Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

cowboy picard is gonna go john wick on the romulans when they blow up his dog

is that real?? looks awesome

naem fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
Patwick Stewart

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

He's gonna ride fast cars again, isn't he. Its gonna be an action flick

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Lone Gunman was successful in that it actually got picked up for a season though, lots of backdoor pilots do not. Like the Dwight pilot they aired as an office episode.

Trying to think of any others that actually got picked up.

Masked Rider?

A Different World and Empty Nest were backdoors too, according to the Wikipedia article?

But most probably ended up like that Married With Children that focussed on Proto-Joey Matt LeBlanc

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That better be a naturally pointy eared alien dog. :catstare: Imma be hella mad if dog ear mutilation is canonically a part of the startrek future.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maybe I'm space racist and it's not a dog at all. It's the Glooberlian Ambasador or something.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

That better be a naturally pointy eared alien dog. :catstare: Imma be hella mad if dog ear mutilation is canonically a part of the startrek future.

The dog is Spock

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was going to say Riker it has a 1 on the dog tag

Maybe Q turned him into a dog for the lolz offscreen

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Picard naming his dog Number One would be unbearably :3:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Star Trek: Itchy Butt Rash

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I can't put my finger on what exactly it is but for a series about Picard, that is supposedly not going to be Action Hero Movie Picard, that poster seems off. Maybe I've just seen too many video game covers with men facing into the cover while holding a gun and there's fire and/or an explosion somewhere.

Edit: Like one of my first thoughts was "He really seems like he hates that vineyard."

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Facebook Aunt posted:

To be fair, it might be one of pstews rescue dogs. If that is the case then it probably isn't their fault that the ears are like that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

To be fair, it might be one of pstews rescue dogs. If that is the case then it probably isn't their fault that the ears are like that.
I’m like 99% sure it’s one of those dogs

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Picard rescued it from a roving dog ear crop gang on a lost colony.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

The dog is a Q

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The dog is a talking space alien only Jean Luc can see. What wacky adventures will they get into next week?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gutcruncher posted:

The dog is a talking space alien only Jean Luc can see.

But can he see why kids love to replicate Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
No because whenever he sees a child he flies into a fit of rage. After the blackout he doesn’t know WHY he’s naked in the woods

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Season 1: A 13 episode long legal battle wherein Picard tries to get the Federation to recognize Capt. Picard Day as a federational holiday.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

dudeness posted:

Season 1: A 13 episode long legal battle wherein Picard tries to get the Federation to recognize Capt. Picard Day as a federational holiday.
“I’m a role model, heheh”

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

sweet geek swag posted:

Okay, but then that dog shouldn't be the star. If you glamorize the look it encourages more idiots to do that to their own dogs.

Like "Finding Nemo" where they come right out and say "fish don't belong in a box, kid" and then fans of the movie go out and buy clownfish. Whole movie about how awful it is for this fish to be kidnapped and put in an aquarium, and it made more kids want aquariums.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dogs are extinct

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

That dog needs an ear visor.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

The dog's name is actually Poochinski, the number one Cop Dog in Starfleet, who comes to ask Picard out of retirement to help him track down the infamous Paris Firebug.

This time... it's personal.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Q hosed up again and the Continuum punishes him by making him Picard’s canine sidekick.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/3illSweet/status/1149041820384411648

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:bisonyes:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

who puts the tag on the back of the collar i mean really

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

who puts the tag on the back of the collar i mean really

How else are they gonna sell the merch.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Picard naming his dog Number One would be unbearably :3:

To paraphraseRascals, "He's my Number One dog!"

Or it's a Starfleet doctor who suffered a critical injury and whose brain was transplanted into the nearest life form: a dog. Watch Picard kick rear end with his Hippocratic canine sidekick, Dr. Poochlaski

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Major Picard series spoiler: Poochie dies on the way back to his home planet

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

will picard drive an austin martin or a trans am, that is my question

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Ferrari. It's command red colored, after all.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tighclops posted:

remember that episode where she is seriously depressed but the crew doesn't seem to notice or particularly care? Like, great you finally decided to do a show about that and you pick the single most unsympathetic character in the series to focus it on

loving Voyager

Lmao, get rekt B'Elanna

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This looks loving terrible. :barf:

I'd watch this, though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I just imagine Patrick Stewart being totally dismissive of the whole new series, and there's no way he'll do it -- until he asks what kind of car he'll drive

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why is Picard dressed as Malcolm Reynolds?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LividLiquid posted:

Why is Picard dressed as Malcolm Reynolds?

He didn't update his Malwear protection

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Brawnfire posted:

He didn't update his Malwear protection

:getout:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Dog breeds would change a lot over 300 years, so what I'm saying is, who's to say they wouldn't grow a horn?

This also means that Spot should look equally weird. Assuming the same is for kitty cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me