Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Timby posted:

Mother of God, that commentary. :suicide:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

"Hooooo-lyyyyyy FUUUUUUUUUCK"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Necro has had at least a couple domestic violence incidents which should be more worrying than a brain-damaged veteran being a pro-Trump guy. Granted, all these things have a correlation.

Considering that Trump voters are basically people who think pro wrestling is real, you shouldn't be surprised that any given wrestler is a Trump guy.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Necro's brain has to be like 90% Tau protein at this point.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d71b3be7bdf746e03a6c3d85c873937d/tumblr_o1rd69Ezpf1ulky8uo1_400.gif

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d25ba6c2ecec7e7cb0d93ef136580b91/tumblr_palz99OoKk1u1urgoo1_400.gif

https://twitter.com/GlobalForceGold/status/1093779715696050176?s=19

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 8, 2019

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
super dragon is such a shitter

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

super dragon is such a shitter

Super Dragon freely gave and received concussions so maybe it balances out? I dunno. Concussions are bad.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

More the act of somebody too stupid to realize that people need their brains for smartmaking.Z
My general rule of thumb is don't expect people who hurt themselves for a living to spend much musing about hurting others.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 8, 2019

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Super Dragon is a confusing gimmick to me as to how he got so over. Fat lad in pyjamas and a mask and he's treated like a killer

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Super Dragon is a confusing gimmick to me as to how he got so over. Fat lad in pyjamas and a mask and he's treated like a killer
If you think that's confusing, he started his career in WCW as a cruiserweight

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

Well, a) he wasn't fat when he first got over, he just got fat when his body broke down
b) he really was amazing for the time. Has to be seen within the context of early to mid 00s indies, which was a real MOVES time. Dude was going out there and destroying his body on like XPW undercards and other So Cal indies in front of a hundred people re-enacting poo poo he'd seen on All Japan tapes purely for the amusement of him and his friends like Excalibur.
c) he had a real aura to him of cool and dangerous despite being a tape geek.
d) he did loving bad rear end poo poo like his incredibly vicious looking curbstomp and all the different Psycho Drivers. There were so many Super Dragon moves compilations/music videos and for good reason.
e) his pyjama gear wasn't great but was a step up from the usual gear for indy workers of the era, baggy garbage bag looking black vinyl trousers. And his mask was cool.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He was booked like a combo of ECW Taz and Sabu too so whenever he showed up you knew poo poo was going down. Who was the last person who had that kind of booking where just showing up after the lights went off meant some badass stuff was about to happen?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Super Dragon's mask is extremely cool.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

super dragon's gear is aggressively stupid and abysmal even by 2000s indie standards. He looks like the champion of a backyard fed who tried to dress like his SvR CAW

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

He was booked like a combo of ECW Taz and Sabu too so whenever he showed up you knew poo poo was going down. Who was the last person who had that kind of booking where just showing up after the lights went off meant some badass stuff was about to happen?

I was learning who Super Dragon was and why he mattered when he would occasionally come back to PWG and I remember one of those lights off -> curb stomp moments blowing the roof off that goddamn Reseda bingo hall.

[Edit] 2011 - aw man

https://youtu.be/bGr_y8NxcAo

Also the move compilation videos look like he’s murdering jobbers. Super Dragon forever.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 9, 2019

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
My introduction to Super Dragon was that video of him losing his poo poo at a fan that wouldn’t stop chanting his name.

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

oh my god, it doesn't give one goddamn bit!

gently caress!

stay in school, kids!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
My favourite Super Dragon thing is some video from a WWE house show in like Poland or something and you can hear two drunk guys chanting for Super Dragon.

Except with their accents it sounds like they're yelling SOUP OR DRAGON.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
That video was a treasure when it was first found.

Now it is just a blight and I wish people would not yell out SUPER DRAGON.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im gonna be honest i really respect super dragon for keeping that early 00s indie wrestling dork flame going all these years. he could have easily changed his look or name to something less preposterous but he stuck with it goddamnit.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Su-Per Dra-Gon

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Adaptabullshit posted:

That video was a treasure when it was first found.

Now it is just a blight and I wish people would not yell out SUPER DRAGON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5MemsJR_Ws

Embrace it

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw1C1d7g8QQ

I found the video I mentioned. It's great.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I was at the Thunder taping in Oakland where Blitzkrieg and Super Dragon had their dark match. They basically worked a lucha sprint and did some really cool dives. Super Dragon has already been working Mexico and I believe just turned 18. Looking back on it now it's pretty crazy seeing skinny flippy lucha Super Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNx9fPl8qSo&t=1399s

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pinche Rudo posted:

I was at the Thunder taping in Oakland where Blitzkrieg and Super Dragon had their dark match. They basically worked a lucha sprint and did some really cool dives. Super Dragon has already been working Mexico and I believe just turned 18. Looking back on it now it's pretty crazy seeing skinny flippy lucha Super Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNx9fPl8qSo&t=1399s

Holy poo poo he's absolutely tiny! That is so weird.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

My favorite part of this is how much the fan nosells Dragon getting in his face because nobody could possibly be afraid of a fat guy wearing trash bags

bartok
May 10, 2006

Who was the first heel you cheered for and who was the first face you booed?

For me the first heel I cheered was Brian Pillman simply because he was from Cincinnati, like me, even if he was teaming up with that jerk "Stunning" Steve Austin. The first face I booed was Hulk Hogan because I never forgave him for costing Sid Justice the WWF Title because of being a poor sport over being eliminated from the Rumble fair and square. I'm glad history has proven me right on that one.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I started watching wrestling at age like, 17, and when I first started watching I was very much in the "faces are good, heels are bad" mindset. The top feud at the time was HHH and Rock. About 6 weeks into being a fan, I told a friend of mine who I knew was also a fan and he was like "HHH owns, Rock sucks." Saying it out loud just blew my mind and I pretty much instantly switched allegiance to the heels.

So the first heel I cheered was HHH, who as also the first heel I booed, a few weeks earlier.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The Undertaker rules and Hulk Hogan is a stupid bald clown and I don't know why the fools in my kindergarten class didn't understand that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

bartok posted:

First heel I cheered was Bret Hart because I figured out pretty quick that when he was in the ring with boring people, they were suddenly interesting.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
i always cheered for regal because he was british and always hated john cena.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

bartok posted:

For me the first heel I cheered was Brian Pillman simply because he was from Cincinnati, like me, even if he was teaming up with that jerk "Stunning" Steve Austin. The first face I booed was Hulk Hogan because I never forgave him for costing Sid Justice the WWF Title because of being a poor sport over being eliminated from the Rumble fair and square. I'm glad history has proven me right on that one.

Hogan was the first face I booed for the same reason.

I think taker was the first heel I cheered for (he was a heel up until he teamed up with team America iirc?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bartok posted:

Ric Flair, 'cause he owned.

I hated Hulk as a child, and didn't much care for WWF in general

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I hated Hogan as a kid first because I found him to be one of the ugliest human beings I'd ever seen and it always looked like he was wearing yellow diapers.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

When I started watching in 2001, Chris Jericho was my favorite wrestler from day one and I continued to cheer him when he turned heel and won the WCW title from The Rock, and then when he won the undisputed championship later on. I think I finally started to boo him during the feud with HHH because HOLY poo poo TRIPLE H IS SO COOL :eng99: Obviously, Jericho was also booked as a total geek loser and doing stupid bullshit with Steph at that point, which was about a million times less entertaining than I was used to, so I just kinda gave up on him for a while. Of course he soon became one of my favorites again, when I started to understand how wrestling works.

As for booing faces, I don't think I had a particularly negative reaction to anyone. I started to find Bikertaker kind of lame by 2003, but I didn't actively hate him or anything even though I'd been reading forum comments about how much he sucked. I couldn't stand Cena a couple of years later, but by that point I was firmly an internet fan so that was kind of expected.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
My first exposure to Super Dragon was some video from like ten years ago with a fake Super Dragon that I remember being like Bastion Booger sized threatening to come back.

Does anyone else remember this?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Edge & Christian posted:

My first exposure to Super Dragon was some video from like ten years ago with a fake Super Dragon that I remember being like Bastion Booger sized threatening to come back.

Does anyone else remember this?
Yeah, I don't remember the context for it (weird promotion for some PWG show, I'd assume) but I definitely saw that video and it's the first thing that pops up in my head whenever someone mentions fat Super Dragon.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I absolutely wanted Andre to kill Hogan at WrestleMania 3. I really, really hated Hogan as a kid.

Then I saw him at a house show like a year later and cheered my head off like everyone else.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Bret Hart was my favourite wrestler so watching him lock that dork Rocky in the ring post figure four had me cheering. Also I couldn't fathom why people were cheering that cheating scum Stone Cold over Bret.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

bartok posted:

The Outsiders/NWO is the first time I remember being like, gently caress yeah the bad guy rules. At some point after I got sick of them and started rooting for DDP, Goldberg and such.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
I started watching around WrestleMania 3, and the first heel i cheered was Macho Man Randy Savage because I thought he was super cool. First face I booed was Hulk Hogan, because he killed the suspense of every match by never loving losing. Whenever he would Hulk Up, my blood would boil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I was a Bret kid so Shawn Michaels is the first face I really hated. I also kept cheering for Bret after he became a heel, but I also cheered for the NWO around that same time. I was in fourth/fifth grade around that time. I got into a fist fight at school with another kid because I cheered for the NWO.