Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Great stuff :lol:

I suddenly have 6 thumbs down :thurman:

It's just what you deserve you evil, config editing, FUDster.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I gave it a thumbs down because I was watching it on my phone and there was no sound.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

peter gabriel posted:

Well this was great fun I must say, the grey environment really makes an exciting mission to carry a box pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzvz7W08iA

Look at all those edited cfg file :ohdear:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You're just proving him right by watching his user page and sharing his posts in non-Star Citizen subs, honestly.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah, they are odd internet personalities not worth following outside the context of SC.

EDF 5 for PC arrives on Thursday. So cool.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

Still on the front page:

I didn't expect it so soon, but I just want to say... I called it three pages ago :smuggo:

Bofast posted:

I'm still waiting for Star Citizen to implement a purely headless mode. While it would be old news in the server tech space, it would be revolutionary in the games industry.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm the constant reminder that we hosed up the most basic part of our project

The irony :vince:

I wish I was in the area so I could wander up to them and ask them about their work with Unreal Engine.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Bofast posted:

The irony :vince:

I wish I was in the area so I could wander up to them and ask them about their work with Unreal Engine.

LOL. Bizarrely, I am in the area but I'm up in London tomorrow on business, and then it's board game Thursday on, erm, Thursday, so yeah, I won't be able to go.

I'm sure it will be great though, how could it not be with a prestigious tabletop set up like that?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dementropy posted:

Still on the front page:

Elderbean posted:

The typography and graphic design on that hotdog stand is incredibly lazy lmao. I guess you could argue that mom and pop foodcarts don't spend money on design but this is CIG were talking about and I dont think they were approaching it from that angle. They didn't even bother giving it a fun name, it's just Place with Hotdogs.

No joke. Did they pick up some SOTA designers recently?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
vertisce is fighting a battle against cyclists?!?
what the hell

his stuff is so random really

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

G0RF posted:

No joke. Did they pick up some SOTA designers recently?

Eh it's fine, I've seen plenty of real-life food carts that were just as bad as that or worse. Honestly I'd say they did a pretty good job on the aesthetic of that.

The only weird part is the lack of prices on the menu. And what are "seasonal" fries?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

He's got 88 problems, but Star Citizen ain't one.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I liked the use of the word "hanged" in the post title, I think the poster meant "hung", I hate to be some sort of stick in the mud with word usage but "hanged" generally involves gallows (SC though so might be freudian slip of sorts).

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Eh it's fine, I've seen plenty of real-life food carts that were just as bad as that or worse. Honestly I'd say they did a pretty good job on the aesthetic of that.

Stuff that looks like it came from royalty-free clip art is immersion breaking. This is Star Citizen - we need animated 3D holograms of dancing hotdogs or some crap...

There’s no way Chris approved this crap, not the guy who pushed for multiple revision cycles on a snoopy cap.

"Snoopy caps!"

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The only weird part is the lack of prices on the menu. And what are "seasonal" fries?

It's a well known fact space has seasons. Even better known is the space potato harvest every "slegmar" ( third space season).

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

G0RF posted:

Stuff that looks like it came from royalty-free clip art is immersion breaking. This is Star Citizen - we need animated 3D holograms of dancing hotdogs or some crap...

There’s no way Chris approved this crap, not the guy who pushed for multiple revision cycles on a snoopy cap.

"Snoopy caps!"

Well American astronauts do use a skull cap referred to as a snoopy cap. Not sure why it would be relevant hundreds of years later.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

monkeytek posted:

Well American astronauts do use a skull cap referred to as a snoopy cap. Not sure why it would be relevant hundreds of years later.

More relevant is that the director of the most celebrity packed game in history, a game still without functional combat, chose to be involving himself in design review decisions of the utmost triviality back then.

Yet he isn’t now. Where has the micromanaging QC gone?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Its less that it looks cheap, because lots of food carts are, and more that it looks like IRL clip art and comic sans mashed into a sci-fi setting.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I think he's just saying "how is it padded, for example, is it like [this real thing]?"

I'm sure there's much worse examples of Roberts being an excessive micro-manager than this.

Elderbean posted:

Its less that it looks cheap, because lots of food carts are, and more that it looks like IRL clip art and comic sans mashed into a sci-fi setting.

If you say so. Seems pretty benign to me. I find the novelty of a cheesy hot dog stand in a futuristic space station amusing enough. Honestly it's pretty amazing that Roberts let THAT amount of authenticity slip by instead of it being a fidelidous hyperdog constructinator or something.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 9, 2019

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The poor artists. Jesus lol

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Spatial posted:

The poor artists. Jesus lol

At this point anyone working there must know the score. But a paycheck is a paycheck I guess!

Keep doing what you're doing whales.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

tane is the hour.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Pretty much :v:
I'm sure once pipelines get thingied then things will happen

:love:

But also, good news!

Your video that was spreading hatred and disinformation was locked down by the guardians of the sc reddit before it caused to much damage/unease.

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 9, 2019

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

He's got 88 problems, but Star Citizen ain't one.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

reverend crabhands posted:

:love:

But also, good news!

Your video that was spreading hatred and disinformation was locked down by the guardians of the sc reddit before it caused to much damage/unease.

Totally not a cult.

Squiddite
Apr 15, 2001
Loligo vos omnes odet.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They're only available on Fridays.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-6-0m-ptu-2109978-patch-notes

quote:

The cargo lift elevator of the Reclaimer may move the wrong direction.
AI ships have an unintended wing wobble behavior.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

quote:

Ship components now have a chance to misfire. Components will not misfire when in perfect condition. Misfire chances increase with increasing degradation, damage, and heat. Misfires can be minor visual blips, major with periods of reduced functionality, or critical temporary shutdowns.

quote:

Changed vehicle destruction from a misdemeanor to a felony.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol, misfires? Did they seriously make heat even worse? Were people having too much fun?

quote:

Changed vehicle destruction from a misdemeanor to a felony.

What does any part of this even mean?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SoftNum posted:

Ship components now have a chance to misfire. Components will not misfire when in perfect condition. Misfire chances increase with increasing degradation, damage, and heat. Misfires can be minor visual blips, major with periods of reduced functionality, or critical temporary shutdowns.

Because that is what you want when you spend hundreds of your own dollars on in game assets. The opportunity to be hosed over by random chance.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

You obviously haven't been following the justice system in 3.6.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/wtfosaurus/status/1148726576894185472

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Ohmygosh, senpai noticed meeeeeeee~! :swoon:

... And missed the point entirely! How surprising!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Moved to Concern.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol, misfires? Did they seriously make heat even worse? Were people having too much fun?

What does any part of this even mean?

They have simply recategorized bugs and glitches to be a fidelity-enhancing feature.

No, that is not a bug in the game. It is simply a component misfire. Better get your chariot to the (cash)shop pronto and buy a newer model!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Apparently my sound was off.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jy__tBe8eg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I'm watching the 2nd half of the Netflix Fyre festival documentary that I never finished. The dude just fired the catering company 10 days before the event, turns to his mentor and asks 'can you salvage this?'

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Hot drat I want a Star Citizen version of this.