Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

nm posted:

Punch that Nazi.

I'm sure that's the excuse that Nazi used. Doesn't explain the "b."

Its literally the school colors on the license plate. Maybe their F150 is "CyclonA."

The other day a bunch of people were saying some numbers like 1338 or something meant Nazi's too - i swear to god the internet is more obsessed with nazis everywhere than nazis are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
“CYCLONE” was taken and dumbass figured “CYCLONB” looks close enough if you squint.

Also are we going to talk abut Alan Dershowitz and how it was a good thing for society that he represented Jeffrey Epstein? Or did we already talk about that in here?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

blarzgh posted:

Its literally the school colors on the license plate. Maybe their F150 is "CyclonA."

The other day a bunch of people were saying some numbers like 1338 or something meant Nazi's too - i swear to god the internet is more obsessed with nazis everywhere than nazis are.
Or something.
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what the numbers are. (Not saying that you're a wannabe, but that you're not dumb and you don't live under a rock)

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

blarzgh posted:

Except things like 1488, 14, 88, 12/13 are well known codes for white Supremacist / neo nazi organizations and prison gangs that have been around for a while

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Phil Moscowitz posted:

“CYCLONE” was taken and dumbass figured “CYCLONB” looks close enough if you squint.

Also are we going to talk abut Alan Dershowitz and how it was a good thing for society that he represented Jeffrey Epstein? Or did we already talk about that in here?

I could use a refresher

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

EwokEntourage posted:

Except things like 1488, 14, 88, 12/13 are well known codes for white Supremacist / neo nazi organizations and prison gangs that have been around for a while

OK, what's the deal with 12/13? I come from a town where we used to have a lot of neonazi skinheads and I have never come across it. I found 13% on the alt-right glossary wikipedia page. Everywhere I have seen graffiti with the number 13 in the wild has been in connection with Eme though. I have never seen 13% anywhere except that wikipedia page, and I was unable to find anything about 12/13.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
0 118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

evilweasel posted:

nobody's ever going to beat fish to an available dick

except your mom

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

therobit posted:

I'm not a lawyer so I don't usually post here, but I did live in Akita (south of Aomori) for a couple years. They're not turtles, they're kappas. A kappa is a mythical Japanese creature that drags cucumber-stealing children into the river to drown and likes to come up at you from the cesspool if you are in the outhouse and eat the cherry that humans apparently have in their anus according to some depictions. Also Kappa Zushi rules and the little shinkansen trains are awesome. That is all.

yeah. I know.

but all of the active duty called it turtle sushi. they looked like loving turtles and no one wants to think about rear end cherry lore before dinner.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I just wish I could find star cheese in the states so I can make proper cheese rolls.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

therobit posted:

I'm not a lawyer so I don't usually post here, but I did live in Akita (south of Aomori) for a couple years. They're not turtles, they're kappas. A kappa is a mythical Japanese creature that drags cucumber-stealing children into the river to drown and likes to come up at you from the cesspool if you are in the outhouse and eat the cherry that humans apparently have in their anus according to some depictions. Also Kappa Zushi rules and the little shinkansen trains are awesome. That is all.

Japan is completely hosed up. What kind of idiot nation imagines water spirits that drown you, what the gently caress is that. Morons.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Toona the Cat posted:

I just wish I could find star cheese in the states so I can make proper cheese rolls.

This but hot sweet potato. And pre-made dashi so I don't have to make my own.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

EwokEntourage posted:

What the heck is 12/13

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

What the heck is 12/13

Aryan Brotherhood/Aryan Circle
It's a Texas prison gang thing.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Nice piece of fish posted:

0 118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I appreciate this.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Abugadu posted:

I appreciate this.

Fish's Mom's number?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

mastershakeman posted:

What the heck is 12/13

Aryan Brotherhood (A-1, B-2) and Aryan Circle (A-1, C-3). Both big prison gangs.

https://www.adl.org/hatesymbolsdatabase

E;f,b, but i had a citation.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

joat mon posted:

Fish's Mom's number?

Ha! Look at the old guy that doesn't obsessively consume media.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

Or something.
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what the numbers are. (Not saying that you're a wannabe, but that you're not dumb and you don't live under a rock)

1488 makes me think of 1408 which is a terrible John Cusack movie based on the pretty good Stephen King short story that I first read in Everything's Eventual, and I now realize I conflated 1338 with "1337" which was gamertag slang for "Leet" i e. "Elite" in the early 2000's.

These are the things that are "under the rock" with me .

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Nice piece of fish posted:

Ha! Look at the old guy that doesn't obsessively consume media.
My initial thought was 8675309, but :corsair:

Though I must confess I did need to call my son to tell me the address for The Google to figure it out.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

joat mon posted:

My initial thought was 8675309, but :corsair:

Though I must confess I did need to call my son to tell me the address for The Google to figure it out.

Fun fact, the guy who plays "Moss" (Richard Ayoade) has a law degree and used to practice, but was likely drawn away from law to our general benefit by his college theatre experience. He's also half norwegian. So overall a pretty great guy.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
So I have retaken LSAT after cancelling the spring results and got 171, which should be enough for my purposes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
grats Alexey

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Ephemeron posted:

So I have retaken LSAT after cancelling the spring results and got 171, which should be enough for my purposes.

Same category of news as finding a lump on one of your balls

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Ephemeron posted:

Reread my cautionary tale and think real hard about this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ephemeron posted:

Nice job. Downside is now you’re going to be come a lawyer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Not just you, toona. There are a number of us. You just have one of the most hilarious stories.

Being a lawyer broke slyfrog’s brain. MSM is terminally underemployed after being discarded from firms. TenementFunster lost his job to similar capriciousness years back. I’ve spent two years trying to find a decent job and am back in grad school as a result.

We do have some successful lawyers here. We have biglaw and medium law partners. We also have a bunch of people who work poo poo jobs and are buried under hundreds of thousands in debt.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

“Arbitrary and capricious” perfectly describes law school, the practice of law, justice, the court system, and my rear end

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ulmont posted:

Aryan Brotherhood (A-1, B-2) and Aryan Circle (A-1, C-3). Both big prison gangs.

https://www.adl.org/hatesymbolsdatabase

E;f,b, but i had a citation.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a hell of a lot more people are familiar with 13 as Eme or even just a bad superstitious number, and in absence of a bunch of nazi prison ink you probably shouldn't assume it ia related to Aryan Circle.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

quote:

I think I mentioned before that sometime ago my brother and I were driving one evening to Chattanooga, Tennessee, from Atlanta. He was driving the car. And for some reason the drivers were very discourteous that night. They didn’t dim their lights; hardly any driver that passed by dimmed his lights. And I remember very vividly, my brother A. D. looked over and in a tone of anger said: “I know what I’m going to do. The next car that comes along here and refuses to dim the lights, I’m going to fail to dim mine and pour them on in all of their power.” And I looked at him right quick and said: “Oh no, don’t do that. There’d be too much light on this highway, and it will end up in mutual destruction for all. Somebody got to have some sense on this highway.”

Somebody must have sense enough to dim the lights, and that is the trouble, isn’t it? That as all of the civilizations of the world move up the highway of history, so many civilizations, having looked at other civilizations that refused to dim the lights, and they decided to refuse to dim theirs. And Toynbee tells that out of the twenty-two civilizations that have risen up, all but about seven have found themselves in the junkheap of destruction. It is because civilizations fail to have sense enough to dim the lights.8 And if somebody doesn’t have sense enough to turn on the dim and beautiful and powerful lights of love in this world, the whole of our civilization will be plunged into the abyss of destruction. And we will all end up destroyed because nobody had any sense on the highway of history. Somewhere somebody must have some sense. Men must see that force begets force, hate begets hate, toughness begets toughness. And it is all a descending spiral, ultimately ending in destruction for all and everybody. Somebody must have sense enough and morality enough to cut off the chain of hate and the chain of evil in the universe. And you do that by love.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

blarzgh posted:

1488 makes me think of 1408 which is a terrible John Cusack movie based on the pretty good Stephen King short story that I first read in Everything's Eventual, and I now realize I conflated 1338 with "1337" which was gamertag slang for "Leet" i e. "Elite" in the early 2000's.

These are the things that are "under the rock" with me .

Sir, please just take your medication. I don't want to call the orderly again.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

therobit posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a hell of a lot more people are familiar with 13 as Eme or even just a bad superstitious number, and in absence of a bunch of nazi prison ink you probably shouldn't assume it ia related to Aryan Circle.

Well yea, its all about context. Without any context, no one is going to look at 13 and think of the Mexican Mafia, especially not outside of the Southwest / Texas area where they are more prevalent. But if you espousing a bunch of white supremacist poo poo and you have 13 tatted on the back of neck next to a clover, people are going to think your in the AC or whatever.

I don't know what the context of Blarzgh's "young people today / drat liberals" comment was, it just that those numbers are well known and associated with white power / neo nazi groups

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not just you, toona. There are a number of us. You just have one of the most hilarious stories.

Being a lawyer broke slyfrog’s brain. MSM is terminally underemployed after being discarded from firms. TenementFunster lost his job to similar capriciousness years back. I’ve spent two years trying to find a decent job and am back in grad school as a result.

We do have some successful lawyers here. We have biglaw and medium law partners. We also have a bunch of people who work poo poo jobs and are buried under hundreds of thousands in debt.

At his first job after college, my son makes more than I do.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

At his first job after college, my son makes more than I do.

My wife has made 50% more than I have since we graduated high school, and her job does not require a college degree.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

therobit posted:

And 12 pops up a lot for Aggies and Seahawks fans, too, sure. If I see those numbers as prison ink or combined with other hints though I’m going to pay attention.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

lol if you think I'm reading this

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The people I know who were a lawyer somewhere else and are now in US law school seem to be doing well so far vs. the first-time law students in our class. One of them was hired sight-unseen at roughly twice the going rate for an in-house summer job. I have no idea whether that carries over to post-graduation employment or whether country of origin makes much of a difference.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not much of a downside, really. I've been lawyering for over a decade, and now I'll get to do that in a jurisdiction that doesn't consistently feature in "worst countries to live in if you're LGBT+" lists and will likely do so for the rest of my lifetime.

It's still uncertain whether it will be Canada or the US, but I expect to nail that choice down by the end of this year.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 10, 2019

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

Ephemeron posted:

Not much of a downside, really. I've been lawyering for over a decade, and now I'll get to do that in a jurisdiction that doesn't consistently feature in "worst countries to live in if you're LGBT+" lists and will likely do so for the rest of my lifetime.

It's still uncertain whether it will be Canada or the US, but I expect to nail that choice down by the end of this year.

lol pick Canada. no brainer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

EwokEntourage posted:

lol pick Canada. no brainer

Yeah, the only reason to pick the US over Canada would be for weather, and if you're already used to Russia, who cares.