Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

And Abominable Dr Phibes has been on the list for a while, I'll re-prioritize it.

It's worth paying for if you have to.

Honestly, unless you're just totally against physical media I'd recommend buying one of the relatively cheap Vincent Price DVD sets. With Price you really don't come across a dud very often so most of those sets are a really good value for what you're getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Crawl looks good though

Agreed. Last time we got Alexadre Aja and water together, it was the most excellent Pirahna (2010) so im all the way in.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

feedmyleg posted:

Finally caught this a couple of months ago and loved it.

Looks like YouTube's got Asphyx, I'll pop one on the list. Caught Horror Express last year when I was on a big Cushing kick, but that's right up my alley.

After a little digging I also found Horror Island, Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow, Hard Rock Nightmare, and Graveyard Disturbance on Youtube, which all seem like they're in line with my ask. Can anyone vouch for any of those?

And Abominable Dr Phibes has been on the list for a while, I'll re-prioritize it.

Horror Island is a standard for it's time 'you think it's supernatural but it's really something mundane' type films. It's okay but not particularly my usual cuppa.

Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow's the usual 50s era rock 'n roll drag racing type film. I remember more when Svengoolie edited it with Giant Gila Monster to make "Hot Rods to Gila" which did improve the campiness.

Hard Rock Nightmare I keep misremembering with Hard Rock Zombies. From what I remember, it was average and there was something with werewolves in it.

Graveyard Disturbance, I still need to sit through.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

Agreed. Last time we got Alexadre Aja and water together, it was the most excellent Pirahna (2010) so im all the way in.

i'm glad to see people come around on Piranha 3D

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s an amazing movie and one of the few I’m happy enough to have seen in 3D in the theater.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i'm glad to see people come around on Piranha 3D

What's wrong with Piranha 3D? It's pure cheesetastic goodness.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i lost my virginity while that movie played in the background, no joke.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kvlt out here making me feel really old

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

What's wrong with Piranha 3D? It's pure cheesetastic goodness.

There is a mainstream thing where people think that anything that embraces its stupidity/absurdity and doesn't tell the audience it knows its stupid is "bad" by default, so I heard that kind of complaint. But those are the same people that don't even recognize goddamn Hooper in the biggest (relative) summer blockbuster of all time at the beginning, so...

Also, horror fans that don't want to embrace comedy horror that other people know about.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I lost my virginity at the drive-in theater, on the opening night of the original Night of the Living Dead.

I was 45.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DAD?!

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I lost my virginity at the drive-in theater, on the opening night of the original Night of the Living Dead.

I was 45.

I will tell my dad's drive-in theater story again: He got super high at a showing of the original Halloween, and when the movie ended he pulled his truck forward and the speaker hit him in the shoulder. He thought it was Michael Myers and gunned it over like 5 of the little hills that drive-ins have. My town still has a working drive-in and it shows horror movies. There's talk of them doing Halloween again this year and I am there for it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/1148240819796807681

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Those things are written by bots in the same way that your text messages are written by predictive text.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
The better joke is the first line of his twitter bio.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Lost my virginity while Scarface played in the background. Not horror, but I humbly request to join your club as an auxiliary member.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i bet it was during the chainsaw scene you sicko.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

i bet it was during the chainsaw scene you sicko.

She said hello to his little friend :kiddo:

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Every one of these I see is somehow worse than the last, but "Teen 3 makes a scream. Teen 4 makes a Scream 2." got a giggle out of me.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

My Twitter Account posted:

Every one of these I see is somehow worse than the last, but "Teen 3 makes a scream. Teen 4 makes a Scream 2." got a giggle out of me.

I chuckled at "His major was Vodka Law."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I love every single one of those.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He repackaged 2000s monkey cheese as fake bot scripts and, buddy, I loving hate it

Neurophage
Oct 11, 2012
I watched The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears because of the amazing title and I really liked it. The plot is stock giallo, but it doesnt really matter anyway; the whole thing is jaw droppingly beautiful.

Has anyone watched Amer by the same directors and is it as good?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Neurophage posted:

I watched The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears because of the amazing title and I really liked it. The plot is stock giallo, but it doesnt really matter anyway; the whole thing is jaw droppingly beautiful.

Has anyone watched Amer by the same directors and is it as good?

No but Let the Corpses Tan is on Prime and it's fantastic.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

I liked Amer more than Strange Colour, and imo Let the Corpses Tan is their best.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

not gonna lie, I can’t wait to tell someone to get buried

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

It's worth paying for if you have to.

Honestly, unless you're just totally against physical media I'd recommend buying one of the relatively cheap Vincent Price DVD sets. With Price you really don't come across a dud very often so most of those sets are a really good value for what you're getting.

I think the worst Price movie is Scream and Scream Again

Which had a great plot IDEA and an excellent cast- the holy trifecta of 60s and 70s horror, Lee, Cushing and Price- but manages to ruin all of it.

Literally all of it.

It's a sin of a movie in the worst way.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I'm definitely intrgued if they're firing up the Evil Dead franchise.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3571817/sam-raimi-working-new-evil-dead-movie-says-remake-canon-exclusive/

I did like the TV show and wish they'd do more with the format, but I understand if they don't considering what happened.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3571817/sam-raimi-working-new-evil-dead-movie-says-remake-canon-exclusive/

I did like the TV show and wish they'd do more with the format, but I understand if they don't considering what happened.

what happened? I liked the tv show too but never caught up with it entirely. I will take whatever weird entries they wanna chuck into evil dead, it's just fun fun fun

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

alf_pogs posted:

what happened? I liked the tv show too but never caught up with it entirely. I will take whatever weird entries they wanna chuck into evil dead, it's just fun fun fun

https://tv.avclub.com/updated-craig-digregorio-on-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-1798255766

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

"Get buried, you're a waste of age" is some inspired stuff, I had a good chuckle even pre-beer!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYw_cu7awYA

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

M_Sinistrari posted:

Evil Dead is one of the few horror franchises to not have a bad entry, maybe they should quit while their ahead?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I watched Knife+Heart last night and it owned, everyone should check it out especially if you like giallos

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

gey muckle mowser posted:

I watched Knife+Heart last night and it owned, everyone should check it out especially if you like giallos

It’s pretty god drat funny in parts too

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
yeah I would love to see a standalone version of "Homo-cidal", the scene where the guy starts humping the typewriter was hilarious

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

M_Sinistrari posted:

This is a pleasant surprise since I like every Evil Dead thing a lot so far.

Sam Raimi posted:

“I’d love to make another one. I don’t think TV is in its future but we’re talking about – Bruce [Campbell], Rob [Tapert] and myself – one or two different ways to go for the next movie,” Sam Raimi confirmed. He added:

“We’d like to make another Evil Dead feature and in fact we’re working on some ideas right now.”

The big question is whether the movie would follow the events of the Ash storyline, and once again star Bruce Campbell, or continue the storyline of the remake? Or would it be something entirely new? It turns out Raimi and company have one idea if Bruce Campbell comes back, one idea if Campbell opts out but Fede Álvarez – who directed the remake – is able to return, and another idea if both of those possibilities fall through!

Sounds like something is getting started one way or another in the relatively near future which is pretty cool. I would like to see how Fede Álvarez would go if he got to do an Evil Dead 2 remake where it goes more into full comedy gore.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

I was so impressed by Knife+Heart. Neo-giallo done perfectly. I can't wait to see what the director does next

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
https://twitter.com/ThePlaylist/status/1148616831864733697

:regd08:

Although I guess they've run the Halloween series into the ground a couple times already, so they might as well do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Two sequels in the same month? Are they going for the theatrical equivalent of binge watching?