Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Through a holding company, KARHL Holdings (KARHL meaning "Kathryn and Rush Hudson Limbaugh"), Limbaugh launched a line of bottled iced tea beverages called "Two if by Tea",[203] a play on the line from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's "Paul Revere's Ride" "one if by land, two if by sea".[204] KARHL Holdings features a Rush Revere website where children can send notes to Liberty, the time-traveling, talking horse.[205]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

In February 1999, an unsigned article that media outlets attributed to Falwell was published in the National Liberty Journal – a promotional publication of the university he founded – claimed that the purple Teletubby named Tinky Winky was intended as a gay role model. An article published in 1998 by the Salon website had noted Tinky Winky's status as a gay icon.[66][67] In response, Steve Rice, spokesperson for Itsy Bitsy Entertainment, which licenses the Teletubbies in the United States, said, "I really find it absurd and kind of offensive."[68][69] The UK show was aimed at pre-school children, but the article stated "he is purple – the gay pride color; and his antenna is shaped like a triangle – the gay-pride symbol". Apart from those characteristics Tinky Winky also carries a magic bag which the NLJ and Salon articles said was a purse. Falwell added that "role modeling the gay lifestyle is damaging to the moral lives of children".

the section isn't worthless but falwell sure was.

e:

quote:

“He’s not gay. He’s not straight. He’s just a character in a children’s series,” said a representative of US licenser Itsy Bitsy Entertainment Co.
these things are super dumb but I'm glad Tinky Winky is officially queer

distortion park fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 3, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
big step forward for asexual representation

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
powerful

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Social scientists studying "ritual disrobement" found, at Mardi Gras 1991, 1,200 instances of body-baring in exchange for beads or other favors.[22]

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Pakled posted:

Social scientists studying "ritual disrobement" found, at Mardi Gras 1991, 1,200 instances of body-baring in exchange for beads or other favors.[22]

i checked and the social scientists were both men in case you were wondering.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it is extremely gauche to flash for beads in nola fyi

like everyone else rolls their eyes at it

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

well you wouldn't want to appear gauche on Mardi Gras, a day that everyone else is on their best behavior

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
true

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Since 1999 Luann has been slowly aging from 15 to 16 years old at perhaps the rate of one Luann month per one reader year, though this opposes what Evans has said on his blog.[2]

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I realize fan wikis are cheating, but https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/The_Universe

quote:

The Universe is a space-time continuum in which all matter and energy exist. There is disagreement over whether the universe is indeed finite or infinite in spatial extent and volume. Many astronomers and cosmologists believe the universe is infinite, due to recent findings in NASA's WMAP project supporting a flat (and therefore infinite) universe. However, the observable universe, consisting of all locations that could have affected us since the Big Bang given the finite speed of light, is certainly finite. And yet, the universe is continually expanding. It will either continue to do so forever, or reach a point at which it begins to contract, in an event dubbed by scientists as The Big Crunch.

Both popular and professional research articles in cosmology often use the term "universe" when they really mean "observable universe". This is because unobservable physical phenomena are scientifically irrelevant; that is, they cannot affect any events that we can perceive.

This space-time continuum is ruled by Pa Gorg, Ma Gorg and Junior Gorg. Their self-claimed kingdom is only shown to be made of the Gorg's Garden, but it is hinted that there is more in the episode Sir Hubris and the Gorgs, as the legend says the Gorgs will be forced to wander The Universe. In the same episode it was revealed that a being known as Sir Hubris was once the ruler of the universe before handing his mantle over to King Gorgus the Great when he went to explore his vast kingdom. Several depictions have been shown, such as rolling woods and meadows in Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series, along with cliffs and canyons in the Archaia comic story A Throne Of My Own.
(full article, apart from citations)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Elephant_birth.jpg

Surprisingly safe-for-work. Unless you're an elephant, and maybe even then.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
not worthless

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
why commedia is sexy

why commedia is sexy (#italiana)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Similarly, "C U Next Tuesday", a song initially meant for the album, was never released supposedly due to the initials of the song's title spelling the word "oval office" which is considered by many to be vulgar.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
She has very large breasts and a very slender and voluptuous figure which men like. Rudeus seems to be attracted to his mother's big breasts as he liked shoving his face between his mother's big breasts and rub and sniff the sweet smell of those soft breasts when he was little and disliked his father for interrupting him having love and fun with his mother's big, soft and sweet smelling voluptuous, squishy, sexy and capable of making any man fall in love with breasts. It would seem that if he were his mother's age then he would definitely make her his wife as she is very sexy, has big, soft, squishy, breasts and smells really nice. Zenith is a sexy lady with big breasts which would make most men want to shove their faces between her breasts like Rudeus.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:ohno:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
"armadillo bug"[6]
"boat-builder" (Newfoundland, Canada)[7]
"butcher boy" or "butchy boy" (Australia,[8] mostly around Melbourne[9])
"carpenter" or "cafner" (Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada)[10]
"cheeselog" (Reading, England)[11]
"cheesy bobs" (Guildford, England)[12]
"cheesy bug" (North West Kent, England)[13]
"chiggy pig" (Devon, England)[14][15]
"chucky pig" (Devon, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, England)[16]
"doodlebug" (also used for the larva of an antlion)[17]
"gramersow" (Cornwall, England)[18]
"granny grey" (South Wales)[19]
"hog-louse"[20]
"monkey-peas" (Kent, England)[13]
"monk's louse" (transl. "munkelus", Norway)[21]
"pea bug" or "peasie-bug" (Kent, England)[13]
"pill bug" (usually applied only to the genus Armadillidium)[22]
"potato bug"[23]
"roll up bug"[24]
"roly-poly"[23]
"sow bug"[25]
"slater" (Scotland, Northern Ireland, New Zealand and Australia)[26][27][28]
"wood bug" (British Columbia, Canada)[29]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Suspicious Dish posted:

She has very large breasts and a very slender and voluptuous figure which men like. Rudeus seems to be attracted to his mother's big breasts as he liked shoving his face between his mother's big breasts and rub and sniff the sweet smell of those soft breasts when he was little and disliked his father for interrupting him having love and fun with his mother's big, soft and sweet smelling voluptuous, squishy, sexy and capable of making any man fall in love with breasts. It would seem that if he were his mother's age then he would definitely make her his wife as she is very sexy, has big, soft, squishy, breasts and smells really nice. Zenith is a sexy lady with big breasts which would make most men want to shove their faces between her breasts like Rudeus.

what the hell

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
fan wikis are the best kind of cheating

kinda want to know how he found that one though :raise:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
friend and i were going fandom wikia spelunking and we found that one

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

My friend Jeremy, a fellow creative, came into town. We met up tonight to go fandom wikia spelunking, and we were wearing nearly the exact same thing by coincidence

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Suspicious Dish posted:

friend and i were going fandom wikia spelunking and we found that one

traditionally the answer is "my wife didn't believe She has very large breasts and a very slender and voluptuous figure which men like. Rudeus seems to be attracted to his mother's big breasts as he liked shoving his face between his mother's big breasts and rub and sniff the sweet smell of those soft breasts when he was little and disliked his father for interrupting him having love and fun with his mother's big, soft and sweet smelling voluptuous, squishy, sexy and capable of making any man fall in love with breasts. It would seem that if he were his mother's age then he would definitely make her his wife as she is very sexy, has big, soft, squishy, breasts and smells really nice. Zenith is a sexy lady with big breasts which would make most men want to shove their faces between her breasts like Rudeus. existed so my son and i were demonstrating it did"

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/chrisomerville/status/1147795853349797888?s=21

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

wanna see "Ape Billions" now

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Notes

1. ^It also had some cultural influence; a character representing an ancient culture was referred to as The Kurgan, in the hit movie series Highlander.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Controversy

In 2004, Details published a piece titled "Gay or Asian?" that featured a photo of an East Asian man, and "tips" on how to tell the difference.[10] Some of the text that accompanied the photo: "One cruises for chicken; the other takes it General Tso-style. Whether you're into shrimp balls or shaved balls, entering the dragon requires imperial tastes."

The article generated protests over its racism and homophobia—and over how it erased the existence of gay Asian men. To protest, LGBT Asian American individuals and groups came together and held demonstrations.[11]

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

LGBT Asian American individuals and groups came together and [11]

Me too

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

studied under the eminent professor booty

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

who are you to booty judge

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
At least two parodies were made of this song revolving around the Enron scandal ("Enron-ron-ron"): one was a full recording of a song by political commentator and talk radio host, Dave Ross. The other was a quick singing of a verse by comedian Robin Williams on his Live on Broadway special. (Not present on the DVD.)

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiarton_Willie

quote:

The original Wiarton Willie lived to the advanced age of 22, and was found dead only two days before Groundhog Day in 1999. The organizers were unable to find a replacement, and instead marked Groundhog Day by revealing "Willie" in a coffin. He had been dressed in a tuxedo, had coins over his eyes, and a carrot between his paws. The real Willie had in fact decomposed, and the body in the coffin was that of an older, stuffed groundhog.

quote:

Wiarton Willie's keepers groom understudies, nicknamed "Wee Willie" during the elder groundhog's lifetime, to eventually replace the reigning Wiarton Willie when they die. Wiarton Willies have typically had lifespans longer than the 4–9 years of a typical groundhog,[6] and thus other groundhogs may have served in the role unreported. Wiarton Willie II was reported as deceased on July 11, 2006 after fighting an infection for the previous month.
Honestly, it's all pretty good.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

yeah im gonna stamp NOT WORTHLESS on that one

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i like the eyelid coins. cant have willie stuck meandering the shoals of styx

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

it's pretty interesting how they've found graves in Scandinavia with those too, I figure maybe the custom was brought here by Varangian guardsmen

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there is a lot of cross-pollination when it comes to religious practices. i believe i have even seen the argument that some traditions of depictions of the Buddha were inspired directly by the iconography of Christian saints. as in, some of these depictions of the Buddha did not exist before these local Buddhists had been introduced to the idea of Christian icons. it's wild yo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea it's easy to forget how much contact there was between peoples at all times. it follows that cultural exchange has been a constant throughout the ages and that fears of multiculturalism fail to account for history

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 12, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
racists love to pretend that different countries only started making contact with each other in the 1930s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ith the Spanish colonization of the Americas, Christian priests used the name "Supay" to refer to the Christian Devil. However, unlike Europeans in relation to the Christian Devil, "the indigenous people did not repudiate Supay but, being scared of him, they invoked him and begged him not to harm them".[1]