads the thread so he knows that there are plenty of people here that only show up every 6 months

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Colostomy Bag posted:

Don't apologize for clogging up the thread. Christ, it is not like this thread is some bastion of perfect posting.

I only asked because I care and many others do too given your contributions playing and recording this loving dumpster fire of a game. In short, reddit might be amazed that we at SA are actually decent people.

So getting to the headband type thing, is it sort of like a Frankenstein type thing on your skull instead of your neck?

:agreed:

What I really want to know is if you will hear like the Bionic Woman?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

a real live reddit nazi posted:

By the way, many of you uber haters were the projects biggest fanboys in the beggining. Then some major event happened and gave you a major trauma and you became its' biggest haters. I even think Major Tom is one of those guys.

Hey buddy let me give you a hint about the "major trauma" here, because none of this is secret: Yeah, lots of us wanted the game, and then we realized the entire project was a complete farce, and now we make jokes about it because sometimes it's funny.

That's it man, mystery solved.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Quavers posted:

https://youtu.be/fkL89w4oFFo?t=4144

"When a patch would come out, the top streamers - including me in my timeslot - would get around 600-1000 viewers on day 1 of that patch. I had just over 200 this time (for 3.6). Nobody cares about this game anymore"

Oh no, where’d my viewers go?

(Tho TBH even Rexshilla is feeling it these days. I thought “fear of the new leads to salt” but apparently sucky releases do too... worse still, it leads to disinterest. Even for the young-uns. Hmmm.)

peter gabriel posted:

I have news about that, but I feel a bit odd about clogging things up with it, basically I am on now on plan C, the cyborg poo poo was a no go in the end, so now I am having BAHA hearing aids, which I really wanted to avoid.
They drill two titanium bolts into your skull then a hearing aid clips to them on each side, so sound gets transduced straight to my cochlear's using my skull.
It's all a bit mad, and I am really not happy about it, I currently have a test version which clamps to my head using this metal hair band type thing, it does work and they say the final version will be even better, but yeah, I didn't want to end up where I have ended up really.
The upside is when I get them installed I'll be able to bluetooth music and TV directly into my head though the hearing aids, so on balance it loving rocks.

You’re the thread MVP of all time, :pgabz: - you can’t clog it up! Any page with the dancing cat on it is a great one.

It’s a drag if it wasn’t what you were hoping for, but a relief that it’ll work and you’ve made peace with it. I’m sure all the uncertainty over this long stretch has itself been a source of stress. It’ll be good for that to go away.

Sarsapariller posted:

They are so terrified of the words "I was wrong" that they are now actively avoiding looking at the game for fear of seeing that it's broken, and they hate that anyone is bringing them footage that doesn't cast it perfectly.

Sooner or later they’ll be charting their course for the final destination in this grand adventure, the Nedan System. It is there they will learn his peaceful prayer “At least they tried.”

G0RF fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 9, 2019

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

I have never met a community that was so butt-mad about people making funny glitch videos. Their goddamn community manager is a guy who got moderate fame from making funny glitch videos, but you wouldn't know it to look at the community these days. They are so terrified of the words "I was wrong" that they are now actively avoiding looking at the game for fear of seeing that it's broken, and they hate that anyone is bringing them footage that doesn't cast it perfectly.

Still on the front page:

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Well this was great fun I must say, the grey environment really makes an exciting mission to carry a box pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzvz7W08iA

I see that window still isn't fixed :smug:

peter gabriel posted:

That kinda sucks. Really happy you're seeing the end of it though. The upside is you're a cyberpunk danceycat now, and that owns !

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Get well soon Commando :glomp:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

I have never met a community that was so butt-mad about people goons making funny glitch videos.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

It's really nice that people care, I mean that :)
Yeah it sort of is like a franken thing, you have bulges of bone behind your ear lobe, that's your Mastoid, they drill into that and screw em in.
The headband is a temporary thing just so I can get a feel for it, it looks like this:

So you wear it a bit like a pair of glasses, but on the back of your head, this presses the hearing aids onto the Mastoid, so I get about 50% of the benefit compared to the final version - It works really well, but has taken some getting used to.
It's very tiring, they warn you about this, your brain gets tired because it is doing a lot of re learning, it;s a strange tiredness, it's a foggy feeling.

It's all a bit mad really, but on the upside redit has delivered in spades today :v:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Adam Jensen posting itt

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
redit gives me way too much credit, according to them I am an ex backer, probably a big investor that can hack game files and am on a mission to destroy CI¬G by orchestrating a campaign of hate, spending days making videos out of pure revenge.
Reality: I am a bit of a dick who likes laughing at stuff

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I swear I beat this guy up in Yakuza 0. He was named Loud Scowling Man.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

redit gives me way too much credit, according to them I am an ex backer, probably a big investor that can hack game files and am on a mission to destroy CI¬G by orchestrating a campaign of hate, spending days making videos out of pure revenge.
Reality: I am a bit of a dick who likes laughing at stuff

Who can't even put up a proper fence in his yard.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

tooterfish posted:

Adam Jensen posting itt

He never asked for this

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1148625568679600128

https://twitter.com/Lukas_Genever/status/1148607135808393216

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 9, 2019

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

It's easy to find us! We are sandwiched between the "SHAMWOW" booth and the "Ultramodern Car Wax" booths!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What the hell is this clusterfuck?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Quavers posted:

The rules of never doubt CR :agesilaus:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm the constant reminder that we hosed up the most basic part of our project

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I never bought Crysis, even though my pc could run it on high.

I did briefly play a ripped copy, but I found it pretty boring by the time you hit the water and uninstalled it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Crysis sells itself as a fun supersolider simulator like Crackdown but actually plays like a low-rent COD. It's always been a game series that's more notable for the benchmarking than actual fun gameplay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

:lol:

Is there more context for this? I don't get the impression that this is actually saying Star Citizen has moved over to Unreal Engine. Just that the even they are at is sponsored by Epic Games.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dementropy posted:

Still on the front page:

I guess our problem is our approach then. We need to make sure that our screenshots and videos are kind of sending an "Oh, you lovable scamp!" vibe instead of "This game is a trash fire, look at it."

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I said come in! posted:

:lol:

Is there more context for this? I don't get the impression that this is actually saying Star Citizen has moved over to Unreal Engine. Just that the even they are at is sponsored by Epic Games.

The context is that Epic is sponsoring the conference they are at so that is printed on every exhibitor and attendees' badge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Backers want Star Citizen to forever be in alpha so they can feel okay about handwaving away all of the serious issues.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Great stuff :lol:

I suddenly have 6 thumbs down :thurman:

Suddenly having 6 thumbs is extremely Star Citizen

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Here's some pointers on how to make a video that Citizens will enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmAbQZmMmSM

* Pick a ship everyone likes
* Make sure you read all the lore posts in an even voice directly into your microphone
* CIG has produced tons and tons of concept pictures and demo videos featuring your chosen ship- use them as filler while you read
* Do not, under any circumstances, mention that the ship doesn't actually exist in the game
* Talk about the ship as though there were lots of complex tactics and fleet combat considerations going into your coverage, instead of "It is a pretty picture"
* Really lean hard on rock-paper-scissor mechanical explanations. It's okay that none of this exists, it sounds really intuitive and nobody watching plays the game anyway
* Make sure you don't mention that the game barely supports 1-on-1 fighter battles, let alone the great big capship fights you are going to be describing
* Go really hard into dreams about crazy poo poo that even CIG would balk at promising. Blockades! Sector patrols! First response capability!
* Don't mention how much the ship costs
* DON'T MENTION HOW MUCH IT COSTS
* Be sure you praise the big weapon systems like torpedos, even though there has never been a point where they have worked in the game- this is about the idea of torpedos, not the reality

Rinse and repeat and you're on your way to literally dozens of views from the people who still care about this, and haven't become convinced that it's never actually releasing.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The typography and graphic design on that hotdog stand is incredibly lazy lmao. I guess you could argue that mom and pop foodcarts don't spend money on design but this is CIG were talking about and I dont think they were approaching it from that angle. They didn't even bother giving it a fun name, it's just Place with Hotdogs.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Lladre posted:

I never bought Crysis, even though my pc could run it on high.

I did briefly play a ripped copy, but I found it pretty boring by the time you hit the water and uninstalled it.

I used a "trainer" mod after getting bored of the game to make the player character able to jump super high, run super fast, throw super far and be bullet proof, so the player character was basically 'Tesco value IronMan'. It was fun running past speeding jeeps then grabbing the occupants and throwing them through buildings. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

peter gabriel posted:

If the novelization or whatever of Wing Commander could save Ben Lesnick's blind eyes then surely the soundtrack to Star Citizen can fix your hearing. Start blasting Full Burn 24/7.