Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Applesnots posted:

I really hope that is a wood fired pizza oven. If so gently caress the osha, that dude rules.

The ultimate tailgater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Delivery pizza at your door less than a minute after it comes out of the oven, top that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can you imagine if you ordered a pizza, the guy drove to your house, and just baked the pizza in the street and brought it right to your door. That would be pretty neat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!

[Translated from Portuguese] "Thanks to our generous Patrons, we can finally bring you Mestre da pizza on the road!"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Cojawfee posted:

Can you imagine if you ordered a pizza, the guy drove to your house, and just baked the pizza in the street and brought it right to your door. That would be pretty neat.
I would totally order from that place.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Applesnots posted:

I really hope that is a wood fired pizza oven. If so gently caress the osha, that dude rules.

V-6 powered blast furnace

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
why do food trucks make us go to them?

i mean, they're trucks

here's a good plumbing

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

there is actually a pizza food truck with a wood fired stove in philly, I used to see it all the time. It had a long line every time I walked by, so I suppose it was pretty good. expensive though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There’s a guy in Yokohama who has a wood‐fired stove in the back of his Miata.

He sells sweet potatoes and he’s something of a celebrity.

https://theoutline.com/post/7571/meet-lord-rod-the-sweet-potato-king-of-yokohama-japan

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
There's a pizza place near my grandma with a truck-mounted oven, I think they take it to festivals and stuff. (not a recent picture)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Platystemon posted:

There’s a guy in Yokohama who has a wood‐fired stove in the back of his Miata.

He sells sweet potatoes and he’s something of a celebrity.

https://theoutline.com/post/7571/meet-lord-rod-the-sweet-potato-king-of-yokohama-japan

Those roasted street-sweet-potatoes rule btw. You squeeze them out like toothpaste, so delicious.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Hugh Malone posted:

here's a good plumbing

having worked in a basement dive bar, absolutely. drunks destroy everything. If I had a way to cleanly and easily encase all the plumbing, i would have after the 3rd p-trap i replaced.

also, if you gotta puke, and your choice is between a urinal and the floor, just puke on the floor.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Hot and fresh delivered right from our oven to your door.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

xergm posted:

As someone who has experienced the effectiveness of full-face helmets first-hand, I will never understand people who don't wear them.

Having a face and a mouthful of teeth is pretty nice.

Just last week I saw a guy open up his side bag and toss his helmet in just as he was crossing over the MO-KS line. (MO is a helmet state)

Another few tips I learned from my girlfriend who knows way more than me: the foam in helmets degrades. Keep them indoors and away from fumes. Leaving them on your gas tank means gas fumes degrading the foam. Even then, it ages and you should replace a helmet per manufacturer's specs (I think it's 5 or 6 years after manufacture?).

Be safe, kids.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Same for different countries. Before I was stationed on Okinawa, I was a nice Wisconsin boy who learned on quiet county roads, and I'd put my blinker on and wait politely for someone to leave a gap if I had to switch lanes or merge in heavy bumper-to-bumper traffic. On Okinawa, if you wait for someone to leave a gap for you to merge, you will be sitting there literally forever, or until traffic ends (also never going to happen). So you have to internalize the fact that nobody's going to purposely drive in to you, and just stick your nose out into the lane to make your own gap, and then nudge your way the rest of the way into the lane.

Since Okinawa I've never had any problems getting into a lane when I need to :newlol:

It me, going from Montana to Portland to a vacation in Kiyv, where I discovered that you really CAN make your own space if you want it badly enough. Portland drivers are pretty generous about giving you room if your blinker is on, unless it's heavy traffic, then it might as well be LA, and it helps to be confident enough to shove your nose in when you need to make five lane changes in a row to get to the right turn.

I kept my old car registered back in MT because the plates got me a lot of leeway when I'd do something stupid. Had to drive a rental with Cali plates to Seattle once, and oh boy, the change in attitude around me was palpable.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Bad Munki posted:

Of course it's a fuckin' Swift truck

My dad always calls them Sure Wish I Finished Training

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Illuminado posted:

Hot and fresh delivered right from our oven to your door.

How do you want your pizza today?

Delivery in 30 minutes or less, or it's charcoal.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Micahlifa/status/1148708669166628869?s=20

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Stop throwing aluminum cones into the engines for luck.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tyson Tomko posted:

My dad always calls them Sure Wish I Finished Training

How can you tell if your wife is cheating on you with a Swift driver?

He’s still trying to back out of the driveway when you get home.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
These Swift jokes are cracking me up, but why is that company such a punching bag?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

These Swift jokes are cracking me up, but why is that company such a punching bag?

Because they hire anybody and everybody and stick them alone in a truck.

Most companies make you team drive for a bit to learn how to handle situations

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Zipperelli. posted:

I lived with someone who worked in their office staff. Even that level was completely incompetent and staffed with useless garbage people. Can't count the number of times she whined about drivers who had never used a computer but were expected to log their hours on a workstation, rampant racism and sexism, and a general contempt from management for the rest of the staff.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zipperelli. posted:

They hire people with no commercial driving experience and train them poorly.

They’re also big.

So there are a lot of bad drivers in SWIFT trucks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not saying i was a perfect trucker but i never hosed up something so bad that i couldn't cover it up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My brother in law tried to do the Swift training and then gave up. He's not the smartest.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

My brother in law tried to do the Swift training and then gave up. He's not the smartest.

So how long has he been driving for them :haw:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

sinky posted:

I'm visiting my home town in Northern Ireland. Around this time of year certain areas like to celebrate decades of sectarian violence and civil war their heritage by building large bonfires.
There's another one about 100 yards away

What did the New Zealand parliament ever do to you?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wait, are those blue pallets?

I'm calling the loving cops.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They even have a cool acronym for their name: Sure Wish I Finished Training.

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They even have a cool acronym for their name: Sure Wish I Finished Training.

Sure Wish I F5'd the Thread

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

SWIF5T

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Maybe Admiral Joeslop is Tyson Tomko’s dad irl? :monocle:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/3rQNNPc.mp4

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm I think that picture was taken not too far from me. I've uhh driven past that servo and maccas enough times.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

hambeet posted:

Hmm I think that picture was taken not too far from me. I've uhh driven past that servo and maccas enough times.

Looks like the western highway to me

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

That one was a fun experience for me. "What, he just strapped it to his car I've seen that befo... Is that tape? Is that painter's tape?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fickle poofterist posted:

Looks like the western highway to me

that's my guess!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

moist turtleneck posted:

I will forever have the image burned in my brain of skidding down the asphault on my helmeted face, watching the road markers whizz by through the visor

This reminds me of why one of the happiest days of my life was when my son sold his motorcycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This note has been on an outlet at the gym for months.