Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bushiz posted:

the only major gripe with pizzagate anyone on this forum had was that it was limited to the democrats and that it was happening in a restaurant basement.

the problem with pizzagate was that it needed a bunch of secret code words about satanism, adrenochrome, and organ harvesting. turns out all you need is an upper class and earthly delights. occam’s razor or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Theris posted:

So it seems increasingly likely that qanon/pizzagate were false flags* to prime the public into disbelieving the more incredible aspects of this, right?

*I'm 90% sure there's a specific term for "conspiracy theory introduced or promoted to distract from an actual conspiracy" but I can't remember what it is.

Edit:

Yeah probably

it's called disinformation and it does seem plausible!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

I've always called that disinformation. the flames of 9/11 truthers being stoked by the Bush administration is, I don't know, a disinformation campaign as a diversionary tactic? what stands out to me though is the concept of a "useful idiot". take pizzahate as an example: I doubt that it was started or even signal boosted by intelligence agencies, but a powerful trafficking-ring would see a red herring for the populace—it's so absurd that it makes the real possibility of an Epstein seem absurd by association. so the useful idiots keep being useful.

reminder that michael flynn's son and mike cernovich were both among the people fanning the flames of pizzagate

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

World War Mammories posted:

the problem with pizzagate was that it needed a bunch of secret code words about satanism, adrenochrome, and organ harvesting. turns out all you need is an upper class and earthly delights. occam’s razor or something

also it's way smarter to do this poo poo off shore than in the basement of a random D.C. pizza joint.

Anyone checked in on how the pizzagaters are responding to all this?

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

TrixRabbi posted:

also it's way smarter to do this poo poo off shore than in the basement of a random D.C. pizza joint.

Anyone checked in on how the pizzagaters are responding to all this?

Claiming various levels of vague and reaching "I told you so, see" and "the REAL story is yet to come, just watch!"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKT9OOkqDTs

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

an actual dog posted:

🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

Probably a good time to consider the merits of "Geoff" as a spelling of his name.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bushiz posted:

the only major gripe with pizzagate anyone on this forum had was that it was limited to the democrats and that it was happening in a restaurant basement.
the problem i had with pizzagate was that it equated delicious, yummy pizza with child loving

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

reminder that michael flynn's son and mike cernovich were both among the people fanning the flames of pizzagate

yeah between this and cernovich "helping" dershowitz on this poo poo makes me think he's somehow tied up in it but that seems crazy because he's basically a nobody

but at the same time he's helping dersh and other child rapists in various ways?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Hodgepodge posted:

Probably a good time to consider the merits of "Geoff" as a spelling of his name.

he works for disney!! how has he not already changed his name!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

also this. the core message is "incredibly rich and powerful people engage in monstrously disgusting acts." there was no reason to add all the other stupid details because it's true and always has been

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bushiz posted:

that’s the problem with “omg pizzagate is real” because of this poo poo. Pizzagate wasn’t “some rich and powerful people are pedos” which everyone with a brain already knew it was “Hillary Clinton and every dem ever rapes children in the basement of a pizza parlor” most of which has yet to be proven accurate.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

can you buttchug adrenochrome

e: sorry I meant to type that into google

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Jeff "Rey" Epstein. this all runs deeper than you think *darth vader breathing sound*

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

bird with big dick posted:

who owes so much child support and/or back taxes that it’s more than half of an 85 million dollar lottery ticket?

Also the person selling the ticket now has dirty money that they can’t spend without the IRS crawling up their rear end.

doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense.

It's not about the actual money, it's about making sure That Bitch (tm) doesn't get a penny of What's Mine.

My brother went off the grid to go be a sheep shearer in west Texas getting paid less than minimum wage under the table rather than support his children. But then, he was a vindictive poo poo when we were kids too.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

like the old god cronus devouring his own children, the wealthiest have already demonstrated a willingness to destroy the young and innocent, to leave them traumatized and devoid of hope for a better future, all for the thrill of a little momentary power and material comfort. they do this in so many indirect ways while pursuing their hollow "enrichment" that it can be no surprise when a bunch of them choose to destroy the young in much more violent and vulgar ways

imo its high time for the titanomachy bitch :getin:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
The more levelheaded conspiracy researchers and writers during the Bush years noted that for whatever reason, ex-intelligence and former Bush White House aides were entering the 9/11 Truth movement but to back absolute and demonstrably false horseshit like “there were no planes/none of the hijacking victims actually died”, “Russia was behind it”, and of course “jet fuel can’t melt steal beams”. Note the staying power of these myths.

Similar things were noted about ex-intelligence and outright white supremacists sneaking their way into the Mind Control and Ritual Abuse communities. The UFOlogical community is laughably bad at handling this, Mirage Men is a killer read/watch on the subject.

Basically a good chunk of American conspiracy theories are dreamed up in the government and fulfill the purpose of allowing their believers to believe they’ve found deeper knowledge and broken free of the government’s official story, all while obfuscating whatever truth may be out there.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

you mean conspiracy theories are a product of themselves? endlessly replicating and consuming meaningful dialogue, like a gray goo apocalypse of horseshit enveloping this entire gay earth?

sounds about right

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

alternate explanation: a lot of people who are dumb as poo poo end up in the intelligence space because the requirements for entry are less "be incredibly competent" like in the movies and are actually more like "be a boring square through college and join the correct frat." then once they are in intelligence, they think they're super smart and competent, like in the movies, and live entirely on their own farts. also the broadly defined "government intelligence" space is at least 100k jobs so if even 3% of people match the above, that's thousands of people who will believe anything.

the FBI is almost entirely staffed by Breitbart readers who forward goofy poo poo to their grandkids. these are not super competent people all around

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Best Friends posted:

alternate explanation: a lot of people who are dumb as poo poo end up in the intelligence space because the requirements for entry are less "be incredibly competent" like in the movies and are actually more like "be a boring square through college and join the correct frat." then once they are in intelligence, they think they're super smart and competent, like in the movies, and live entirely on their own farts. also the broadly defined "government intelligence" space is at least 100k jobs so if even 3% of people match the above, that's thousands of people who will believe anything.

the FBI is almost entirely staffed by Breitbart readers who forward goofy poo poo to their grandkids. these are not super competent people all around

yeah this is why the kgb ran circles around the CIA. our intelligence services have always just been rich kid clubs

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah this is why the kgb ran circles around the CIA. our intelligence services have always just been rich kid clubs

otoh you can also break into them by enlisting in the military so you end up with two distinct breeds of dipshits

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I imagine working in intelligence also makes you more "open minded" to the idea that the government faked 911 and turns kids into rich people drugs considering we've done poo poo just as crazy

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
you can look at the Yale-CIA connection and decide, holy poo poo there’s a sinister connection of all these figures within government but you can also decide, holy poo poo the CIA is run and staffed by total morons and nepotistic moneyed shitheads.

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Jul 10, 2019

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The idea that the evil scumbag aristocrats that rule this society are even halfway competent is too optimistic.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's not about the actual money, it's about making sure That Bitch (tm) doesn't get a penny of What's Mine.

My brother went off the grid to go be a sheep shearer in west Texas getting paid less than minimum wage under the table rather than support his children. But then, he was a vindictive poo poo when we were kids too.

Let him know that someone whose dedicated the last seven years of his life to keeping his own kid out of foster care called him a piece of poo poo.

I'm sure he gets that a lot, though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The CIA/NSA absolutely does nefarious poo poo but it is generally all much more mundane than the MKULTRA stuff. And yeah it's morons all the way up. Even MKULTRA was "let's kidnap randoms off the street and dose them with poo poo tons of acid to see if we can control their mind. Oh, that doesn't work. Well, we know more about torture!"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

you can look at the Yale-CIA connection and decide, holy poo poo there’s a sinister connection of all these figures within government but you can also decide, holy poo poo the CIA and staffed by total morons and nepotistic moneyed shitheads.

Total evil morons.

The CIA must be destroyed for the good of the world.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

there are moments of seemingly staggeringly complex cia competence (blackbird, azorian, all the space sigint) but they mostly seem long ago (except maybe stuxnet), and seem exclusively on the technology side and rarely on the humint, analysis, or activities side

which yeah points to with dumbfuck leadership and unlimited resources a few good ideas will percolate and succeed but many more will end up as central american drone death squad #3482934

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Total evil morons.

The CIA must be destroyed for the good of the world.

At least if we don't survive as a species, our remnants may eventually be assembled into the ultimate black comedy by a life form with its poo poo together.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Best Friends posted:

never assume malice when incompetence is the more likely explanation

but also there's a shitload of malice too

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Breakfast All Day posted:

there are moments of seemingly staggeringly complex cia competence (blackbird, azorian, all the space sigint) but they mostly seem long ago (except maybe stuxnet), and seem exclusively on the technology side and rarely on the humint, analysis, or activities side

dont forget Blue Doom, Meteor, Coyote Claw, Boxman, etc. just for starters. The CIA has done alot of cool poo poo, that most people have never heard about

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
They also made a cyborg cat that was a mobile listening device.

It got run over by a taxi immediately after being dropped off at the russian embassy

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hodgepodge posted:

Let him know that someone whose dedicated the last seven years of his life to keeping his own kid out of foster care called him a piece of poo poo.

I'm sure he gets that a lot, though.

You're not wrong, but

He had actually kind of turned his poo poo around and started paying a little bit when his demons caught up with him and he committed suicide. I have complicated feelings about the whole thing - he had a lot of issues as a kid that our parents had no idea how to deal with and some diagnoses were missed and mishandled. He didn't deserve all the problems he had but the people in his life didn't deserve the way he treated them either.

Anyway he wasn't a billionaire and he never hosed a kid so it's off topic, sorry.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

They also made a cyborg cat that was a mobile listening device.

It got run over by a taxi immediately after being dropped off at the russian embassy

"...the russians used a pinto"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

which yeah points to with dumbfuck leadership and unlimited resources a few good ideas will percolate and succeed but many more will end up as central american drone death squad #3482934

quote:

One hundred idiots make idiotic plans and carry them out. All but one justly fail. The hundredth idiot, whose plan succeeded through pure luck, is immediately convinced he’s a genius.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

You're not wrong, but

He had actually kind of turned his poo poo around and started paying a little bit when his demons caught up with him and he committed suicide. I have complicated feelings about the whole thing - he had a lot of issues as a kid that our parents had no idea how to deal with and some diagnoses were missed and mishandled. He didn't deserve all the problems he had but the people in his life didn't deserve the way he treated them either.

Anyway he wasn't a billionaire and he never hosed a kid so it's off topic, sorry.

Still sorry that he committed suicide :(

Wouldn't be if some of these kid fuckers did, though. Except insofar as that would allow them to escape justice.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

"...the russians used a theremin"

fixed

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when the CIA accidentally released all their hacking tools onto the internet? lol

Hodgepodge posted:

Wouldn't be if some of these kid fuckers did, though. Except insofar as that would allow them to escape justice.

Hopefully only after they name names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

Still sorry that he committed suicide :(

it feels like a certainty to me that at least one of them will "commit suicide"