Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

Anybody else have a bunch of like, quarter finished courses hanging out in your saved files cuz you can't figure out how to finish the course but it's too short as is?

No I just have the problem of sketching out a bunch of gimmicks and never actually stitching them together as a level, so if I released the level as-is, it would be an onslaught of disorganized bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

El Diablo Bob O posted:

-The Wizard's Chamber-
VMQ-QT7-CLF

Deep inside an underground bunker sits a terrible wizard bent on the destruction of the Mushroom Kingdom. Along with his fearsome minion "Jerry", 'The Wizard' is ready for a fight. Unfortunately, Jerry needs to go out often so the wizard built some alternate passages. Fight 'The Wizard', or not! It really doesn't matter!

I enjoyed this, it had seemingly endless paths and felt like the lair of a mad wizard for sure. I never met Jerry or the wiz, so I guess I’m a pro thief.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

hello internet posted:

I picked this up after not playing the first one and I'm struggling to have fun in endless on any difficulty. Really enjoyed playing through story mode but the quality of random peoples levels are awful. I wish there was like a weekly category of curated content by nintendo or something.

Seriously, go to https://randomactsofmario.com/ . That's the goon level server and the average quality is a dozen times better than what you'll find just going through the endless modes. Alternatively, look at what people are saying about each other's levels in this thread and play the ones that look interesting to you.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Hey DalaranJ, could you update the levels I replaced in this post?

Got it, finally

Plebian Parasite posted:

Had to delete and redo my goomba level again because the one guy who played it boo'd it. Ah well. Took out the condition so I could put in a checkpoint, rearranged the order you see the rooms and undid the night theme to make it easier to grok. So here's finally the last version of Kickin' it with the Goomboys - QMR NS1 LSF

This is the code I already had for it?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Just want to say between the OP, maintaining the spreadsheet, handling the Twitter account, and setting up all the jams and blitzes, you've been doing a fantastic job with this thread and making everything run smoothly. Great work!

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Wendell posted:

Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs

QHC-9RL-24G

Go through the NBA training camp before facing off with your rivals at the big game!

It’s a basketball course. Please tell me if it’s too obtuse in any way, I tried to make it fairly easy!

That screenshot is a bunny doing a sick layup. I don’t expect everyone to understand my art.

I couldn't get past the bunny but once. I may have issues throwing objects "down" on jumps.

Although, I liked the theme and your ideas are sound.

EDIT: Maybe if that particular "basket" was closer to the pipe?

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 10, 2019

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ziddar posted:

Been feeling a little uncreative as of late, so here's a simple little 3D World stroll.

Koopin' Donuts
XDL-694-CBG

Sometimes you just need to make a fun little stage to work out the cobwebs, you know?

Missing that first pink coin will haunt me forever.

El Diablo Bob O posted:

I couldn't get past the bunny but once. I may have issues throwing objects "down" on jumps.

Although, I liked the theme and your ideas are sound.

EDIT: Maybe if that particular "basket" was closer to the pipe?

Shoot, have I gone and made it too long? The idea of that one was you run full speed up that ramp to do a satisfying slam dunk at the end.

Edit: I just tried it both running and hopping (faster) up the ramp, and both give enough time. I think it’s just dropping the ball downwards into the basket can be difficult your first time. You are not meant to bounce off the ring (though you can, that works too) but leap over it and drop as you pass.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 10, 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope they bring back bookmarks soon. I really want to start to play all of y’alls levels but gently caress entering in codes for each one.:bang:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Mega64 posted:

Just want to say between the OP, maintaining the spreadsheet, handling the Twitter account, and setting up all the jams and blitzes, you've been doing a fantastic job with this thread and making everything run smoothly. Great work!

:agreed:

You are doing a fantastic job. I didn't think I would be back on SA after a really lovely experience I had in January but the environment you're cultivating itt is restoring my faith in the forums.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
https://twitter.com/Gordopolitz/status/1148732849601671168

Here's a short little level I just finished for the jam, nothing too challenging I don't think - but hopefully still fun

This threads been great to just see so many good stage ideas, like others have said the crap shoot of the endless modes was just kind of a bummer really

I'm having way more fun with the actual making of the stages than I thought I was going to, I'd like to try and make a vertical chase to the top stage next I think

n'thing the props to DarlanJ also!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've got a few random levels and then I'm going through all the currently posted jam levels.

two faces
TCQ-XW3-YGG
By: iFriend

The initial flight section sent me off high into the sky so the door wasn't seen until I was already past it. Then I got to the checkpoint and I couldn't see how to proceed since it just goes to a dead end. I wound up just giving up.

Expended Troopa Disposal Chamber
G37-1Y9-HMG
By: absolutely anything

Cute stage that really goes to town with the crumble mechanic of the bone shell. Nice rhythm in the second half, too.

Okay, now to pump up the jam.

The End All Bee Wall
X0S-NTL-3YG
By: J-Spot

The first thing I did on this stage was get on top of the pixel art and try to your level backward. You're too crafty for me, J-spot! :argh:

Mario runs a traveling exhibit
LRQ-8CM-TGG
By: Defenestrategy

It's a course, but is it art?

Power is Wealth is Power
QMR-JSD-RVG
By: potatocubed

It's a decent course, but I'm not really seeing a whole lot of jam theme here.

Another Day on the Job
6C7-BMW-XQF
By: Mega64

It's a good existential dread simulator, but not much fun as a level.

Wario's Logging Company
J6X-P4K-FNG
By: The Lobster

I can't believe Mario destroyed all the rain forests. Anyway, treasure hunting levels are fun.

Catastrophe at Calamari Cannery
XQH-DST-VTG
By: Intl Cron

Really great. I liked the alternate paths and ending quite a bit.

Business is the Bee's Knees
27X-HVV-FPF
By: pray for my aunt

It's a fine level, a bit easy, but I didn't get what the connection to the theme was. The goal in the level was to kill goombas but the title implies the bees are the connection.

Emergency Hazard Lights
GYV-8WH-QWF
By: Control Volume

Nice use of the flame jets and the spine tops to outline the safe places in the darkness.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Wendell posted:

Missing that first pink coin will haunt me forever.

Shoot, have I gone and made it too long? The idea of that one was you run full speed up that ramp to do a satisfying slam dunk at the end.

Edit: I just tried it both running and hopping (faster) up the ramp, and both give enough time. I think it’s just dropping the ball downwards into the basket can be difficult your first time. You are not meant to bounce off the ring (though you can, that works too) but leap over it and drop as you pass.

I get what to do, doing it reliably is my issue.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Got it, finally

This is the code I already had for it?

I'm smart and I keep the edit form open until I'm satisfied with the final product now, my codes up to date.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Here's a short little level I just finished for the jam, nothing too challenging I don't think - but hopefully still fun

This threads been great to just see so many good stage ideas, like others have said the crap shoot of the endless modes was just kind of a bummer really

I'm having way more fun with the actual making of the stages than I thought I was going to, I'd like to try and make a vertical chase to the top stage next I think

That is a lot of podoboos at the bottom. I kept kepting sniped by them as I went through.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

alf_pogs posted:

dumped a bunch of levels in the hopper.

Galoomba Heights - 88C 1FB 91H

vertical cloud times with bullets and galoombas.

Hot Step - J4C CYQ GWF

bit of a jog through a castle level. why did I use nsmb? it's ugly.

Under Cheep-Cheep River - 8N5 MPG 0QF

cramped dungeon crawler, else you can brave the crossing

I really like these courses, including Under Cheep-Cheep River, but how do you get this red coin?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

El Diablo Bob O posted:

I get what to do, doing it reliably is my issue.

Well, shoot. Thank you for trying!

I wish there was a ball that could be used instead of the bombs. I initially intended to use galoombas, but they can’t activate any of the switches. They can’t even reliably kill another galoomba when dropped directly down a hole onto them for some reason!

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

That is a lot of podoboos at the bottom. I kept kepting sniped by them as I went through.

yeah, I added them in right at the end figuring it needed to be more challenging but it must be more annoying than it is anything else - sorry!

Flashback: Quest for Identity finally got around to playing this and it's great, one of my all time favourite games as a kid makes a surprisingly decent Mario level!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

This is hard!! I am going to keep trying, but right now I just want to say I like the cleverly obfuscated way you activated the on/off switch at the start.

Really wish we could edit-view people’s stages once beaten!

Edit: I did it and am the world record champion of the universe.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 10, 2019

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin
Take out the airship captains

Course ID: 0J7-S5W-THG

Probably a little too long for a finish requirement, but I had fun making it. I tried to use two major obstacles in their own areas and then combine them for a sort of final exam section, but I'm not sure they mesh that well.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

gropemotron posted:

I made a 30 second run level, because of all the ones I played I wasn't ever to beat one without banging my head on the wall forever. So I wanted one for a lower skill level player like me.

XQM-QBN-8PG. Mario Ain't Got Time For This

Can't tell if its actually much easier or if its just because I playtested it a lot during creation though.

Course not found.

Random Stranger posted:

The End All Bee Wall
X0S-NTL-3YG
By: J-Spot

The first thing I did on this stage was get on top of the pixel art and try to your level backward. You're too crafty for me, J-spot! :argh:

At least you got a 1-up out of it :)

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 10, 2019

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Wendell posted:

This is hard!! I am going to keep trying, but right now I just want to say I like the cleverly obfuscated way you activated the on/off switch at the start.

Really wish we could edit-view people’s stages once beaten!

Edit: I did it and am the world record champion of the universe.

thanks for sticking with it! :toot:

I think I'll leave it up for tonight and if anyone else wants to take a crack at it before I sand down the rough edges

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

emgeejay posted:

SXF-5NV-42H

Papa's Flying Koopas, or: Flying Funk Remastered

Control Volume, how did you manage to beat this level 7 seconds faster than the clear check? I'm flummoxed!!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Random Stranger posted:

Wario's Logging Company
J6X-P4K-FNG
By: The Lobster

I can't believe Mario destroyed all the rain forests. Anyway, treasure hunting levels are fun.

Technically, Wario destroyed them and he used the profits to stuff his level/logging camp full of gold. :eng101:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Sorry for the delay, was unexpectedly without access for a couple days. Thanks for all the feedback!

DorianGravy posted:

I liked it. It was fairly easy, but in a good way. Centering a stage around a clever mechanic like this is a good way to make a course feel cohesive, so it was nice to play. If you want feedback, the only problem I encountered was shortly after the checkpoint flag. There is a platform with three spike tops on top, with an on/off switch slightly farther ahead. I thought I was supposed to dodge those spike tops until I could get to the switch, but when I tried I ended up getting hit and eventually dying. On my second run, I decided that was too much of a difficulty jump and I must have missed something. And sure enough, there was another on/off switch on top of the question blocks just before that platform. However, that on/off switch is not visible on the screen, and there's no other reason to go up there, so it's likely that players will miss it and focus on the switch that they can see, like I did. I bet that if you look at the failure points, you'll see a lot at that section, since players are generally focused on moving forward. If players need to explore somewhere else, give them a hint that they should. Perhaps make a 10-coin that's half visible at the top of the screen or something.

That said, it was fun! Question: How do you make the switch automatically turn off once it's switched on?

Good call on the checkpoint, I hadn't even considered that. I spent a lot of time on the various jumps, but I never considered that the switch would be out of sight.

As for the contraption, I spent more than an hour coming up with super-elaborate setups before I realized I could achieve the desired effect with a shell, a spring, an on block, two one-ways and a twister:

The only downside is if you stand anywhere near the ceiling it's really loud and obnoxious.

dizzywhip posted:

This one was nice! The gimmick didn't overstay its welcome, and your bonus coin placement was good. tbh the spin jump approach didn't even occur to me. Having an obvious optional bonus at the beginning where you have to use the spin jump could be a good way of getting players to think about it if that's important to you.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I spent a ton of time on the speedrun route, so I definitely want to make it obvious.

Ineffiable posted:

I like this enough that I speed ran it. Did you think the level could be done as fast as I did it?

I did, and I'm thrilled someone found it! If you look at the map the spike tops aren't evenly spread out - adjusting them to create patterns that worked for speedruns like yours was the bulk of time spent on this level, so I need to signpost that aspect better next time.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
If i'm doing a level where you need to chain enemy bounces together, but occasionally need to hold down the B button as well to get extra height, are coin trails and sound effects before you hit those extra height jumps enough of a cue?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Circle Nine posted:

If i'm doing a level where you need to chain enemy bounces together, but occasionally need to hold down the B button as well to get extra height, are coin trails and sound effects before you hit those extra height jumps enough of a cue?

If the coin trail matches the height it should be obvious.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Playing stages from page 75

Pillars of Doom: Liked it. None of the jumps felt unfair and we signposted well, as were the thwomps which never felt like I was walking into a trap. One thing I've noticed with thwomps and Mario Maker is that they can be very punishing if you don't give some sort of signal where they are, and you did a good job with that. One jump in particular near the second mushroom felt very tight and I didn't quite know how to handle properly, but that's my only real complaint (and I wonder if I would have gotten through it fine if I had to retry and take another look at it.)

Chomp 'n'at: I honestly have no idea how to get past the second chomp.

Juice Rad: Liked this one as well. Autoscrollers and swimming stages go surprisingly well together and this is no exception. I also haven't see too many stages use the dynamic autoscrolling too much, so that was a nice change of pace. Red coins didn't feel too obtuse as well.

Flashback: Quest for Identity: Pretty good. Nice little relaxing hunt. Could certainly be expanded upon obviously and as you note it's quite a bit easier when you aren't playing a prince of persia-like game. Nice to just play after some tougher levels.

Dunes of Doom: Tough start, but short overall so it wasn't too punishing. I've never been a huge fan of off-screen thwomps as it makes stages feel very trial and error. I will say the very first one did act as an effective signpost that this could happen later, and managed to avoid the rest that way. It does have a Mario 3 feel to it with the layout and random stuff you can find in the sky, which I always appreciate.

Burning Mario: Really liked how this stage looked. Had a lot going on in it that proved distracting but not in a bad way, made the otherwise-normal challenges a little more challenging. Plenty of powerups balanced out any cheap hits I thought I took. Taking out the giant mario in the end was quite a bit of fun as well.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Random Stranger posted:

Business is the Bee's Knees
27X-HVV-FPF
By: pray for my aunt

It's a fine level, a bit easy, but I didn't get what the connection to the theme was. The goal in the level was to kill goombas but the title implies the bees are the connection.

Fair. I guess just got real into it in the editor but it doesn't actually translate into reality. I also need to get better about using sound effects.

Ali Zaybak
Oct 29, 2012
I played some random levels from the thread on stream earlier today and had a lot of fun! I jotted down some thoughts on the levels I played:

Mario's Folly PR1-XDG-NSG Kinda fun, but some of the traps were dickish in that they dissuade you from doing what the level is telling you to do (one spike in particular in the sliding section)

An Up and Down Level Q9B-VP7-GVG Fun concept. The race in the second half was especially well put together and a decent amount of challenge!

Boiling Box Tower WDG-DMK-J4G I had a ton of fun with this level. Really great concept and execution. If I had one piece of advice I think it would be to somehow put the checkpoint after the demonstration of putting boxes through the glass pipe. It got a bit old doing it again and again (I died a fair bit in the second half).

Deep Forest Deeps 5Y8-VML-RGG I honestly didn't dig this one too much, to the point where I quit after trying both paths a few times. Some of the damage you took just felt cheap (I'm looking at you puffer fish after the time block spike section), and getting through the sections wasn't super satisfying for me. That being said, I do think it was a creative use of 3D World piranha plants to block off space/paths.

Squeaker's Gulch 747-VQJ-HXF Cool little themed level. I will say, though, I'm kinda perplexed as to why you can skip over some of the harder sections by using glass pipes.

Bill Town,USA MJ6-N4J-WVF Kind of all over the place, but I did end up liking it quite a bit. I think I'm just a sucker for greed traps, of which this level had a couple.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
New level up and it's my Jam level too. A lucky coincidence that the theme came up as it did when I started this one! I've made a few short and sweet Normal levels so this one is definitely harder and longer. Dare you brave Bowser's dry docks and a fleet that isn't airborne?

Magma Minefield Marina
0QQ-8L5-KXF

Difficulty: Expert

A speedrun(or not!) through Bowser's magma-powered armada! All moles on deck!

Ali Zaybak posted:

Squeaker's Gulch 747-VQJ-HXF Cool little themed level. I will say, though, I'm kinda perplexed as to why you can skip over some of the harder sections by using glass pipes.

The theme is that the Skipsqueaks are a little dim! The first pipe is a freebie, the second is a reward for finding and maintaining the cat bell so you can sneak in! This also ties into the Star reward, though I left alternate access for players that lose their Cat Mario. Thanks for playing and digging it! :D

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 10, 2019

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

You're overcome by an indescribably odd sensation...!

J-Spot posted:

My entry for the Taking Care of Bee's Nest, er... Taking Care of Business level jam is up:

The End All Bee Wall
Course ID: X0S-NTL-3YG
Difficulty: Normal
Multiplayer Friendly?: Yes

Played this and then went through your courses. I wrote down whatever thoughts I had as I went:

The end all bee wall

I thought the level might be a bit too long, but looks like the clear rate proves me wrong. Good spacing of power ups (which definitely helps the length), and thank you for putting something on top of the starter bee.

Hurry up and wait

Well executed concept, not necessarily the biggest fan of waiting though. Would’ve been nice if the bonus area put you a bit more forward (instead of making net negative progress) but I understand not wanting it to feel necessary.

Soggie doggies

You combined slow moving auto scroll with a water level which I’m pretty sure is against some law somewhere. Suffers from standard autoscroll issues like waiting around a lot and nothing happening on certain areas, but the concept was executed quite well. Good powerup spacing!

Hitchin’ a ride

I remember this course gimmick from smm 1! Can’t remember if it’s the exact same course or not though. Liked it again this time too! Wasn’t too much downtime despite the slow moving platform. The ending was a bit ambiguous, couldn’t tell if you intended for the player to just jump over or wait for the platform. Turned out to be a bit of both. Would’ve preferred ground over the last spike jump or making the platform more obviously required.

Please learn how to play Mario

Isn’t a particularly fun course to play, but it does seem like it’d serve as a reasonable tutorial level.

The thwomper

Great execution on the gimmick! The only kinda rude spot was in the beginning section, the thwomps are so close to the switches that the timing seemed... off some how. I think I expected them to go further up.

Regular Mario maker

Neat gimmick, but the level went on for too long. There are enough key doors that I think this would be a real pain in multiplayer versus, though I’d be interested in seeing how the on/off switch room would work.

Plumber? I hardly know her!

The level plays pretty well, the bonus area was cool too. The first section seems tougher than the second, which feels a bit backwards. I think that’s largely due to having a fireflower available though.

Let’s get em, big bro!

Another level concept I remember from smm1! Still good.

The Fab Four

Solid design for the concept, but a slow moving escort mission isn’t the most exciting thing to play.

The switching hour!

I didn’t know on/off switches controlled the lights too! Good use of that gimmick throughout the level. I felt the number of yoshis was a little high, you could basically damage (yoshi?) boost through everything and have another yoshi waiting for you. The flag pole bonus loses a bit at the end since all of the munchers just give you 1ups anyway.

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...

Random Stranger posted:

I've got a few random levels and then I'm going through all the currently posted jam levels.

Catastrophe at Calamari Cannery
XQH-DST-VTG
By: Intl Cron

Really great. I liked the alternate paths and ending quite a bit.

Hey, thanks! I still really enjoy this one - it's a lot of fun for even me to replay, and I'm pretty pleased with the two paths before and after the checkpoint - all interesting in they're own right, I hope!

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Did a couple random acts of Marios before I got too drat tired for the day:

#420 Purple Pipes in the Dusty Dunes

This was a good solid mario 3 level. I really liked it. Pulled a couple tricks, but nothing mean, and I felt smart when I figured out my way forward.

#272 Thwompy Thwomps Thwomping Thwomp

I'm not good enough for this level so I can't properly review it :( I'm sorry that I suck.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Good Sphere posted:

I really like these courses, including Under Cheep-Cheep River, but how do you get this red coin?

I believe you would do a tiny hop. Small enough to avoid landing on the dotted floor. A half button press, if you will.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I got frustrated at none of my new ideas panning out, so I banged out one of those vertical World 7 levels in a single sitting. Good luck.

SMB3 Revival: Pipe Up 46M-RJC-6LG

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Big Mad Drongo posted:

As for the contraption, I spent more than an hour coming up with super-elaborate setups before I realized I could achieve the desired effect with a shell, a spring, an on block, two one-ways and a twister:

The only downside is if you stand anywhere near the ceiling it's really loud and obnoxious.

I've got to stop reading this thread at work, all the cool ideas are making it hard to focus!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Random Acts of Mario keep rolling on.

Bowser's Boiling Box Storage
DX6-LMR-RTF
By: Macaluso

The best use of boxes I've seen. My only complaint is that i kept looking for things hidden behind the crates in the downward section and there wasn't anything. :smith:

The Wizard's Chamber
VMQ-QT7-CLF
By: El Diablo Bob O

Fun stage. The boss fight was great.

Simple Classic Style
7SC-RSH-4YG
By: Cellular

Exactly what it says on the tin. Decent stage.

Two Goombas
GVQ-TV7-2JF
By: Fawf

I get the joke, but the enemy spam wasn't great.

SMB3 Revival: Block Crossing
8GX-8RK-98G
By: Too Shy Guy

You captured the flavor of the original game very well.

Desert Fortress
WBP-894-LSG
By: Castor Poe

Course not found on this one.

Going for another run 2
NNQ-32P-53G
By: Defenestrategy

You've got a solid flow here for the run path. Took me a moment to get used to gapping those note blocks.

Dragpaul's Dry Race
LCG-MCV-43G
By: Bleck

This was tough but not outrageously unfair and your race timing was pretty generous.

Uncle Autoscroll's Spookhouse
F71-TYS-SFG
By: Hyper Crab Tank

Trying to find red coins in the dark with no light or guidance to platform boundaries was a real pain so I gave up on this stage.

Space Mission: Goomba
T19-4WX-2VG
By: American McGay

Great style on this stage. That ending with the pile of enemies is a bit rough, though.

Porcupuffer Pond
4DV-YSX-88G
By: ThisIsACoolGuy

Nifty stage with the way it switches up a few time.

Simple Swipes
213-8XL-QSG
By: Asadasa

This felt like it was kind of half built. Basically, knock two bullets and the stage is over.

<[EMERGENCY ESCAPE]>
QPB-C3F-D4G
By: ThisIsACoolGuy

Okay, ThisIsACoolGuy. How did you rig the randomizer?

Missed the world record by one frame so I took that out on your level instead of complimenting its flow.

Inside Job
D6F-5XK-2RF
By: internet celebrity

The randomizer is definitely rigged with two exploding levels in a row.

Cool concept, but I had to slow down in a few part because I outpaced the level flow. Nice boss fight, too.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Maxxim posted:

Played this and then went through your courses. I wrote down whatever thoughts I had as I went:
Thanks for playing through all of those and sharing your thoughts! You have my respect for persevering through Hitchin' a Ride.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Too Shy Guy posted:

I got frustrated at none of my new ideas panning out, so I banged out one of those vertical World 7 levels in a single sitting. Good luck.

Satisfyingly tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Too Shy Guy posted:

I liked it. Some of the early jumps in the stage felt very tight, even with small Mario I was bonking into pipes in odd ways. I never felt too punitive though so it ended up being not much of a problem in the end. The end level pipe placement felt off, like I had to take damage to get into it cleanly. I did like the use of platforms in the second half the stage, I often forget about semisolid platforms and felt the platforming challenges in the latter half felt nice.